• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
The good ol’ days. When all They did was run, play, laugh. Now everything went dull. War, death, plague. No break now that they’re old enough. And now that Flint’s thinking back to how he met this prince, he wonders… that maybe if he did something different it’d all change.

Flashback to when they first met..

Flint was with his father, his father who was dying. And he didn’t know. He didn’t know what he was doing and why he was meeting the prince, but… he found it exciting. Clueless to the real world’s problem.

His father greeted the king with a bow and a soft joke, following with a cough. He wasn’t contagious, but he was sick. “Your majesty, this is my son Flint. He is strong and very capable, i’m sure you can teach him well. He will listen, he will fight, he will protect. Just take good care of him.. please..” His father seemed weak as he introduced the king to his son, then gently nudged Flint to talk to the shy and hidden Prince. Flint nodded and skipped over happily, again, very clueless of what was happening. He was being given to the royal family like an orphan, only because his mom died that morning and his father was next. And he didn’t know it.

Flint went to the prince, energetic and full of life. “Hi! Im flint, im 6! What’s your name? You seem cool! Your royalty? Wow! Do you know your ability yet? Mine is developing!” He had many things to say and share, excited and waiting to get to know him. So different to how he is now, and as he thinks about this day. He wonders… Why did he have to be the only one in his family to survive?

Days that had long faded, much like the ever so present sun now hidden by the monochrome clouds above. Always there but oh so out of reach. Red casted upon the land below in a sickening hue, back then he would adore such color. It reminds him of a friend. But now. The color Red had been ruined for him, by none other than himself. How ironic.

He let himself look back upon those times, where emotions are simply out in the open. Well, perhaps not all of those emotions are good.

He was just a young child back then, bearing the title of a Prince who would soon bear the duties that title carries. The boy was hiding behind his father's leg. Small hand gripping tight at the King's pant leg whilst the other clung the man's cape to further hid himself from their guests. Curious oceanic irises peeks from where the slit of the cape could not quite cover.

He knows, or so he thought, is it one of those 'favors' again. Where people came to the King seeking for aid in terms of politic and the likes. Despite his young age, there was barely a day he's allowed to act like the child that he is.

The other was bright, which reminds him of morning strips of sunlight. But the man who he came here with, were pale. Weak, reminding him of wilted flowers he saw the maids replaced this morning. He knows, at the young age of 7 he knows the concept of death.

Opposite of the old man he came here with. The boy named 'Flint' skips to him, far too cheery, far too bright. and far too nosy.

What abilities? The child grits his teeth, bristling at the words spoken to him. He would never get an ability, all of them say that he wasn't gifted by the Gods. Tears pricked at the corner of his eyes then, with a burst of newfound courage and frustration. The child steps out of his hiding from behind the King. Small hands pushes at Flint's chest, shoving the young boy onto the floor.

He hears his name, called in a surprised and reprimanding tone. 'Yohan!' the king had said.

Yet what is a child but filled with impulseness, emotions clear as glass.

"..have.. no!" Yohan strained, throat aching as if he had swallowed pins. "..abil..ity..! Hat..e!"

He remembered having ran off after that. Past the maids and butlers, yet he was sure that the other boy was close behind for some reason. The pitter patter of their little chase echoes within the castle's corridors. 'Leave me alone' he wants to say, but finds that he could not say those words out loud. He's not capable of doing it.

Yohan wonders then, how different would it be. If he could say the things he wants to say back then. Before all that would happen in the past. But whose he to fight the stars above when they held his destiny under tight wraps.

This wasn’t merely just a favor Flint’s father is asking of the King. His father is practically begging for the King to at least keep Flint alive, even if it means using him for bad. His father just wants him to live a decent life. Wonder if that will happen. Now that he thinks back on it, he doesn’t know.

—————————-

Flint didn’t know death, not one bit. He learns the hard way. Like how he learned every other lesson.

