• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona 5 Roleplay | Akeshu/Shuake

Favourite unintentionally iconic P5 moments:

• Proof of Justice’s sentiments versus animation quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

memento mori

remember; you will die.
Greetings.

If you know the material and you clicked this, you know what you’re in for. I know everything below is really niche, but, to get it out of the way, I’m looking for someone to play Akira opposite my Akechi. I’ve been in love with the Persona series for years, and these two haven’t left my brain since I played P5 vanilla. I want someone who is equally invested.

Also, if you’re anything like me and you use RPN’s search feature to find fandom ads and you happen to come across this post months later, let me tell you — I am always accepting.

Me

- Thirty-four. Been writing for a bit, but kinda rusty. I consider myself an amateur, still.
- LGBT/trans-friendly both irl and RP headcanon-wise. [I’m transmasc and very queer.]
- Typical ‘life things/work is more important than writing’ spiel. Let me know your schedule and I’ll share mine. I will normally tell you if I need time away to deal with life things. However, I tend to do 50-hour work-weeks and I am the primary caretaker to my ailing wife, so, if I ever seem vapid, it’s likely because my mind needs a break and I refuse to take one.
- I am not a rapid-fire RPer — that was back when I was a teenager/early-20’s. It’s closer to one or two replies a week, if my mental health is stable enough for it. I want to do more, but, until I can get a different job, this will have to be my limit.
- I consistently deliver lazy-lit/lit responses of 500-900 words. Intros are usually a fair bit more. Sometimes my muse whirrs out of control and you’ll get something longer out of me. But, I’ve been trying to keep to lower word-count posts so I can get them out more frequently.
- I tend to prefer making friends with my writing partner, but. It’s not necessary if my partner doesn’t want it. I get attached easily and overshare. ;; If you’re down for it, I’m a friend who genuinely wants to know about you. People are infinitely interesting to me.
- I write third-person, past/present tense.
- No writing limits, for the most part. I bow to your needs.
- Flexible with writing mediums — we can discuss through DMs. Though, I have a biased preference for Discord as it’s features help remind me of posts/easier access to OOC chatter.

NOTE: I suffer from a lot of mental health issues that make it hard for me to respond consistently. Some times I can respond a few times a week, some times it takes me a few weeks to respond. It also makes it hard to keep up with friendships. Please exude patience whenever possible. If I’m too often badgered for replies, I will ghost. I’m not trying to scare you or put you out — I’m just setting up my boundaries and giving fair warning that I am flighty, cagey, and constantly anxious. I don’t want or mean to be this way. Also, I try hard to not push my worries onto other people, so don’t fret — I’m not using you as a therapist. I like to believe my good outweighs my bad, and I prefer to be up-front about this, nowadays. I’ve lost too many good partners who didn’t understand going into it or I hurt by being the way I am. I’m trying to heal. I apologize for this hurdle in advance. If I look familiar/you want to try again to RP, by all means, send me a message.

You

- 25+ for comfort-sake. 21+ mandatory.
- Willing to write extremely dark themes with a sense of maturity and care.
- Mirror post-length, at the very least. Similar writing ideals/response times.
- Understanding of my mental illnesses enough that you’ll be patient with my replies and/or okay with checking in periodically.
- Willing to work with me in a plot. I don’t mind coming up with the bulk of it, but, it’s more fun when each partner has equal stake in the game.
- Alright with me being literally obsessed with these two. It’s brain-rot 24/7 over here. I’ll often share memes/playlists/mood-boards/art with my partner. I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be excited to find someone just as passionate as I am over them/Persona in general.

Petty Bullshit

- Akira Kurusu. Not Ren Amamiya. I’m sorry I’m picky about this.
- Have minimal knowledge of how Japan works…I don’t know how to explain this without sounding so out-of-my-mind petty. I enjoy incorporating the culture into my writing. As long as some effort is made, I’ll be happy.

Plotting

As a side note: I’m willing to play side characters when needed for the plot. A lot of why Persona works so well is the bonds of friendship throughout it. I can comfortably write anyone, but, we can hash that out when we get deeper into discussion.

Also, I’m genuinely looking for a long-term partner. Some of these plots are smaller, more situational RPs. They can either be one and done and we can be on our way, or, they can lead to us writing something more. If you’re really ready/excited for the long-haul and larger plots, we still might just do a smaller scene so we can see how we mesh/if we’re a good fit, personality-wise.

As for smaller plots, anything involving:

- First-time confession. Bonus points if they keep getting interrupted prior and/or misunderstandings happen after.
- What-if scenarios — Akechi goes to Hawaii with the Shujin kids, have to care for the other inflicted with a status ailment inside a Palace, Akira looks over Leblanc for the day, Akira finding out Akechi’s a Featherman fanboy and they mini-marathon in his room, etc.
- Hanahaki/hanakanjō/hanauso — gimme flowers and yearning.
- Yandere!Akechi. I mean. 🤷🏻‍♂️
- Pining. For the love of the Gods, pining.
- Something where they are fused with their Personas or “are” their Personas. Such as, Arséne with an Akira face/body. Same with Akechi and Loki. Having to deal with each other and their ‘Masters’. I have a whole…love rhombus in my head involving these that I can explain further, if there is interest.
- I am very, very picky about AUs that don’t take place within the canon. I can be convinced if you have a really interesting plot, but, for the most part, I don’t want to stray too far from the original media, since I love it so much.

