• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Phones Don't Skate

When her phone, that wasn't actually her phone, chimed in the middle of her Biology course 4 minutes before class ended, Winfred made a face akin to the PTSD cat's. She jumped high, and considering her physique, it was pretty hard to ignore. She had apologized to the professor and excused herself.

It had to be those two again. She'd heard their message in the morning and chose to ignore it out of genuine awe...and fear...but mostly awe. Judging from the contents, Matthew was the name of the guy at the skating rink and ultimately the owner of the phone. She was sure the guy wouldn't appreciate this, but he could -thump- explain that their phones mixed up -thump- and -thump- hopefully he wouldn't sue her for impersonation.

Her anxiousness rose, but she decided to answer this time, gingerly. "Hello?"

"You just won a trip to the Bahamas!"

"You mother!" Winny shouted, attracting the attention of the people around her. She hung up, fleeing to the courtyard to hopefully find Carter.

-----------------------------------

This morning at 4567 Yeridoa included the following for Rhydian: Elliot's puke in the second bathroom on the first floor, a half assed breakfast consisting of healthy cereal he didn't like, and his father begging him to contact Winny and tell her to do something not even Rhydian was willing to do.

He climbed up the stairs, phone in hand. His father's deep voice matched his own, both hushed and serious. "You know this will be good for her. She never had a female influence."

Rhydian paused before reaching the master bedroom on the second floor. He whispered back, "I'm trying Dad. I've been trying."

Dean Tamford breathed a deep sigh into the line, "While we're on the topic, you should meet her too."

"Dad, don't go there. Winny was a baby. I wasn't." Rhydian paused, and then bid farewell. "I need to go, bye. I'll talk to her at the party."

Rhydian gently knocked on the door in front of him. "Hey...uh...Matt, there's cereal downstairs. We'll meet you in the kitchen near the entrance. Ignore the puke smell on the steps, that was Elliot's breakfast."

Except Matthew wasn't in the room. He'd gotten up a lot earlier that day and gone for a run; stopping by a local coffee to pick up a bagel for his pre-workout breakfast. He had long since adapted to not using an alarm, especially since Matthew hadn't exactly trained very hard yesterday. Instead of listening to his own music, he tried the phone owner's library. He didn't mind it, although he agreed that it wasn't what he usually listened to. He made a mental note to add some of them to his roster for potential programs. It would be good to spice up his style. He had gotten a bit annoyed when an alarm interrupted a song he particularly liked though.

Instead of coming out the room, he opened the door to the bathroom adjacent to his with nothing but shorts on.Thank god he kept a towel and extra clothes for training in his backpack. Now that his shirt was off, you could clearly see his well-defined muscles and abs.

"I used your shower. I hope you don't mind but I figured it's better than me stinking up your room with my sweat." He said sheepishly, holding his t-shirt in his hand.

Matthew made a bit of a face and hesitated "What kind of cereal?" He almost certainly wasn't allowed to eat it but he didn't want to be ungrateful. If it was something more healthy he could probably have it but it wasn't like he was supposed to eat cinnamon toast crunch.

"How was I suppose to know that wasn't your phone? You and I swore never to text around each other."

Winfred held the brunnette in a tight headlock. Honestly, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if she just cleared up her mistakes and returned the phone. BUT, and it was a huge one, she secretly still wanted the rink to herself.

Decisions decisions.

"Can you let go now? I get headlocked enough by your brother."

Win instantly let go, "Oh gross, you're nasty!"

"Ha ha! Come on, it's early, let's go shopping for cute outfits." Carter latched a hand onto Win, barely dragging her relunctant friend out of campus.

---------
Rhydian raised an eyebrow, impressed.

Guess ice skating was more than strong legs and willowy bodies.

"No problem, and it's Raisin Bran. There's also fruit if you want some. I'm Rhydian by the way. Rhydian Tamford."

A groan from the depths of the first floor resonated against the walls of the frat house. "Riddle man! Did Helena leave early last night?"

A grimace appeared on Rhidian's face, "And that would be Elliot."

A large man, just like Rhydian, appeared at the bottom of the stairs. He held his head and wiped his blue eyes, ignoring the fact that he was in boxers and nothing else. His hair was sunny blonde, and his body was naturally tanned.

Rhydian shook his head and ignored him, switching his attention to Matthew, "If you don't want to stay for the party, I can just call my girlfriend and ask her to drive Winny here. I'm not sure if meat heads like him" He jabbed his chin in Elliot's direction. "are much fun to be around."

Elliot continued to groan.

"You should both get dressed."

