• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Peaked in High School

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Sunny_morning

Butterflies scare me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

E P I S O D E : O N E

1aoISFaJKaRxmJK9jQxB--1--tcg03.jpg

Cafe Scrolls

A pretty regular cafe bar in the southern San Francisco Bay area. It used to be a library in the 1800's and still keeps books around... But pretty much exclusively for aesthetic purposes. No one's ever really tried asking the scary bartender if they can check out the books in the bar.

Kevin Pears

VCcIFd6EBi2zO4BOgPJi--1--9teqv.jpg

Cafe Scrolls was welcoming more customers than usual, owed to the stormy weather outside.

A group of six sat in a booth, placed in a far off corner of the bar. It had taken a few months, but after thorough research, and days-long debates it had been settled on as the perfect spot in the bar.

It was chosen, obviously, because of the ambience it offered (and not because it was the farthest you could get from the scary bartender.)

It also offered a pretty sweet view of most others in the bar. Which was good when Kevin was looking for his next target.

It took only a brief bit of silence, for Kevin to get distracted by the fresh population of pretty girls in the bar.

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood annoyed

location cafe scroll

outfit here

tag Sunny_morning Sunny_morning PixieDust PixieDust ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki housegoat13 housegoat13 sillybilly sillybilly

episode pilot

carrie jhaveri

/* ------ right side ------ */
Carrie hated the rain. The giant puddles, the traffic, and the droplets that just barely struck her face were enough to make her miss Los Angeles. The only reason she drove up to the Bay was for VlogFest, but after seeing Kevin again she couldn't help but start another fling. She already knew what her friends back home would say: that she was dumb, that she was insane, that things would blow up again, but they just didn't get it.

Most people lacked the emotional intelligence necessary to comprehend what the two of them had.

...but that didn't mean she could relax now that she and Kevin were a bit more settled in.

"Kevin! Kevin!" Carrie shouted, snapping her fingers in front of his face, "don't tell me you're checking those girls out."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

Kevin Pears

VCcIFd6EBi2zO4BOgPJi--1--9teqv.jpg

Kevin blinked, taking his own sweet time to turn to Carrie.

With this being their third shot at a relationship, he was almost sure this one would suffer the same fate as their last two attempts. Instead of trying too hard, Kevin had decided to enjoy it while it lasted.

They were no good for each other. That much was obvious. And yet, whenever she landed in the area, Kevin couldn't not get drawn right back.

You could say a lot of things about Carrie Jhaveri, but there was never a dull moment when she was around.

"I wasn't planning on telling you..." He shrugged.

Interacting: Steve Jobs Steve Jobs

Last edited:

cole.

• mood

mood: sleepy

"this is a dialogue."

It was a dreary day, with raindrops tapping a steady rhythm against the window of the cafe. Cole looked out at the rain, feeling its chill seep into his bones. He was partially drenched in rain, with droplets running down his face and soaking into his hair and clothing. He felt like a sodden rat, with water trickling down his neck and back, his clothes plastered to his body. He sighed, rubbing his eyes, feeling the exhaustion weigh heavy on his eyelids.
He sat at the booth along his friends, trying to shake off the tiredness that had settled onto him like a heavy blanket. The sound of raindrops hitting the ground outside served as a constant reminder of the day's dullness, making it hard to muster any energy. He felt his eyelids getting heavier and heavier, threatening to close at any moment, and he tried to fight off the slumber that was creeping up on him.
Suddenly, his gaze managed to catch onto Kevin's, and he turned his gaze to where his friend was looking, and saw a group of girls walking in, their laughter and playful banter filling the air like music. They looked so carefree and vibrant, like they didn't have a care in the world, and his eyes lingered on them for a moment.
He was snapped out of his reverie by a voice and a brief snapping of fingers, and he realized it was Carrie, shouting at Kevin, "I mean, I don't blame him." he interjected playfully, offering the two a short smile.

monkeys spinning monkeys

kevin macleod

♡coded by uxie♡

Michael Faulkner
Tags: @/everyone // Location: The Booth // Mentions: Carrie

Michael tapped a rhythmic beat on the table that appeared mostly out of sheer boredom. He didn't mind the rain much, the tiny droplets were good for agriculture, not that he liked outdoor gardens too much. They seemed harder to manage, messier, and full of wind-blown dirt, and bugs that refused to leave the plants alone. He never had the time to meddle with nature in such a way.

