• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phoenix Academy: School for future heros! (IC closed)

Oliver

He helped her up, a bit of warmth rushing through his face at what she had said. "No." He blurted out. "I swear I hadn't been looking. The door, and my er, my hands were full." He gestured to his bags which now lay mangled on the ground. He silently prayed nothing had been damaged, but nothing he had was too fragile so that was an upside.

It took him a moment to notice that she had been with another girl. This one with wavy brown hair that was tied near the top with a bow, and sky-blue eyes gazing at him confused through rounded spectacles. Now he felt even more embarrassed and then he thought of something. "Oh shit!" He backed up until his back hit the wall to the building he had left. Had they touched? Like skin? His mind was racing quicker than he could imagine. He no longer cared that he had made a fool of himself bumping into her, that may not be the issue. He looked at his hands, which were obviously still covered by his biking gloves. He then proceeded to frisk his whole body, as though feeling for something that was out of place about him. "Did I- did you- oh shit." He had to calm down. Nothing had happened, he hadn't made contact in that way, in fact, he only bumped into her two times, and both were made by his elbow, which his jacket kept hidden.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Reign was about to scold the boy for not paying attention, but it seemed like Raven took care of that herself. It also seemed like Raven was fine, so there wasn't any real reason to go off on him. It's not like she was the one he knocked down to the ground, even if he had slightly nudged her. When she heard about the bags she looked around, realizing that there were things scattered across the ground. Naturally, Reign leaned down to pick up the closest bag, but then she heard the boy shout. "Oh shit!" She quickly dropped the bag, startled, and looked up, only to see the boy frantically backing away, presumably from her and Raven. It was... a very silly sight, to see him practically running backwards with that expression. It only worsened when he stuttered out what seemed to be the makings of a question, and Reign couldn't hold it in anymore. "Pfft~! What, are two girls that scary? We're not going to bite you. I think..." Reign started laughing at the ridiculous boy, picking the bag up again. The large black duffel bag on her back made bending over look awkward, but she didn't seem to feel the weight.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Wick Wick

Raven watched, her face filled with confusion. She blinked, unsure what to think of the boy's strange behavior she took a big step back away from him. "Are you... okay?" Raven asked, raising an eyebrow and tilting her head to the side a bit. Raven thought the weird stuff she'd see at this school would be the powers... not the people. "What did I do?" She shot a confused look in Reign's direction before bending over to pick up another one of his bags. "Here's your stuff back" holding it out to him Raven was holding the bag as if it was radioactive.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Wick Wick

John was satisfied when his punch landed but he held back a bit because it was just a friendly battle. Seeing his opponent's breathing become heavy he knew the fight was almost over "Looks like you're getting tired." Then all of a sudden, he saw not two but three lines racing towards him. Thinking fast he managed to dodge the first one. His scales tanked the second one but the third hit him knocking him back. "Nice shot but that was a softer hit. Are you that tired or are you going easy on me? Eh, doesn't matter because I'm just getting started!" It was like his wings went into overdrive. He flew faster than before. "Time to end this!" He spun in the air winding up a kick.
Chachalotte Chachalotte

The kick from the air made Thompson felled on the ground as his back was greatly hurt from kick that projected his whole body right on the ground. His opponent was somehow getting even more faster then before, which was even more harder to even predict what was coming. He slowly got up, sputtering from the drawbacks. "That's enough..." Gasping from breath, he sighed after taking back what he needed to stay conscious. "Well at least i did last longer and better than before. This guy definitely know what he is doing" He thought with a smirked before looking back at John. Trying out moves like he did may had surprised his friendly opponent but it wasn't enough to hold off against this skilled person. This clearly shown that he had still a lot of training to do. "Thank you a lot." He said bowing down at him before taking back his casually stance. "That's the first time i saw someone using his own body as a defense. That's actually pretty cool and smart."

AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

After landing his kick, he felt bad. He knew that one hurt is opponent and it was a friendly battle. "Sorry, I may have gotten carried away there. Sometimes I get too excited and I just go at it. You did good though. You were a worthy opponent. I never did catch your name though. You didn't tell me." When is wings disappeared, he fell to one knee. "Whew I used a lot more energy than I thought. I need to rest a bit".
Chachalotte Chachalotte

Thompson Wright

He fazed for a second before answering him. "Oh yes i totally forgot about this. My name is Thompson."
He shook his head with a cheerful smile. "You don't have to excuse yourself. I wasn't injured that badly." After checking his watch, the time seems to be near dinner. He clapped his hand together. "You know what? I'm kind of exhaust too. We should go eat if you don't mind, i'm kind of curious and if i can talk with you, that would be awesome. I'm sure there is a canteen there." He then thought about something with his fingers placed on his cheek before looking back at him. "Do you have anybody in mind who would want to join us ? " He thought about the girl he met before but wasn't sure if he should asked her to come. She was looking shy so maybe inviting her wouldn't be a wise idea with a newcomer.