"Ah, sorry." Matthew pulled his t-shirt over his chest. He turned to the man, now named Riddle. "Raisin Bran sounds great but I think...."

He paused. What would Claire do? She would certainly go to the party and drag him along. Something about being friendly and making connections. Winona was supposed to be a fresh start.

"I still have practice later today at 3 but afterward I'd be glad to come help out. It's the least I can do. I'd still like to have my phone back as soon as possible, my music is on there and I'm sure my friends and coaches are worried about ...."

His voice trailed off. Oh, shoot. Matthew slapped his forehead and groaned. He just realized he was supposed to Skype with Victor and Yuuri yesterday and had forgotten all about it when he lost his phone. He wasn't looking forward to explaining himself.

"My coaches." He muttered under his breath. "Yeah. Victor's probably throwing a fit."

After the fourteenth or fifteenth dress that didn't fit over Winfred's bust, Carter gave up on party gowns and settled on some simple yet lively clothing. They traveled for a good part of the morning until they got hungry, then they took some libations near their campus.

Sitting at a courtyard table, Winfred slid her fingers over the phone and examined the last chat message Alex had left.

"Aggressive." She muttered, but she understood why it was.

Carter returned with 3 plates, two of which were not for her. "Why don't you message them back? Tell them it's a misunderstanding."

"Should I?"

Her fingers brushed over the keyboard. How would she start?

Me: Relax man, I'm a friend.

Relatively speaking.
--------------------------------

Rhydian nodded, and then shook his head as Matthew's voice grew exasperated. He sighed. "My offer still stands. I can call them up...and I would get your phone back as soon as possible if I were you. Winfred can be a little ...uh..."

Flashbacks of the past 21 years revealed an assortment of predicaments. From broken noses, arms, legs and furniture to fights with girls, boys, cops and even wild animals.

"Careless. If she gives you any trouble, you could use her phone to call me." He reached for something in his pocket. "I can tell you're new here by the way, take this."

It was a map of Winona, modeled to include spots only residentials knew. "Take it as a sorry for anything Winfred might do to you in the future."

His watch beeped. "Damn, Elliot get dressed! We need to go!"

He nodded at Matthew, before jogging down the steps of the frat home.

One, two, three

Claire fell onto the ice before she completed her fourth rotation but quickly got up without hesitation. She rubbed her sore arms.

"Almost, Underrotated but best attempt I've seen yet" Yuuri commented

Claire grit her teeth. "Almost isn't good enough." She muttered under her teeth. "One more time!"

"No." Her coach said firmly. "Take a lap and go take a break, you've already tried 7 times and fell on each one"

Claire scowled and did as she was told. Right after pulling on her skate guards, she reached for her phone and checked her messages. Matthew had been oddly quiet, even more so than usual. Well, that explained it.

Claire: Uh huh.... sure ;)

"Looks like a friend has his phone," Claire told her coach. "Probably why he hasn't contacted you yet."

It was rare to see either of his coaches be negative with at a skater but he pursed his lips and frowned. "He'd better have a good explanation."

Alex: Oh. Ok. Nice to meet you! I'm Mattie's brother!

Clarie rolled her eyes. Her boyfriend could be really thick.

--

Matthew thanked Riddle for the map. It was full of local gyms, clubs, bars restaurants and coffee shops. He grinned. This might actually come in handy.

"Yes please. Call them up I mean," Matthew said. Then looked confused. "What do you mean what she might do?"

Just then the door opened.

"Is he still here?" Helena peeked through and saw Matthew

"I'm about to leave." He said. "I need to go practice."

Her eyes widened like dinner plates. Matthew hoped Riddle and Eliott wouldn't bring up his lack of clothing just minutes before.

"Can I watch?" She squeaked excitedly. Then realizing how presumptious that must be, she covered her mouth. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that."

Matthew was about to turn her down before he thought about it. He would never improve if he couldn't practice quads. Having someone watch over him might be helpful.

"Actually..." He turned to Riddle. "Take your time. And sure, you can come along. Just promise not to blab online or take videos."

Helena looked absolutely delighted. Her eyes sparkled as a giant grin spread across her face and she jumped for joy.

"I won't! I swear."

"Ooohh, he's cute."

"What are you talking about? He looks exactly like that Matthew person." Winfred swatted the strand of brunnette hair over her eyes. Carter's chin was currently on her head.

"Well, was he not handsome too?"

Winfred raised a brow, not very sure about how to aswer. She'd seen many types of guys in Winona, but most had the rough and tumble appearance she had come to associate with the word "handsome".

This Mattie and Alex duo were new additions to her rolladex of characters. Matthew in paticular. But was he handsome?