Flint was just an excited child, someone whos mind was filled with everything good. Not anymore. If you compare the two now, old Flint and present one, you’d think the King has failed flint’s father in making him happy.

Flint tilted his head, why was this kid so frustrated? Did he say something wrong? And when he was hit to thr ground, he took that as his answer. His smile faltered for a moment, but went back up as he stood up with the help of his dying father.

He frowned slowly as he heard the kiss strained voice, not knowing what he said or did. He definitely did take off in a run again, wanting to follow him to apologize or just maybe cause he thinks they’re playing.

But after they had returned back, after all the chasing and nosy questions, Flint had went back to the king and his father. Until he saw his father on the ground with the King attending to him.

“…dad?” Is all he said before the flashback ended. Before it cut off like a dream before the climax.

It’s not fair. He wants to be the one that died. Not his parents.

Current day

Flint snapped out of it, he was standing and zoning out on a brick wall. He finally looked around, he was guarding the Prince’s room door. Thinking and thinking. He did feel something towards Yohan, but refused to admit it. For he considers it weak, and wrong. Only because his own mind plays tricks on him.

Something that was of his understanding, the man on the floor, the look on the King's face. The little Prince knew there and then, that the sunshine currently by his side after their little chase and obnoxious questionare, his home is within the castle walls now.

Yohan raises his hand, to reach out to the other boy. But all that he manage to hold onto were nothing but air, he was far too slow.

And just like that, the sequence breaks into pieces, muted.

Back to the current day, Yohan blinks the memories away, slowly but surely the grounded reality pulls him out of his daze. That radiant and carefree innocence held nothing of value at this current time. Not that there was even a slither of if left, or so he'd like to think.

Feathers of black fluttered down unto the floor beneath him as he sat up from where he had been sitting by the dressing table, and just like that, the shining black is gone the next breath he took.

Dressed in white, he approached the mirror. An outfit seemingly for a wondrous occasion. Marked in gold, and sapphire. Even through the castle walls, he can hear his people cheer. A bitter smile had flashed upon his face then. Those are not cheer brought about by joyous means, or perhaps it was. Whose he to say what they should be joyful about.

Yohan tilts his head up, oceanic irises looking out the window and at the sky above.

Are you looking now? You so called Gods. There will come a day where someone rip you out of your pedestals. And until that day comes. I'll spite you, because this resentment will never fade.

Pushing open the doors of his room. He fought every nerve in his body to not look at someone he knew will break his composur: His companion from long ago, the young child who once know nothing grim of the world but now are one of its victims. Who can escape the clutch of reality anyway. What a foolish thing to even imagine.

"The awaited day is finally here." He had spoken first after closing the door behind him. The line of servants waiting nearby were the ones who had been there since the very beginning of his life, no matter how he tried to convince them to skip the event, they simply would not leave. Well, it's once in a lifetime after all.

"Come on now, don't do the sad faces. I thought crying time ended already."

Flint had lost his color, his light. His wonderful and energetic personality, his love for learning and thrill. He lost it all. Everything. All because he grew up, and has seen things no one should have to see.

Flint gently tapped his foot against the floor, an anxiety thing he does as he thought deep and hard. This cant be happening. His child hood friend is gonna be killed by his own hands. Whats wrong with him? Just because he has a curse and not an ability? So? He’s sweet, caring… Flint knows that. But currently he’s too emotionally unavailable he can’t think through this, can’t think about what to do to save him. The only solution he has is make something happen where he gets executed next. But… who knows.

Flint couldn’t bare look at Yohan, so when he heard him come out the door and speak he just felt the ache in his heart and throat.

He finally looked at him, a numb yet sorrow filled expression. “Crying time won’t end once this is through. It’s just starting.” He whispers then shook softly as he gently poked him with his sword. “Get moving to the site…” his voice cracked, but he kept a dull expression.

