• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ( Phoenix and Rose )

PhoenixMire

ᛚᚨᚦᚢ:ᚹᛁᛞᚢᛉ:ᛖᚱᚦᛟ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Clouds drifted through the bright, midday sky high above. The chestnut horse whinnied as it neared the wooden archway, slowing its gait slightly. Its rider hardly gave a glance to the mossy cliff walls surrounding him to the left and right; he'd been along this path many times before and was accustomed to it, but it had been a long time since his companion had been here. In fact, it had probably been more than a hundred years.

Link glanced over his shoulder. Behind him, Zelda sat astride her own horse. It had not been very long since they had defeated Ganon, and although it was nice to be free of that threat, Hyrule was still in ruins. It would take quite a long time to restore it to anything near its former glory. Perhaps even lifetimes.

He turned his attention back to the archway in front of him as his horse passed beneath it. Kakariko Village spread out below him. It was a small village, populated by only a few buildings, but it was a comfortable place that had thrived in spite of the apocalypse. A cool breeze rustled Link's golden hair. He guided his horse across a bridge and down the sloping pathway that led to Impa's home. It would be the first time Zelda would see Impa in a hundred years.

Zelda, on a horse link had given her to ride this way, was astonished to see Kakariko in such good shape! It hadn't really changed from the hundred years she'd been trapped. She was absolutely ecstatic to wander the village, see Impa, among many other things. Her eyes teared up as she was so overwhelmed with joy!
"Link!", she shouted in excitement. "Link! It looks just like it did 100 years ago! It looks even better!"

After they passed the gate, Zelda found a good place for the two of them to leave their horses, and dismounted. She quickly shot her head around, looking at some of the new and old buildings. "Alright Zelda, before we can look around, we need to see Impa!", She thought, looking towards Impa's larger, more impressive-looking home. "I haven't seen Impa in so long... I'm anxious to see her again."

Her excitement surprised him a little - Link was so accustomed to this place that he took it for granted, not to mention he was feeling somewhat tired. He smiled a bit as he tied his horse to a tether. "I bet Impa will be happy to see you too. You know... we haven't even sent a messenger in advance to warn her of our arrival. She'll probably be really surprised."

He found himself grinning as he imagined Impa's shocked expression when she saw the princess. Link patted his horse's white-striped nose and began the walk down the hill toward Impa's house.

It was an impressive structure - a long wooden stairway led up the building, its swooping roof backed by waterfalls. A single Sheikah guard stood before the stairway, looking at the princess with a bit of skepticism - it was clear he didn't recognize her. Of course, not many people would recognize the princess, since she'd been trapped in the castle for a century. But the guard said nothing. He knew Link, and was probably certain that the hero wouldn't bring someone sketchy into Kakariko. The guard gave Link a nod.

"Ladies first," Link said, stepping aside to let Zelda walk up the stairs before him.

Zelda smiled at Link's rather kind gesture, and made her way slowly up the steps.
"I'm sure Impa would be rather happy to see me alive and well, and i'm sure she had seen our dealing with Calamity Ganon. I'm still recovering from it all.", she stated, as she approached the door of Impa's impressive home. She gave a knock, before gently pushing the door open. IMpa's eyes grew wide at the sight of the golden haired woman. Though, she didn't move from her spot.

"Oh, come in, my dear Zelda, come in!", Impa chuckled in elderly voice. Zelda gladly accepted her invitation, taking in the somewhat breathtaking view of the inside of the home. It had been years since she had seen it, the lanterns, the various sheikah relics scattered about, shelves lined with all sorts of books, among many other things. The entire building felt so homely. It felt relieving to Zelda, seeing Impa still well.

"Impa! It's a century since I've seen you, have you been well?", Zelda asked the old woman. With a gleeful smile, she replied. "Oh yes, i have been quite alright. Link has thankfully been rather helpful. Even if he may not remember me, the boy still has that same courageous heart and charisma we'd known him for.", She let out another chuckle, turning her head to look at Link.
"So, i see the Calamity Ganon is well and done for. Thank you so much, Link."

