• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Percy Jackson RP

Camp Half Blood

Another year at camp passed by peacefully, or as peacefully as you can expect from a camp full of teenagers. Between capture the flag and all the war games there seems to be something stirring at Camp Half Blood.

The grass is a little duller. The strawberries a little less sweet. Will the campers be able to find out what's going on before it's too late?

GM @LittleShenanigans & @ShurikenPhoenix

Last edited by a moderator:
Camp Half Blood Chapter 1: Camp's a Little Weird Today

Another summer at camp has begun. Chiron watched with a sigh as the droves of campers, new and old enter through the camp gates with a quick greeting from Argus. Chiron knew he should be happy to see the campers, but the ominous feeling that something bad was about to happen would not leave the back of his mind. For now, however, it was simply time to greet campers and get a game of Capture the Flag going. After all, none of the gods had mentioned anything to be wary of...

Callie Fernandez

Callie watched from the door of Apollo cabin as campers surged through the gates. Some she knew, others she didn't, which was surprising since she had lived there for so long and was quite the social butterfly. It had been a while since anything particularly dramatic had happened at camp, not since Gaea attempted to rise...Well a few campers had been given quests by their godly parents, but mostly it was pretty quiet.

That was perfectly fine with her. She now had extra time to not be killed by monsters. That was always great! After a moment of simply watching campers, she decided to stand by the gates and greet people, since she figured Argus was a pretty alarming sight to those not used to him.

Vianca walked around the camp, clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth to try to find boundaries around her. Yes, it is fitting that the daughter of justice is blind because justice is blind, but it's quite annoying for Vianca. She's currently listening to The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court. It's the fourth time she's listened to it, but it's a harder book for her. Sometimes the words just turn into one long drone and she has to rewind it. She trips over a rock and stands back up, hoping no one saw her. She doesn't like making an ass out of herself like that. She still hates being blind. She finds where she is, which is actually rather close to Talia's tree. Vianca sighs to herself. First day of official camp. She came about two months ago and was put into Hermes' Cabin. Best part of the Hermes cabin- there's no good part to the Hermes cabin. It's loud, cramped, and not her favorite place. Her favorite place is a quiet place, and she rarely gets that. She rewinds the chapter. She lost track of the words again.

"Listen spider. Unless you're in the mood for death and/or nightmares beyond your wildest spidery dreams, I suggest you pack your webbing and go." Raven growled at the tiny being. The eight legged creature seemed to somehow understand, frantically crawling away from her bed and further into the Hades cabin. At least it would set up in a different corner.

Raven didn't really mind spiders. She wasn't scared of them or anything, she just didn't share well. And spiders were extremely intrusive arachnids that enjoyed forcefully sharing space with campers. Besides, they had too many legs. Nothing needs that many legs.

Pulling the blanket over her bed in a half-hearted attempt to hide the mass of stolen pillows (From the campers that had gone home for the semester), underneath, the daughter of Hades exited her cabin and went to go watch the arriving half-bloods stream down the hill. She wondered how many of them she would crush utterly in Capture the Flag later.

Walter blinked when he heard all the noises outside. He put down his book and rubbed his eyes, ready for whatever the day brought. Well, not completely ready but he'll try to be. But right now, he guessed the campers have arrived. Looking outside made his suspicions get confirmed. A crowd of demigods had arrived. Oh, the joy. No more peace. Camp was so quiet lately since not much have stayed. He wished he could leave for any other reason but school, but he had no one outside of camp besides his hateful aunt. And he decided to stay away from her. That woman was creepy.

He stretched his muscles and put on a jacket that he really didn't need. When he opened the door and stepped out, he expected it to be hard to walk or get anywhere, but it was easy. He looked around, searching for any familiar faces.

Alec Frye

Alec groaned as he sat up. His hair messy and his eyes practically glued shut with sleep. "Oh my god I'm blind!!" he thought to himself, trying to look around with his eyes still closed. After the slight internal panic he realized that his eyes were closed. "Oh..." he said out loud and rubbed the sleep from his eyes before stretching out, hearing his shoulders pop. Alec groaned with relief before getting up and pulling his clothes. It was the day the campers were coming back. And they were going to have a game of capture the flag today. "This is gonna be sick!" He thought to himself excitedly, walking to the front of the cabin, almost stepping on a spider which was frantically making it's way to the back of the cabin. "Well it looks like Raven is awake." He chuckled to himself grabbing his sword on the way out of cabin 13. He felt the wind change a little. It was surprisingly cold for a normal day at camp.