"I guess, yes." A strange sensation of commonality settled onto her chest after the acknowledgement. She shrugged.

"Oh oh! Click on her profile."

Win narrowed her eyes, "Yeah, I got it. I got it." A small click later, and a small frown appeared on Winfred's face.

Carter marveled, "Doesn't that look like Helena?"

Win nodded slowly.

The almost imperceptible frown on her face was not due to any enmity towards Claire's person, but the individual she looked like.

The same lean and willowy physique, pretty Asian eyes, and elegance exuding posture. A fierce sense of inadequacy replaced the earlier strange sensation of acknowledgment.

"They seem nice. You should text back."

"Mm, alright."

Me: Nice to meet both of you :) I'm Win.

----------

Helena was nearly bouncing out of her socks when Rhydian and Elliot finally decided to drive away. She had said goodbye, but unknowingly ignored them completely after that.

Elliot Vallis was not particularly fond of the fact, "I don't like the look of that guy." He glared as they rolled off.

Rhydian rolled his eyes. To be entirely frank, Elliot wasn't his best friend by choice. He was fairly sure Elliot knew that...because Rhydian did a good job of showing it. Everyone on track was required to schmooze with the man if they wanted a fair shot at any tournament. Beside that was his pesky little sister. She had set her sights on him.

But he'd die before he let that happen.

"He's fine. Get your head out of Helena Land and focus on track."

Claire: Nice to meet you!
Alex: Ditto
Claire: Oh BTW when you see Matthew can you tell him to call his coaches? They're getting kinda antsy and taking it out on me =/
Claire: How's Matthew fitting in?

Not that Clarie particularly minded. She always felt like nice as Victor and Yuuri were, they didn't push her hard enough.

While Alex and Matthew's facial features were nearly identical and both of them had a smooth younger face, there were a lot of differences. While Matthew loved his twists and turns, Alex had taken up hockey and looked like he had a good 50 pounds on his brother. His boyish smile and windswept hair seemed to draw your attention and instantly make you like him, far different from Matthew's softer features and his ability to blend into the background.

--

"Where do you train? I didn't know we had a club nearby." Helena was still bouncing on her heels. "I'll drive you."

"The local public arena" Matthew answered.

"Ooooohhhhhh" She seemed to process this information.

"Eyes on the road." Matthew reminded.

"Rhydian just texted me....Oh my gosh! He orders you to return the phone!"

Messages kept coming as Winfred's internal alarm went off. How in the name of Wayne Gretzky did her brother find out about this? Did that man tattle on her to her brother?

"Don't text him back!" Win pounced on Carter, who protested. A short skirmish broke out, but Carter was able to squirm her phone out of Winny's hand

"Carter...just, please. Give me at least these twenty minutes to decide what to do before you text him."

Her bestfriend seemed to contemplate whether or not to listen, but in the end she set her phone down.

"Fine, at least text the nice people who are worrying about Ice Skater Matthew."

Win shook her head. Carefully, she swiped over the phone's calling app. "Not yet. I don't know anything about the guy, but I know I'm not ready to give this phone back as long as he has our rink."

"Win...come now."

"I know. Bad Winfred, bad. BUT, this rink means everything to me. I'm not giving up on it. Ever."

Carter resettled onto Winfred's head, kissing the tippy top of her hair. "You're cute when you're stubborn. What are you going to do?"

Win stared at the dailing pad, which now showed her number. She clicked send.

"I'm going to call myself."

-------------

Helena snuck peeks at him even when she was instructed not to do so. She was festering with curiosity, and the closer they got to their destination, the more she festered. Finally, she burst.

"I know it's not my business or anything, but...what brings you to our town? Winona is the complete opposite of a big city!"

She merged onto a road, but kept peering at him.

And while she was on the topic. "Not to mention that there aren't many places to skate. Usually, the region's hockey team trains where we're going."

"College," Matthew said simply. "And I simply need a change in scenery. You ah... might have noticed I didn't do that well last season at Worlds. I have to find inspiration."

Helena nodded and her eyes glazed over. She did remember. Matthew had dropped below tenth place in Worlds, his worst showing yet.

"Maybe I'm getting too old." He muttered.

"That's not true! Evgeni Plushenko still competed when he was 32!" Helena protested. "And Victor Nikiforov won his fifth Grand Prix Final at 28"

"Well... not all of us are Plushenko or Nikiforov." Matthew smiled sadly

Suddenly the phone in his pocket rang. He picked it up.

"Ah um... hello?" He wasn't looking forward to explaining why he had this phone.

