• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BriiAngelic

*Willingly Participates in Self Sabotoge*
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Die Is Cast

Kamakura, Japan

The town of Kamakura was bustling just as it usually was on Sundays. Today was made even more notable as couples went around the streets of Komachi-dori celebrating Valentine’s. The temple, the beach, everywhere you looked it was a gaggle of couples with the occasional larger group of friends enjoying their day trips as the hoards started to pile in from the Tokyo lines.

You’d been given instructions to make your way down to Meigetsuin Temple at 2pm sharp. Why? SEES chose a well-known temple for a cover, which seemed counterintuitive but there was no time to question why this might be. If there was one thing Kamakura had plenty of, it was temples. Tomomi had given careful instructions on how to reach the temple. Once they arrived they were to mention that they were with “she who won Salamis.”

Until then. Their housing had been set, their humble stipends loaded. There was still a good two hours to kill as the clock struck noon. The little cafes and restaurants seemed to be doing great as people walked in and out. All seven of the major temples were busy, as always. The town had 84 in total so it was no wonder that was the biggest hit of the town. The beach was a popular destination but the chill of the end of winter kept many from going in the water. The museum of literature seemed to be perfectly off the beaten path for anyone wishing to get some air from the crowds.

All in all it was anything but what one would expect of “rapidly increasing threat probability” that SEES had claimed the town had. Just what had they seen in it?

• Yuigahama Beach

The beach was a picturesque image of stillness. Despite the cooler weather still some braved the ocean waves looking every bit a loon as they did. The people were few and in between compared to the rest of the town but there were still spread out groups of visitors playing to their heart’s content. The slow lapping of the waves on the sandbar was as peaceful as could be. To the north where the beach ended into a mess of rocky craigs there was a clear place to jump in if the water was a little warmer. A particularly loud group seemed to be laughing at the screeching of a young man who came barrelling out of the water swearing something had tried to grab him. Further down the shore it seemed that someone had set up a stand trying to sell grilled seafood and shaved ice all at the same stand. Something that did not seem to call to any of the wayward beach goers. This would certainly be a lovelier place in the summer.

💖💖💖

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:

• Screenshot 2021-08-19 182936.png
    Interacting With: Kaida (?) ( Arcanist Arcanist )
    ~ Kenchō-ji ~
    Down! || Ichirou’s CS File || Jun'ichi's CS File
    Kenchō-ji was far less entertaining than he was expecting from somewhere that was what others called a tourist destination. He could have hit the beach or the shopping district or took a damn nap but noooo Jun wanted to go see some hunk of wood. He didn’t see the point of visiting what was primarily a Buddhist shrine. They could say all they want but the shrine in the back was buried. Besides even if their Mom still practiced Shintoism their family sure as heck had messed up plenty. Their Kamidana was a sorry sight. If their family guardian wasn't pissed at them yet between their treatment of the Kamidana and their contracts with strange western quasi-gods then praying at a Buddhist shrine had to be tempting fate.

He leaned back leaning on one of the posts of the shrine watching as his younger brother seemed to be earnestly preparing an offering. Whaaaa was he just going to offer up the stipend? Stupid. He better hope his backpack had enough of what he needed then. Jun’ichi already made him pack up enough that it was weighing his shoulders down. It felt so unnecessary.

“Are you done being borrrrrrring”

“Are you done being a heathen?”

He could see his little shout was getting under his brother's skin as he clapped with more force than needed before going to ring the bell on the Shinto side. He grabbed one of the reusable water bottles from the side of Jun’s backpack and poked his face with the end.

“Hey, at least I know better than to pray to a Buddhist shrine and call it being piteous!”

Jun was quick to snatch the bottle from his hand. His bro quickly chugged the bottle and swatted him in the side with the now empty water bottle. He took a lunge trying to get the bottle back as they soon turned into a war. He managed to get his fingers around the bottle with a hop but instead of grasping it instead the bottle went flying backward.

“SHIT”

Ember Sapphire
Rachel.Gardner.600.2409128.jpg
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Likey Nearby)
(Currently playing in earphones Song of the Ancients Tavern ver)

