• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Personan Rhapsody Campaign (Closed)

Other
Here
Kaaru grinned as his hit semi-landed. He was feeling pretty confident in the moment, Souta's buff likely having something to do with it, but found himself knocked down a couple pegs as he was forced back. He didn't expect the strength, having underestimated his opponent and overestimated himself, and found himself losing his balance, falling to the ground. He recovered quickly, but apparently not quick enough as in the next moment Bug was being struck down.

"Bug!" The redhead called out as he recovered from his fall. He felt the need to run and help her, but found that there was no way, what with the shadow's next attack being directed towards him. He was just grateful Souta was on it, as far as he could see out of the corner of his eye.

"Don't get cocky now. We're just warming up." He taunted, voice strained as he blocked the spear of light with his sword. He heaved it to the side, deflecting the attack. He looked a bit surprised at what he'd done, unable to stop his brain from wandering to how damn cool that had been. He knew he'd never be able to do that again, but he gave himself a mental pat on the back anyways.

"Warrior, to me." Kaaru called his persona, the large and semi-transparent soldier appearing behind the shadow. He slid his foot back before leaping forward with his sword, his persona doing something similar from behind the creature.

The shadow dodged with ease, and as Kaaru leapt closer, another spear of light hit him, this one being shoved directly into his abdomen. It didn't pierce flesh, much like it had left Bug injured but not bleeding, and his armour had some defensive effect, but it was a painful blow that put distance between the two as the shadow used the force of it to shove him back.

"You lot are honestly a tad bit pathetic, even if you got the girl up on her feet already..." It tsked, another spear forming in its hand as Bug managed to get out a thank you and stumble to her feet, this one pointing towards Souta. "How you've survived this long, I can't comprehend." It taunted, before the weapon of light went straight towards Souta.

Souta gave the girl a nod with a small smile at her gratitude. He looked up upon hearing the Shadow going on about their performance. Normally, he'd have taken offense to this, but at this moment, he couldn't help but somewhat agree. Were they really wholly unprepared? Had they underestimated their foe that much?

He didn't have much more time to ponder, as the Shadow sent forth a spear of light towards him. All he could do before the impact was push the girl he had just revived out of harms way and think about how much more he preferred her Shadow to this one.

It... hurt to say the least. He definitely wasn't down and out, but it felt like taking a strong punch to the chest, except with more burning. He stumbled back, almost falling prone himself for a moment before catching his balance.

"God you're insufferable..." he muttered, the frown on his face actually being from anger for once. "I'd try me best to keep you repressed if you were mine too!" Breaking from his self-designated heal bot role, he commanded Bard to attack. It played a loud note on its violin and sent a burst of fire forth towards the angel.

Kaaru's eyes widened as the spear phased through his midsection and he was knocked back. The air felt like it had been knocked completely out of him and his face twisted into one of pain, a hand going to cover his abdomen, the spear making it feel like his insides were on fire. Sweat had begun to bead down his forehead, through the pain and the worry. They had barely made a dent in the Shadow, and the redhead found his thought whirring. He was scared, scared of failing again. Aoi-Hime deserved better than to go out like this, she...they deserved better than him.

He took a deep yet shaky breath as he gathered himself and used his sword like a cane to help straighten himself out, trying his best not to panic."Yeah...you're being pretty annoying," Kaaru said as he raised his sword once more, trying to act like the hit hadn't done as much as it did. "I think you're the pathetic one really, thinking that cockiness is going to get you anywhere," he taunted as he raised his sword, arms only shaking slightly. He called to his persona once more, the decrepit spartan appearing next to him.

Kaaru leapt at the Shadow once more in an effort to bring his sword down to cut off one of his wings, deciding not to relent in his assault with Souta's buff still on him.

The burst of fire hit, but the shadow, though singed, looked as though it would recover. That was until Kaaru jumped in. The sword hit the shadow's wing, and it let out a cry of pain as Kaaru hit a chink in the armour of feathers at the base, and left it dangling from the socket. It was only one of six, yes, but that was enough to enrage the shadow significantly further.

