• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Akari Kishiri

Akari positively beamed when Morgana recreated Michelangelo's famous painting in the Sistine Chapel by pressing his paw up to his finger. "There you go..." He mused softly as Morgana then rubbed up against Akari's hand, more or less as the cat expert had said would happen. Since Morgana had welcomed Akari's attention, the young man decided to gently scratch behind his ears. Akari always did prefer cats over dogs, since like a feline, he preferred his personal space, and he had had far too many uncomfortable moments where a relative's dog would sprint up to him and invade his "personal bubble", even when he was told many times over that that was sometimes how dogs liked to greet people.

"Good kitty." Akari said as he slowly lifted his hand away from Morgana and back onto his lap to allow him more time to go interact with everyone else. He had noticed how Kaida did not receive anywhere near as warm of a reception from Morgana upon questioning his name, and wanted to say something to her, but didn't out of a desire to not insult her any further. After all, judging by how Akira had spoken to Morgana, it seemed the cat had already done just that in response to her remark.

Then, something clicked in Akari's mind. /Wait... Morgana could understand her potential insult? The... hell?/ Akari thought. Most cats, if not all of them, could not understand human speech to that capacity, let alone engage in what seemed like a conversation with his owner. Was Akira secretly a cat whisperer, or was there something else at play...?

Akari took his mind off of that thought for the time being and resumed eating his curry before it got cold. Once Takeshi put Phoenix Rangers Featherman R on, Akari's attention seemed to be magnetically attracted to the screen as he ate. Quickly pointing to the screen with his spoon, he stated with a semi-full mouth, "Oh, theesh epishodes. You can make modern Shee-G-I look shtunning, but you just can't beat the classhics. I think we have shome old tapesh at home that my dad held onto for a while. It'sh how I grew to like thish show when I wash little." Realizing he was talking with food still in his mouth, he quickly swallowed it and put his hand to his mouth, blushing and following up with, "Oh... sorry..." Akari then finished up his curry and wiped his mouth with his napkin. "Thanks for that. I'd be willing to come back here... when I have the spare time. Whoever made this curry clearly learned from a culinary expert."

Though he had not paid any mind to the other girl who had walked in when she did, Akari decided to do so now. He had heard rumors of a "shark girl" among the second-years, who had filed her teeth into points to make herself seem tougher. These rumors varied quite a bit, with some stating that she would literally bite people and others stating that she was actually rather reserved and shy. As Akari wasn't exactly normal himself, he knew what it was like to be different from the norm. If he had a chance to speak with her, he would, regardless of whether he was an upperclassman to her or not.

Mentions:
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Arcanist Arcanist (Indirect)
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer (Indirect)

Ezra Steinman:​

Ezra smirked. Kaida's habit of offending people apparently included animals. Akari on the other hand had gotten the cat to warm up to him. So cute. Ezra didn't know if Morgana could be any cuter if he got a bandana mask and tiny sword and became an adorable cat cat burglar. What would a cat cat burglar steal though? Probably shiny stuff and fish. That gave Ezra an idea. He turned to Kaida.
"See, Morgana's a smart cat, Kaida. You can't say stuff like that and expect him to like you. You've got to treat him right. Here, maybe if you give him a treat..."

Ezra began rummaging through his various pockets, coming up with some loose string, coins, a few receipts, several bags of snacks (which he quickly restashed), an extra pair of socks, and a copy of Shonen Jump with a knife hole in it, but managing to find a plastic bag with fish-based cat treats in it before he had to move on to the remaining 97% of the possessions stashed on him.
Opening the bag to let the smell of fish reach Morgana, Ezra handed the bag to Kaida, accidentally dropping a fish treat in her lap.
"Maybe you'll be able to get his forgiveness with a delicious treat. Plus it'll be good for you to try feeding somebody else for a change."

Remember what he'd been told the day before Ezra gives a dramatic sigh.
"Also my mother wants to know if you want to come over for dinner tomorrow because she wants someone outside the family to test a new recipe on. You do realize that if you keep mooching meals at my house people will talk, right? If you're not being fed right then-"

Ezra's attention is caught by Featherman coming on the TV.
"Ooh, I remember this one! Look, they're about to do the pose!"

Ezra begins singing along to the theme under his breath and waving his hands along. He didn't realize the video he'd filmed of Kaida eating was playing on his phone in his hand.

Mentioned or applicable reactions:
quadraxis201 quadraxis201
Arcanist Arcanist

Kaida Fujisato

Kaida’s attention returned to the present moment, noticing that Ezra had turned to her, and pointing out her methods of failure in befriending the feline. She stared out the side of her eye once Ezra had decided on teaching her how to befriend Morgana, though, found herself doing a double-take with the stash of items that he wormed out of his pockets. String, receipts - wait, was that a magazine with a knife wound? - until he eventually came up with a bag full of cat treat goodies. How the hell could he fit all of that in his pockets? Why did he have all of that in his pockets?? Just when Kaida thought she had that boy figured out, he managed to throw some other weird shit into the mix to confuse her more.

“Dude…” Kaida pinched the bag between two fingers, narrowing her eyes in something akin to disgust and...well, visible confusion. “I hope you aren’t getting these things mixed up with your snacks…” She meant it in good humour, though, she felt herself shivering at imagining Ezra accidentally munching on those fishy treats. Her prolonged thoughts on the rather disturbing image she conjured up distracted her enough not to notice the treat that fell into her lap.