"Everything that you accomplished, all the fights you have fought, lives saved, all lead to nothing. You were destined to burn from the start." The figure slowly walked away from the girls slowly burning body, as everything burned around her. "It was all Pointless?" The girl shot awake moments later from the consent buzzing from her phone in her poket. "That dream again? Now arriving at Kamakura!" The train's speaker would sound giving a warning to the passengers on board. "Sigh that's right I almost forgot." The girl would rise from her seat picking up a small bag that sat to her side filled with nothing more than her clothes and a laptop with some art supplies. Walking off the train any onlookers would see a cute short girl who likely hasn't taken care of her hair in some time from how unkempt it looked. "Hey, would you be intr? Not interested." She says to a desperate-looking man trying approaching her likey trying to pick up a date to show off or something. Pulling out a pair of earphones she pulls out her phone to find fifteen messages from all sorts all of which are from different family members some more than once. "Sigh I suppose when you suddenly drop out of art school to proceed some mystery art job, you kinda can't blame them for worrying a little." Scrowing through her phone she would see three messages from Mom, Eight from Uncle H, as well as some from Auntie Air and Auntie Ess, and even one from grandma that's rare she must be on a losing bet. Shaking her head annoyed but can't say this wasn't expected she types out a blanket text directed at all of them. "Sorry! I fell asleep on the ride here don't worry I arrived with no issue I'm on my way to my hotel now." And send almost half seconds later she would see three more messages from her uncle in the chat followed by all four women telling him to calm the hell down. She looked away sad a smile such a supportive family all the more reason for them to not see her in a depressed like state. She turned off the messaging app after that going over to her music playlist and pressing shuffle. Let's see here what were the directions again she had to find some souvenir shop then go in at the side of it what kind of shady directions are those. Well twenty minutes later she managed to find the way walking into some sort of office-like space was this really a hotel? She would approach the lady upfront. "I'm Sapphire Ember I was told there would be a room for me here." Ember would look down at her phone it currently being 12:00 at least two hours before she would have to go do her pointless job sigh what to do with so little time should she watch some anime, start a sketch maybe raise a level or two on her secondary classes in FF so many lazy options so little time.

Last edited:
c73bd798c752d7ffcfdcbd895ad278c4.jpg

Arayata Aoi

"Hoshi no hikari kiete yuku no owari no hi." She sang softly with the music that filled her ears. The calm strums of the guitar building tension to the coming of the storming percussion. "‘Akai tsuki ga chimamire machi wo…’ Himei no utahime no uta." Aoi felt like her chest was going to burst, it never ceases her to amaze what emotions music can make her feel. It was music that helped her during hard times, and when she feels numb it's music that surges her with emotions even if it's for a fleeting moment.

"Ah, so this is Kamakura." She said as she took off her helmet, letting the cold wind bite her cheeks. It was a great relief compared to her face being stuffed by the cushions of her headgear. Her eyes roamed over Yuigahama beach, it was still early. She knew that but it was better than staying in Ikebukuro and being reminded of everything... Much to her grandmother's disappointment. Not that she could convince Aoi to change her mind.

She stared at her phone. The screen of her phone lighting her face, the song changing into Gunjou. "How fitting," she thought as the color Ultramarine means 'beyond the sea.'

Leaving her motorbike by the parking, she walked up to the lone stall that sold grilled squid. Suffice to say, she hadn't had breakfast yet. The sound of the waves as they hit the shore and rocks never fails to sound relaxing, but she wasn't in Yuigahama to hear that with the other's screams and laughter. She's here for the sights, to observe, and one thing that caught her eye was a blonde man wearing an eyepatch. You don't see those every day but whatever curiosity Aoi had was fleeting. She only wanted to eat squid as she watched the sea trying to reach past the beach and never giving up to kill time. "One squid please."

mention: Taigakitt Taigakitt || interaction:

Sang and Yun
Collab with BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
“If we're gonna be in town a while, we should probably get proper clothes.” That was Yun’s suggestion.

Two more hours until they had to be at a temple. That was a reasonable enough time to shop for clothing.

Not that Sang was going to say “no” to. He could do with a few more outfits. Maybe find some decent ones with fun colors without making him look gaudy. The Fairy Kei store intrigued Sang with all the pastels, but couldn’t find himself to speak up and look for anything there with his cousin in tow.

Clothing shopping was always a bit tedious in his eyes. Though he recognized the need for it he never was one to care what he wore so long as it was comfortable enough. The gaudy colors of Komachi-dori were certainly nice to look at but he couldn’t see himself wearing it. He would have thought it was a poorly suggested place to shop for clothes if not for the fact that Sang actually seemed to be trying. Well he suggested it so he might as well put some effort in.

The sound of clothes shuffling could be heard as Sang fingered through a rack, “Think we should probably get clothes that help us move around in. Find anything you like, Nabi?” Gray eyes flitted up to find his cousin.

“Like for myself? Or like in general?”

Yourself,” Sang snorted a laugh.

“In that case… no. I think the last time I bought my own clothes was for Haneul’s graduation. It’s not like I’ve outgrown my clothes in the past ten years.”

Sang stared for a beat before saying what was not on his mind, “We can change stores or we can do that clothing montage that movies sometimes do where I grab you some clothes and throw them at you in the dressing room then laugh if it looks ridiculous.

Yun tilted his head at the suggestion. The store was fine probably? He reached out to feel at the fabric of the rack before him. It was good quality at least. He just needed to find something that was less scratchy. He could only barely stand uniform clothes and the tight polyester fabrics his sister kept trying to throw at him.

“Why did you want to try somewhere else? I’m not usually a fan of visual kei, the fabrics just scream overheating.”

He was going through rack after rack trying to find something that was a bit thinner than the thicker fabrics of faux fur. He would just look at the Yukata if not for the fact that they needed something closer to beach wear to round out their wardrobe.

