Experiences People who take RP far too seriously

Now you think that isn't that bad? It would be months after my encounter with her, and to think I thought I escaped her clutches. She messages me out of nowhere with:
"Reynold (my character at the time- don't judge me lol) mEeT yOuR dAuGhTeRS *behold twin babies*"

If that isn't the best contraceptive when growing up, I don't know what is.

I had one on here once, months ago actually. I nope'd out of the roleplay as soon as they started having a trigger session on Discord because people were posting about going to the same area rather than spreading out.
Funny that they treated me like shit while they were okay with every other player in the roleplay. I guess they just didn't like me for some odd, personal reason that I didn't give a damn for XD
It was a Yu-Gi-Oh RP to be specific. And at the time they didn't seem to be so bothersome until my Duel exam arrived, they spectated the battle while I fought the GM on an online YGO game. I lost. The jerk in question decided to harp on me for having 2 cards in my deck that I decided to place in at the time (For defensive measures, to stall my enemies and gain a good hand again).
So to stop them from bitching I promptly removed them. When it was their birthday I kindly said happy birthday and they seemed so offended that I decided to speak to them, whereas everyone else they were happy upon receiving such praise and kindness.

By the time they had their trigger episode I knew it was just time to fly out, and it was just the start of the roleplay too. I felt bad for jumping ship so early but I wasn't going to let that asshole continue to ruin the fun of roleplaying.
Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos MONSTER HUNTER FAN!!! (Sorry to bother you I saw your name and got hype)
Crayons Crayons I FIND YOU AGAIN

I have plentiful amounts of stories, of myself unfortunately, but they do not belong here. One thing that does, however, is that of an acquaintance of my own and their outlook on writing.

I will keep it brief, I need not overspend on words in this case anyway, and conclude it abruptly:

"Because of the multiverse principle, assuming there's an infinite amount of universes, then what I write is true somewhere."

And finish off thusly:

They were pretty stubborn.

So we all take RP in different degrees of seriousness but for the most part, we all agree that it's not that serious. Most of us, anyway, but here I would like to hear your experiences on people who may have been taking RP just a bit too seriously.

Mine was not on this site it was on G+ before it went down, there was a guy on there who fancied himself the ultimate role player who couldn't be beaten when really all he did was God Mod and refuse to admit defeat until people just left. If the power had Omni in front of it, he had it despite these powers being against the rules in certain communities. Especially the one where he was a mainstay. So he just sounds like a bratty cheater right now right?

Well, that's not where it ended, this guy got into a roleplay relationship and treated it like he and the girl were actually married and would get super jealous and pissed off if she talked to other guys to RP. He even went on this whole "exposure" campaign to out her as a cheater, providing screenshots of her doing relationships with other guys in other RP communities just for fun. He was taking this far more seriously than she was who initially thought they were just a couple in the one community. However, it doesn't end there. This guy apparently dropped out of school so he could stay home and RP more. We thought he was joking at first, but soon we realized he was telling the truth. We all found this to be stupid but he insisted he was dedicated to RP and didn't want to waste his time on things that weren't important to him so he dropped out. I was mostly surprised his parents actually went for that shit.

We tried to explain to him he couldn't live with his parents forever and if he didn't graduate it would be hard for him to find a good job and he wouldn't be able to pay for internet to RP in the first place, but he never changed his mind as far as I saw. Anyway he took RP so seriously that he eventually was pretty much at war with every other roleplayer on G+ over stupid stuff like this.
I went in thinking this would be about someone who wouldn’t accept anything less than novel quality posts but I was in over my head. This sounds scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back