"How DARE you?!" It howled, staring menacingly at Kaaru and prompting a flinch from the girl still up against the wall, who was trembling in fear at her other self. "How dare you ruin the only part of me not yet damaged?! How dare you, how dare you?!"

With that, it's form shifted, the wings starting to glow. Spikes grew from its arms, jagged bone growing through the flesh. Its hands became more like claws, and shields of light seemed to swirl around it as its eyes glowed an almost neon yellow.

"You die here." It growled, before taking another hit-Bug suddenly proving her recovery, and slamming into one of the four shields that surrounded it with a harsh gust of wind, shattering it.

"Ha... Got em!"

Well, this one certainly had thicker skin than Bug's Shadow. None of the words coming from either boys seemed to bother it. They had bigger problems to worry about though once the spear of light struck Kaaru. Despite his attempt to stand strong, Souta could tell from his shaky figure that he was running out steam. Regardless, the redhead somehow managed to get a solid hit on the angel.

Despite harsh words not having any effect, damaging one of its wings did. The black-haired boy wondered if maybe he had more Biblical knowledge that would seem fitting for a moment before his eyes went wide at the transformation. Well, their opponent certainly had lost any angelic grace about them now. He prayed that the new form was more for show than anything else.

That's when a wind spell caught the angel off guard. It tossed him into one of the shields of light and shattered it. Bug's voice rang out with a line that had comedic timing. Souta raised a brow and stifled a laugh as he glanced at the girl. Was she really as offline as she claimed?

"Nice going, Bug-chan!" he called to her with a grin. He put his faith in the momentum she seemed to have going and cast the same attack buff he had cast on Kaaru on her. His then once again fell on the aforementioned redhead. "We're making good progress! Don't give up!" With another note from his Persona's violin, a familiar aura of healing surrounded him for a moment and invigorated him.

Kaaru couldn't help but take a couple steps back as the shadow raged, the glare, the hateful words, and the rather terrifying form change instilling fear in him. He'd just gone for one of the wings since they seemed like they could be a weak point, and while it didn't appear he'd been wrong, it also seemed like he struck a nerve. And it honestly didn't feel great, having this thing tell him he was going to die. Though he did feel a bit better when Bug pulled off her attack and shattered one of the shields.

"Th-thanks, I don't plan on giving up anytime soon." the redhead stuttered a bit as he felt the pleasant wave of healing wash over him. The relief that the healing skill provided helped him recover a bit from his fear, though he was more susceptible than usual, what with everything that was going on in his head.

Still, his resolve to protect his friends and one of his favorite musicians remained strong and he followed Bug's lead, hurling his two-handed sword at one of the shields.

The second of the two shields shattered, and a second wind hit Bug solely from adrenaline. A second wind attack hit the second to last shield, and the shadow almost fell prone, desperately trying to use the last one.

"You son of a--" It growled, and tried to hit Souta, oddly enough with another spear of light. But it's timing was very much off as it was clouded by rage, making a dodge easy.

Well, Kaaru's method was certainly reckless, but it worked, Souta supposed. Still, leaving the guy without a weapon was dangerous. He thought for a moment about how to create a diversion in order for his companion to reclaim his sword. As he observed the Shadow though, he realized that may not be necessary. With each of the light shields breaking, the recoil it took looked to be getting more and more intense. When Bug shattered the second to last one, it was practically floored. That was its weak point, Souta realized, and perhaps a distraction wouldn't be necessary at all for Kaaru to pick up his weapon.

Before he could send forth an attack of his own though, the Shadow took a stab (quite literally) at him. He was able to easily step out of the way though, rage seeming to cloud the former angel's eyes. Now it was his turn. He took a breath as his fiery-haired Persona readied its bow on the strings of its instrument. A quick, sharp note played and a fireball was sent forth towards the angel, on a direct course to the last shield of light.

Another gust of wind, strong, took down the last shield, and the shadow fell to the ground, panting. Bug, despite having just attacked, took her chance, and a staff strike to the head took it down fully. The shadow reverted to it's original form, panting on the ground, the tears of blood stronger now.