“Mm, a bit dark for my tastes but I see some color ever here and there—“

Yun felt a shirt that might qualify and tossed it to Sang without looking too much at it.

“Here try this type.”

Sang caught it before looking at what was thrown at him. It was a sheer black button up that definitely showed skin with some bright blue flowers strewn across. He exclaimed into what almost sounded like he was going to say it was “cute” before clearing his throat. With a smile, he held it up in front of his face for Yun to see through, “As much as I actually enjoy this shirt, why don’t you try it? It seems super breathable!” He jiggled it a little in the air.

Yun let out a chuckle as he pulled out another silk shirt without the mesh. Instead it was a solid black with a gold chinese dragon print all over. He waved it to Sang before speaking.

“Nuh-uh I’ve got my own plans. Mesh isn’t usually my style anyways. We need some swim trunks too if we’re going to get anywhere near the water.”

You’re right. That dragon much better suits you.

Yun hadn’t made a plan to buy much. A few shirts, maybe a pair of shorts, swim trunks. He had more traditional clothes packed up along with his usual wear but they’d definitely need some necessities too. Tomomi might have said they would be set for the first few days but she didn’t trust that woman to know what was necessities with her carefree attitude.

“...Should probably hit up some lunch before going. Who knows what’s on the agenda.”

Sang was looking through some shorts at this point as he responded, “Mm, you’re probably right. If we get tossed into some action, we’ll be too hungry—ah, there we go.

Pulling out a pair of swim trunks that were black with white flowers and a pair of black jean shorts, Sang nodded, “I think I have plenty enough for now. I’m ready to go whenever you are.
Sang by ChopShopPar

Last edited:
Fuyoku, Kaida
Mentions: the twins (but I ain't tagging twice lmaoo) || Interactions: Ichi & Jun ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )

1629562888407.png
Kaida hadn’t been thinking straight today. She decided going to Kenchō-ji would give her time to clear her head and find some semblance of inner peace before she had to play ball with SEES. Though she had forgotten it was Valentine’s Day, the one day she should have remembered had people flocking to and from every establishment in Japan. And instead, she was stuck with watching couples float by her like they were caught in some love-hazed dream. Or kids shoving past to run to the newer parts of the temple. And just the general noise around her.

Kaida mindlessly browsed a series of ‘recommended’ articles on her phone, when a text came through. Bubbles. Yua. She never had it in her hard heart to erase that nickname for her.

"Hey, Kai. Hope you’re good. I’m back in Osaka if you want to..."

She swiped the notifcation away with her thumb, planning not to give it a second thought, until a second one came through.

"Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day! ☺️☺️💞"

Kaida rubbed her eye with a finger as she switched the screen off. The same texts she had gotten before. Everything seemed to be playing out like it had before, only, without her there in Osaka. She wondered if they were all better off without her there. She wondered if things might be...different this time. Even for her while she was gone. Kaida hadn’t really wrapped her head around this whole second chance/stint with the whole SEES thing. It was a sudden upheaval from her previous life - the life she was thrust back into. At least the gym said she could come back and work as a trainer whenever she wanted to, even when she described her new shady professional post.

They had been kind to her over the years. Too kind.

She pocketed her phone before heading further into the temple towards the shrine at the back. Kaida had gone digging in her bag, pulling out a candle she had bought earlier. A small one, probably a shitty one with the little yen she paid for it with, but it would do the job. It didn’t feel right coming to this shrine and not offering up something, not after the bullshit she already pulled. The girl wasn’t religious, and once, hadn’t believed in the notion of gods and demons and all those silly spirits. Their existence had already been proven to Kaida, and now, she found herself getting superstitious all of a sudden.

The only problem with making an offering was that she didn’t have a light on her. ‘Fuck. Shit, sorry, big guy,’ she corrected her cursing soon after. She’d just have to grab a light off one of the guys in front of her, who were grumbling insults to each other. When she got closer, one of them was trying to pelt the living daylights out of the other. She would have backed off and chosen not to get involved, had the bottle not gone flying towards her. Kaida ended up dropping the lone candle and catching the bottle in her hands before it could pelt her in the face.

Kaida paused, looking at the bottle, before her attention turned to what she assumed must have been two brothers. “Blockheads,” Kaida held the bottle by the lid’s end as if she was going to beat them silly with it herself. “What the fuck’s your problem? You’re gonna piss off the big guy and his friends around here off up there if you keep acting like that,” she warned. She wanted to apologise to Buddha again, though, wondered if he really gave a shit. At least she was trying to bring back peace here, right? Well, in her own special way...

Yuudai
Interaction: Aoi ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum )

F625C7FA-CD8B-48E9-A5E1-1D159FF64C30.jpegLost in thought, cigarette to his lips, Yuudai found himself standing on the beach as the chilly air rustled his long bleached blonde locks, his expression solemn.