Reunion: Akechi and Akira getting back in touch after the events of the game. Specifically Akira thinking that Akechi was dead, as he disappeared from the face of the planet. Likely a time-jump of 2-5 years. They have to work out their emotions after the life-changing events happened. Have to come to terms with things being different and their lives going ways they didn’t expect. Lots of rekindling feelings they long-since put to bed.

Accomplice: Something where Akira becomes convinced of Akechi’s mind-set and they lean deeper into the darker side of justice, to where Akira betrays his friends and the duo become vigilantes together. I need this to be done in a particular way for Akira to still feel in-character, but, it’s always been really intriguing to me and I think there could be a lot of fun character insight and growth.

Akechi’s Palace: Shortly after an alternate confrontation in the engine room, Akechi loses the ability to summon his Personas. He’s torn apart from his Shadow self and essentially has to face off against Akira in his own Palace. I like the idea of a “solo run” Palace. AKA — Akechi doesn’t view the rest of the PTs as worthy, so, Akira is the only one who is allowed inside. It falls on him to do it himself.

Akira’s Palace: I mean. We could do this. I feel like it might be a bit harder to go this route for it to logistically work. And, since I wouldn’t want to control what goes into Akira’s Palace, that would likely fall a lot on your imagination. Though, we can definitely come up with major plot-points together and I would do as much as I could to contribute/help with fleshing it out.

Shujin-Academy Akechi: Starting from the beginning of the game — they meet right off the bat. I want to play cat and mouse for longer/see what it would be like to entertain their rivalry/friendship for a longer span of time. Possibly to the point where Akechi would break down midway and he could have a different redemption arc. Similar to his: “if I had met you a few years earlier” remarks.

Also, if you have anything you’ve been dying to write that has similar vibes, feel free to pass it by me. I’m more than willing to experience other plots, and I like the idea of putting them through even more heartache and trauma and having to mend themselves once again. I’m really down for anything involving these two.

Beyond all this — if you’re still interested, shoot out a message on this post/PM me and we’ll see if we mesh/go on from there.

Please be ready to introduce yourself and go off on what part of the pair intrigues you/triggers you may have/what you’re looking for in a roleplay/whichever plots you are interested in/etc.

I look forward to writing with you! 🙇🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I had been debating this…and, perhaps I will edit this post in the future, but. Here is a starter I used in a previous roleplay for those who may be potentially interested to see my writing style/see if we mesh..!

Time did things to people that Akechi never knew could be possible -- until he experienced it himself. In the blink of an eye, it could shift and jar down different paths. Looking back was always something of a bother to him. To know so resolutely how your life was going to end...only to suddenly be able to muse upon the past and see how very opposite his life had traveled -- it was quite jarring and erratic.

And, that was a problem for him. He was always fond of thinking of himself as a rather methodical man.

Evenly pressed clothing. Perfect hair tied back in a loose ponytail. A toned body that suited him well to his image. Always neat -- always clean. Very little had changed since he was a child. He was careful in the way he presented himself, the way he held himself, and the way he lived. Unbeknownst to many who knew him, there were very few times he allowed that facade to shift. At least publicly.

When he was alone -- that was when Akechi would allow himself to falter. To break. Sometimes it came as uncontrollable shaking. Other times, he would weep. Though, not often. He found it to be quite the weak look. And, even more frequently than he would like to admit, Akechi found himself merely gazing out the window in his small apartment to stare off across the dappled sky -- mind racing. Yet, despite his loneliness, his lips kept back all the thoughts of nostalgia and yearning within. Kept from his own ears and from those who would listen.

Though, there weren’t many that existed who would care, he supposed.

This thought made him realize that he had been alone for quite a long time.

It read on his face. The way the light he used to hold hadn’t found itself in his eyes the way it did when he was a teenager. The vague furrow to his brow and the creased frown of his lips took a little longer to dissolve from his features when he tried to uphold his mask…

His personality didn’t fare that much better -- perhaps due to his newfound reality sinking into him. His refusal to speak the words he thought as he stared off at the sky meant his guard had built up that much stronger around him. That was usually enough to keep people away. If it weren’t for his good looks, he was sure he would see fewer smiles in his daily life. Honestly, they were unfamiliar and unwelcomed.

It didn’t help that none of those smiles were his.

But, Akechi also wasn’t someone that just allowed things to happen to him. He never fancied himself a victim, knowing full well he had a hand in the life he led previously. And, he knew he was the reason he was alone, now. Maybe it was that very same drive that caused him to follow the path that he did -- shifting away from the limelight -- drawing away from eyes that pried and attempted to know more than their fair share. Their want to know terrified him. And he would do all he could to keep them out.

Secrecy was something he had practiced in spades. It still came easily, even after making amends to himself that he wouldn’t hide away like he did in his previous life. But, it was all that he knew. It had gotten him this far...and change was much scarier than he could image.

