• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Perihelion (Idea Pitch!)

Are you likely to join a this RP?

• Yes, I'm thoroughly intrigued!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's not really in my taste.

• Possibly. I'll have to see what else I have going on.

• Total voters

Thysnia

Peanut Butter Bandit
Perihelion is the title of a novel I have recently begun to write, and I am hoping to start up an engaging role-play centered around its plot. Although characters and events within this role-play will not be directly mirrored in the novel, it will greatly influence the story's finer details. Following is a synopsis of the story line; after reading, please vote either positively or negatively according to your interest.

"As the once vibrant and teaming planet of Xiphios is being violently pulled apart from an unidentified entity, the people of this world have developed an astonishing adaptation- the instincts and inhibitions of wild creatures. At the moment of their births, children are granted these spirits by the stars they are born beneath, an unprecedented phenomenon that occurs to make up for the deteriorating state of the human soul. These spirits become more and more dominant the more trauma a person endures, and in due time one can phase between human and animal form at will.

It has long been spoken that thousands of years ago, the soul of one boy was interrupted by a cosmic visitor that sweeps by every half a century- Comet Infiora. The stories of this cometary spirit have echoed across the millennia and have gradually gained intensity the more grim the circumstances on Xiphios became. Now, the entirety of Xiphios looks to this one soul as their god, proclaiming his life had been sustained by that of Infiora whilst he witnessed civilizations rise and fall.

My name is Gareara. Unfortunately, I live right next door to Eubashner City, which is probably the greatest example of how absolutely doomed our future here looks. Most of the large towers have toppled over by now. The heavy seismic activity in this reason also destroyed my livelihood and most of my family, and I have been seeking solace ever since. It is much easier to accept the fate of our planet than buy into the cheesy legend that the cometary spirit just might be able to save us, but for the sake of those I have watched perish I have to take this scenario with a little more weight. There are those out there with connections to the Cometary One if he does truly exist, and I am not the type to sit back and pray for tomorrow.

I'll seize it."

For the sake of a pliable story, I will leave the form nice and airy. To tie up a couple of loose ends, species on Xiphios reflect those on Earth, but aren't restricted to the color palettes and anatomy of them. Mythical creatures and extinct species are welcomed, but obviously must remain inside reasonable and MORTAL bounds. On one other note, the cometary role is off limits to players for the time being. If I collect enough interest and this roleplay progresses well, his character will become available and I will probably choose a worthy player if he or she is interested in the part.

So, place your vote and throw feedback at me. There are deeper details to this plot than I have included here, and upon request I will provide those. For now, I want players to have a say so in what is actually happening here, as it should be.

I like the spirit animal idea, it sounds like old Native American folk tales. ( ^_^ )

What would you consider beyond "mortal" bounds for the abilities of the spirit animals/creatures?

Also what time period, relative to ours, would this story be taking place? Would it be modern times or older times?

I'm interested to say the least! \(^-^)/

That just means no insanely overwhelming creatures with superpowers. They don't have abilities outside those found in real life, with the exception of the Cometary One.

Can we have umm... more peculiar creatures? Like not just a plain wolf or pretty much every animal we can see today? Can we get creative with those?

Oh! Time period, since I forgot. Think pre-industrial revolution, but you can imagine steampunk-esque appearances and fashion.

Since there is some interest, I'll go ahead and put it together. I just didn't want it to sit and collect dust while I wondered if anyone would pick it up.

I hate sudden RP deaths...

Most irritating thing aside from people waiting for someone who's not going to show up.

I began my role-playing adventures on Gaia Online, where creative and literate writing was scarce. These days, it's nonexistent, so I gave up.

Oh, I started on ChickenSmoothie, then everyone became jerks and ignored me so after a few years I got pulled into RPNation xD

This sounds very interesting ;u; A question though - would we make up our own spirit animal star thing that no one really knows about and we figure out personalities as we go or would you have set ones that we would choose from? Just like, y'know, make up a star name and its animal or have a more set thing? Either way would be fine - I just think that the set ones could be very helpful in interaction between characters. Y'know, a certain star or animal could be considered dangerous or vicious or be looked down upon, drawing for more character development.

So, what would happen is, we would pick our animals we wanted, figure out a star name, and everyone would already know it from tales spread and lore. Then like, we pick out the personality/traits usually associated with that star, and again, everyone would know it.

Like I said, this idea just totally popped up in my head so if it's not what you're looking for don't hesitate to disagree. Either way I'm interested.

No, it'll be totally up to you what spirit you have, and the stars are mostly just the source of their spirit. They likely won't have any place in the story other than that, so names aren't really necessary.

[QUOTE="The Doorman]I hate sudden RP deaths...
Most irritating thing aside from people waiting for someone who's not going to show up.

[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

On another note: I'd like to join this to rebound from scrapping a RP.

I'll have it ready in the next couple of days. I am working double shifts both today and tomorrow, so I doubt I'll get it together until after those are over.

In the mean time, feel free to check out the other RP I have already opened up, Exoprism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back