Looking out among the gentle waves, he stuck his hands in his coat pockets. Today was Valentine’s Day and he already missed his sister’s insistence on giving chocolate to everyone she remotely liked. Hanabi would drag him around town to find their close Kyoudai. Ever since they took them in, she was always making sure they were taken care of.

Maybe it was a hope to be Anesan one day. They were also the only family they truly saw as family.

Today, that wasn’t happening, thanks to her condition, and left Yuudai wondering what the hell to even do. Sure, he had to be somewhere at 2, but they were taking advantage of—

His fists clenched in his pockets as the solemn expression turned into a scowl, smoke escaping his nose.

A screech took his attention away from his thoughts as a boy was bolting from the water. Yuudai was far enough away to not worry about getting soaked. He didn’t necessarily want to get wet today.

Time to move on. He turned to walk down the sandbar when his gaze found the squid stand— oh?

An eyebrow raised as he caught sight of the beauty ordering at the stand.

Tension momentarily released, he started heading in the direction, removing the cigarette from his lips and tossing it in one of the disposals the beach kept around.

A shame he wouldn’t make it in time to pay her tab, but maybe he could convince her to take a walk down the beach to kill some time?

Once close enough, Yuudai grinned at her, “Unless you want to get wet, I wouldn’t approach the rambunctious group behind me. Maybe we can take a nice stroll in the other direction?

Last edited:
The Die Is Cast

• Kamakura Mori Hotel

Omake Gif Anime - Musaigen no Phantom World - Episode 14 [BD OVA] - Innkeeper Troubled.gif
    The woman at the counter scanned the page she had for the name. Ember, room 207. She gestured down the hall with a bow.

“Room 207 Ma’am”

She looked like she was ready to slink back into place once she had spoken but a “tsk-tsk” from down the hall stopped her. A man in what looked like an odd robe covering more traditional clothing stepped out from one of the first rooms. Quickly the woman straightened up, folding her hands in place.

CasterMerlinStage2.jpg

“Kotone-san kindly aid Selene in preparing the rooms. She’s making a grand mess of things.”

"Yes, Suzuki-san"

The woman nodded before heading down the hall the man came out of. Now that she was gone it was clear he intended to block Ember’s path as he wouldn't move from the hallway path.

“So you’re one of the pipsqueaks Tomomi sent us huh? Good at least it's not some high schoolers they found this time around. Wouldn’t do well on my conscience. Not that you’re that much older by the looks of it. Fate shouldn’t have to rest on fowls.”

He said this as he brought one hand to his face resting its elbow on the other that crossed his body.

He reached into one of his pockets before throwing her a key.

“Catch pipsqueak”

Ember ( Pik Pik )

Last edited:
Ember Sapphire
c04cec54021832d7309c8c1b0517ba94.jpg

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
(Currently playing in earphones The Last Song Drakengard 3)

And just who is this samurai looking who looks like he just got out of a cosplay competition or maybe he's older than he looks and is actually a leader of some church or cult. "Suzuki-san hu? I don't suppose you're going to move out of my way any time soon are you?" Ember let the man go about his monolog by the looks of things he's properly given the same speech to many others similar to her that came before. "Pipsqueak hu do you normally go around calling your guests that? Well, I guess since you were so kind to give me a nickname ill give you one in return hmm." She looked him over pondering on what to call him. "I guess Mr fabulous cult leader has a nice ring to it. So Mr fabulous cult leader I'm getting the impression you don't like me and honestly after being called a child the feelings are mutual. Now, are you going to move out of the way so I can rest from my trip here before I have to go maybe kill myself in a couple of hours, or are you going to give some pointless lecture that the Hat Lady (Tomomi) put you up too. Fair warning whatever you have to say I don't care." The Key would bonk off her head as she goes to grab it guess ill have to train that dexterity a little bit.

b5c491e0df89dbc9c4b6d88ed822d090.png

Shin Abe

Saying the past year had been unexpected would be an understatement. All Shin wanted was to do well in school, go to a good college, and then have a successful career and happy life. Instead, some man with a long nose in his dreams decided it was him to stop the world from facing ruin or something. Like any sane person, despite all the times he would end up in that strange place with that strange man and be reminded of his responsibilities, Shin just brushed it off as another odd dream. That being said, he didn't mind seeing the man clad in blue during each visit.

It only came to a head when the foretold ruin actually took place. Shin only noticed the people who were abstaining from "earthly desires" like eating and sleeping once a majority of his town started doing so and eventually dying from it. That included his own parents. Soon enough, his hometown became a ghost town, save for himself. He did his best to stay alive with the amenities left behind by the other townspeople, but that could only happen for so long. Around the time almost all the perishables had gone bad and the nonperishables had run out, he woke up one day and everything was back as it should be.

He had been told it was a reset by a woman in his dreams the night before, but once again, he was unsure what was real and what wasn't. As he went about an average day for the first time in so long, he found himself shedding tears of joy as well as shame upon seeing his friends and family again. When the sun went down though, he felt that he didn't deserve to return home that night, especially after he had left everyone resigned to their fate just weeks before.