——————

Flint had to help set everything up, with his trembling and cracked rough hands. He slowly shoved Yohan to his knees, infront of crowds ans crowds of people. It was a site just for execution. And he didn’t know what to do anymore.

He stood behind the white haired male, looking down at him with such… pain. “Don’t…. Don’t let me do this to you. I-… can’t.. stand up, I won’t-“ he helped him up again, facing him. Then, he gave in. Something came over him, something bad. Maybe the fact that Yohan was cursed, maybe it was yohan that made his dad die that day. The same day they met.

so, he stabbed him right there, but immediately his common sense went back into him. And he just stood there frozen, staring into Yohan’z beautiful eyes. “N-no…I th-…” he was pale, he pulled away for a moment. This can’t be happening. Suddenly now, he realized his feelings for him.

Those tears won't be able to get back what was lost. He thinks, even if they fill the entire ocean with sorrow, even if they cry blood. There's no coming back from this but a part of him doesn't want to find a solution for this situation. The beings Above had decreed his execution and by all laws that exists by the light, he has to accept his fate.

On his knees did the Prince went, kneeling upon the masses that is his subjects. It was a brief moment of contact, yet the warmth of his childhood companion burns into his memories, like it always has. And he wonders if after this... will he be able to recall such warmth again?

Such words of denial from his companion, his executioner, claws at the very last shreds of his composure pulling to help him up. Is it out of pity, or hatred? For that split of a second he could see a flash of a man from years back, his light, his comfort. Yet Yohan bites those illusion back when cold, sharp steel plunging into his flesh where his heart beats. He could taste it upon his tongue, the taste of metal that floods his mouth and spilling past his lips. Shrill ringing that resounds in his head, white swirls in his vision, blotting his sight.

Uncertainty will be the downfall of you, my light.

It wasn't raining, yet the ritualistic site where the two stood were stained with droplets...of red. Yohan sways on his feet. He didn't know what happened then, but that familiar warm embrace caught his fall, he could see his childhood companion's face filling his blurred vision, his background is the bleak sky above.

Faded strength, faded hues. The color of the sea was no more than a dusty glass of the same color, as if the creatures within, even in the deepest of its depth had long since gone.

Yohan lifts his hand to the man's face, with what's left of his strength. But just like the first time that they met. He failed, his arm lifelessly dropping like a puppet whose string has been cut.

His dialogue were muted, out of reach from his own ability to hear.

[ ______________ ]

Those words... were all that he wanted to say.

Five Years Ago
Is where their story had truly took place.
The future is but a construct. The past as a base.
A pain that you cannot truly heal from, is a pain brought about by something that no longer existed.
"Phantom Pain."
Is what we call this.

Yohan Siester - Eshterian Prince (15)

IMG_20220111_232548.png
"Yeah... and?" Yohan raises his arms, nearly hitting his butler in the face while still holding his rapier. They are currently in the garden, the Prince pacing back and forth after a rather stressful meeting with the King. One would think that the King would be more than delighted to have one of his two Prince to dabble in the Kingdom's affairs, internally, diplomatic envoy, wars. But Yohan's circumstances are quite... Different.

You see, Eshter royalties are born with Gifts from the Gods. To put it bluntly: Magic. But the second Prince is born without it. His birth is accompanied only by a grim prophecy, that his death will be the salvation the world need when the time arrives. Whatever that may entail... Only time will tell.

"Flint will be there too." He huffed, sheathing his rapier before sliding back onto the chair, posture unrefined, elbow on the table's surface. "It's not like I'm completely defenseless without magic. I've won a fair few competition with the other Kingdom's Princes too." With a pout. He takes a bite of the slice of fluffy fruit cake he had been served. For now he can only wait for Flint to come back and tell him about if the King would allow him to take on this mission.

Of what?