"What... in the hell was that..?" A small, yet still recognizable voice came from behind the group, Aoi struggling to her full height. "I don't... I don't understand all this..."

"... one of you two should explain!" Bug decided, raising up her staff, which was now stained with blood. "Ewwww..."

Kaaru prepared to draw his other sword- the katana he'd bought during their recent shopping excursion. His fingers gripped the textured hilt with a force that turned his knuckles a shade lighter, teeth grit as he prepared himself for anything, just in case. The shields had been shattered, and he felt like they'd been fighting for ages. In his mind, the battle should be over, but he didn't want another phase getting the best of him.

A sliver of metal came into view as he began to pull his sword from its sheathe, ready to deliver what he hoped was the final blow...but he was promptly beaten to it by the short girl with bubblegum hair. He couldn't help but let out an airy laugh in the moment, a sigh of relief soon following. He released the grip he had on his sword's hilt and walked over to Bug, ruffling her hair just a bit. "Looks like you're two for two on the finishing blows. Nice job." He let his hand fall from her head soon after his congratulatory words and picked up the large sword he'd thrown earlier. He slung it over to its usual spot on his back before turning around to face Aoi.

Kaaru knew it was his job to explain. He'd been at this longer than the other two, and was, in his mind, the unofficial leader of the group. Still, he found himself taking a brief pause, his mouth opening and closing lamely. Even after everything they'd just gone through, all Kaaru could see in front of him was Aoi-Hime, an artist he'd looked up to since the moment she debuted.

"Um...there's a lot to explain, but right now you're gonna have to talk to it," the redhead said after finally finding his words. He looked over to the shadow on the ground before turning his gaze back. "It's weird, I know, but it's...a part of you. You have to accept...him, or he won't go away, and we can't take you back."

Well... that was anti-climatic. The angel had been a formidable foe, especially in its second, terrifying form, and yet, a bonk to the head was what was needed to take it out. The praise his Senpai gave Bug for the hit though caused his brow to furrow.

He muttered something under his breath, the only part really being audible and coherent was "... kill stealing..."

He glanced to idol when she questioned what the hell was happening. A valid inquiry. Bug deferred it to him or Kaaru, and the redhead decided to take it one step at a time. "It's a part of yourself you're trying to repress," Souta added on. "A representation of something you're scared of others knowing about you, or afraid to even admit to yourself. There's no need to be ashamed though. We've all gone through it. And... for what it's worth coming from a rando... if you're actually a guy, I support you, and hope you can live life as one soon, Aoi, uh... -hiko?"

"Are you all aware of the sheer lunacy of those statements?!" Aoi asked, practically spluttering out her words. She definitely didn't seem pleased with what was laid out in front of her, staring at her saviours blankly.

"Yeah, it's weird, but you have to." Bug assured, and Aoi just stared, eyes flickering between the shadow, and the three other people, before sighing.

"Fine."

She stepped to the shadow, her hand visibly quivering as she extended it out. "Fine, fine, I'll admit everything. You're a manifestation of me. Of all the time I've felt like a goddamn martyr, of everything I know about myself that would destroy everything I have if it came out. I'm not happy with this. I want to be what I'm showing, a perfect teenage girl who keeps up with everything and never struggles, but I guess that's not the fucking case."

The shadow rose, taking her hand and pressing it to it's forehead, mumbling those crucial words. I am thou. Thou art I.

The shadow grew bright, a blinding light flashing before disappearing. The persona seemed to manifest into something on Aoi, angel wings and paladin armour appearing on her as she fell to her knees again.

Bug almost let out a sigh of relief... and then there was the cracking sound. Structural integrity failed in a heartbeat after the shadow was accepted, and the clock tower crumbled.

It was, admittedly, a long way down. And while life flashed before Bug's eyes, when she hit the ground, it was nothing but soft-some kind of featherfall effect. She glanced to her teammates as she scrambled to her feet after the whole thing had stunned her, feeling like a bad dream. "Are you guys okay?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back