The trees at Winona campus rustled with the arrival of a cold front. Winny and Carter didn't mind it, but it made sticking their warm faces against either side of the cold phone harder. Winfred didn't enjoy the dailing time in this weather, and grew anxious at every tone.

But finally, he answered.

She almost didn't recognize him, what with the cautiousness in his tone that no where near resembled the snap he had with her a day ago. How long would that last? She wondered. Obviously when he heard what she had planned, his politeness would gradually dissipate.

"Didn't recognize your own phone number?" She jested, but the joke fell flat when she realized he probably wouldn't appreciate it.

She decided to forgo formalities and go straight through with it. "We're sharing the rink, if you know what's good for your phone. Hang up, and I'm posting my best friend's nudes to your messenger and all your contacts."

Carter Bentley nearly suffered from cardiac arrest. She mouthed a furious "what are you doing?!" and tried to wrestle the phone out of Winfred's hand. However, whenever the Tamfords set there mind to something, there was no stopping them. A vein appeared on Carter's forehead from the muscle power required to even waver Win's steady arm.

Winfred continued, "I'll even be nice about it. You can have the rink to yourself this week."

Last edited:
What?" Matthew yelled.

Helena nearly swerved off the street.

"No. I'm not sharing." He said. "Find another time slot." Was his first reaction.

Then he thought about it. He had already kicked her out of his social media. What was the worst she could do? Clarie and Alex would understand, even his coaches. What he was really worried about were his parents and his sponsors.

He gulped "Fine." He said. "But I need the rink this week."

He hung up before she could give a response, terrified he would let something slip. He could always get another phone but he couldn't give up his rink time.

"Find the nearest Verizon store." He told Helena, who looked startled but gulped and nodded. Matthew had a ticked off look on his face which she didn't want to cross.

"Yes! Yes yes yes!" Winfred let her short dark hair whirl about while she celebrated. She brought the cute ornamental strap of the phone to her mouth and pecked it. "There's finally hope Mr. Polar."

Carter, who had flown into the grass when Winfred decided to let go of the phone, resurfaced with a scowl on her face. "You named it? Forget it, you wouldn't send my nudes to him, would you?!"

Win chuckled lightly, her green eyes flashed gold. "Maybe."

"Win!"

"I'm kidding! I would never do that, but he doesn't know." Winfred went back to staring at the technology in her hand. "Oh wait, I forgot to ask him."

Unknown Number: Me again, your friends are asking about you. They seem to think I'm your friend. Claire wants to know how you're doing. Also, your coaches are worried about you. Should I Skype them?

Obviously she wouldn't skype them if she had no information to give them, but if she had to play the messenger just to get her time in the rink, she would.

-------------

Helena had yet to swerve onto a new road. She didn't know if she should ask if something was wrong, clearly something was. But given that she was cautious, she instead warned, "Are you sure you don't want to go to practice first? Customer service around these parts isn't exactly the friendliest. But when is it? Haha."

And considering he was in a bad mood, she could easily see a verbal argument breaking out.

She smiled sweetly, and her eyes lit up, "If you want, we can go after..." She was going to say, you've calmed down. She didn't though. "After the rink."

Last edited:
Matthew checked his, no her, phone as another message came through. The nerve of that woman. He didn't respond but he did make a mental reminder to download skype and contact his coaches.

Matthew hesitated. He just had to get his phone back. Once he had it back, she had no leverage. Either way, there was no way he was giving up his rink time.

How much time of his time did he want her to waste? Spend an hour arguing with the saleslady trying to upsell him?

"Actually you're right." He said. "Let's go to the rink."

They arrived and Amy waved him in cheerfully.

Helena sat mesmerized in the player's bench as Matthew warmed up.

She squealed and clapped as he landed a triple lutz.

"I'm going to try quads now," he yelled. "Watch out for me okay?"

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" She yelled back.

"As long as you look out for me"

She nearly swooned but kept herself aware enough to catch Matthew landing a quad toe.

After a couple more iterations, Matthew's from getting progressively worse and falling more frequently. He took a break and sat down beside her on the bench.

"Do you know the lady who has my phone? Riddle's sister? Why would she do that?"

Last edited:
Winfreds dark eyebrows lowered around the tenth minute. She figured this Rink Renting Matthew was not going to answer back. Okay then...this was a tender clue to his personality that she would definitely use.

Me: "Fitting in" is a strong term. Matthew and I met in a circumstance that required very little small talk. Anyway, he's doing fine from what I can see. He's just super busy. I'm like a -

Winfred pursed her lips in thought.

Me: - secretary.

