• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom persona 4: The creeping fog

TKolord

The Juiced up Junk Prototype
It's been 7 years since the events of persona 4 in Inaba. Peace and tranquility have returned. Or so everyone thought... The date is Monday, August 14th first day of school for students. A normal day until lunchtime when they were greeted with a face other than the principal. Atop on the school flag a body was skewered into the flag pole, a students body her blood coating most of the flagpole. Was this supposed to be the fate of inaba once again? Unfortunately for the group who caused this, an unaware group of students who go to Inaba high school will become the second saviors and delete the creeping fog once and for all.

It was quiet In the morning, The sun was still hiding behind the moonlit horizon Cyrus looked outside and admired the view. He stuck a thawed waffle in his mouth and began to put on his jacket, "That's Odd" He said to himself, "The temperature should be 30 degrees cooler about a month from now." He shrugged off his thoughts as he noticed the fog. It crept in without warning, covering Inaba in a peculiar blanket. He thought nothing of it and walked outside. A small robotic bird flew towards him and perched on his shoulder. He made his way to school stopping at the lake just to enjoy the view since he still had time left.

@Metaphysics @Evergreen98 @Karcen

(Only post once for now as an introduction while we wait for some members who aren't online as of this moment.)

Riku awoke to the sound of his alarm going off. He groggily attempted to turn it off without looking at it but missed it everytime. "Damn..." he said as he realized he'd have to look to do it. The sound of it was still ringing in his ears as he sat up and grabbed the clock. He flipped a switch on it to turn the alarm off. Riku yawned and stretched as he began to wake up finally.

He got out of bed and looked out his window. "What the..." he said as he gazed upon the streets of Inaba. "Fog?" There was a thick, ominous fog covering the streets. "I don't remember seeing anything about that in the forecast. Damn weathermen never get anything right." He groaned. He put his clothes on and grabbed his mp3 player and put in his headphones. He put on one of his favorite songs and walked downstairs to get some breakfast. After he finished eating, he realized his brother Shinji wasn't awake yet. He made him some breakfast then knocked on the wall near his room. "Shinji! Wake up! You're gonna be late for school!" He called to his brother. He heard Shinji groan and mumble something back then get up. Riku smiled then grabbed his bag.

He walked outside and, looking at the fog once more, he sighed. "I hope this clears up soon... it's really bringing me down.. not how I wanted to start my first day..." he remembered some of the events that made him transfer to Inaba in the first place then quickly shook his head to shake it off. "No... not gonna think about it... this is a fresh start.." he said to himself. He took a deep breath in and then stepped off his front door steps and into the fog.

Last edited by a moderator:
The velvet room. A place between dreams and reality. A room full of mysteries, where lies a long table where at the end the fool is sitting with a contract in front of her. The contract tells her to take responsibility for her action. She picks up the pen and signs her name 'Esther Rivers' then everything fades to black.

Esther opened her eyes as sunlight entered her room through her window. She sat up and yawned as she looked out the window 'what an odd dream...' She looked at the time and got out of bed. To get ready for school.

She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She yawned as she did so. She didn't rush like girls normally would, she had plenty of time to get ready. Once she freshened up, she wore her new uniform. She brushed her hair and grabbed her bag as she headed down stares.

Downstairs she saw a pink haired girl cooking breafast, it is her seven year old sister " morning Rena" the girl said with a yawn.. the girl looked behind " morning sis" Esther smiled and sat down. Her little sister served the food and sat down. "Itadakimas" the two said and started to eat. " ready for school?" Esther asked. Rena nodded " how about you?" "Yeah" Esther nodded and yawned. Her little sister giggled a little. Esther smiled. They talked as they ate. 10 minutes later they were done and the two got up and left for school.

Esther first dropped her little sister off at her school after giving some advise. Rena pouted " you worry too much" she said and giggled. Rena kissed her big sister's cheek and ran off into the school. Esther smiled and headed of to her own school. She wondered what the school is like, she yawned again and stretched " welp I'll find out when I get there..." she said as she continued to walk.

~♤~

"Oh jeez. . ." pink parted lips allowed out a little gasp before the following of a thumping heart, beating ever-so-more fast thanks to a wafting feeling of anxiousness.

Perhaps this was all truly one big over-reaction on her part. She woke up no later than her usual, and did not change direction nor routine in getting to school. And yet upon seeing the sky in the placement and fixture it was, as if it so perfectly set out this morning and delicately molded every cloud and color within it's rising palette, seemed to done on the highschooler as she looked up at what she could only label as a masterpiece.