A group of illusive bandits had been continuously slipping away from the other guard's searches. It had been going on for months now, frankly Yohan thought that it would be good for him to go investigate. But the problem is- the King and Queen forbids the second Prince from doing anything dangerous. "No doubt it's that stupid prophecy." He frowns. "It's so vague."

The drops of blood. The beautiful silvermist eyes slowly turning to gray. It’s all engraved in his mind. And it’ll still there till death do his part. Flint’s heart seemed like it wasn’t beating, as if it broke into pieces, as if it no longer had someone to beat for. He was alone.

He caught Yohan desperately, already trying to stop the blood. “No- no no no! I didn’t mean- NO! Yohan please, I swear to god i-… I can’t live without you…” tears flooded his eyes, falling onto Yohan’s cheeks as he gripped him close. The cold body that slowly fell limp. And the last thing he did, was let our a blood curling scream. For his love, has passed on.

—————-

Flint Cooper: Personal Knight of Prince Yohan.

“I don’t remember ever feeling warmth. Not until I fell In love with Yohan.” -Flint age 14

———

Flint was busy talking to the King, persuading him to allow them both to go do the mission. If they do it together it’ll be safer, so he must allow it!

Well. He didn’t. Not because they oh so loved Yohan and didn’t want him hurt. But because they needed him just in case this prophecy is real.

Flint entered the garden, his sword in it’s sheath on his back due to the large size. He was strong, able to carry so many pounds. He can harness energy from the world, he can probably carry a whole village.

Flint went to the prince, bowing like usual when in his presence once again. “The king said no, he said I can go if you really want it solved but that’s it. They don’t like you outside the castle walls, Yohan. “ he sighs, cracking his knuckles as he excused the butler from the area so they were alone.

"Oh, come on!"

The Prince groaned, gloved fingers raking through his white hair. At this rate he might think the reason for his white hair is because the universe knows how frustrating his somewhat short of a life will be, so it decide to save him the trouble of changing hair. Simply douse him in the color snow instead.

"But they let you go? Even Avaria, she's caught more criminals than me. AND SHE'S 11." Yohan took a deep breath, hissing out the number again. "Eleven. Flint."

His precious little sister, jewel of Eshterian royalty.

The Prince crosses his arms, forehead on the cool table's surface. He was silent for a moment- just a moment. Before he burst out in frustration again.

"I don't care, I'm either gonna riot or sneak out."

He looked at his Knight then. Seemingly thinking of something based on the mischievous glint in his oceanic irises. The prince stood up from his chair and immediately clasp both of Flint's hands in his. Looking up into the other young man's eyes.

"You'll help me, right? Please? Pretty please with cherry on top? I won't wander off from your side, I'll even hide my face. C'mon, Flint you gotta help me. I'm going to go crazy in here...!"

Flint stood tall as he watched Yohan practically have a breakdown, sighing a bit sadly. He knew the need to want to get out and do something, sometimes he has the need to go back to his village and see what exactly happened. But he knew its not good.

He sighed softly, “I know Yohan, it’s not fair. Nothing in life is, doesn’t mean you should let it stop you.” He looked down at the sudden mischievous Yohan, who was holding his hand. He took the chance to hold them back gently, knowing hes always wanted to be close to him.

He glanced away to think, before smirking and shaking his head. “It’ll certainly be fun, wouldnt it? Ill tell you what, let’s go show the king you’re capable. Let’s just hope I don’t get executed for this.” He snorts softly, it was like a half joke. As he gently let go of his hands and gave him his sword. He never does, this sword means a lot to him but Yohan is more important.

“i’ll use my magic, you use this sword. We’ll protect eachother, just make sure not to wonder off. Don’t scare me.” Flint then cracked his knuckles, neck, and so on. Making sure he was ready. “I understand being stuck here sucks, And I want to help you. But if you get hurt in any way…” he doesn’t want that.