But, something important was missing.

The ache he felt in his chest was hollow -- like bones rattling in a metal cage. It was sharp and jagged and painful to think about. There was an absolution to his life that felt stagnant. As if he couldn’t move on from the past -- not that he was surprised. But, when it finally became too much for him to bear...he did something about it.

Deep crimson eyes blinked.

The current sky — the one he watched, now...he would often wonder to himself if Akira watched that same sky.

His answer came quite quickly when he made his way back into the glamorous city of Tokyo — years after he had last resided there. It was here that the sighting of the young man his mind tormented him with took place. But, only once.

Akechi had trailed through the bustle of Shibuya -- down through the narrow and dark streets of Yongen-Jaya — to, likely, one of the most nostalgic spots for the former “detective”. Akechi didn’t dare step inside. Not yet. The ache was nearly too much for him. It felt as if something had gripped his heart, and was gently coaxing him toward the welcoming comfort of the cafe.

A moment of hesitation saved him -- as the door opened, and the terror that brought him so much grief stepped out.

Akira must have been preoccupied -- dazed at the dark cover of night -- as he hadn’t so much as tossed a glance toward the silhouette that lurked nearby. However, Akechi merely stared. Grey eyes peered down at his phone, and then up toward the sky, and within a few moments, his retreating back disappeared around the corner toward the station that would lead him further into the city. Akira looked like he had grown -- if only slightly. But, the wave of emotion that crashed into Akechi forced him violently back into the past, as if observing him from a previous time.

Akechi wouldn’t forget that moment. Not the way his heart wrenched. Or how he hadn’t even realized a gloved hand had flown to clap over his lips to keep him from speaking. Or the visceral meltdown that came moments later -- tearing away from the scene and near collapsing against the run-down washing machines just steps away.

It was the first time he had cried outside his apartment in a long time.

The damage he was dealt that night was clearly a sign of his untreated distress. And, as he always would, he forcibly scolded himself through repercussion and discipline. It came through practiced avoidance -- reestablishing himself by staking out his old hunting grounds -- and through his readmittance within the Metaverse. All things he kept to himself as he waited, patiently, for his heart to mend once more. He couldn’t allow his emotions to control him as raw as they did.

All things he dealt with, alone.

The move didn’t really do much except open old wounds.

He blinked again.

That memory was from nearly two years ago.

And now, he finds himself stronger suited than prior.

The sun was about to set -- the weather, tepid. Though, he wears what he always had. Still covered head to toe in neutral tones -- still sporting his lovingly worn gloves. Though, perhaps it would be noticeable that he wore his hair back. Or that he filled out a little more into the adult body he kept up with. What he wanted more than anything, however, was for Akira to be unable to detect the sadness that always seemed to follow in his eyes.

It wasn’t the second time he had been near Akira. Not that he ever strayed as close as he had that single night outside of Leblanc. Akechi had given himself plenty of close calls to ease his racing heart and mind. But now...he finally knew he would have the fortitude to withstand the presence of the man he hadn’t spoken to in years.

Maybe how he chose to go about this was malicious. Perhaps there could have been a gentler way to approach the situation. Though, he was never really one to deal with things softly. There was merit in perceiving him as a bastard -- that much, he could agree with.

With a drawn-in breath, he strides forward -- the outside of the shop was well-maintained and colourful. Scattered about were eclectic-looking plants. Ones that he surely had not seen in his lifetime. Though, he quickly muses to himself that he didn’t often have time to look at beautiful things like that. It was enticing in it’s visage and aroma. Unable to help himself, Akechi pauses briefly in front of a large display just outside the floral shop’s walls. A gloved hand reaches out and he pinches a large red and white mottled petal between his thumb and forefinger -- offering a wistful gaze upon the plant before he passes forward into the shop.

Stepping inside, the aroma only grows more heavy. It came with hints of sweetness and earth -- tones that tried to help pacify his quickening breath. Though, it causes his heart to miss the bitter and heavy fragrance of the coffee shop. Crimson scans around before settling on the outline of his target -- turned away -- tending to, what looked like, an arrangement he had already placed a fair amount of care into.

His breath did catch and hold, only momentarily, before he shifts his weight -- and he slips to lean against the countertop. He enjoys the quiet for just a moment -- eyes tracing along what part of Akira’s jawline he could see. He thanks the stars the shop seemingly didn’t have an entry charm, and for his light footedness. It gave him a small moment of reprieve.

“My apologies for stopping by like this…” His voice begins as confident as ever -- even and light in tone; familiar and haunting all in one. “However, if you’re not too terribly busy, I was wondering if you could assist me in creating a bouquet..?” His pulse ran -- thrumming throughout his veins in a way he never could have imagined.

Dark eyes pin themselves on the side of Akira’s features -- not faltering in the slightest for when he turned to give him his full attention. It was at that moment Akechi suddenly realizes he didn’t want to miss a single second of him -- a dear scent cut past the earth and sweetness — a smell so distinctly Akira it causes another tinge of ache in his heart.

And in that moment, Akechi realizes he wants anything but to be alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back