Finally letting out a smuggled breath, Reiko snaked her hands down to her shoulder bag, trying to dig around and find her camera. She'd get scolded by her parents for this; bringing her camera to school was something they had frowned upon constantly advised- no told - her to not bring along to school. Not only was it of an expensive brand and they were not of a rich name, but Reiko had also apparently needed to learn to brush aside her obsession and impulse-like desire of wanting to take a picture of everything she saw beautiful. And honestly, it was as if her own two pair of eyes- blue and big and looking as if they saw more than what was truly there- were made so solely for an artistic purpose. Pure, bright, imaginative, and striven to find the beauty in even that of a post-war zone. She always wanted to try to capture such beauty, take what she saw through a picture, and paint it in the way she had seen fit, making sure to capture the beauty all else had failed to see. Every place surrounding her had it's essence, it's emotion, it's theme and meaning. Small things could call out to her and she could feel it so endearingly. She could keep in touch with nature and cradle it with care and show it justice with every stroke of the brush. . . yet despite that her parents kept worried. Perhaps she had some natural talent or perhaps she didn't have quite enough. Her parents were no art critiques and couldn't tell the good from the bad and they were bright enough to know that the world of art and photography was probable and dark when it came to the branch of success. They worried for her, obviously and wanted nothing more but a firm road ahead of hers that wouldn't magically close into a dead end. That's why they wanted her obsession to cease to nothing more to a mere enjoyable hobby. They wanted her to find more interests and keep her camera behind at home to lie waiting. She had so many more options and yet refusing to try to go after those or even so much as give them a hopeful though was selfish and obscure. They had grown strict on that much more so lately but Reiko didn't listen. . .

And honestly, right now, she couldn't even find herself to regret her acts of defiance. Not when right before her was a beautiful landscape that she was able to take a shot of to keep the memory intact forever.

C L I C K.

"It'll be pretty . . . " she muttered beneath her breath with a small yet rosy smile as she lowered her camera back down, a sigh of contentment leaving her. She just wanted to stare at it for a little bit longer. . or perhaps look around and find more beauties that nobody else in Inaba were looking for. Well. . perhaps. . there was this fog that blocked way of anything interesting on the surface. But maybe that too would create something nice. . .

Oh well. . .perhaps she had a handful of extra time before class would officially start.​

The sound of an alarm filled Kazumis room the nose loud and annoying. Kazumi walked over smiling already out of bed an hour before it had gone off, "gonna have to better than that you pesky thing" he said victoriously to the alarm clock. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and onto a towel. Kazumi had woken up like every other morning and started his early exercise routine before he had to get ready for school.

Letting out a sigh of happiness and slight exhaustion he grabbed his school uniform and went to take a shower. Walking out of his room Kazumi passed another room and knocked on the door and stuck his head in. "It's time for school emi, time to get up" he said peeking his head in. Inside was what you'd expect from middle school girls room posters plastered on the walls and such, in the middle was a big bed and a bundle of blankets that was wrapped up like a burrito.

The bundled burrito began to move a head peaking out,"there's no emi here only a talking bed which can not go to this said school" she said as she slipped her head back under the blankets. Kazumi sighed, "whatever you say, you better get your butt out of bed or I'm revoking your anime privileges" he said with a stern voice but he was truly joking. Instantly the bundle of blankets flew in the air revealing a tiny figure.

"Your so cruel how could you oni-chan" the tiny figure said her identical blue hair a huge mess. She looked at Kazumi with a hurt expression her silver eyes full of sadness. Kazumi just smiled, "It's my job now get ready for school emi" he said again laughing. He then went and took a quick shower to get rid of the aftermath of his work out.

After his shower he changed into his uniform and walked down to breakfast. Sitting there was emi her head hanging low stating she was falling asleep at the table. "You need to go to bed early and stop staying up to watch your shows" Kazumi sighed as emi opened her eyes and looked at him. She shook her head and are the food that was on the table. He sighed and grabbed something to eat.

Looking out the back sliding door he noticed a deep fog was surrounding the house. "Remember to be careful on your walk to school " he said to emi pointing towards the fog. Emi looked over and looked at the fog, "why can't you with me like normal" she said pouting. Shaking his head Kazumi explained, "I got to talk to some team members before class I can't be late besides I trust you'll be able to find your way" he said smiling.

