• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Picking Up the Memories

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
(Lod's POV)

(Lod Kanta)

img_3478-jpg.252075

It hadn't been all that long since it all started... The wasps were never messing around. But who would expect a super advanced broken AI to mess around? Strong as the sense of irony was that the human civilization had fallen so low, reduced to mindless slaves, numbed out factory workers who could do little more than eat canned food and assemble a part from a machine, usually a new wasp. Who knew if they had managed to figure out how to make more of that substance or not. It was dangerous, and knew by experience that even our strongest antidote couldn't repair what was already gone. Only protect us slightly, if we were fast enough to respond. And even then... with our low resources, production of the antidote was very slow. People needed a different kind of protection.

(Wasps- but they have long tendrils)

IMG_3475.JPG

Maybe they found it in the walls that surrounded us completely. We never left, except in automated vehicles used to salavage resources from the outside and to attempt to fight the wasps whose flight patterns and programming prevented from flying very high up, off now. In any case, we were prepared with anti-areal artillary, but judging by the fact America had also gone to waste... maybe guns and bullets wouldn't be enough to save our colony. Hopefully , at least even if one colony fell, the others we heard about would be able to find a counter-measure and continue the cleansing and survival work.

For now, though, we were all alive inside. And so another day of scouting and salvaging would continue.

"Morning Kanata! Going for work I see? Don't forget to go to the bathroom before getting in the cockpit." A tall glasses lady, a redhead in a lab coat waved at me. I waved back with a half-smile.

"It's a little mean to joke like that, miss Delaware." She giggled in response to my words, once again waved and walked away. I sighed with a slight bent forward , until I felt a hand hitting my back.

(Miss Delaware - no lab coat unfortunately)

IMG_3454.JPG

"Oi there buddy!" a VERY energetic voice resonated behind me.

"Kathrn, can't you at least pick an accent?" I requested slowly turning and almost getting slap by the second hand jokingly hitting my back as well.

(Kathryn- but needs more muscle. Much more)

IMG_3452.JPG

"I like trying out new stuff. Like I tried you out last time." She winked and I facepalmed.

"Did you HAVE to phrase it like that? It's really misleading and we both know you don't want that kind of relationship with me, given how the last one turned out."

"Oh come on don't be like that, honey. Besides, you know there are many people in the colony who say we should just quit relationships altogether and just "do it" with everyone, so we can repopulate again faster."

"The NTP don't understand why we're walled in in the first place. We're not flies that can just die and birth many more in a matter of days and without even needing to be there to look after the larva. We..."

"Sis! Sis, are you here? Oh, mr. Kanada! I didn't see you there!" The young soft voice spoke. I would recognize it anywhere, that was Kathryn's sister, Kyoko. She made a deep bow to me, and I almost did one back, but Kathryn gestured me not to. The two girls used to live in Japan in spite of being German, so they picked up some habits from there. Habits I didn't really understand all that well. "Thank you for helping me with my studies the other day!"

(Kyoko)

IMG_3453.JPG

"Yeah, on my behalf too, Kanada. Completely forgot that was why I came to talk to you in the first place."

"And I who thought you were gonna talk about what a lovely morning this was, Kathryna."

Kyoko looked away and Kathryna laughed and smacked my back again. I almost got thrown to the ground by the force of this one.

"Hah! Good one. But when we do have a "lovely morning" again, I will talk about it. To you in the morning and to the boys at the pub in the night. Gonna be rarity from all that smoke coming from the west. Gotta get to work now, though. You need my help setting up again, don't you Kyoko? You should really just get a director already. Jeez..." Kyoko nodded and blushed, looking down. Kathryna chuckled and sighed, the gave me a thumbs up. "Well, i guess we're going then. Maybe I'll you babysit Kyoko again sometime, you don't charge after all."

"It was just tutoring sis!" The younger girl complained , but Kathryna rubbed her hair and placed an arm around her shoulder as they went inside Kyoko's cockpit room. So young a girl, barely 14 and already working to help the colony. Kathryna had a wonderful sister, even if they could hardly be more of a contrast. Karthryna , the big and really muscular one with long brown hair and a chill atitude, always laughing, rude as a sailor, never quite settling on what kind of joke she wanted to pretend to be today despite her skill in riding the automated vehicles. Kyoko, as short in height as in hair, having it painted pink (so i couldn't really quite tell what color it was originally), always shying away and blushing but studying hard and becoming a better pilot over time, even if at the moment she was a bit of a clutz.