Callie Fernandez

Callie continued greeting newbies until she spotted a few of the year round campers emerging to watch the newcomers arrived. She didn't know any of them particularly well, but as always she shot them all a smile and a wave. There weren't too many of them really. A lot less people were year round campers these days, and so camp got awfully quiet.

Callie hated when it was too quiet at camp and so she was grateful for the sudden stream of noise. Capture the Flag was going to be tonight and she would have to acquire allies. It was time for action. Her mission was underway!

Straying away from the newcomers, she navigated her way toward the year rounders, trying to decide who would be a good ally...preferably all of them, but then again, somebody had to be on red team.

She smiled when she noticed that nearly all of the campers were conveniently close together, which made her job a whole lot easier.

"Hey guys," she called as she walked over, "Any of you guys playing Capture the Flag today? Blue team could always use members...ones that don't use the chaos of the game as an opportunity to steal your stuff I mean," she grinned, her gaze sweeping all of them. She decided it would be prudent to introduce herself, since she had never met any of them. "I'm Callie by the way."

@Quiet Is Violent @KaiaWolf @DuskerTem @LittleShenanigans

Vianca takes out her earphones and clicks her tongue a couple of times, finding Callie. Viance shakes her hand. "I'm Vianca. You can call me Vivi if you wish." Vianca clicks her tongue again. "I would love to be on your team. Although, I must warn you, I'm not going to be the most mobile asset." Vianca smiled, and she could feel that it was slightly crooked.

Vianca knows she is in an open area, but she doesn't know exactly which or how far she is from her cabin. "Um, awkward question, but where am I? Like, what part of camp?" She blushes deeply. She hates being blind. She has to ask awkward questions like this all the time. Her sense of hearing only goes as far as she can tell when there is something just near her.

Callie Fernandez

Callie smiled a warm smile at Vianca and, realising quickly that the girl was sightless, she placed her hand in hers to shake. "It's nice to meet you, Vianca. Right now you are near Thalia's pine tree just near the gates to camp. Do you need any help getting anywhere?"

Calle was always ready to help people. It was kind of like a drug to her, doing good deeds. It was then she noticed how chilly it seemed to be in the air. A fact that struck her as odd considering it was always warm and sunny at camp. Something to do with the invisible protective bubble around the place or something.

@Quiet Is Violent

Vianca smiles. "Thalia's pine. Oh, that means I am rather close to the cabins." When Vianca feels Callie put her hand in Vianca's, her blush deepens. She missed Callie's hand. How embarrassing! Vianca shakes Callie's hand softly.

Vianca doesn't notice the chilly air. The weather never really effected her. She always had something more important on her mind. Like the audiobook she left running. She's going to have to rewind the chapter again. This frustrates her but she doesn't let it show. Her audiobook is less important than making friends. Okay, well, according to the law, that isn't true. Education is valued over assimilation. But that isn't important right now. No, that isn't true, the law is always important. And now she lost track of what is going on around her. Vianca clicks her tongue and gathers information before blinking away the train of thoughts she had.

Callie Fernandez

Callie watched as Vianca clicked her tongue, figuring out her location. Callie found it fascinating. It was called echo location or something of the sort and she wondered how a blind demigod had survived so long. It was simply amazing.

"So uh, which cabin are you from? I could help you find your way, if you like....not that you probably need my help." She smiled as she let go of the girl's hand and looked around at the cabins.

It used to be shaped like a 'U' but ever since the newest eight cabins had been added it now resembled a horse shoe or an omega symbol. Her cabin was Apollo cabiin. Not exactly easy on the eyes.

"I'm in Hermes. They didn't build a Dike cabin." Vianca thought for a moment. She could stumble around and eventually find her cabin and make an ass out of herself, or she could accept help. Well, what would the court do? If a witness doesn't understand or is unfit for questioning, they get a translator or help for that witness. So she should do what the law does and accept help. "You wouldn't mind? Helping me get to my cabin?" She asks softly, still hating her predicament. It would be so much better for her if she didn't hate asking for help, but she did, and that was partially why her life was so hard.