Link nodded idly. It would be difficult not to notice their battle with Calamity Ganon. The beast had been massive, and the battle loud. “I’m still recovering from everything,” he said with a long sigh, recalling his long journey all across Hyrule. All of that, coupled with their fairly recent battle, left Link wanting some rest.

Impa’s reaction to seeing the princess made Link smile a bit. It was nice to be reunited with old friends, he supposed. It was sad he couldn’t remember Impa too clearly. He had regained some of his memories of the past, but the thick cloud of amnesia shrouding his mind was still present for the most part. He could only remember his life a hundred years ago in small snippets.

Impa thanked him for defeating Ganon, and Link shrugged, a small grin on his face. “What can I say? It was easy,” he lied.

"Oh... quite proud of ourselves, aren't we?", Impa laughed at Link's remark towards Calamity Ganon.
"Link and i both are exhausted in our own ways, from our battle. I'm unsure of Link's plans now, but i felt it was right to visit you Impa, if only to let you know of the news.", Zelda spoke, under much more composure than before.
"it has been so long since I've seen Hyrule, and it's all in shambles. Just rubble and dust everywhere. I hope we can find some way to restore Hyrule." Thinking about it after saying it, Zelda looked towards the ground with her hand over her heart. Her expression became more concerned. She wondered if they could ever restore Hyrule to any of it's former glory. The Sheikah technology still ran rampant through the fields due to Ganon's lingering magic. The blood moon has hence ceased, but monster still roamed the land in droves. Would just the two of them really be able to take care of Hyrule now? Is it worth saving?

The questions upset Zelda, very visibly by her uncomfortable glances around the room as she thought about it.
Impa seemed to catch on to Zelda's worry, and spoke. "My hope is Hyrule will be as it once was. I believe with a little help, you two will definitely bring it back to how it used. Perhaps, Hyrule can be even stronger with you two at the helm. Though, perhaps you two would need help.", Impa paused for a moment, and pulled a small letter from nearby. "I have been in contact with the sheikah technology creators through Hyrule. They have apparently discovered something that may aid you two. The two sheikah technicians would like to see the both of you, posthaste. Though, i don't mind if you both take a bit of time to spend with this old woman.", She smiled.

"Though, i do understand if you'd like to go. Hyrule must mean a lot to you both, even if you do not remember much of it, Link"
Zelda looked towards link, expecting him to make a response. She saw him as kind of her leader for the time being. Although that was quite the role reversal, he was more familiar with these ruined lands of her home.

Link stood listening as Zelda and Impa conversed. He didn't feel the need to butt in, especially because it had been so long since Zelda had spoken to Impa. He idly studied the walls as they spoke for a short moment.

When Impa mentioned bringing Hyrule back to its former glory, Link returned his gaze to the old woman, frowning thoughtfully. Would that even be possible? Maybe after multiple lifetimes. His memories of a century ago were still foggy, but even he could remember that things had been a lot different and more prosperous back then.

"I'm ready to leave whenever," Link said. "It'll take a long time to repair Hyrule. Who knows how long. I feel like it'd be best to deal with our monster problem first - I mean, how hard will it be to rebuild a whole kingdom with a bunch of annoying bokoblins nipping at our feet the whole time?

"Maybe we can focus on that for now and worry about other things later." He shared a glance with Zelda, wondering what her thoughts were.

Zelda was conflicted to say the least. She wanted to spend time with Impa, but they had plenty of work to do ahead of them. Not only that, but if Zelda had messed up so badly the first time, she felt like she might yet again... Her power was also dwindling. After using the majority of what she had on removing the calamity, she had no idea if she could even be of any use! How could she get back her power? Could she get back her power? These questions ran through her mind, but the doubts didn't change the fact she still had a mission as the princess of this once prosperous kingdom.

Zelda faced link, her expression changing from worried to confident. "I feel if we dawdle, we may never see Hyrule restored. We have plenty of time to spend with Impa later.", Confirming her desires to leave soon."I'm very sorry our first meeting in over a century must be so short, Impa..."
The old woman gave a smile. "You needn't worry princess. I'm certain your father would be proud to see you standing for Hyrule before your personal concerns. After all, you have no reason to worry over this olk Sheikah woman. I've been well for over a century, haven't I? What's a few more years to someone like me?", Impa definitely seemed very happy about Zelda, and how she'd grown in her absence.