"Thompson aye. Sounds nice. I could eat a horse right about now." He thought about his question inviting people. "Uh sure. I met a beautiful lady who happens to be my roommate as well. I'll go talk to her and see what she says. Plus I need a shower, you made me sweat. Here's my number. Shoot me a text in like 20 minutes.". With that, he rushed off into his dorm.
(Pretty sure we're after the same woman XD were about to become rivals here).
Chachalotte Chachalotte
About to be talking to merveille merveille

Oliver

Everything went fuzzy for a moment, and when Oliver came to, the girl he had bumped into was holding out his one of his bags to him with an expression that told him she thought he looked ridiculous after freaking out. He must have frozen in fear or something because he couldn't recall her picking it up. His face felt warm with embarrassment yet again and he reached out and grabbed the handle to his bag, careful not to touch her hand, despite the fact that he was wearing gloves. "Thanks." He said simply, trying not to make a fool of himself anymore than he already had. He leaned down and lifted his other bag up. Should he run? He could practically hear his mind screaming at him to at least do something, anything.

"Is uh, is that for drawing, painting, what?" He asked, pointing at the rolls of paper that were sticking out of the bag the other girl was holding.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

(been quit so I'll just post XD)
After John gave his new friend his number, he ventured off through the halls. Making his way to the stairs he began walking up. Passing some people he muttered a simple hey and kept going. He looked up and saw 103. He used his key and opened the door to see his roommate doing....
(What are you doing? XD)
merveille merveille

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse was laying at an upright angle on the bed, reading quietly before her head quickly turned to the door. She saw John enter and watched him for a few moments before going back to reading. "You've been gone for quite a while. Where were you?" she asked, her voice tinged with curiosity although she didn't look up.

Interacting with: John ( AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot )

"Well, during my dancing I saw a guy yelling out the window. Being the curious guy I am, I went to talk to him. Turns out he wanted to fight so we went to the training grounds and had a friendly battle." John took his shirt off and tossed it into a basket. "Anyways, I'm going to hop on the shower then get some food. Wanna come with my treat?" He said as he grabbed a towel and closed the bathroom door.
(Just going to assume we have some dope ass dorm rooms with bathrooms in them because John is lazy.)
Mentioned Chachalotte Chachalotte
Interacting with merveille merveille

Thompson Wright

After that John leaved the training ground, Thompson opened up his phone and put the number on his contacts list. After walking around while following up the plan of the school, it was in no time that he reached what was looking like the fabulous canteen. He laid down against a wall, texting a message before yawning. He glanced around, thinking.

John
them
Hey, it's Thompson.
them
I sent you the location of the canteen. I'm waiting ya ;) !

John rolled out of the bathroom, steam escaping the room. "Ah that feels better" he walked over to the dresser and threw on a Spider-Man t shirt, khakis and some dark blue vans. Picked up a hat and threw it on backwards. He checked his phone and saw the directions. He looked over towards his roommate. "So, care to join me in some fine dining that this school has to offer?" He held out his elbow like in the old days. He sent a quick text back to Thompson, "I'm just about to leave, trying to get my friend to follow".
(Not sure how the hell you did that Chachalotte Chachalotte )
Interacting with merveille merveille

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse nodded and said "mmhmm" although she was genuinely confused. There was a guy yelling outside their window? That sounded kinda creepy. And what friendly battle, exactly? She looked out the window and realized it was getting dark quickly. She watched as he went to take a shower and get dressed and emerged wearing an extremely casual outfit. Saoirse shrugged at his offer. "Alright, I'll go with you," she stood up, straightening her dress and holding his elbow in a polite fashion.

Interacting with: John ( AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot )

(Sorry for replying late! I was out for a while!)