Callie Fernandez

Callie nodded and linked arms with the girl, not minding one bit. "Sure I don't mind at all. I love helping people out. So you're stuck with the Stoll twins huh? I guess that's not so bad. I lived there for a while before I was claimed. Granted a while was like three years and I kind of just learned how to beat them at their own game." She chuckled as she started toward Hermes cabin.

"You're lucky it's not as crowded as it was before more cabins were added. Perhaps someday cabin nine will build a Dike cabin."

Jane woke obscenely early that day. As in, the sun hadn't even rose yet, early. She knew she should get more sleep, especially since many more campers would be arriving later in the day, meaning that an energy-packed game of Capture the Flag would follow, but her eyes, unfortunately, were unable to reseal themselves into a deep slumber. The day was calling. Jane quietly slipped out of bed, laced up her sneakers, and darted out of cabin 16. She sprinted until she got a fair distance away from the cabins, then slowly transitioned into a light jog. She laced her way in through the shallower regions of the forest (making sure not to wake any slumbering creatures), slowing to a walk occasionally to breathe in the pure air. Jane enjoyed running because it reminded her of simpler times, times before knowing she was a demigod and all that, and also because she liked to think that the air she breathed was connected to the outside world, and therefor, to her father.

By the time she returned to the cabins, more people were up and about, and the sun's rays were mostly done with their shy creep up from the horizon. She started back towards her cabin when she felt a cold wisp brush her legs. Startled, Jane looked down. Huh. Must be just the air. It's already pretty humid though. Jane walked back towards her cabin to shower and change. Coming back out, Jane saw that nice girl, Callie, and that new girl, Vianca walking together. Vianca honestly amazed Jane. Despite being blind, she'd survived the numerous dangers being a half-blood brought, and that sonar thing that helped her understand her location was pretty darn amazing. Having not been at the gates when the campers had arrived, Jane ran over to Callie and Vianca. "Hey guys. So how do you think this session's going to turn out? Even better, any bets on who's going to win Capture the Flag?"

Callie Fernandez

Callie looked up when she heard someone speak. It was a girl she vaguely recognised from cabin 16...Jane was it? She smiled brightly, a smile that could probably rival her father's.

"Hey! I was actually looking to find some allies for capture the flag. I found one at least..." She nodded toward Vianca. "As for who is going to win? Obviously blue team. We are the most awesome!" She enthused. Apollo cabin were always in blue team and their cabin counsellor Will Solace was a great team leader.

@Silver Bell

Alec Frye

Alec looked over at the training arena and smiled to himself. That was his favourite part of camp. Apart from the lava wall. Alec gripped the hilt of his sword and walked down the steps of cabin 13. He turned and looked back at the place he had called home for the last three years. The cabin walls are made of solid obsidian and a skull is hung over the doorway, there are torches that burn green fire twenty-four hours a day. It was designed mainly by Nico di Angelo and constructed with help from the undead workers that he summoned. Inside the cabin the beds are coffin shaped with blood red pillows and sheets. There is also a small shrine with bones and jewels. Alec had been told about Nico, although he’d never met him he sounded like a good person.

Alec shook his head and ran out to Thalia’s tree to watch all the campers come back after spending time at home. Being a year round camper he did kinda miss his mum. But he knew it was for the best, being the son of Hades has its values and its drawbacks. He leaned up against Thalia’s tree and looked over at Peleus, smiling kindly. He had always loved the purple dragon that protected the Golden Fleece. Alec found the story quite amazing.

Jane giggled to herself. Father-like-children, she thought. Some of the Apollo kids got on her nerves pretty badly sometimes, but Callie seemed good-natured, about the game at least (( :P )). "I wonder what team the newer cabins'll be on; we keep on being assigned to different teams each game! Although I have to say, it wasn't always bad the first few years when a whole bunch of us were on a team Hermes. It was one of the few times us unclaimed were saved from the Hermes' kid's pranks... well... for most of the game."