(Connection Suits)

IMG_3455.PNG

Not that it was too worrying, automated vehicles were called that for a reason. While "offline" and in cases of unforeseen emergencies , they were heavily and carefully programmed to be able to act on their own. Of course, this greatly limited their maneuvers and if it didn't they were set to self-destruct. No the only way to bring out the full potential of an automated vehicle was to have a human "riding it" , controlling it at a distance from inside a cockpit. More control would be transferred to the rider as their skills improved until they could pull stunts like Kathryna's destruction of a factory.

The big greenish black metal door opened with a rusting sound, we barely had enough oil for the vehicles. Security reasons aside, there was no reason these doors had to be locked so I proposed we just started leaving them open since we couldn't oil them. It was still going over the bureocracies.

Holding a sandwhich as he checked the cockpit was my director , Calson Forbe. It was quite amazing how even in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, some people still managed to look like they just swallowed a McDonald's store whole. Still, he was worth the trouble.

(Calson Forbe)

IMG_3474.PNG

"Morning." I greeted him.

"Shhh! I'm working!" He responded, holding out to a finger to me. Still, he was worth the trouble... I left him to check up the cockpit, never ceasing to worry that crumbles of cookies might get into the mechanisms no matter how many times he assured me they wouldn't. In the meantime I took my time equipping the connection suit.

Finally it was time to ride. I sat on the cockpit, letting each of my feet sink into one of it's techno tubes, while my hands were shoved into the other two. My director then placed the eletrods on my head and chest, and the monitors turned on. Suddenly one could hear turbines as the engines of everything turned up.

"Alright , let's get the morning started!" Kathryna's voice was heard from the speakers. I have my director a nod, and he pressed the code to initiate my connection with the automated vehicles. It immediately disabled it's shield and took vision, with Kathryna leading up on her red model and Kyoko closely behind on her standard white model.

(Standard Automated Vehicle Model)

IMG_3456.JPG

"Kanata! I think you have to look at this! It's a whole bunch of food!" Kyoko reported. "I'll go fetch it."

"Kyoko that's an obvious trap..."

"Oh, but we can't just leave that much laying around like that!"

"Which means I'm going in." I smirked albeit, being in another room, she couldn't see it. But the thing about automated vehicles was that, while there were standard minimum quality regulations, and simple models provided for any new riders, the reality of it was anyone with enough mechanical expertize could freely modify one. And with a coding expert like Forbe on my side too....

(Kanata's Modified Model)

IMG_3464.PNG

I approached the obvious trap that we had no voice but to attempt to catch. One system that most vehicles has permanently automated was the grabbing vehicles. Normally, they would automatically proceed to heavily scan the contents of whatever they picked up to determine whether it was safe to, and only the would they bring those into cargo where the contents would shipped down to the colony through the conduits, which were normally sealed off and were opened only periodically to collect anything that was sent down them. But my model had a manual cargo and two arms. Not only was it built for more complex dynamic movements, it could hold something without needing to scan it first. This, of course, made it harder to maneuver and could present a security risk should I not be careful about what I grabbed. But with that tempting of a bait, the trap was set away from it for sure. That way they could keep the resources and still get our vehicles out of commission.

I jumped into the ruins of the supermarket, admiring the sheer of it. Even in ruins one could tell the night and extension it once had, the way it spanned for so long... The heat sensors picked up something from the walls, and I took a quick leap,using the booster turbines to propell the vehicle. Walls of the supermarket exploded left and right and some ground traps triggered as well. I landed near the food pile, but something felt off. I snake just a little before two large bear trap like things pushed into a close. Their metal was rusty, poorly used, clearly made by one of those nearly automated human slaves from the wasps. It wasn't enough to cause serious damage to my model, although it could potentially have trapped a whole standard model. Before I could push my vehicle away, a swarm of wasps began making their way up, some smashed by their own explosion even, and ambushed it. Did they think there was a pilot INSIDE the machine? Or maybe they were just following programming. Maybe both. But why there was a trap this close and at a time like this was a mystery yet. If only I had been allowed to equipp proper simple weaponry... This would be much easier.

