• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pentarcanum [ Piscine shifter RP] - Interest check

AncientBird

Reptile with wings and plumes.
Hello, everyone! This is my first RP I ever made for this site. Please take a look and consider this strange idea of mine! Feedbacks and suggestions are welcomed!

❝ Pentarcanum ❞
The Story

Planet Potamos, a planet similar to earth that shares many attributes and compositions. However, it’s surface is largely covered in freshwater, with small land masses scattering like freckles on a vast plain, so tiny compared to the dominating water realm.

Potamos harbors a supernatural force known as magic which resides in its very existence. There are five types of magic known, Sun, Moon, Torrent, Earth and Organism. Each type of magic manifests different abilities and powers of what it can control… However, there is one object, a mysterious gem called Pentarcanum which is said to harness every type of magic together and with its power, can be used to stabilize and provide the world a lasting peace. However, said gem has long lost from the face of Potamos, with the clues of its existence scatters...

In Potamos, life can be found just as abundant as on earth, albeit the ones that are well suited to habitat flooded in the mass torrent. Invertebrates such as water insects, crustaceans, mollusks and worms are abundant in number. Water birds soar the endless sky above, while the dangerous crocodiles and snakes lurk in the shadow.

However, one most peculiar and remarkable species that inhabit this water planet, is the sapient race called Nymph.

Nymph is a tiny humanoid-like creature that look and behave pretty much like humans, however they are only about 5 cm tall on average and are fully aquatic, getting all the oxygen they need directly from water. They are able to walk and move around on the bottom as if they are not affected by buoyancy and are basically unable to swim, however they do have a special ability to get around efficiently.

Nymphs can magically shapeshift into freshwater fish of various species, from tiny guppy to giant arapaima. By embracing the form of the piscine creature, they are able to swim and travel across the water realm with ease. And for many nymphs, transforming into their fish form also allows them to harness magical power from one of the five magic types. Their ability of shapeshifting and connection with the world’s magics have thus allowed them to survive and thrive in Potamos, developing their civilization, from villages to grand metropolises.

As of late… A strange phenomenon started to show up on Potamos. A newly discovered supernatural force, capable of consuming world magics and disrupting them, using their essence to unleash destructive power. It dims light into darkness, causing hallucination beyond control, turning torrent and earth activity chaotic and decaying organisms.

WIth the world magic weakened, it’s brought to attention of the nymphs that they will have to find and restore the lost gem Pentarcanum once more to empower world magics against the malevolent force, before everything in Potamos falls apart.

...And by destiny or coincidence, a group of young nymphs are about to embark on a quest to seek for the lost Pentarcanum, with fate the world resting on their shoulders.

Rules and Conditions

1. Basic RP rules, keep things civil and friendly, no OP character, no taking control of each other character unless permission is granted, etc.
2. Please be a bit detailed in your in-character posts. Each post should contain at least 2 sentences
3. A bit of violence may be presented in this RP.
4. This RP will be using some zoological information, but rest assured that you do not need to be an expert on this matter to join the RP. I will be gladly helping you in case you have any questions.
5. More information and lore will be up later.

Code by Leviathan

Thanks for your interest! 4-5 people joing will be enough, but if more are interested, I could bumb it up to 10.

I will be writing extension of lore and CS soon.

OOC thread added.

Lore thread is up! Still a work in progress, more info will follow soon!

Chimeric Chimeric Nine of Swords Nine of Swords You are both welcomed!

We are still accepting!

Also character sheet is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back