Jane felt that weird wisp of cold again. She shuddered and looked up at the sky. Not a cloud in the deep blue sky, and the humidity was picking up. Weird.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Alec Frye

Alec soon got bored and wandered back to the cabins slowly, taking in his surroundings. The camp was soon buzzing with excitement from a mix of new campers and some old ones. The older ones meeting up with their friends for the first time in what must have seemed like years to them. He looked over at three girls he had seen around camp a couple of times before. Alec felt like he should talk to them… or at least do something. He shook his head and started to walk over to the Arena, gripping the hilt of his onyx black sword tightly again. Something didn't feel right to him. Like something bad was about to happen. Something very bad.

@Silver Bell @ShurikenPhoenix @Quiet Is Violent

Callie Fernandez

Callie frowned slightly as she too felt the strange cold breeze whip past her. "Well maybe this time Chiron will let us pick teams. Although if that happened the teams would never be even. Your mom is Nemesis right?" She asked, as she couldn't quite recall, having only met the girl once or twice.

The breeze had gone again and now there was nothing but that humid sunny weather. Perhaps it was a fluke.

She spotted a rather lost looking kid she had seen around too, and gestures for him to come over. She needed all the allies she could get, and so far she was doing well.

@LittleShenanigans

@Silver Bell

Alec Frye

A movement caught his attention from the corner of his eye. He spun around quickly, going into defensive mode, thinking it was some unwanted monster attacking or something before realising it was a girl from before. “Gods Alec.” He thought to himself, kind of embarrassed that he did that. Alec walked over to the girl that gave him a bit of a fright. Come on, he lives in cabin 13 for Gods sake! The shadows in there move all the time, although, he does freak himself out quite a bit.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Callie Fernandez

Callie laughed a little to herself as she saw the boy jump in alarm and go into defensive mode before realising she wasn't a bloodthirsty monster. "Hey, there. I was wondering if your cabin would be on blue team for Capture the Flag today? It'll be great to have you." As soon as he was close enough to see properly, her cheery mood evaporated. Even if he didn't mean to, this guy had an aura of gloom and darkness about him which naturally did not compliment her perky sensibility. He was a Hades kid for sure, and unfortunately, Hades kids tended to down her vibe even if they were the nicest person. Something to do with being polar opposites or something.

Callie shuffled nervously and tried for a (probably uncomfortable looking) smile. "Uh, I'm Callie by the way...Apollo cabin." She introduced.

@LittleShenanigans

Alec Frye

Alec smiled at the girl who was clearly uncomfortable with his somewhat gloom and doom arua. "Thanks dad. Once again!" He thought to his father and shrugged. "It's nice to meet you Callie. I'm Alec from cabin 13" He stuck out his hand for her to shake then realized it probably wasn't the best thing to do. She seemed awfully uncomfortable with his presence "And I would say yes but... You don't seem that comfortable." He said to her, tilting his head to the side slightly. He never actually got why people didn't like him. He just knew that he didn't have many friends at camp for some reason.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Finally, Walter found a few campers that had stayed just as he did and approached them. He didn't really know them, but it was better than having nothing, right? He approached with a smile, just like he always did when he was trying to gain new friends. "Hey, guys!" He did a little head nod. "I'm not intruding or anything, right?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.

But then he noticed his cousin, well kind of, Alec. Well, at least someone was here. "Hey, Alec." That made him more comfortable. Not that he wasn't comfortable around people. He was a natural at socializing, but it was nice to have someone around.

Callie Fernandez

Callie was about to protest that she was perfectly comfortable with Alec, but someone else had arrived and so she just gave him a look that reassured him he did not freak her out...much.

"Hi!" She said to the new guy, her cheery nature returning slightly as she smiled a friendly smile. "I was just wondering who was gonna be playing capture the flag today and whether blue team will have some allies. So far I think I'm doing pretty well!" she winked playfully, hoping this guy would join blue team. She could tell just by his presence that he was another child of The Big Three. "I'm Callie by the way." She introduced for maybe the nineteenth time.

@LittleShenanigans @DuskerTem

Walter chuckled. She seemed confident. He liked that about her. "Well, it seems that this is your lucky day. I'd love to join the blue team." He was up for anything as long as he played, and really, they had to play Capture the Flag. Not that he was complaining. He loved playing this. Anything that got him pumped and excited was something he looked forward to doing. "I'm Walter," he introduced. "Nice to meet you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back