There were a lot of things that Yohan can endure, one of which is constant berating and lecture. If he can have fun outside, then that would be worth it. "I won't let you get executed, even if you did. Then I'll die with you, how about that?" He grinned. Of course he wouldn't let Flint get beheaded over this, all Yohan needs to do is look at the king and queen with puppy eyes for them to spare Flint. Then again, Flint had always been one of their favorites, he's been with their family since he was six.

Confusion marred the young Prince's face when he was handed Flint's sword by the man himself. Yohan blinks.

Once

Twice

Until the weight of the lump of iron drags his body down. The Prince crashed with gravity along with an unregal yelp. "Flint y-"

"Hmph." Yohan huffed, rubbing his wrist. The bottom half of his face is covered by his white scarf but it doesn't take a genius to know that the Prince is pouting still. His form drowned by the oversized cloak he wore, a common rapier strapped by his hip as they wander the streets of his kingdom, having escaped the castle walls with a bit of aid.

He had declined Flint's 'polite' offer to use his sword. Unlike some people. Yohan is not bestowed with some inhuman power to wield giant ass swords.

Speaking of, why does he have to cover his face when the people in his kingdom only sees him from afar anyway? Ah right, abnormal hair. "You should wear a mask too, probably. Compared to me, you're out often despite being my bodyguard..."

Yohan trailed off, he grabs Flint by the hem of his clothes and tugs the other over to a vendor selling various cloth and handkerchiefs. Most of them were cute, fit for girls.

"Cute, aren't they?" The vendor clasped her hands, watching the cloaked young man scans through the display, feeling the fabrics. "Perfect gift for your girlfriend."

Yohan shook his head, switching to the handkerchiefs section. "I don't have a girlfriend. Oh, what leaf is this?" He points at one of the orange handkerchief with a fan-like leaf pattern sewed on its corner.

The vendor peered over. "That's a foreign leaf called Ginkgo, it symbolizes longevity."

Yohan seems to recoil a bit at that, longevity and him doesn't mix well, so he took the one next to the Ginkgo instead. It has a seashell pattern and it's blue. "I'll buy this one."

After paying for it, Yohan turns to Flint and hands him the handkerchief. "For you." He said, gleaming with just the purest of joy. And just like a child, his attention shifts somewhere else as quick as one can blink. But now he's focused on a caravan group nearby, they seemed distraught over something. Yohan taps on Flint's arm and gestured at the group.

"Stay here, I'll go take a look. Your giant sword would probably scare them even more." He joked. And like the wind, off he goes.

Flint gave a soft smile at that, he always enjoyed Yohan’s jokes and sass. Found it adorable though he wont admit it.

He couldnt help but burst out laughing as Yohan tried to hold the sword, running his fingers through his hair as he held in a more obnoxious laugh. “Sorry- hah, just had to see what youd do.” He smirked, patting his back thrn following the curious boy.

————-

God, Flint loves his pouty face. He wants to just give his face a little squeeze then kiss him but hey no… he cant fall in love. Especially not with a prince.

Flint nods, putting a mask on and placing a hood over his head, fixing his gloves and then following behind the prince. Making sure hes safe, keeping aware if every little thing going on.

He was peering through everything, taking in the designs of everything. Too cutesy for him. Flint was too busy looking at everything until he heard Yohan’s voice speak to the clerk, so he glanced that way. He saw him put the hanker chief down then picked up a new one, staring at the one that he put down. He went over to it, about to pick it up till he was given the seashell one. His expression showed softness, a little hint of love in his eyes as he glanced at Yohan then the cloth. “You didn’t need to, but of course i’ll keep and treasure it.” He gave a soft wink then put the cloth in his pocket neatly, making sure he wont lose it.

When Yohan suddenly left once his mind was focused on something else, he was gonna follow till he was told to stay there. He chuckles and nods, that’s understandable. “Okay, be safe.” He kept an eye on him, but while he had the chance he picked up the ginkgo and gave coins to thr clerk. “I’d like to buy this please.” He had said, wanting Yohan to know he deserves a long good life just like anyone else.

