• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Percipience OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Edric Yuma

Just Another Paper Cut Survivor
Welcome to the Percipience out of character chat! Feel free to talk about anything related or not to the roleplay. Be respectful to everyone, and if you have any questions for me, tag me! ^_^

Hey guys! I’m extremely thankful for amount of interest I’ve gotten for the Roleplay. I’ll be sure to meet your expectations! Here is the list of people I’ve accepted so far(I’ll be updating this as more people express interest):

Accepted:
Berries Berries (Whiteband)
Collidias Rex Collidias Rex (Renwhirl)
ithinkcat ithinkcat (Seishisai)
Kloudy Kloudy (Phantomshade)
Fayree Fayree (Vanarin)
Damafaud Damafaud (Steamheist)
Aurum Aurum (Symrustar)

Now that that’s out of the way, tell me a bit about your RP preferences! What kind of GM do you enjoy? A more “this is what you do, write about it” kind of GM or a more “here’s the situation, react to it how you will” kind of GM? Also, how do you like the pacing to feel? Do you want complete autonomy over your character at the possibility of a more slow roleplay during decision-making scenes? Or would you rather the GM skip over those to keep the tempo up? (Like, say, the GM putting everyone in a car without giving anyone the chance to say they don’t want to get into the car.) I want to be the best GM I can be, and this feedback will help!​

Last edited:
I feel like I could have joined any other RP if I wanted full on "abandon the main quest" levels of autonomy. It's what everyone does cause they're afraid of stepping on someone's toes. Your RP obviously has a story you want to tell. I want to hear that story and be a part of that story. It's something different for a change and I like that. If that means my character has to get into a car, then so be it.

Specifically I don't know how you should accomplish this. Maybe give us like milestones or goals to try and reach and if we're getting too off the rails you can inject some GM intrusion to push back where we need to be. You don't have to dictate individual actions then (like my character getting into a car when my character actually hates riding in cars). You can just say something like "make your way to city X somehow", or something like that. Someone's character can then suggest taking a car and my character can refuse to ride one of those death machines and then everyone else can gang up on my character, tie them to the roof and gag them, problem solved.

That's my 2 cents.

I like a balance. As said you seem to have a direction to go in. So I feel something like a dnd DM would be good. “Here’s a situation, react to it....cool so. Resolution is that this plot point is revealed and it points you in direction of x. “ kind of deal. Even if it’s false choice so we think we are being crafty by going left when you say right it can still lead to what you want without feeling railroaded if that makes sense?

Full autonomy to do exactly what you want us to do haha. But if things are getting ridiculous and we aren’t going anywhere with “get in the car” “no I won’t get in the death trap” “it’s not so bad, come on”...etc then don’t be afraid to do something to make a sense of urgency either. So it’s not “you’re forced in the car regardless of preference” but “as you argue you don’t notice the glint of a gun being drawn by a nearby bystander until the bullets are already flying towards you.” Or something to make it feel more like we need to get the hell outa dodge now.

Double post because relevant

giphy.gif

I agree with ithinkcat ithinkcat
It's clear you have a vision for this, and that's what makes me want to join. I'd like to follow your story with enough autonomy of our own to make our characters ours.

So far 3/3 accepted are female characters. We have assembled a badass, melee team of women that don't need no Y-chromosome in their life. :coolshades:

Oh, by the way! There seems to be some confusion about where to end off the backstory of your characters (probably due to my miscommunication, sorry.) Basically, when the RP starts, everyone will be on the same page: just being recruited into the clan. So try to structure your background so it ends on your character being in No-Man’s Land in need of a job or a place to call home. :)

Fayree Fayree Aurum Aurum Kloudy Kloudy

Ahaha I guess I should’ve opted for a male character but too late now.

I agree with the others in that having a clear direction and plot line since all that stuff is what attracted me in the first place.

I’m totally fine with, and even prefer, that there are time skips in the plot to avoid mundane situations that lose interest: a few don’t hurt, but more than 1-2 just character interaction scenes without a clear purpose really puts people off in my experience. To keep rpers interested the action needs to be fairly constant, I’ve found. But maybe that’s just me! :)

So, with the car example, I wouldn’t mind just being put directly in the car because the car isn’t that big of a plot point/interest. However, with more importance, action or drama-stimulating scenes it’s better to have more autonomy because (I feel) like that’s where the rp is interesting and where important character decisions can occur.

Ahaha I guess I should’ve opted for a male character but too late now.

I agree with the others in that having a clear direction and plot line since all that stuff is what attracted me in the first place.

I’m totally fine with, and even prefer, that there are time skips in the plot to avoid mundane situations that lose interest: a few don’t hurt, but more than 1-2 just character interaction scenes without a clear purpose really puts people off in my experience. To keep rpers interested the action needs to be fairly constant, I’ve found. But maybe that’s just me! :)

So, with the car example, I wouldn’t mind just being put directly in the car because the car isn’t that big of a plot point/interest. However, with more importance, action or drama-stimulating scenes it’s better to have more autonomy because (I feel) like that’s where the rp is interesting and where important character decisions can occur.
So what I'm getting is you guys like having a more steady, clear plot line as opposed to too much autonomy. Got it, works for me! :)

P.S. Just finished writing up the first introductory post! It's pretty long, sorry. Once all five accepted players have their CS put up, I'll post it and we can dive into the thick of things! If anyone else still wants to join, or if you guys have others you want to invite, let me know and I can hold off on starting.

We have begun!

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the roleplay here. ^_^

For the record: I currently have four Arcs planned, and may or may not add a fifth depending on how long this one lasts.

Last edited:
Maybe it has something to do with I only had three hours of sleep last night and I'm staying up playing HotS. Probably not the best environment to come up with intro post ideas.

Ahaha I can attest to the fact that HotS and rping dong exactly go together well lol.

I’ll be posting in the morning, I ended up playing fortnite for the majority of today sorry. xD

Noooo! Resist the urge to fortnite! You will be sucked into it’s dark domain and never escape... D:

In other news, I am addicted to Overwatch

Noooo! Resist the urge to fortnite! You will be sucked into it’s dark domain and never escape... D:

In other news, I am addicted to Overwatch

Tooo lateeee, though I'm so bad a I'll probably quite soon lol.

I think I'm going to install overwatch for the free weekend but I'm too broke to play any paid games (hence why I'm stuck with fork knife and league lmao).

Hiya Damafaud Damafaud ! :D

Tooo lateeee, though I'm so bad a I'll probably quite soon lol.

I think I'm going to install overwatch for the free weekend but I'm too broke to play any paid games (hence why I'm stuck with fork knife and league lmao).

Hiya Damafaud Damafaud ! :D
I am very bad at Overwatch :c It's fun though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back