She clicked send, enjoying the nice sound the iPhone made. Hers was an Android, refurbished, but that didn't mean she didn't make use of it. Her phone contained an endless roll of pictures from her childhood, songs that she loved, and memes that she laughed at.

She wondered if this man had songs that she could listen to. She missed hearing Dare You to Move by Switchfoot on repeat, and Cosmic Love by Florence and The Machine while she sipheled through pictures of Elliot.

But before she could look through the phone in her hand, Carter gave her a nasty wake up call.

"Hey, it's about time we go to Frido's."

Winny groaned.
---------------
Helena was loving this. Every twist. Every turn. Even the spectacular falls and wobbly landings made her feel like she had just witnessed true art.

When they were done, and they sat close to one another, she couldn't help but feel her heart beat wild.

She stared at his profile, even as he talked. So mature, so refined. It was unlike what she was used to in Winona. Big men were a plenty, but big talent was not.

Speaking of big men, the craftsman in front of her mentioned someone familiar.

"Riddle...Oh Riddy! Wait what, Winfred Tamford has your phone?!"

The luck some people have.

She spent a good two seconds calming herself down. "Mmm, I can only guess it's because she's the best female hockey player in Winona right now." She stuck out her petite tongue out of the side of her mouth in thought, trying to recall something. "Ah! Scouters are always present during really big college matches. She probably wants to get her shot by practicing, and this is the best place to do it."

She thought about her old job at Frido's, where she had quit a week ago, and how it was always crowded and never welcoming.

"Other than that, I don't know. Not many girls outside of her hockey team talk with her. Myself included, but not because I haven't tried.

Helena recalled the moment she had introduced herself, and how everything had been going fine, until a week into their friendship. She shrugged.

"Anyway, I did hear a rumor that she punched a police officer when she was 14. That's about it."

Alex: =O Mattie has a secretary! Where'd he find you? I want one ^^
Claire: Don't be silly of course he didn't hire her. If I can barely afford a publicist, how do you think he can afford a secretary? Not all of us get lucrative sports contracts like you. Also, why would either of you need a secretary? Jesus how many times have I told you to spend money wisely....
Alex: Oh right...
Claire: But yeah quiet sounds like Matthew. What makes you think you're his secretary? other than commandeering his phone? If you're really his secretary you should get on him skyping Yuuri and Victor =P

--

Matthew took another sip of his water bottle. "Makes sense." He didn't seem at all impressed with how Win was apparently really good at hockey.

He wasn't home in Brooklyn much when Alex was going through that but he did remember the one month a year he'd have at home and how freaked out Alex was in senior year of college and high school. Usually so laid back and cheerful, it was disconcerting to see his brother stressed about something.

Even if she didn't hit a police officer at 14, it spoke volumes about the kind of person she was. "Better not cross her anymore."

"Why won't you just meet and get your phones back?" Helena asked curiously.

Matthew sighed. "She's mad at me because I booked the rink when she wanted it. Well if she wanted it she should have booked it." He grumbled.

"Hmm...." Helena thought for a bit. "I don't think people usually book rinks here. It's mostly just drop in."

"Is that so?" Matthew said. "That's inconvenient isn't it?"

Helena shrugged "This is a small town."

He scrolled through her phone, noting all her music. There was nothing he could skate to. Matthew missed his own music, his past programs, and his inspiration. Partizan Hope, Moonlight Sonata. He loved rerunning the hits of the great, Patrick Chan's Journey and Yuuri Katsuki's Yuri on Ice sprang to mind, although he wouldn't dare use them for his music.

He needed his own songs, and after he'd finally decided on Blackbird by the Beetles and the Finale from Swan Lake for his music.

His finger stopped on the song he'd liked while he went on a run. Maybe he could use it for his exhibition.

He set the phone down on the boards and the rock music blared through.

He tried different steps and ways to move to the music, but he had no experience with such fast paced and erratic music.

"You know... this really isn't your style" Helena commented as he stood there panting.

"That's why I need it"

Me: Chillax, I don't get paid. And I suppose that I would Skype if I could, but he's....touchy. How can I even begin to get on his soft side?

It was a rhetorical question. She didn't believe this individual had one, but they didn't know that.

"Win!"

"I know! Give me a second to brace myself." Winfred twirled the phone's ornament in her fingers. "Okay, I'm going."

Carter made a sour face when she opened the glass doors to Frido's Ice and Dice. Instantly, their noses were assailed by the stench of grease, unattended old skates, and stinky yet harmless mold from the air. As always, it was packed to the brim with individuals. From kids to grown-ups, they lined the tables that overlooked the rink smacked right in the middle of the place.