Zelda gave the woman a soft smile, and looked back to Link. "I'm unsure of the locations of the sheikah labs, I'm unsure if they even existed before i was gone... So, where should we go, link?"

Link smiled when the princess turned to him with a confident expression. "Don't worry, we'll be done dealing with the monsters in no time," he assured her, his tone holding just a slight bit of cockiness.

When she asked him about the Sheikah labs, he shifted his weight a bit, eyes drifting off to the side in thought. "Depends on where you want to go first. Hateno's much closer to here than Akkala... as you know. So let's head there. I think Purah might be excited to see you, princess."

He was about to turn and leave without another word, but realized he should bid farewell to Impa. So he bowed his head to her, said "goodbye", then headed straight out the door. It had been a shorter visit than he'd expected.

"I feel rather bad we had to leave Impa so soon, but she seemed to be rather understanding of the job we have ahead of us.", she let out a small sigh, and mounted her horse. "I do think it would be smart to visit the Hateno lab first, and i would believe Purah would want to see me... but wouldn't she have been too old by this point?" Zelda was rather interested in seeing what was going on at the Hateno lab. She also remembered Purah as a rather crazy scientist, so perhaps Purah found some way to persist past her old age? Whatever that might have been, it was likely to give her a surprise.
"So Link, are there still other villages around? I'm very worried they are all gone."

“Purah’s not too old,” Link assured her as he walked down the stairs away from Impa’s home. “You’ll see.”

He mounted his horse, reaching out a hand to pat its neck. The animal nickered contentedly. “There are plenty of villages around,” he told the princess. “Hateno was almost untouched by The Calamity. Obviously Kakariko here is doing well. The Gorons, Zoras, Rito, and Gerudo all have their own villages. There’s a tiny fishing village by the sea - Lurelin. And while you were still stuck in Hyrule Castle, a new place was built, called Tarrey Town.” He smiled. “The people of Hyrule are doing okay.”

Still... for such a large kingdom, all the settlements he’d listed seemed tiny in comparison. He recalled all the countless ruins he’d stumbled across in his journeys across Hyrule. He wondered how devastated the princess would be to see all the many ruined villages and homes. Frowning, he tried to ignore the thought, and lightly tapped his horse’s side with his feet, spurring the animal into a walk.

"I'm glad to know there are still some living happily, even with the Calamity having only just been removed...", Zelda replied, a soft smile formed on her face as she thought about it. Seeing all the people of Hyrule again, rejoicing to see the kingdom rebuilt. Rejoicing to see the calamity had been eradicated from the world. It eased her worries and pain a little to think about it. For every ruined village of Hyrule, there would be another family happy to see the world was safe.
As the two trotted along the path, Zelda kept focus on what they woudl do to rebuild Hyrule.

"How could we even hope to rebuild Hyrule? Perhaps we would have to use the shiekah Ttechnology. Thoguh, most of it is destroyed. It would take jsut as long to build the machines as rebuilding the kingdom itself with just our people, would it not?", Zelda questioned in her head. It most certainly would take a great deal of time if they couldn;t find anything to ease the overall workload.

"Link, do you think we would need to seek help to rebuild? I'm unsure if Hyrule really has the power to rebuild itself in a timely manner...", Zelda asked him. Before he could really respond, Zelda heard the grunts of Bokoblins nearby. She gently lead her horse to a stop and listened, to see if they were moving towards their direction or not.

Link frowned in thought when Zelda asked about rebuilding Hyrule. "Who else can we ask for help from, other than our own citizens? I don't know of anyone else. Hyrule's a bit hard to enter, or to leave, if you haven't noticed." He sighed and leaned forward a bit on his horse. "But I'm sure with the help of our own people, we'll be fine."

The grunts of bokoblins nearby reached his keen ears at the same time Zelda noticed the sound. Furrowing his brow, he pulled his horse to a stop beside hers, and slightly cocked his head as he listened.