At eighteen, he was technically an adult, so it wasn't necessarily running away when he left his hometown, but having not even graduated high school, the young man had no skills to survive in the world. He ended up living on the streets and panhandling just to get some food in his stomach. He had assumed that would be his life for the foreseeable future, but fate had something else in store for him.

Men and women in suits approached him one day, speaking of upcoming ruin and anomalies, saying he had the potential to stop it. They spoke of a stipend and rent-free housing and asked if he would cooperate. It was a godsent for Shin, who had absolutely no other prospects currently, so of course he eagerly agreed to help. He was given a train ticket for Kamakura, for which he departed immediately.

Currently, as he made his way through the city streets to the location he was given, it was nearing about noon. He couldn't help but raise a brow as his dark eyes fell on the building that was set to be his destination. It was supposed to be a hotel, but looked like a regular office building. To make things stranger, he was told to enter through the side door and go through a souvenir shop. Shin did his best to avoid looking at any of the trinkets for sale, lest he end up deciding to spend his first paycheck on knick-knacks instead of food and clothing.

Once he arrived on the second floor, the black-haired man noticed a woman walking off down a hallway, leaving a girl who didn't look much older than him and a man in front of a desk. From what he could pick up of their conversation, it was apparent that their interaction wasn't going the most smoothly. The key bouncing off the blonde's head caused him to blink. If it wasn't for how gently the man tossed it, Shin would have assumed some sort of violent intentions from him. He still felt compelled to cut in though.

"Um... is everything okay here?" Despite interjecting in their conversation, he kept a physical distance from the two. He didn't remember the last time he had been able to bathe and didn't want to make a bad first impression.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik

Arayata Aoi

It was done, finally. The waft of the freshly grilled squid was nothing but inviting and just as she was about to take a bite, a man came up to her side. And while her music was in full blast, she could still make sense of what he was saying.

Should she entertain him for a bit? She was hoping for some alone time but... He seemed to be the stubborn type in her eyes. She took a bite of the squid and loving how it was cooked just right and flavorful too. "Oh don't worry, I don't plan on getting wet any time soon. I have places to be in an hour from now after all." She gestured to her motorbike that was parked not too far away from where they were at, a large bag and a rectangular case strapped at the back.

She thanked the vendor for the food before facing the man beside him. She'll call him "Eyepatch" for now.

"So, a stroll right?" She said with a flat tone and half-lidded eyes before taking another bite of the squid, her other hand on the pocket of her jacket. "Most people don't find me approachable, so this is unexpected." She then continued to walk away from the stall first, expecting him to catch up with her.

mention: || interaction: Taigakitt Taigakitt

• Screenshot 2021-08-19 182936.png
    Interacting With: Kaida ( Arcanist Arcanist )
    ~ Kenchō-ji ~
    Lotus || Ichirou’s CS File || Jun'ichi's CS File
    “What you a Buddhist or s’mth’ng?”

Quickly he aimed an elbow into the gut of his twin who didn’t seem to know when to shut up. He would have let out a laugh at the way he doubled over if not for the fact that he was left cleaning up his messes again hoping he hadn’t managed to offend the woman in front of them too much.

“Sorry Miss, my brother’s mouth seems to be only good for sticking his foot in. We greatly apologize for the bottle being thrown towards you and uh… disturbing the big guy?”

He let out a little half bow quickly trying to show sincerity while holding Ichi’s head down forcing him to do the same. He would have just kept his brother there longer but who knew how’d he’d act up from it, especially with the way he was already squirming out of his grasp.

“Let me go you horsesh- JUN”

Another love smack to the head put him back in his place.

“Like I said- We’re very sorry. I’m Amano Jun’ichi. This waste of space here is my brother, Amano Ichirou.”

He hoped he didn’t have to actually ask for a name back, especially because he’d rather not be beaten by his own water bottle from a woman he didn’t even know. He eyed the water bottle clearly ready to dodge if she started smacking. It wouldn’t even be the first fight he’d gotten into because of Ichirou this week.

The Die Is Cast

• Kamakura Mori Hotel

CasterMerlinStage2.jpg

He let out a little smile as she asked if he was going to move out of her way without budging his feet an inch. He let out a little huff of laughter as she called him by his new nickname.

“Mr. Fabulous cult leader huh? Has a nice ring to it but you can just call me Fabulous. As for your silly misconception, I don’t mind you at all, though I will say it’s rather tragic that baby fowls have to pick up such heavy burdens.”

He held it together as the key bonked off her head if only because he heard the footsteps of another. He took a glance and slid another key out of his pocket but not yet throwing it. He’d heard that the only ones he might need to worry about were the males. Apparently the women were more a danger to themselves and not others.

“Pacifying huh... So are you Amano 2 or Abe-san?”

He took a look at the clothing the boy wore and instantly could tell it was the meeker Abe-san. Tomomi had been terrible with names for them, but he wasn’t accepting anyone into his inn from SEES without some proper background knowledge.