Emi smiled happily and continued eating Kazumi doing the same. After they finished eating they opened the front door and headed toward their schools.

from the legendary Shiro Okami

Toru’s day had started the same as most days, carrying his blacked out mother to her, bed from the couch. She was like this almost every other day, though while most would call that horrible, Toru had to admit it was an improvement, she now made it to the couch, when she used to only make it to the doorway before passing out. Over the past three years they had both been getting better, she had begun to drink less, though she still was a drunk, Toru was sure eventually she would find a better schedule, or quit entirely.

Normally he would have waited, for her to wake up or actually wake her up himself, so he could make sure she would eat something in the morning, but he had to go back to school again another year of high school, he didn’t really hate school, though he really didn’t interact much with others, as most got fed up with being unable to read his emotions and left him alone, well except his anger, it came through loud and clear, giving him a reputation that wasn’t exactly good. It didn’t bother him to much he had gotten over it, or at least he was fairly sure he had gotten over it. Still Toru made breakfast and put his mothers portion in the fridge, and left a note on the door.

The town outside his home was covered in fog, though the fog itself seemed to be unnaturally thick clinging to every part of Toru and making him feel sticky. There had been a time that the fog had been this thick before and during that time strange things had happened, though there had been seven years of near silence so whatever had caused all that strangeness had left with the fog. Still Toru knew correlation did not equal causation so this was no signal of strange things it was merely happen stance. There was nothing to worry about for Toru anyways he had only himself and his mother and she would be the only person he would have to worry about as despite her getting better and being sober more and more often even getting a job, still she would be the venerable person in their two person family should someone decide to target them.

Toru shook his head slightly he didn't need to think about such things, there was no reason to worry. Right now he just needed to focus on school and his life there and after he got out. The fog of course made walking a bit of a dangerous affair as it made it hard to see or be seen by cars leading to more than few near accidents, but Toru was lucky enough to get out of the way with little more than a honk for his trouble.

In her home in Inaba, Riley groggily woke up from her sleep. It was almost instinct to greet her parents every morning but she was all alone. "Right...I keep forgetting." She mumbled as she slow rolled off of her bed and set her feet upon the floor. "I'm all alone here in here..." She added as she slowly stumbled into the kitchen and made her breakfast.

It was small and simple. Eggs and toast. She turned on the television while she was eating. There was nothing of note to her so she changed the channels a bit before turning it off. She finished her breakfast and went off to take a quick shower and changed her clothes afterwards. She then started to walk to the school with a small smile on her face.

Tetsuo rolled over and slapped his alarm clock off, grumbling grumpily as he fell out of bed and meandered to the shower. He slowly washed himself and contemplated not even showing up to school today. "Nahhhhh, then people would ask too many questions..." he resolved, switching off the water and drying off.

He was downstairs within a few minutes, his school uniform somewhat straight as he just popped a piece of toast into his mouth. "And the fog is here, too..." he muttered. "Great, count on me being out cold for class..." He sighed and grabbed his backpack, heading outside and down the street to school.

Jasper rounded the corner of the sleek metal wall and checked the area. All clear. He was wearing a tight suit made of some plastic feeling material. The design on it was the sun with an insane grin on its face. The clouds around it were crying. His hand bore a weapon. It was a large rifle. A shadowy creature launched at him. Jasper pulled the trigger on the gun and a green bolt of light zipped straight through the creature, it dissappearing. A few more came and he gave them the same treatment. Jasper opened up a small compartment in the gun and pulled out a clear cylinder which was empty. He tossed it away and got a cylinder from his tool belt. It was filled with a green liquid. He put it in the compartment and closed it. He fought off the creatures until he reached a ponderous door. Jasper typed in the code and they slid open. A pedestal stood in the middle of a room full of treasure. Before her could get a good look at it, a creature ambushed him a crawled into his mouth.

Jasper's eyes hammered open. He was underwater. His head flew up as he spit out water, catching his breath. He looked at his surroundings. "Aaaaand I fell asleep in the bathtub." He laughed. Jasper drained the water out and dried himself with a towel. He looked at the clock and noticed he was late. "Oh! Shit!" He dashed out the bathroom door and to his bedroom. He threw on red boxers with jean shorts, a t-shirt with a phoenix on it, and his red tennis shoes. Jasper grabbed his knapsack. And dashed out the door. He didn't notice the fog until he tripped and fell, face landing in the mud. He looked up. "What's all this fog? This wasn't predicted by that weather dude." Jasper just shrugged his shoulders and started running again. "I'll wash the mud off at school."