Yohan invites himself into the group's conversation, sitting down at their table, elbow on the surface, his hand supporting his chin. "Hi." He waved. Prompting the caravan members to look at him like they had just seen a twin headed surprise. "I heard that you're traveling south? Can I come along? With all the bandits rumors floating about, the others don't want to pass through that route anymore."

He soon waddled into the group's interaction like flowing water. Much like a child that was listening to stories, his eyes shine with every bit of story the group came up with. Who knows if it's real or not, but he doesn't care. It all sounds fun and he wants it to be real, he doesn't think that he'll be allowed out anyway after this, then again. When he ever had that freedom.

"Yeah, just past the border, my relatives lives there, but with all the things going on. I couldn't find anyone brave enough to go. Plus hiring bodyguards are too troublesome."

He subtly glance at Flint. 'There's no way some scummy bandits would attack someone like that. They chose to run from royal guards instead of a frontal fight. Surely they have brainpower somewhere. If Flint comes with, the chances of attack will decrease. '

The Prince unconsciously bit down on his thumb, a habit of his whenever down in his own thoughts or when he's nervous, it's a bad habit, really. The King and Queen told him off this multiple times. He averts his oceanic irises away from Flint.

Gotta think of a solution.

The agreement didn't come too slow, as the caravan group agree to take him with them. But they're leaving tomorrow, early in the morning.

Which means, Yohan's chances of getting caught by the royal guards before he can execute his mission will double. Lord fucking knows just how strict the King and Queen is with him.

Yohan returns to Flint's side, pulling him somewhere secluded to tell him about what he had just talked about with the group. "You'd have to follow close behind. Since from what I've read. The bandits know when someone can use magic. They most likely have a cultist working with them."

Black magic are different than God's Gifts.

Those who use black magic will eat away at themselves, too many drawbacks and the only way to cope with it are the lives of others. Yohan bites at his thumb again, gears in his head turning, thinking how to solve their current predicament. He shuffles closer to Flint upon seeing several soldiers walk past across the other side of the alleyway.

Seriously, that sword of his is practically a trademark, godamn.

As Flint waited for Yohan, he looked at the cloth, his eyes following the designs. He sighs softly, grunting to himself.

“God, youre not enough for him.” He spoke to himself in barely a whisper, knowing hes a peasant still and a prince could never fall for him. Especially a guy.

He glanced back at Yohan and the group to make sure theyre safe, before he turned back away.

He flinched, his hand immediately going to the handle of his sword when he was suddenly grabbed. But he immediately calmed down when he saw it was just the prince, as he leaned down to listen.

He listens with a nod, his arm slightly wrapping around his waist when Yohan shuffled closer, more of an instinct. He glared a bit around to make sure they were safe, before turning back to Yohan.

Once he was done talking he perked up and took the hanker chief, handing it to him. Gently placing it in his hands softly. “I got this for you. You deserve a long life just as much as anyone else, Yohan.” He said, then stood up straight .

Yohan kept his gaze at the Ginkgo handkerchief, it's a noble thought. To think one life is just as important as another. He wouldn't expect less than this ray of sunshine. But in just a few year's time, the inevitable will peek out and slash at whatever hope Yohan has had left.

No matter though. He isn't scared of death. He just does not want to live a life of mourning over the too soon of a future.

Yohan's expression softened. Tracing the threads with the tips of his fingers.

"Once the gods decree a life should be taken. The followers obey, blindly. I hope that would change one of these days. Who knows. Maybe someone strong will topple whatever deity up there. Knock them a stair or two."

He carefully pockets the handkerchief.

"Thank you. But we should exit the capital now, and wait for the caravan by the gate tomorrow morning, it won't be too long until they realize their rascal prince had escaped. Worse case scenario they'll close the borders and send the royal unit to chase after us. It wouldn't be a surprise, really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back