“Judging by the attire Abe-san correct?”

He flung the key forwards aiming at the side of the male as if testing his reflexes.

Ember ( Pik Pik ) Shin ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )

Last edited:
b5c491e0df89dbc9c4b6d88ed822d090.png

Shin Abe

Although one of the names given by the white-haired man was his own, Shin raised an eyebrow at the other. "Amano... 2?" he muttered. When asked once again of his identity, his own graze drifted down to the ground as he felt the other's take in his appearance. "... yes," he said in a slightly dejected tone.

Though he was looking away, from the corner of his eye, the eighteen-year-old caught sight of the tossed key. His reflexes from his years of playing soccer kicked in as he leaned to the side to which the man had thrown it and caught it in both hands. He looked down into his palms to see exactly what the object was before looking back up at the man. "Are you the one who runs this inn?"

Interaction:
Suzuki ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )
Nearby: Ember ( Pik Pik )

Sang-Hun

1630525940200.png

A voice rang in Sang’s ear and grabbed his attention as he lowered the clothes he was carrying in his arms.

Looking in that direction, he caught sight of a person with fun hair. As they inspected them, Sang shifted his weight, recalling when Akemi would do similar things at times. She was the cause of his love for pastels.

When the shirt that Yun had thrown at him was pointed at, Sang lifted it slightly before looking at what he got to go with it. That wasn’t good? He still had a lot to learn apparently.

When skinny jeans were mentioned, he shrugged, “I don’t think skinny jeans work with the beach, considering how tight everything is. Imagine where the sand would go!

Though, the shopkeeper had a point. Skinny jeans would look better with them, but the shirt just screams beachwear to him.

When they mentioned Valentine’s Day, he frowned. “Not looking to celebrate Valentine’s this year. Though, more clothes couldn’t hurt. Have anything that is easy to move around in, like for running and gymnastics and what-have-you? I am particular to more bright colors.” Sang tried to move the conversation back to clothes, rather than dwelling on the Love Holiday.

He pointed with his thumb at Yun, “Nabi over there is pickier though. Good luck.” He couldn’t help but smirk lightly.
Interaction: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Yuudai

557B033A-B3AC-45CF-A742-331AF8EE8E60.jpegFalling in step beside her, Yuudai stuffed his hands in his pockets. A subtle way to show he wasn’t intending to get into any bubbles.

Looking in the direction of her bike, he nodded, “Unfortunately, I do as well. Ever do any stunts on your bike there?

As they walked away from the stall merchant, the man seemed to give Yuudai a strange look. Well, who wouldn’t at someone with fake-blonde hair and an eyepatch, wearing a suit at the beach?

As the woman said that his approach was unexpected, he shrugged, “I didn’t find you that way at all, dear. I see a gorgeous woman and fancy chatting with her.

Removing a hand from his pocket, he placed his fingers on his chest and bowed lightly, not skipping a beat in the sand, “Fuse Yuudai.

Interaction: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Ember Sapphire
Rachel.Gardner.full.2515177.jpg

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
(Currently playing in earphones The Days When My Mother Was There)

"Just because you like it I'm calling you culty instead. And there you go calling me a child again ill have you know I was a college student before this so despite being young I'm far from being a child." She would cross her arms in the annoyance of this man, she could tell he was holding back laughter judging by his face but held together do the new arrival in the room. Looks like she's going to be stuck in this convo longer now due to him being here. Turning her head she would get a good look at the boy, he looked like some generic anime protag or rival character probably really into sports too judging by his choice of attire, and whats this ugh smell when was the last time he bathed if there was anyone here who deserves to be called a kid its definitely him. Though he has some really good reflects by the looks of things maybe he really was involved in sports. "It should be easy to figure that out judging entry off his attire and by the fact the other workers listen to him don't you think Stinky."

Arayata Aoi

Aoi gave the man a look of question. Her right brow raised at him before saying, "Do I look like a bike exhibitionist to you?" Her tone, sarcastic as her eyes stays on her Harley-Davidson Softail. It was precious to her, the first thing she bought by herself with her money. "Besides, I'm not known for a biking career." She muttered under her breath as the laughter grew and the waves crashed to the shore.

The man continued talking and upon hearing the word "gorgeous" Aoi couldn't help but snort. "Oh, don't worry. I know I'm pretty, many people have said so before. I'm just not all rainbows and sunshine, cutesy, or the friendly kind of person." She took another bite out of her squid, loving the slight smokey taste from the charcoal grill.

She wasn't interested in knowing the man's name. From what she can see this was just a small conversation with a stranger she won't see again. But not giving hers would be rude. "Mochi- Ahem. Arayata, Aoi. The bow was kinda tacky by the way." She said to him, much too used to introducing herself with her father's name. She hates it.