"Do I have enough energy?" I inquired my director.

"Yep. It is advisable you recharge as soon as you can bring back that salavage though."

I nodded and made the machine pull it's arms down and open up the traps. The wasps weren't going to wait around either and simply charged ahead, their machinery insectoid noises and clicking sounds deafening my ears. I turned around quickly, punching the air, and of course every wasps that wasn't already damaged managed to avoid the blow. But scattering them was my goal. I could still see Kyoko's model in the distance, but there was no time to play around. I turned and picked up the food , jumping again to escape. But as I leaped away from the ruins of the supermarket, I stopped at the notice of a figure...

"There's a girl in there! She looks...she looks like she's breathing!" I made the machine punch the air again, there was no time to assess the situation.

"You know there is no allowing strangers into the colony like HEY!" Forbe was saying when I suddenly grabbed the girl trying to balance the food with my other hand and arm (dropping some) and spurned towards the colony away from the flies "You know, she won't get in, and now we may have lost our chances to completely outrun the wasps too... we tend to choose cities far way on purpose you know? For a reason!"

My model kept sprinting away with the wasps tailing it. My grin was turned into a clench of teeth as I frantically tried to escape. To add to the pressure, though, it seemed the conversation was overheard, as madam president opened a channel to speak.

"Rider Lod Kanata, are you trying to violate colony law?"

I didn't respond.

"Rider! Answer!"

I gulped. Looked at my director.

"Forbe, bring me some adoption papers."

The president looked confused, unsure now of what I was gonna do, why or how I got access to those papers. Forbe was in fact a hacker, which was the source of his skill with coding. I removed one of my hands, setting it for an automatic holding of the food, while I took a pen and signed some names. Yes, I thought I heard her whisper it...her name...Eve...

"Now she's Eve Kanata, my daughter. Colony law says anyone who is related by family ties has a right to enter the colony if the family so wishes. Open the conduits when my model arrives."

The wasps were closing in. This time my air fist hit a few more, they realized they could outrun me if the kept a consistent pace instead of backing away. This was not good, not at all...

"Do you realize..." the president started

"I do. Now please order their opening, madam president. "

She hesitated, and maybe I even saw a growl as she turned off the channel and I placed my hand back on the tube. The other two riders were silent, trying to head back through safer venues.

I reached the wall with my robot, used the food as an "air bag" for the girl and shoved it all through the conduits. Then turned around.

"Weaponize energy." I said, pressing the buttons for it. The propolers used for speed were not charging energy from inside the model. Gathering it... and blasting it away, creating and R.E.M. Energy field in a conic form. The wasps that were not fried or disabled ended up crashing against the wall or retreating as they saw their "comrades" fall... I held out the most I could economizing energy, until my model couldn't hold out anymore and went offline...

"Girls...I think I will need one of yours to bring mine a recharge." I joked nervously, but also with a hint of joy at what i succeeded in doing.

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
@Idea wow that was a long one xD nicely done my friend

(Eve's POV)

(Eve)

(Eve when she was a child)

2010-09-29-329259.jpg

(Her mother, Lily and father, Peter)

shin_sekai_yori-17-satoru-adult-26-smile-reunion.jpg

Every wonder how your past was like? Remembering all the fond and fun memories of each person you've been with. Seeing your parents, guiding you to almost everything when  you were little. Those were the days when everything was still peaceful within my family. My mother, whose name is Lily was in love with my father, whose is is Peter. Those two met one day at a social meeting and they ended up falling in love. My mother who believed that everything was planned by God, believed that she was meant to be with my father. But without knowing anything, father already had a wife from another country back then. We were living happily within the colony, I used to play with a boy back then. He was really mischievous at times but he was a fun and kind boy, who helped me and listened to me play the piano back then at the church we used to go to.