"Great, let's go then. I'll explain the friendly battle when we sit down" he began following the directions to the food court. He shot a quick text to Thompson saying he was on his way. "I hope this place has some good food, I'm starving!".
(No worries, I've been at work most of the day)
merveille merveille

Raven adjusted the strap of her bag as the stranger brought it up. At this point, his strange behavior was just a constant, oh well. Raven was never one to judge, everyone has their quirks. "Drawing, yeah. It's a hobby and has alot to do with my power." She explained, briefly glancing to Reign. "Anyway. I'm Raven... nice to meet you?" Judging by her tone, she questioned it herself. You know, considering he just knocked her over and acted a little... off.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Wick Wick

Thompson Wright

After almost falling asleep after the exhaustion from before, his sight became awaken once a message tingled him from the phone as he read it. Soon after, he saw John with the surprise of Saoirse near him. He waved his arm before approaching them with a shrug, assuming that she was the girl he was talking about before. "So, your both roommates... What an intriguing combination." He glanced at her nodding politely. "Hello again." He looked back at the two. "Well, that's good. Presentation were already made." Being said with a friendly tone, he moved on the food location and took some vegetables with a cake as a dessert before walking toward an empty table.

merveille merveille AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

Oliver

"Oliver." He said, though he hesitated for a second or two before reaching out and shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you as well." He added clumsily. Clouds rolled over head in patches, creating frequent spurts of warm sunlight. A few students who had stopped to watch the scene, moved forward and mumbled something to Oliver, though he understood well enough. "Oh, sorry." He quickly stepped away from the doors, allowing them to enter the building.

There was a long silence, only broken by the chill breeze rushing in, and the laughing of another student nearby. "And who are you?" Oliver asked in an attempt to end the awkward moment, and looked over to the girl behind Raven.

Reign had stopped giggling when Raven admitted that the bag's contents had a lot to with her power, her expression quickly turning neutral. No matter how hard she tried, recognizing that this is a safe place couldn't be done in just more than an hour. She gave a slight smile as Oliver gave his name, though. "My name is Reign, it's nice to meet you Oliver." However, she had nothing to add, and just shifted from foot to foot as she meekly waited for one of the other two to initiate something.

Wick Wick Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Oliver

"Nice to meet you as well." Oliver said. Then there was another awkward silence, this one longer than the previous one. Oliver let out an uncomfortable laugh and smiled pathetically, looking down and kicking the ground a bit. The bags were already weighing his arms down again. ~Break the silence.~ "No." He said aloud and as soon as he did he tensed up, looking at the two girls. "I mean uh, so, er- so w-who wants to show off their powers? Anyone? I mean, we all have one right, that's- erm, that's how we got into this place?" He suggested in a desperate attempt to take their minds off of his sudden, random, outburst.

Raven smiled, reaching into her bag as she pulled out a slightly larger notebook. Showing him a drawing of a simple, narrow, 3D cylinder. She then made the drawing come into the physical world like it was nothing. She gave the baton a twirl. "Cool right!? I think I need to learn how to fight with these, it's easy to draw and a decent weapon. What are they called? Escrima sticks?" She tested the weight of it. "Yeah. That'll be cool."
Wick Wick That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Don't get any funny ideas, now." Howard said as he closed the door behind her. "I'm just curious...would be helpful if anything, er, bad happened."

He gave Lei a soft pat on her head, before sighing to himself softly. "Right now, you're one of my only acquaintances...so I'd like to think I would be able to have your back should anything happen. Friends are rather important you see."

Howard then withdrew his hands then pocketing them into the side of his pants, moving for the main office. His head was turned slighty to look at Lei. "My room is 104, if you need anything, then you know where to find me."
"I can defend myself... to an extent..." She replied, before playfully hissing to the pat on the head. Lei resumed following Howard, continuing to spin the Kunai "Alright... If i need you and you're asleep, i'm going to throw myself into the door just to wake you up. Be warned~"

Reign folded her arms over her chest, frowning a little at Oliver's question. However, Raven's enthusiasm brought a smile back to her face, her arms dropping just as quickly as they had been raised. "I don't know what they're called, all I know is you can bonk baddies over the head with those." Reign chuckled. "I can do the same thing, basically, just through a different method." Carbon mist came out of the duffel bag on her back once again, solidifying into a dagger in her right hand. "So, what about you, Oliver?"

Wick Wick Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse nodded curtly towards Thompson. "It was quite . . . coincidental that we were assigned as roommates," she said in a serene tone that didn't sound like she was too unhappy about it. She moved on with Thompson to the area with the food, which actually looked quite good. Not that she expected a prestigious school to have the same food served in average public schools, but it still looked better than she anticipated. She took a plate of chicken piccata and she found a table to sit down.

Interacting with: Thompson ( Chachalotte Chachalotte )

( AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot Chachalotte Chachalotte Sorry for not replying sooner! I've been busy with other RPs and life.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back