The comment Ezra made hadn’t gone unnoticed, and before she could respond to it, Kaida was met with the offer of returning to Ezra’s humble abode to test out his mother’s cooking. She found herself drowning in pleasant memories of Silverman-san’s last dish. Honestly, she had only meant to appear at the Steinman residence as a one-off. Her first excuse was that she came to ask Ezra for help regarding her English studies - an excuse that Kaida distinctly remembered her fellow classman expressed both physical and vocal confusion at. In all honesty, she needed the aid - she butchered the language, if her grades and frequent embarrassments in trying to speak it in front of Ezra’s mother were anything to go by. Regardless, following his mother’s belief that a guest would never leave hungry, she managed to grab some of the woman’s heavenly homemade cooking. From there, she was hooked, and had a belt full of excuses every time she appeared.

The excuses, however, didn’t seem to rub off on Ezra quite so well. Kaida shuffled on the stool. “Who gives a shit what people say?” She almost crossed the boundary of snapping. You do. A voice inside whispered to her. If Kaida could have hid herself inside her jacket, she would have. The further assumptions he made didn’t put her at ease either. “Course I am. Can’t a friend just--?” Kaida was about to throw off another excuse about simply observing the culinary artistry of his mother, only to find his attention turned to that of the show Takeshi had switched over to. Phew. Saved by Featherman, it seemed...and not a sentence she ever thought she’d come up with.

Kaida eyes gravitated back to Ezra as he hummed away, though, she couldn’t help but notice a flash of blue across his phone screen as he had in his hand. She squinted at it for a moment, feeling she recognised the location, the hair, the...suddenly, the realisation kicked in, and she felt the heat rise to her head in a fit of anger. “You filmed me stuffing my face?!” Kaida was understandably incredulous at the action, but she didn’t quite understand being discreet or even somewhat less loud about it. “You creep! You better get rid of it or--forget it, give it here!”

Yuurei mouthed a small "thank you" when she was given her curry, putting away her work and started digging into the curry, each mouthful came with a grating sound of pointed teeth on metal "Ahh as delicious as ever, this place has the best curry. Now if only it wasn't so crowded today, it would have been perfect." Yuurei thought to herself, as she continued eating she heard Featherman come on, one of the more original series if she remembered correctly, however she willed herself to just eat and not join in on watching the show "I can watch at home alone without needing to talk to anyone here" She mumbled to herself.

As Yuurei put down the spoon, which the bowl and the back of consisted of many scratches, she pulled out her phone and checked the timetable for trains home. With a quick nod, she stood up, put the bowl, spoon and money on the counter and started walking away "Sorry about the spoon" She said simply before leaving the shop and started walking towards the train station around here as one of the girls started yelling about deleting a video "God, what could a bunch of people like them be doing in a place like that" She said quietly thinking aloud "Eh whatevs, not my business so why do I even care" Yuu continued as she waited for the train "You want to be friends." A little voice in the back of her head said to her which caused Yuu to scowl "No I don't, you know what happened last time I had friends." Another voice continued which she gave a slight nod in agreement to as she stepped on the train "Oh come on its been years, since we actually made friends, isn't it-" The first voice started before being interrupted "Oh shut up, friends are just going to backstab us the moment we're no longer useful, it happened last time and it'll happen again" The two small voices in her head continued to argue, as Yuurei waited to get off at her stop

Daisuke Kaminari
Daisuke said nothing after Morgana sniffed at his hand, thankful that he didn’t receive another cat scratch. He wordlessly ate his curry while everyone else seemed absorbed in their own conversation. There would be a time to get to know his foster brother and his friends...but it seemed now was not that time. He stood up from the bar after he was finished, and gave a respectful nod. “Thanks for the curry. It was really good.” He said with a smile. “It was a long trip...I might turn in for the night. It was wonderful meeting all of you.” He said with a smile, walking back up towards the stairs, on his way up to the attic.

Once he reached the attic, he flopped down onto the bed like a sack of lead weights. The feeling of isolation was overpowering....he closed his eyes and threw the blankets over his head, hoping that this was all some kind of bad dream...

Arcanist Arcanist
Gunnhildr Gunnhildr
quadraxis201 quadraxis201
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

Nari paid for her coffee realizing how short on funds she was she nursed the cup as she worked. As a transfer she would have to catch up in every subject to make sure she was with the class and not too far ahead. Luckily, the other students seemed to be paying her no real mind. Relaxing a bit she began her work. Her pen worked with precision and speed as it moved across her notebook pages. Physics, Astrophysics, Advanced English, Japanese Classic Lit, and World Civics were done before she thought to even look at the time. As she moved from subject to subject there was a musical chairs of a textbook, note book, and a syllabus. She had had every teacher mark on each syllabus where they were with the rest of the class and as promised, she was caught up by the next day.

From the outside she must have looked a bit odd, a stack of textbooks, a stack of notebooks, and a stack of papers, all untouched on her right. and open one of each in use in front of her, and a stack of each finished subject to her left, the coffee sitting somewhere nearly untouched among the controlled chaos. Within the hour she had all but forgotten that she was in a public space. She had tossed the blazer aside and undone the first button on her blouse for comfort, the sleeves pushed up over her elbows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back