2010-09-29-329260.jpeg

The church was beautiful, big and had water surrounding it that sometimes, me and that boy would play in it sometimes that we get wet after every mass we go to. Not only was the church beautiful at the outside but also when you walk in, you'll feel the cool breeze inside and see old and amazing statues and other pictures of the saints.

fate-zero-0103.jpg

Thinking that everything is perfect, it all falls apart when my mother died. She always had a weak heart and my father did his best in looking out for her in every time we went out for a family walk or outing. My father and I was devastated when my mom passed away. But not long after, his real wife came to live with us. I've never met the woman before but when she finally came, I was in awe when I first met her. She looked like an angel that came from the heavens. With her blonde curly hair and blue eyes. Thinking she was a nice woman, I approached her, for the first time and when I did, she looked at me with disgust. She would do that every time my father wasn't around. She would order me around like I was some slave. She made me do everything for her and sometimes hit me, where its not visible to my father. Her name was Angelica Kanata. She was the only daughter of an important friend of my grandfather.

CPgb1ByDDdWgaNLg9T5Gcg127246

Years passed and I was 6 yrs old, I was playing the piano in the church. When I noticed Angelica, my step-mother came around to see how I was doing. She then told me I had to find something she lost. And because I was still a naive kid back then, I followed her and did as I was told. Not knowing where we were going, after following her, she lead to a room and then covers my mouth with a moist cloth. Out of panic and shock, I tried to escape but I ended up losing consciousness. And that was not the worse part that happened. 

I woke up in a deserted place, an abandoned city, not knowing where I was or how I even came to be here. I have no idea who my parents are, who my parents are. Everything from the past. Erased, except for me name. My name is Eve.

0ece4ea75f24591b691b18665029124e.jpg

============================================================================

Present time

I felt something grab hold of me, wait... no, it's not something, but someone. I couldn't see very well for some reason. My vision was all blurry and I couldn't really see the face of the person who carried me. Feeling like I was going to faint again, I closed my eyes until I lose consciousness.

After a few hours, the next thing I knew, I woke up in a white room. But then noticed a needle inserted on my arm and an oxygen mask, covering my mouth. 'Where am I....' I thought and looked around.

14_00115.jpg

And then suddenly, a woman, dressed all in white walks over to check how I was doing. She had a clip board and wrote down something and then takes off my oxygen mask. I didn't know what to say at first but then asked. "Excuse me.. where exactly.. am I right now?" the nurse answered kindly "You're in a hospital right now, sweetie." she said.

14_00105.jpg

(The nurse)

15546311e95e0e584de6002dc7745314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(Lod's POV)

"You've gone and done it..." Calson Forbe slowly turned his spinning chair towards me, letting himself sink back in with a sigh of relief. Probably directed at the fact we saved so much food in spite of everything. "Now is just a matter of whether this will be framed as you ignoring the colony law and even wasting precious supplies by dropping them in your escape or if this will be treated as if a glorious win under the president's watch. I knew you sometimes had an attitude, and that you hired me, but messing with polititians is an invitation to getting dragged in the swamp, as they used to say back in America."

"Come on don't be like that. We could have it worse than president Ange, I mean have you seen the Doopleberry crops?"

He didn't seem to be in the mood to laugh right now.

"A cabbage would be less of a mess. In my opinion, she's banking on her predecessor, and her hesiatation to change the laws much is all I can say of good about her. Which makes her worse than the guy we impeached." He turned back to the monitors, pressing a few buttons to make my model appear, holographically and in pre-recorded footage of the chase just now. "I'll ask the girls for their footage to, need to run a check to see if there is anything we could improve or needs repair. In the meantime, I think your new little girl is probably getting dumped inside by now. I propose you start going, you should be at the hospital in an hour, since no one can really afford a car anymore, for riding in the colony at least."

I nodded, and began disconnecting myself from the cockpit. It was a slower process than I would have liked, but if I wasn't careful the electrodes could electrocute me,and while spacious and relatively harmless, the tubes could be dismagnetified if hit too harshly. Worse, if so damaged the radiation could escape. My mind was full of something else this time though...

