Opinion Pet Peeves

Mmmmmmmm, I have several.
Hypocrisy. This mainly stems from my older brother being an intense hypocrite, but nowadays when I see it I just get angry. I even get mad writing hypocrisies within my characters.
I also seriously can't stand misinformation or demeaning opinions about Autism, not all of us are low-functioning.
The guys in my house don't put the toilet seat down either, I don't know why but it just bothers me. It's not even the middle one either, I get mad when they don't put down the one on the top xD
Arrogance also bothers me on an entirely new level, again stemming from my older brother.
And if people interrupt me when I'm trying to talk there is literally always a passive-aggressive remark to follow.

In my seminar class freshman year (round table discussion style), one time before I even knew it I said "does the middle of my sentence mark the beginning of yours?" to someone lol, but they didn't seem to hold a grudge lol, they got better about it. I've almost said it more often to various people but stopped myself.

My main pet peeve is when someone either speaks too loudly or barely audible. It drives me insane! My second one is almost like it - barely touching. I can't handle that. This also includes barely tapping my back - either do it or don't, but do not barely do it.

I just want the whole world to go quiet when I go to bed. Completely dark. No sound of the vent. No sound of the computer. I'm a really sensitive sleeper. I hate it and my parents hate it. The only thing at home that gets away with making noise is my cat.

I just want the whole world to go quiet when I go to bed. Completely dark. No sound of the vent. No sound of the computer. I'm a really sensitive sleeper. I hate it and my parents hate it. The only thing at home that gets away with making noise is my cat.
And when I request that everyone be quiet earlier than usual because I have to wake up especially early for something the next day and they still end up being noisy/walk around/shower/participate in other various activities that make noise. Out of a family of heavy-sleepers, I'm the one person who got screwed over; I literally wake up at the sound of an alarm in someone else's room. I know my family hates it, but I swear, it's a lot more frustrating for me than it is for everyone else. Like it makes it damn-near impossible to sleep at hotels, other peoples' houses, etc. because there aren't many people who are as sensitive to noise and light as I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back