Cyrus' eyes looked around the faded sky, this fog was thick enough to eliminate any chance of sunlight for a few hours. He could feel the wind wrapping around his jacket. It wasn't cold but it was more eerie than normal. He walked over to the pier of the lake and stood over the edge. Leaning over he took a penny and dropped it into the water, he stood back up as he looked over the lake.

"Hi mom and dad, it's my first day of school. Still no friends but im not really surprised at that. The weather has been really weird lately, and I just have a weird feeling about it. Don't worry I'll be safe and I'll visit again later to tell you how my day went, I miss you guys."

After he finished speaking his eyes went back to staring off into the sky, "maybe I'll just stay a little longer."

Last edited by a moderator:
Esther yawned a little as she looked around ' it's very foggy....' She thought as continued her walk to school. She was glad that dropped her sister off and did let go to school alone. 'She could have gotten attacked or something...' She yawned again. The fog was giving off an errie feeling . She looked up at the sky. She has this feeling that something going to happen soon. "The fool...." she muttered without thinking and didn't notice.

She looked at the sky again as it looked like it's going to rain ' what is this feeling?' She thought not understanding this feeling that has been bothering her for a while now. She then looked behind feeling a presence, but saw no one "hm...." she turned around and continued to walk to her school at her own pace and wondering what kind of people she will meet at her new school.

~♤~

Riku looked around at the street while he continued his walk to school. He looked at the ground in front of him briefly, noticing the pavement was slightly wet. Looking up, he saw the fog once again. 'What is it with this fog?' He thought to himself as he sighed. He wondered why it was giving him such an uneasy feeling, the fact that there were surprisingly few people around, aside from the occasional student, only added to it. He wondered why his thoughts kept coming back to it, it was just fog after all...

Deciding to end that trail of thought, Riku began to wonder what the school would be like. What kind of people went there? What are the teachers like? What kind of clubs should he join? These thoughts began to fill his mind as he kept walking. He stopped for a moment to look at a tree that was next to the path he was walking, the dew that had formed on the leaves was slowly dripping off in some places. He didn't know why it interested him so he kept on, though at a slightly more laid back pace than before.

Looking at the sky, he wondered if he should've brought an umbrella with him. As there was nothing he could about it at this point, he ignored the idea deciding his jacket would have to suffice for now. Noticing the thickness of the fog once more, he began to wonder if he should've stayed and waited to walk with Shinji to school. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his unremarkable list of contacts until he found his brother. "Call me if anything weird happens... ok?" He waited for a reply for a moment then as he went to put his phone back in his pocket it vibrated. "Yeah, ok I will. See ya at home." Shinji's message said. "Yeah see ya." He slid his phone into his pocket and continued on. It wasn't a long conversation and he knew his brother probably would've called him anyways, but he wanted to make sure. Sticking his hands in his pockets, he looked at the sky again for a moment. He sighed and began to walk once again. "Shouldn't be much farther now..."

Walking along the rode Kazumi was surprised in a way by how barren the streets seemed to be right now. Normally there'd be some students heading off the school going the same way but as of this moment he was the only one. He wondered if it was because of this heavy fog that surrounded everything and made it hard to see. As far as Kazumi could remember it's been awhile sense it's ever fogged up this bad in inaba which just made it feel unsettling as he continued to walk. Still he couldn't be late for school as it wouldn't look good to be absent when the team coach needed him.

After sometime his mind shifted over to what was going to happen at school today putting the fog out of his mind for now. Lost in thought he was finally brought back when Kazumi finally noticed students walking through the thick fog. Looking at them he wasn't sure he recognized the students so he decided to stay silent for now they were probably lost in thought themselves trying to find their own way through this strange fog. Though hard to see Kazumi couldn't help but start to think that he was nearing the school.

"Is the fog thicker than usual or what...?" Tetsuo thought out loud, trudging down the empty street and turning at the corner. "It seems like everyone's vanished or something..."

Tetsuo checked his phone and sighed in annoyance, picking up his pace and starting to jog down the street. "Dammit, this fog is gonna be the end of me. Can't see anything to save my life!"

Toru arrived at the school despite the fog seemingly trying it's very best to stop him for getting anywhere, but he did. The school itself seemed a bit empty no doubt because of the fog and how it was keeping people from getting anywhere. Still Toru didn't mind he didn't want other people around him he liked to be alone more than being surrounded chit chatting people, they were annoying. Still this fog was just so think so there might be more people than Toru saw as the fog was so unnaturally thick it was hard to make out people in fact the only way to tell where the school was had been to look up where the fog was thinner. Still he had made it and he would have time to get ready and comfortable in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back