After changing back out of my connection suit, I exited the dimly lit cockpit room, finding miss Delaware outside, her face in a mixed , hesitant frown. It seemed she didn't know what to say, did she? She was probably confused by the suddenness of all this... I could tell. I was a little dense, so it took me a really long time to get to really connect with what people were feeling. But if I did, well, it was now clearly obvious from her expression alone that she wanted to at once praise and scold me for my actions. I tried giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry. We can talk about this another time. For now, there is a girl hopefully being brought to a hospital who I must check on. Forbe is inside going over my specs, maybe you'd like to join him? The girls are still going over coming back , and Jacob had a cold today, so..." 

She faltered her frown, soon restoring it but nodding in agreement to go inside my cockpit room. There were several gazes at me, people murmuring about how I just abused the system. Not all was bad though, as Forbe had pointed out, there was more than one way to look at this event.

"Wooo! Go Kanata!"  "Well done boy!" Someone shouted from the canteen. The canteen ladies were quite friendly and caring people, a small community right there, and it seemed they generally supported my decision, along with some of the guys there too, who raised their cups at the cheer. I gave them all a little wave, and hands in pockets, I exited the AVC (automated vehicle central). 

(Lunch ladies, imagine them all in the same outfit)

IMG_3483.JPGIMG_3484.JPGIMG_3485.JPG

The colony was a wonderful place to live in, in spite of what would have expected a few years ago. Without the general industry of old, created with the purpose of mass sales and propelled by conscience, cheap prices and great profits, the current way of doing things had to economize and if possible recycle every little resource we could get our hands on. Even the "necessities" had been used for fuel and gardening. Yes, gardening. The inside of the colony was quite luxurious in it's greenery, steaming from the cleaner way of designing and constructing homes. At first, few knew better than to make sheds or attempt to create skyscrapers. But skyscrapers were soon outlawed out of the danger of becoming beacons for the wasps. And anyone would prefer living in a normal house over a shack. So nowadays, the colony's home were almost always made the same, very compact and practical manner. There were only a few taller buildings, like the AVC, the broadcast tower, and the town assembly building, dubbed TAB. It wasn't an overly tall building, in terms of size, it was the largest in the colony and the most well protected in spite of it's glassy appearance. It had a stronger generated shield than the colony itself and than any automated vehicle. There weren't really any roads nowadays, only a few electronic paths for bicycles, but people still kept the habit of watching out, since there was an occasional vehicle from some richer folk passing by. The roads connected everything in our colony. They led to homes, important buildings and the farming area at the center of the colony, taking up around 70% of the total space. For obvious reasons, I was taking the one to the hospital, but I wasn't exactly running. I knew it'd take time for them to properly pick up the girl and bring her to the room and set everything up to make sure she was alright. Even if I ran like hell, I would just be blocked from entering because the doctors (rightfully) needed space to do their job. 

(Colony View, AVC to the left and broadcast tower to the right)

IMG_3479.JPG

(TAB)

IMG_3486.PNGIMG_3487.JPG

(Typical Colony Home- ignore the car and parking lot)

IMG_3482.JPG

(Hospital)

IMG_3488.JPG

The road to each the place was very much like inside AVC, among those that knew or to whom the rumor had spread. I was called a hero and I was booed, some wondered why I wasn't at work, others asked me if I was alright, some just stared confused and many didn't even flint he, just went on with their lives since they had not yet heard of what happened. And as before, like the cockpit room, all I could focus on was wether the girl was alright and how I would live up to the responsibility I just created for myself. The girl was passed out near a trap set up by the wasps. She probably wasn't a slave , but it would be a miracle if I didn't have to hire a nanny and bring her to a nursery with how exposed to memory wipping she was. Still, there was hope. She had muttered a name back then, I assumed her own. If I didn't mishear it, then that meant she at least still had the cognitive memories to speak, possibly even to understand language as she once probably had. 

I arrived at the hospital, receiving new glares, and I requested to see the girl. I was indicated what room she was in and that she was alone with her nurse at the moment , having just woken up. I sighed with relief that the president hadn't made it here yet, although I expected she would pop up at any time now. I had to get a foothold first. 

