Opinion Pet Peeves

SlytherClaw

Try hard evil genius
I'm bored and don't have a good reason to make this post, but I'm going to do it anyways. Top three biggest pet peeves? Mine are as follows:

1. People speaking louder when I use ASL. Like yo, just because I sign does not make me deaf. Also if I was deaf, how would that help?

2. People (and by people I'm including both children and grown ass adults) petting my service animal who clearly has a vest that reads "DO NOT PET"

3. Rude customers. I am simply a cashier. I do not make the rules, regulations, limits, exclusions, inclusions, coupons, deals, or actual items that we sell.

Right now mine is how early the sun sets in winter. Its fucking 4:30 and the sun is setting. Its trippy, theres no evening. Its 4 o’clock and suddenly night.

1) The feeling of oil. You know when your hands are slippery and shit. But I dislike it anywhere in my body. It is so gross and I must do by best to eradicate the slipperiness as fast as possible. It is why I don't wear sunscream and why I dont go to the beach.
2) I really don't like it when there is one kid and everyone's hearts melt over it. Like I'm chilling with some of my friends and then we meet up with some other peeps, getting a group going to a party/wherever the fuck and then a kid shows up and suddenly everyone loses their goddamn minds. Like the motherfucker pukes some people find that cute.
3) Having caps lock on.
4) Microsoft Office software for Mac in general. Whoever ported that shit should go to hell.

I have tons more but I think that those go into the category of me just hating things rather than a "pet peeve"

1. fcking ants. I have abhorrence towards ants because of how many times they gathered and tried to kill the living hell outta me. Fire ants are the worst
2. egoistic people. the kind of people who would brag about anything and everything they are / have (to the point of lying) but actually only have air in their heads
3. People who ridicule other people's favorites/interests/hobbies and make them feel bad for liking it. I mean, if you don't like it, you don't have to leave a damn comment on it. Saying "that's so gay" "they look like my feet" "you're such obsessive fan" is you being a massive dick and getting punched ain't enough. It's bad enough you're judging the person you don't have to make them feel like sht for vocalizing your unneeded opinion. Be mature and get a life jfc.

1. Slow people. It doesn’t matter how they’re slow - talking, thinking, walking, just mentally - but it really really really annoys me.

2. If I have to repeat myself more than twice. Especially if it was a joke. It’s only funny the first time.

3. Questions. Which is kind of selfish of me, I know. But. Don’t ask me questions. I’m doing my own thing. I don’t have time to explain it to you.

4. Twelve and fourteen year olds. Not the age! I understand you can be older and/or younger mentally, and I have nothing against actual 12 and 14 year olds. It’s just the phases. The twelve year old ‘I have to know who I am and validate myself, also LOL random XD’ phase and the fourteen ‘I’m so special I’m emo and listen to cool music and I’m not straight ew straight people suck I’m on the autism spectrum cause that’s cool screw Christianity there’s no one like me ugh other girls are so annoying’ like. Stop. Stop, you’ll regret this. Stop.

Ugh I sound like a selfish jerk now xD
I don’t take any of it back

1. people who just start shit for no reason or because they are under the mistaken impression acting like a douche-nozzle makes them somehow superior to everyone else. yeah no one is going to thank you for pissing them off and all it shows us is that you're going to either grow into a bigger asshole who will be shunned from polite society or you're going to grow up enough to wince at what a little shit you used to be.

2. people who don't speak up about what is bothering them and then turn around and lose their shit at you randomly for not being able to somehow read their minds and figure out what was bothering them. like yeah i bottle shit in too but i don't then go around screaming at people for not doing/knowing things that i never actually spoke up about. no i just seethe silently in resentment and badmouth them behind their back like a grown ass adult.

3. people who interrupt me when i am trying to talk. or don't let me explain something before they go off on their own opinions. it's just rude.

People making fun of you because of your disability
People being mean to animals
When your trying to say something and someone keeps interrupting you

At school my room is right above a dining hall and I'm often woken at 7-8 AM by the garbage truck. And it's a parking lot too, so sometimes people's car alarms will go off... and off... and off. My windows are also really drafty and right next to my bed, so that's annoying.

There are 57 people living in my dorm building. People leave their dirty dishes (not all of which belong to students, by the way - they take them from the dining halls; you're supposed to return them ASAP) in the kitchenette we all share, leave standing water, leave everything a mess... etc. They also don't always flush or clean their hair out of the showers. And I hate it when I need to use the laundry machines and someone isn't taking their clothes out on time.

Also, my professors didn't share overall grades in classes. One did halfway through the semester, but until final grades come out, we're left estimating what our grade is - especially for one of my classes, in which we weren't given a grade breakdown or any type of rubric with the syllabus, so I couldn't even guess my grade if I tried. The same professor got on my nerves by never responding to emails and not showing up to class for a week, too.

Good times.

1. Those people who can never admit when they are wrong, or in the wrong. As someone who is usually fine with being corrected and taught, it's a little agitating when I come across people who aren't willing to do the same. I don't mean this in a circumstantial sense, either. I know we all have those moments of stubborness or pridefulness. I mean they never admit they are wrong unless they have to, constantly blame others, and make up excuses.
  2. Never flushing the toilet. I live with two people who do this on a daily basis and it's the quickest way to get me annoyed.
  3. The totally close minded.
  4. Full Carpeting. Don't ask. I just don't like it.
  5. The pretentious. Those few people you meet in your life that feel like they have to prove themselves to everyone and put others down to do it, especially when it comes to intelligence. They decorate what they are saying with a "higher" vocabulary even if they end up using words wrong, and are often egotistical and assuming. Though, these kinds of people aren't always entirely negative people. Which is why I can't say that they annoy me too much at all. It's a bit like getting poked with a spork.
  6. Noises. Shrieking alarms going off, the sound of a T.V. being turned on or left on with nothing playing, the ticking of clocks, that really annoying beeping text tone so many people have on their phones, breathing machines, silverware scraping against plates and bowls, the smacking sound some people make when they talk, and anything on a chalkboard. It's a lot...
All of these things are usually tolerable to me, just annoying.