"So, what are you doing here? Someone like you, dressed in a suit? I don't think you're here for a swim in the sea." She finished, taking the last bite of her squid. "Unless you're just here for the scenery like I am."

mention: || interaction: Taigakitt Taigakitt

The Die Is Cast

• Kamakura Mori Hotel

CasterMerlinStage2 (1).jpg

The kid just waved off the implications of them being talked about. Apathy? Maybe? That wouldn’t be the worst thing to deal with but it would still be a hindrance if these were who were entrusted with the world. He let out a sigh that went deep into his bones. He barely trusted Tomomi when the last problems had gone down in this town but even for her emotional outbursts and general rebellion, she was naively in love with life itself.

What would be the push and drive for these two?

For the first time in a long time, he wondered if the SRU had made a mistake.

“Now now before we go slinging names, why don’t we take a step back. I am the owner of this little establishment. The name’s Suzuki Tetsuya. Shadow Response Unit’s Reserve member. No I may not have one of your little gimmicky monoliths but if you know what's good for you you won’t be using them in the vicinity unless it's to fight shadows. Now that key, lucky for both of you SRU has deemed you both low-level threats. More a hazard to yourselves than society.”

He paused looking down at his clock. They were early. Had they even met with Tomomi yet?

“Awful, purely awful start. You little ankle-biters even explore the city you’ll be working out of? What are you going to be relying on a map and the goodwill of strangers?”

He kicked his leg up more actively blocking the hallway.

“So what's the story? If someone were to ask you why you were here what would you say? How do you plan to find the shadows let alone fight them?”

• 55576852_2499445423463364_1343035534724825088_o (1).jpg

Tags:
    Sang-Hun ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Sabine
    ~ Komachi-Dori ~
    Twister Final Remix || Yun-Seo's CS File

He really didn’t wind up selecting much, courtesy of his own picky nature, still he in no way appreciated being dragged for his own lack of items. He would have just ignored the girl if it wasn’t for the fact that she seemed to be the only shopkeeper for the store. He gave his cousin a side glance as if asking if they could just drop it and come back next time. Unfortunately, it seemed as though the girl wasn’t done yet.

Before long she was negotiating with them to just buy anything more… did the shop really do that poorly. He saw the glint in her eye and it reminded him a second of Akemi. Shit, he couldn’t do this.

“If we buy more shit will you just leave us alone?”

He threw some random articles of clothes in the pile intending to shove them at Sang once they were clear of the place. He threw his cousin a half grimace hoping it was clear that he wished nothing more than to leave. The rapid tapping of his feet certainly wasn't meant to be pissed off but with his general demeanor, it was harder to tell at this moment.

shin_abe.png

Shin Abe

Shin narrowed his eyes at the blonde. He felt a retort coming up and opened his mouth to say it but stopped when the girl referred to him as stinky. Sadly, that wasn't an insult he could deny, nor did he feel like explaining his situation to a stranger who had so far been less than polite.

"I didn't see him interacting with anyone but you..." he muttered softly in response. Thankfully, the inn's owner stepped in before any more unsavory words were said. Unfortunately though, his words weren't all too kind either.

He let out a sharp sigh before rattling off answers. "I was told to get settled in here before heading over to the temple. As for exploring the city, I assumed meeting a deadline took priority. In terms of fighting shadows, I was told there would be training. When it comes to finding them, you guys were easily able to find me, so I assume your methods are more than enough. As for why I'm here, it's because I was contracted by the SRU. If secrecy is a concern, I'll tell people I'm a college student working on an independent study.

"I do still have that deadline though,"
he said, "and I would like to get settled in and make myself presentable for it, so if you don't mind..." He tried to step around the man's extended leg.

Interactions: Ember ( Pik Pik ), Suzuki ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )

Ember Sapphire
Rachel.Gardner.full.2515177.jpg

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
(Currently playing in earphones Painful Feelings DQ9)

"Even so it should have been an easy assumption make, the way he presents himself is just p..." She would be stopped halfway through her argument as Culty stared his introduction all over again. She would watch as stinky answered his questions and try to seek right past him. Clearly, this was some sort of test from Culty, and going by his questions they likely already failed. This means all have to choose my responses very carefully it could affect my future after all. "Knowing my around the city would come with time even with the two hours I have I doubt id be able to see much of it may be a few areas but that's about it. I figured a simple rest to recharge from my trip here would be better worth my time than wasting my energy on some sightseeing. As for my cover story it would be the same as what I told my family back home I'm an independent artist who has been hired to scout out the area and draw out sketches for advertising of various companies both within and out of the city I even have been drawing up some rough sketches in my notebook to use as proof of my claim but these are mostly to be used on my family back home to keep them off my back. I figure with my background as an art student even if a prince detective were to look in on me this story would seem believable. As for finding the shadows, that question is vague it would obviously be a case by case basis Id expect the SRU would give information on any targets but I also understand there will be times where ill just have to figure it out on my own which would once again come with time and slowly learning my enemy." Ember would take a brief pause to recover from the tiring info dump she just provided. Then speck again this time a little more formally "Suzuki san if I'm not mistaken then the reason you ask us these questions is because one we already failed a test of sorts that you placed before us. And two you wanted to get a good read on our motivations for the task at hand, make no mistake I said at the beginning of that I do not care for what is going personally I've already deemed this mission as pointless and nothing more than a waste of time fate has already decided what is to happen to us after all. But regardless I am here to do a job and ill see to it that it gets done even this is nothing more than an excuse to run away from those I love." At those last words, her phone would once again buzz in her pocket and Ember wrapping her hand around it sadly.