At least the hospital door, while still for some reason automatic, where better maintained. I would have to ask them how they accomplished that sometime. I stepped into the hospital room and gazed inside. Damm, these were almost luxurious. Some people would probably be better off living here than in a regular home... I shook my head, trying to focus, but I was stuck for words. I look at her body specs, it seemed that part from a couple small fratcures and some nutrient deficiency the girl was alright. I frantically searched for the papers in my Avnet, feeling them in a pocket after a few moments. I realized I was procrastinating my own talking to the girl who was now my daughter. What should I say? What should I say?

(Hospital room)

IMG_3481.JPG

I raised a hand and gave the girl a slight smile. 

"H-Hi... You're...Eve, right? Are you feeling ok? Do you remember anything?" I attempted to greet the girl. 

@LullDayBreak13

Looking at the place, it was obvious I was in a hospital room but then at the same time it feels so different. I looked around the room and could only see a few things inside the room. There was a table beside my bed, a small bathroom, a mirror, a chair, the bed. Everything looked so simply yet neat. The nurse knew that something that I didn't and asked me if I seen some wasps around me and I answered her "Yes... I've seen them... but.. I can't seem to remember why I ended up here...". Hearing a door slide open, I turn around to see a black-haired guy and he awkwardly smiled at me. "Eve..." I said softly and studies the man approaching me.

"Eve is my name...."

I don´t remember a lot. Just my parents and also my step-mother. I nodded when he asked me question "I remember some actually.... my name is Eve and, my parent's name are Peter and Lily. And my step-mother is named Angelica." I answered and then turned to face the man. "Who.. are you?" I asked, curiously but then I was cautious at the same time. Who knows what these people might do to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I am pretty sure her remembering her parents wasn´t part of the plan, but I´ll go along with it for now)

(Lod´s POV)
I suddenly didn´t know what to respond anymore. Words usually came out so fluidly from my mouth, but this time around they were stuck. I felt like if I tried to speak, only baby babble would come out. For starters, this girl remembered her parents, which posed a problem: I was her father now, under colony law. Unless her real parents spoke up of course, my licence was still in time to be rebutted. Which was the more of a problem, though. I didn´t know of anyone named Peter and Lily, or at least none in a relationship. Then again, maybe I once did. My childhood memories were jogged after all. But if this girl recall that couple, then she might reject me as her father, which meant my licence would get rebutted and we would both get arrested. But, again, legally she had to accept before I mentioned any of that or I could be charged with blackmailing her... Damm, this was more complicated than I thought at first...

Wait, looking back, I hadn´t thought about it at all!

"I, I uhm... Well, you see... it´s a little complicated." How am was I supposed to explain that?! "I haven´t really introduced myself yet, I s-suppose. I am-am Lod Kanata. And as of today, YOU a-are Eve Kanata. Understand?... You see... I am your father. Now. I am your father now. I realize you probably want to say I´m lying, but... when you were being brought into the colony, I signed these papers, meaning I adopted you..."

I pulled the papers out and showed them to her. They were official declarations of the commitment to take care of her, and to help raise her, as well as of her belonging to my family under the status of being my daughter. I prepared myself for potentially rash or even violent reactions from the girl´s part. It would be understandable, given she was waking up in a hospital room and she was having all of this thrown at her so suddenly. It was certainly no pleasant sight to awake to. I wished I could at least be a comforting figure, instead of just someone else who was here adding to her nightmares. I cleared my throat, and turned to the nurse.

"Excuse me, could we have some water? From an actual glass, that is." I requested, before facing my new daugher once again. "I suppose you must have a long bunch of questions. If you still remember wasps and your family, though, that may really help... I will answer your questions the best I can, it´s the least I can do at this point."

LullDayBreak13 LullDayBreak13

((i kinda forgot about this actually))

"Log...Kanata?" I repeat what the man just said and then pointed at myself. "I'm Eve Kanata.." she repeated, a new name. New family. New life. I look around and see that the nurse was observing me and then look down at the papers that were shown. I read some and touched where my name is written. "Eve Kanata...." if this will my name, that means I won't get to see my parents anymore.

"I suppose you must have a long bunch of questions. If you still remember wasps and your family, though, that may really help... I will answer your questions the best I can, it´s the least I can do at this point."

I turn to face the man who is now my new father and said "Only one question... can I... trust you?" just one question was enough for me and if his answer is somewhat suspicious, well, I don't know what I'll do. I just want to see how this one will turn out.