"Bokoblins aren't very smart," Link whispered to the princess. "I'm sure we can pass by them without them ever noticing. And if they do notice us, don't worry, I'll protect you." He grinned - somewhat cockily - and spurred his horse to a walk again. He didn't dare go any faster yet, since he didn't want to attract the attention of the monsters. He couldn't see them yet - tall, grassy cliff walls surrounded him and the princess on either side, and he assumed the bokoblins were just around a bend, their camp nestled behind some of the cliffs. Link and Zelda probably wouldn't be noticed if they were careful, or so he hoped.

Zelda knew that Link had a point. Hyrule was extremely difficult to go into or out of. However, that didn't stop her from believing it was possible. By some means, it had to be. Zelda noted his cocky remark, and it caught her off. She actually felt a little offended about it, the notion of her needing to be protected. Had it not been for her, neither of them, would be here. "i don't need your protecting, Link. My magic may not be as strong now, but i promise you it can handle a few Bokoblins!", she caught herself about to yell, and softened her voice, before spurring her horse to a slow trot.

Despite the desire to show herself capable of defending herself, she would rather avoid conflict so early on, especially when there were much harder to avoid camps set up along the roads and in the trees. Even with the calamity gone, Stalfos still rose from the ground as well, as the influence of dark magic was still strong in the land. She kept herself quiet as they turned around the bend, catching a glimpse of some of the Bokoblins sitting around a fire, meat from whatever game they'd just killed was hanging on a stick above an open campfire. They seemed to be dancing and celebrating. It wouldn't be hard to sneak by them, as long as they weren't heard.

Link had to resist the urge to roll his eyes when Zelda got upset at him. "Isn't my whole point here to protect you? Come on, princess." She was being a little too sensitive - in his opinion, anyway.

The bokoblins were just far enough away and just distracted enough that sneaking by them wouldn't be a problem. Link spurred his horse past them, and the monsters didn't seem to take any notice. He passed them by without incident.

Someday he'd defeat all the remaining monsters in Hyrule. He'd make the land safe to build on and live in. He hesitated, realizing he was automatically thinking about doing it all alone - he wasn't accustomed to traveling with Princess Zelda. He'd been alone for so long after waking from his long slumber and setting off to save Hyrule.

He sighed a little. Traveling with the princess might take some getting used to.

Zelda saw that he had a point, and realized maybe she'd let the new attitude of Link's get under her skin a bit too much. he wasn't the same as she was used to, and she would have to accept that. The once stoic and quiet hero made plenty of smart remarks where he could, and maybe that was simply is way of hiding his hardships. She honestly could speculate it all day, but it wouldn't do her any good. Instead, she just focused herself on following Link to Hateno, hoping the tech lab had something of use to them.

once she felt they were at a safe distance from the Bokoblins, Zelda spoke. "I'm sorry Link, you do have a point. You are supposed to protect me...", she started. "Just don't go hurting yourself again like last time. I'm sure you won't, but don't get yourself hurt. I'm here to help you as well."
She worried about Link. He fought so hard all the time, and it especially concerned her when he was on death's doorstep 100 years ago. Zelda didn't want to have to go through all that again.

He'd bothered her, for whatever reason. He could sense that much. Was he being insensitive? He didn't know. He didn't know much about himself in general. It was a very strange feeling to wake up after a century of slumber without a single memory in his head. And throughout his adventure to save the ruined Hyrule from Ganon, he hadn't remembered too much else. There were fragments, here and there - he remembered snippets of the princess, and the champions, and some little things about life before the Calamity. He remembered that he, himself, had been a bit different in the past - more stoic and quiet. But why? What had made him act that way? He honestly couldn't recall.

Link smiled a little at Zelda's words. "Thanks for worrying, princess. I'll be fine. We can help each other."

They continued on, their horses plodding down a hill until they reached a ruined bridge. Once they crossed the bridge, the path forked. "You still remember how to get to Hateno, right? To the left." Casting a sideways glance at the princess, he guided his horse down the path toward Hateno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back