Yuudai Fuse

1632347270209.pngAt Aoi’s question about if she looked like an exhibitionist, Yuudai shrugged lightly, “People can be surprising despite their appearances.” Like Hanabi.

He chuckled, “You don’t need the biking career to have fun.” He wondered if she took things pretty seriously. Just based on how she’s been responding, he doubted she liked to have much fun, more a ‘straight to business’ type, maybe?

At her confirmation of the compliment, Yuudai smirked. “Confidence looks good on a person.

His face fell slightly at the mention of his tacky bow. “Ah, the type without manners?” He unbuttoned one button from his button-up, revealing even more of his chest than he already was. “Then I might as well be more casual.

I’m here to avoid going to a meeting for as long as possible. I’m supposed to meet some bothersome people, much against my will.

Scary.

The voice definitely met Yuudai’s ears, but it wasn’t unfamiliar. It came from the cart they were walking away from. He stopped in his tracks and peeked back over his shoulder with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Ah, well, life on the streets can do that to a person. Be nice to that old man there, else you get an eyepatch like me.” Yuudai pointed at his eyepatch, where a hint of a scar could potentially be made out poking through the sides.

The Die Is Cast

• Kamakura Mori Hotel

CasterMerlinStage2 (1).jpg

He let out a huff at Shin’s answer. He was told to huh? He didn’t know if the kid was naive, a liar, or just that plain desperate for a place to crash. Tomomi had warned him beforehand this kid was green but it was looking more and more like a nuisance. He needed warriors not squires.

He let the girl talk and grew respect for both her backbone and her intellect. She was really just an art student huh? Well whether she believed in it or not so long as she got the job done he would have to accept it. The power to fight back against the unnatural was something ordinary humans could only fight to faintly grasp. Those who were given power had to be the conduits. He pointed at the girl from his spot blocking them getting into a more solid stance.

“You, now your thinking, as much as I don’t agree with it, I can respect. But him”

He snapped his hand to point at shin and a baton slid out from his wide sleeves. He grasped it with an ease that came from experience.

“You have such an attitude for a good for nothing. But then you already knew this didn’t you?”

The baton he held seemed to crackle with a blue energy that coated it.

“I tried to do this politely because Tomomi pleaded to let you come along, despite you knowing nothing. But Tetsuya-san he’s homeless. But Tetsuya-san, he has potential.. Bullshit. All I see is a coward who ran away from all of his responsibilities because it was easiest. Didn’t you know there’s children younger than you that will never have that potential.. Who still fights? What right do you think you have to be carried when entire towns have been slaughtered? Gone missing? People going mad in the streets and losing all civilization?”

He made a quick rush and smacked the crackling baton into the boy's shoulder. The hit wasn’t enough to break anything nor would the energy harm him if he didn’t have the potential Tomomi spoke of.

“Draw out your persona. NOW”

A threat. Fear. Injustice. All of these things and much more could be the trigger. If Tomomi wanted him to house this brat he needed to learn and quickly if he was going to get around the training gap the others had over him.

shin_abe.png

Shin Abe

Shin narrowed his eyes at the man's huff. What was his problem? Was he really working with Tomomi-san? It seems he was trying to be an obstacle in her instructions as opposed to helping them along.

When the innkeeper finally spoke, Tetsuya's words caused the brunet's brow to furrow. He was the one with the attitude problem? He and the blonde essentially gave the same answer, except she had added on that she would go sightseeing later to get the layout of the city. If anything, his tone was more pleasant than hers until the interrogation began and he had gone through the conversation so far without any name calling. On top of that, she outright said she had no heart for their mission, while Shin, despite not giving a passionate speech about the SRU, felt his desire to look presentable when meeting Tomomi-san and be there on time should have shown some investment.

The eighteen-year-old would have just turned around and walked out then but the baton the man drew put him into a defensive stance. "I didn't ask for those responsibilities...!" he said in a hushed but harsh voice. He couldn't argue with running away, but he didn't choose to have people's lives depend on him. There may have been people who were "blessed" fighting, but that was their choice. Why couldn't he make his own?

Shin tried to sidestep the rush from the man, but still felt the baton connect to his shoulder. Judging from the swing, it wasn't an extremely hard hit, but energy seemed through course from where the baton made contact, causing him to let out a pained yelp and throwing him to the floor.

Persona... Tomomi-san mentioned that word in their talks and presumably, it was something Shin himself had. Drawing it out though? What did that mean? "I... I don't know how to..." he said as he attempted to get back up to his feet.

Interactions: Tetsuya ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )
Nearby: Ember ( Pik Pik )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back