(Lod´s POV)
She was touching the papers, repeating her name. There was a glint of sadness in her eyes, making me avert my own. Did I make a mistake? I couldn´t help but wonder that, over and over. Over and over. It was an emergency, though, it couldn´t be helped! Yet as she turned to me again, glaring up like some poor stray cat, the guilt weighed in my chest. She inquired if she could trust me. I opened my mouth, prepared to say yes, but words did not come out. Would it be the right thing to say? Was there a right thing to say right now? And why was she asking that, had I in fact already earned her distrust? With so much of her memory still intact, I thougt she might be a little more receptive. But maybe I was wrong... I looked down. Then back to her.

"That, unfortunately, is not the kind of question I can answer. Whom you trust is your choice and it´s not my business to make you choose to put your trust in me. So the question is for you. Do you think that you can trust me? With taking care of you, from now on? I do honestly hope that the answer is yes." I stood up, with a bit of renewed determination, perhaps even confidence, I placed a hand in my chest and bent down nearer the girl with a stern gaze "Though, one way or the other, I will promise this: I will make this work somehow. I made a decision, a choice, and I see I´ll see the consequences and responsabilities of it through!"

I pulled back after saying this, turning away from the embarassment. Judging by the size alone, the girl was likely near my age. To be honest, it could be a little awkward, now that I thought about it. I didn´t usually have much of a problem hanging around with girls but I couldn´t say that I had ever been in any... well, intimate situation like that. In fact, I don´t think I had so much as seen a girl in a swimsuit since the whole ordeal with the wasps began.

Wait, no. I needed to calm down. First, assess that she was safe and comfortable enough. I cleared my throat and turned once again to the girl.

"So, hum... Is your body alright? Would you prefer to remain here at the hospital for now, or should we go home right away?" To be honest, it would be better for me to have some time to set things up at home, but it would be just cruel to leave her in the hospital if she was fine enough to go out.

LullDayBreak13 LullDayBreak13

Last edited:
(Lod´s POV)
She was touching the papers, repeating her name. There was a glint of sadness in her eyes, making me avert my own. Did I make a mistake? I couldn´t help but wonder that, over and over. Over and over. It was an emergency, though, it couldn´t be helped! Yet as she turned to me again, glaring up like some poor stray cat, the guilt weighed in my chest. She inquired if she could trust me. I opened my mouth, prepared to say yes, but words did not come out. Would it be the right thing to say? Was there a right thing to say right now? And why was she asking that, had I in fact already earned her distrust? With so much of her memory still intact, I thougt she might be a little more receptive. But maybe I was wrong... I looked down. Then back to her.

I see the man having a hard time coming up with an answer and it doesn't look like he plans to do anything to harm me. I look down at the paper again and then after a few minutes waiting for his answer. Trust. Should I even trust this man in front of me and now that I look at him, he looks about the same age as me but none of that, the important thing here if I can really trust him and he gave me my answer.

"That, unfortunately, is not the kind of question I can answer. Whom you trust is your choice and it´s not my business to make you choose to put your trust in me. So the question is for you. Do you think that you can trust me? With taking care of you, from now on? I do honestly hope that the answer is yes." I stood up, with a bit of renewed determination, perhaps even confidence, I placed a hand in my chest and bent down nearer the girl with a stern gaze "Though, one way or the other, I will promise this: I will make this work somehow. I made a decision, a choice, and I see I´ll see the consequences and responsabilities of it through!"

I watch him put his hand on his chest and bent down near to me and had this firm gaze. It didn't sound like he was lying. Should I trust him? It sounds like he is willing to do take care of me. Is he doing this to earn my trust? I look at the paper and give it back to him. "....." I couldn't say anything to him for a moment but then this stance looked somehow familiar. Similar. I shake my head and the memory was gone. 'What was that?' I thought and I unconsciously said the same thing from that memory "We'll see about that." and I was taken aback after that same sentence.

I look at my body and said "I'm fine.." then I look around the room. The room seems peaceful but lonely and cold at the same time. And I didn't like the feel around it and said "I think going with you is a much better idea.." I replied.

Idea Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back