An incredibly unenthusiastic teen approached them, wearing a red and yellow uniform that matched the pussy zits on his face. "Welcome to Frido's Ice and Dice...will it be ice or dice?"

"Ice. We have our own skates." Carter said politely.

The teen sighed, as if they were testing his intelligence. "I can see that...that'll be 10 bucks each, you can clock out at the register."

Win and Carter gave each other a look.

At least Ramona by Beck was playing, which was her favorite song on her phone. The tune fit her mood, despite being a love song. It didn't matter much though, once she got into the rink that constantly had the Zamboni running even though the ice was smooth enough, she couldn't hear anything.

In order to shelter her ears from the Zamboni, Winfred fled to the safety of the blue phone.

The rink was sectioned off. An area for children and an area for adults was made, but neither side was occupied at this hour. Most people waited until December to come, and the crowd today was there for DnD play offs. Whatever those were.

"Weird, Helena isn't in today?" Carter observed.

Well, at least one thing was good. Winfred thought.
------------------------

Helena's gentle face flashed concern, and she set her rose-gold iPhone down, "Do you plan on becoming something different than you are? Or were?"

But soon she smiled kindly, her eyes twinkling with new-found curiosity. "I'm always willing to help you."

Her chin rested on her hands, and then she tilted her face. Parts of her long hair fell in between her cheek and chin, a beautiful look that only girls like her could manage.

Last edited:
Alex: Try making him pancakes with Maple Syrup! Got addicted to the stuff here and I can see why. Or buy him a polar bear stuffed animal! He loves cute stuff. Although I suppose he's already got too many from his fans....
Claire: That man has a side that isn't soft? He'd spend his whole life being a doormat if I'd let him. He gets pissy if you interrupt him in one of his moments though, but don't we all?
Alex: Only skaters do that dude.
Claire: You can't tell me that if you were in the middle of a great play and someone interrupted you, you wouldn't.
Alex: Nah I'd just try again.
Claire: A triple axel isn't just something you can just try again >_< Although I think i've nailed that by now. Going to try the quad toe next. Tell Matthew I'm about to catch up! Oh BTW Win, do you skate? You don't seem the type. Are you his classmate?

--

Matthew seemed totally oblivious to her advances.

"I... I don't know" He admitted. Granted his music this year didn't signify any drastic change. "College is about new beginnings right?"

He looked at her curiously. "Don't you have class today?"

All of his classes were on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Funny, Win supposed as she examined the message. So his behavior was unique to her, and that, she could understand. Taking their earlier interactions into consideration, Winfred doubted some pancakes and stuffed animals would sway him to her favor, but she'd be daft if she didn't try one of these days.

As the Zamboni roared, and her skates hummed from the vibrations, Winny decided it was about time to get started. As always, her opponent was the only girl who had the guts to try and take her down whenever her concentration reached a point where it could be considered unbreakable. Carter wasn't as big as her, or tall, but she was tough enough to take a beating.

The two of them stared each other down.

And then, the puck went flying on to the rink.

For the time being, they were rival gladiators. Neither had any qualms about smashing into each other, stealing each others goals, nor taking the puck from under each other's noses. Carter abhorred when people went easy on her, but Winfred was a beast barreling for her. Sticks would cross, the puck would remain within the confines of the rink, and the girls would collide against one another without a care.

Winny grinned at the music playing from Matthew's phone. Peculiar taste, she thought, but it gave her a wild concentration boost. Pianos replaced the drums that usually blasted in her head, and as she built a slow and steady pace around Carter, she was able to focus well enough to --

She used her momentum to turn her back, Carter aiming for her puck just behind her. The disk passed between her best friend's legs, and before Carter knew it, Winny had escaped from her block.

Sweat beaded their foreheads, Carter and Win grinned. Carter stretched out her arms. "Give me five."

Winfred skid to a stop, safely retrieving the blue and white phone from her pocket.

Me: Thanks for the tips, and I'm just a hockey player. :P

------------------------------------------

Tumbleweeds figuratively floated over Helena's mind, but her mood went undeterred. It was rare when her mood would drop. She was a naturally vivacious person, and it took tragedies to bring her mood down.

"It is!" She agreed. "If that's what you need, Winona is the place for it."

When Matthew asked her if she had school today, she shook her head. "I usually work at Frido's at this hour, which is the other rink in town, but I quit a week ago because management was terrible. My classes are mostly online, or in Weekend afternoons, if you ever want to hang and don't know when to find me."

She clicked on her phone, checking on something. "OK, I have a good hour before I'm fashionably late to Elliot and Rhydian's party. Are you going to keep practicing, or would you like to get some drinks?"