1. Those people who can never admit when they are wrong, or in the wrong. As someone who is usually fine with being corrected and taught, it's a little agitating when I come across people who aren't willing to do the same. I don't mean this in a circumstantial sense, either. I know we all have those moments of stubborness or pridefulness. I mean they never admit they are wrong unless they have to, constantly blame others, and make up excuses.
  2. Never flushing the toilet. I live with two people who do this on a daily basis and it's the quickest way to get me annoyed.
  3. The totally close minded.
  4. Full Carpeting. Don't ask. I just don't like it.
  5. The pretentious. Those few people you meet in your life that feel like they have to prove themselves to everyone and put others down to do it, especially when it comes to intelligence. They decorate what they are saying with a "higher" vocabulary even if they end up using words wrong, and are often egotistical and assuming. Though, these kinds of people aren't always entirely negative people. Which is why I can't say that they annoy me too much at all. It's a bit like getting poked with a spork.
  6. Noises. Shrieking alarms going off, the sound of a T.V. being turned on or left on with nothing playing, the ticking of clocks, that really annoying beeping text tone so many people have on their phones, breathing machines, silverware scraping against plates and bowls, the smacking sound some people make when they talk, and anything on a chalkboard. It's a lot...
All of these things are usually tolerable to me, just annoying.
Honestly, these are pretty much all my pet peeves. Except for the full carpeting. I love it!

Three biggest pet peeves? Got this in the bag.

1. I'm currently a dishwasher. If you use a separate tiny little dish for mustard, I hate you. Because it stains my porcelain and I have to work even harder.

2. If I write a long paragraph explaining something, and you respond with "k" or something of the sort, just assume I am annoyed.

3. People who yell at me for making a mistake and yet make the same mistake twice as much as I do.

Grrr.

I have a lot, but my top three are:

I. Noises when I'm trying to read. Unfortunately, I haven't mastered tuning out noises. I can tolerate minor background noises, but I prefer sweet, sweet silence.

II. People who hate on others for their art, writing, etc. I'm all for constructive criticism, especially involving my writing and artwork, but there's a distinct difference between actual criticism and blatant ridicule. If you don't like it, that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. However, if you have nothing remotely helpful to say, keep your nasty opinion to yourself. I, of course, have no control over it, but being a douche isn't going to score you brownie points.

III. Being questioned, "What are you doing?" This, of course, depends on the situation. For example, if I'm at work and I'm asked it, especially by a supervisor, I'll answer, regardless of my feelings. On the other hand, if a nosy co-worker, parent, friend, stranger, etc. pestered me, I hate it. Unless I'm in the mood, I don't like sharing. Half the time, they'll receive a smartass remark. (Plus, depending on the scenario, I get bad anxiety answering. I'm a private individual by nature.)

Lately my biggest one has been the stupid amount of drivers on the interstate that don't utilize their blinkers when transitioning lanes, especially in peak traffic.

My biggest pet peeve is when people walk slowly in groups of 3 or 4 on a narrow sidewalk ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE IN A RUSH.

Loud eating throws me into Hulk mode.

Also, is this only me, or does every person has a spoon he hates for no apparent reason? Everyone I asked thus far, had. Me and my gf recently ritually executed the one spoon we hated. Now, we wait.

Loud eating throws me into Hulk mode.

Also, is this only me, or does every person has a spoon he hates for no apparent reason? Everyone I asked thus far, had. Me and my gf recently ritually executed the one spoon we hated. Now, we wait.

Well that's new to me...but I do have a spoon I love, my go-to cocktail spoon for a Whiskey Cocktail, Sazerac, or Manhattan!

Hmm my pet peeve? Lately various dickbags on the road along my route, lol.

People commenting on things they have little to no idea about, and are essentially parroting what someone else said without even understanding the topic. I've seen so much of it with Brexit, Trump (mostly from those who dislike him, even though I also dislike him too), pretty much the entire welfare and equality debate, and more.

i’m a waitress at a place that serves japanese food, and seriously, nothing gets my goat like these things:
> people who try to correct me about things i know more about than they do. stop. full stop.
> people who snap at me to get my attention. like. w h y.
> people who finish their drinks as soon as i put them down and then suck on their ice as loudly as they can. dude. i get it. you really love that coke. chill. if you’re that thirsty you need water, bud.

Mmmmmmmm, I have several.
Hypocrisy. This mainly stems from my older brother being an intense hypocrite, but nowadays when I see it I just get angry. I even get mad writing hypocrisies within my characters.
I also seriously can't stand misinformation or demeaning opinions about Autism, not all of us are low-functioning.
The guys in my house don't put the toilet seat down either, I don't know why but it just bothers me. It's not even the middle one either, I get mad when they don't put down the one on the top xD
Arrogance also bothers me on an entirely new level, again stemming from my older brother.
And if people interrupt me when I'm trying to talk there is literally always a passive-aggressive remark to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back