• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Percept (Dark-Horror Interest Check) [Haunting of Hill House type RP]

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
Realistic/Modern - Percept {CS}

CS link ^

Okay, so if you know me you also know my reputation and how this goes. DO NOT COMMIT IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS FOR LONG TERM, AS THERE WILL BE SEVERAL PLOTS OF DEEP, STORY DRIVEN HORROR EVENTS.

This is a horror RP based off the same dynamic of free will, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path. A group of siblings and circle are investigating a string of deaths & disappearances involving some close friends and peers in from their childhood. But it's how they were found that has folks reeling. Mangled and transmorphed. Weeks and weeks of home, or work, or just lounging around their lives looking for some answer, as they all had their own lives only to be brought back together again by the tides of blood and fate. Well, the opportunity has come, and for them, it was one that couldn't be ignored. The common speculation that's been found is that all of the missing/dead were linked by one common trait: The Redwood House. They all visited one certain house which is inferred to have been some social fad or challenge. An alleged haunted house. Police chopped it up to a simple prank done wrong, leading to disappearances and gruesome accidents. But when the certain group realizes that this ideal could have resulted in something a bit more skeptical than thought, research and instinct will test them against the very fiber of their morals and being. There was something deeper to be found. It was the house they lived in as kids. It was the house they left behind in the tragic wake of an accident. The Redwood House was yet again causing the same trauma it was alleged for.

476220-bigthumbnail.jpg

There's something else much darker and sinister waiting for them, and when they find out what...it could be too late. Their entire world is about to dive into the deep.

The choices affect your future, your circle's future, your very life, as you and your characters are free to make whatever choices you wish and free play to your personalities. The choices will carve a path into the universe as characters' scenarios and path will come to a head considering which character made what choice. The only choice that will matter in the end.

Did you choose to live?

So This is inspired by the Netlifx show Haunting on Hill House.The characters, the story, the horror, all of it was great. This horror RP based off the same dynamic of suspense terror, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path (if you haven't seen the show you should! Solid story and SCARY stuff.) There is going to be some DEEPLY disturbing psychological and dark horror elements. Figures in peripheral, sounds in dreams that manifest in waking life, extremely disturbing/scary imagery, etc.

Plot:
Camera upload to Facebook live, which was immediately and mysteriously taken down some minutes later. Friends of the poster of this video laughed it off as a prank, but it became a surreal reality when they realized he'd never returned home. This spread and became viral within weeks. This viral event was known as The Redwood Stream, in which a young man that grew up around the community age 24, named Thane Black, had recorded footage via his cell phone. This was the most recent footage of him and his experience before he went missing. No one knows where he went nor why, nor identification of the lady in the footage, just that he was asleep in his apartment hours before. Black had visited the Redwood House two days before the video. Black has not been found, nor any of his personal belongings including the phone. Police and investigators to this day have no idea who leaked or how the video got uploaded. Black is just one of many in recent years to have gone missing or been presumed dead around the lands in the vicinity of The Redwood House. The Facebook video is below:

Anonymously sent via email
Keep your eyes open... {Anonymous}

anigif_enhanced-17235-1433205217-2.gif

I'll need 4 other characters to play the siblings to my character, as all 5 of us will be "stranged" individuals with certain phenomena happening around us ever since kids age. Anyone else other than the 5 siblings who want to reserve a character are free to play friends, spouses, affilates, etc of any of the siblings or whoever you think would be a unique and interesting fit into the RP! I'll see how much interest this gets first before putting up a CS, but I would like it if the siblings could get reserved first. Age and gender will be up to whoever claims them. Since it's October and Halloween approaches, I'm thinking this is the perfect time to get into some real horror & spooky RPing, and I have a solid story built for the plot as well! Hope this catches on!

Characters:

~ Other than the siblings you're free to create whoever as long as they're nuanced for the plot.

Siblings:

Angela Ether (myself) - Clairvoyance
tagapagmana - Clairaudience
FluffyKitty9000 - Clairempathy
jaccywaccy - Clairtangency
Destructus Kloud - Claircognizance

Last edited:
will come back to this when im done watching i'll probably go for clairaudience or clairempathy if ever

Last edited:
Any progress on the appropriate threads we'll need?

I'll take the last remaining sibling if you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back