Alex: =O Thank goodness! Another hockey player! It's weird when your twin brother and girlfriend talk all day about sequins, latex and sensual dancing >_<
Claire: You gotta admit I look sexy in those dresses =P
Alex: Yes you do.
Claire: You train at the same rink as Matthew then?

--

"Huh. Guess there are no skating clubs to join in the first place." He muttered. "What kind of rink can have horrible management? There's not much to do, is there?"

Helena cringed. "Its.... more of a Chuck E Cheese type of thing." She admitted. "The rink is always wet and its basically free skate 24/7"

"That sounds horrible, I wouldn't want to go there" Matthew muttered. He looked at his watch "It's this time already?"

Helena nodded

"Drinks sound lovely," He said.

As they drove, Helena couldn't suppress her curiosity anymore

"So what's it like, working with Claire Wu?"

Matthew faltered for a few minutes. "It's... an experience." He admitted. "She pushes herself, and other people. I'd be nowhere the level I'm at today without her. But at the same time, it's often my way or the highway. But it works doesn't it?"

Helena nodded. "And what about Yuuri and Victor Nikiforov?"

"Oh crap! I'm supposed to skype them today." He covered his face with his "Sorry Helena, I guess I can't do drinks."

Helena looked visibly disappointed. Her shoulders dropped and her expression turned. Matthew couldn't stand her pouting like that.

"How about I make it up to you? How would you like to meet them?"

Helena instantly perked up and nodded enthusiastically.

Win looked around her. The rink was a good 12 feet below the area where the Dungeons and Dragons play off was taking place, but she could still imagine the littered floor and messy tables.

She scoffed.

Me: I'm glad too. As for sharing, let's just say we have an impending arrangement.

Winfred put the phone back in her pocket, and then went back to practicing.

They didn't stay for too long. Her head was aching from the Zamboni noise and she didn't think she could stick around much longer.

"Hey, I'm going to get ready for Rhydian's party and then you can pick me up."

Blue eyes fixated on green eyes.

"Um...what?" Win asked.

"Are you going to tell Elliot, by the way?"

Winny stopped moving. "I...I think I might."

They parted their separate ways once they returned to Winona State.

It was time to get ready for the party, if she wanted to be there early that is.

Win's pulse began to race.

------------

Helena Shen was currently somewhere between heaven and earth. He soul was refusing to stay in her body.

"When exactly!?"

She thought back to the promise she'd made Elliot, but she was wholeheartedly more interested in this.

"I mean...that would be cool." She tried for a nonchalance that she wasn't succeeding at.

Last edited:
Alex: What position do you play? I'm forward-left. But I don't get to see much game time =(

---

"Now," Matthew said, he directed her to pull into the parking lot of his apartment complex "In return..." He thought for a minute. He liked having her around and she seemed nice. He needed to practice his quads and he couldn't do that alone.
"How about you come and help me practice. Watch over me while I do quads and take videos sometimes. Maybe you can even meet them in person one day."

"Really!"

"I mean... only if you want to.' Matthew backpedaled. "And you don't have to come every day."

"I'd love that!" She shrieked. "I'm going to be Matthew Anderson's assistant" She beamed at him.

"Great that's settled then."

He unlocked his front door and led her into the apartment, still devoid of furniture.

He opened skype and was relieved to see Victor was logged on.

"Maaatttttthhhheeewwww" Victor whined, glaring at him once he picked up. "Why didn't you call us earlier?"

"Yeah... sorry about that? I lost my phone." Matthew said. "But um... I'm here now."

A sigh emitted from his speakers the video feed shifted so that it showed his other coach. "Well... next time try not to lose it" Yuuri grumbled "We were really worried. Who's this?"

"Ah, this is Helena. She's a fan"

Helena excitedly, moving in closer to Matthew, who shifted uncomfortably. "It's an honour to meet you! You're simply amazing! I loved your rendition of Stammi Vicino"

"She's kind of like my rinkmate now. She has agreed to watch over me while I do quads and help take videos."

"That's great!" Victor said but Yuuri looked more skeptical.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? A fan?"

Matthew nodded. "She's a friend."

"Alright then. I'll send over an NDA for her to sign."

"NDA?" Helena hesitated.

"Basically don't talk about what I'm working on in secret," Matthew explained.

Helena nodded.

"But since she hasn't signed it yet, she can't be part of this discussion." Yuuri pointed out.

"Oh.... I guess" Helena gloomily left the room while Victor took over and spent a while discussing his routines with Matthew. Finally, they were finished and Matthew came out the door.

"Let's go to the party." He told her.

Winfred was fully scowling at herself in the mirror when a text came through.

Simple yet lively clothing to Carter translated into a tight shirt and jeans with heels. She'd be dead first before she tried to go out with that.

Instead, she undressed. "Urk!" She cried when the end of her heel nicked her side.

Me
: Maple Leafs, right? That's awesome even if you don't get to play much. I'm a Centerman for my uni. I alternate between that and D-man. Or woman. You get me.

Irritated, she tossed her clothes to Fanny's west coast side of the bedroom.

"Maybe..." She thought outloud.

A couple of seconds of rustling in the closet, and then "Aha!"

It's not that Winfred couldn't be the correct female version of her name "Winnifred" when she wanted to. It's just that she had to be smart about it, and be unique about it to.

Her brother's old oxford suit, which he neglected to take out of the dorm that once belonged to him, minus the tie and loafers, fit her as one would expect.

Her breasts were large by nature, but the bulky shirts she usually wore hid that. Now, she revealed as much cleavage as her brother would probably allow. She also smoothed her hair back on either side, and congregated the ends in a bun behind her head.

"What do you think, Mr. Polar?"

Of course, Matthew's ornament didn't respond, but one could imagine it would be very pleased.

------------

Helena rocked on the ends of her shoes when Matthew came out. She was still a little starstruck from their meeting, even with her getting kicked out and all.

"I'm so excited! When should I expect the NDA?"

Then she heard his words.

"Oh my gosh the party, let's go!"

Even with the urgent desire to get to 4567 Yeridoa, Helena still took the time to catalogue his room number.

Yes, she was this kind of fangirl.

Upon arriving, one could tell that the setting sun had started the party, and now, the dark evening called forth an army of party-goers. It was packed to the brim with vehicles, and there was very loud music.

Helena didn't care. She had Matthew Anderson as her plus one, and that's all she could ask for.

Last edited:
Alex: That's right ^^ Alex Anderson at your service.

--

"It'll definitely arrive by the time I skate tomorrow," Matthew said. "Yuuri's good with paperwork, which is great because Victor's a bit of a flake when it comes to that"

"I would never have guessed" She muttered. "You're going to wear that? To the party?"

Matthew had changed out of his training clothes and into a red sweater, jeans, and sneakers. "Huh? Why not?"

"You can't go wearing that." She said. "Wear something a bit more... less casual. Don't you have that suit you wore during the GQ interview?"

Matthew thought Helena looked casual in her black leggings, blue dress, and white cardigan but he thought about it. A sweater

"No," he admitted "Set to arrive next month"

"Or... wear your team USA jacket!" she said excitedly. "It gives you major props."

"Are you sure it isn't a bit tackey?" Matthew said. He hated drawing attention to himself.

"Or something else, let me take a look in your closet. Your jeans are fine but you definitely need another top and shoes"

"Alright..." Matthew said.

In the end, they did go with the Olympic jacket, much to Matthew's chagrin. Helena convinced him he'd fit in with the other jocks and nobody would notice. She even let him keep the sneakers.

Helena excitedly led him right into the center of the party and took two cups of punch in red solo cups. She gave one to Matthew and kept one for herself.

"Hello Helena, who's this?"

Last edited:
As most people who develop a kinship with others, Carter Bentley felt a sense of protectiveness for her closest friends. Winny was no exception to her emotions, and so when Carter found out about Winny's crush on Elliot Vallis, an individual who her boyfriend often warned her to stay away from, she instantly told Rhydian.

Rhydian Tamford sighed as his baby sister entered through the property's back. Of course, only she could manage to look more like a woman while wearing a man's suit. He frowned at her pretty appearance; she had really done well this time.

That was not good thing.

"Sorry Winny, I'm going to have to ruin your big date." He muttered to himself, remembering his father's warning, and then disappeared inside the kitchen.

-------------------------

Fanny Kalipski could spot an opportunity from a mile away. Now that she was broken up with her boyfriend, who turned out not to be from Nevada - and therefor no where near California, her opportunity receptors were on high alert. She scavenged the whole night for something to fascinate her, and just when she thought her night couldn't reach a climax, she saw him.

Blonde, handsome, and new.

As far as looks went, Helena's could exceed hers in Asian cuteness, but Fanny was what a certain female hockey player liked to call " American Pageant queen." and "a bitch" but the second one was reserved for special occasions.

Helena blinked at Fanny's arrival, momentarily distracted by the sultry look on her face, but then she gestured at Matthew. "This is Matthew Ander--"

"Matthew Anderson!"

Helena and Fanny jumped. Baily Wittinger stood before them, with a group of female athletes behind her. "I can't believe this guys!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back