He glanced up at Carrie at her snap and resisted the urge to laugh, merely managing a wry smile toward the boys as his gaze darted between the two of them.

"You guys have no respect." he laughed good-naturedly, "Dogs all of you, drooling over women." he choked on his breath in a mock scoff, his smile ruining his straight expression, "The nerve."

scroll

The Bitch

Mimi

mood

Chill, Comfortable, Curious

outfit

Pictured

Cafe Scrolls

interactions

Kevin, Micheal, Cole and Carrie

Mimi was lodging back on the couch she was sitting with some of the the other, her back to the gaggles of girls that had entered. She had her her legs up folded infront of her as she skimmed through her phone. That was her, not interacting much with other but following nearly everything going on, throwing out the occassional comment to remind people she was still there and listening. She almost looked bored to be there with everyone though in truth she was enjoying every moment she was with her friends, just about the only good thing she had at the moment.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" She interjected after hearing Michael jokingly chastise the boys about them oogling at the new girls. "I am the one that teases the boys when they horndogs. Like i comment about you being a boyscout or at least pretend to be. I dont jump in to tell your clients how to train when at your job." She said teasingly back to him before sitting up and peeking over the couches.

"Having said that, there is good talent out there... To bad for you boys there all lesbians. My gaydar is going haywire." She said though honestly she had no idea what the girls were, likely like her group, just friends going out. She was just teasing the boys a little. "Yeah, the brunettes are together and the blonde is into the black one. It is all plain to see. You boys will be chewed up the moment you pretend to clear your throats next to them. Or whetever faliure method you do to break the ice."

♡coded by uxie♡

marian autumn

filler

• In all honesty, Autumn had barely heard anything that her friends were saying other than it being something about hot girls. Her brain felt like it was about to explode (probably because of already consuming three cups of coffee), and she drummed her fingers restlessly to an inaudible beat in her head.

If there was one thing she hated, it was sitting around for too long...

'Are we just gonna sit here or is someone gonna make a move on one of them?' she asked as she let her gaze run over each of the beautiful laughing women that had just entered. They were pretty tempting, and she was sure she could seduce at least one.
    'How's about it, Zuckerberg?' she said, turning to Kevin with an impish and challenging grin, 'why don't you try getting a date? You think they're down for the secret lizard man vibes?'

She knew that he was with his girlfriend and that she was right there, but honestly, how could she care about a chick who called herself 'C-Money'?

content filler area (ignore!)

♡design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxie♡

cole.

• mood

mood: hype!!

"this is a dialogue."

Cole had been enjoying his friends' banter, laughing along with their witty remarks and playful jabs. The conversation had been light-hearted and enjoyable, making the time in the cafe fly by and much more enjoyable. As he sat there, Cole's mind began to wander. He was convinced that he was the ultimate catch. He had all the makings of a dream partner: a strong, chiseled jawline, a toned physique, and beautiful brown eyes. And not to mention, his charismatic personality and "quick wit" made him magnetic to women. In short, he was the whole package, and he believed that one day he would find a lucky lady to spend the rest of his days with. Maybe they'd even share a love for horses, discussing all manner of horse-related topics. The potential for a blissful, horse-filled future filled Cole's mind, making his heart soar with excitement. As the rain continued to pound on the roof of the café, Cole was inspired (mostly by the horse thought, but still!). He stood up suddenly, feeling a surge of confidence coursing through his veins. He was going to approach those beautiful women!
"I'll do the honors!" he declared triumphantly. But as he stood there, soaking wet from the rain, Cole's confidence started to dwindle. He remembered that he still looked like a drowned rat, his black hair plastered to his head and his shirt sticking to his body. He was no lady killer, no debonair gentleman, no James Bond. He was just a wet, miserable guy who had forgotten to check the weather before leaving the house. He paused and sat back down awkwardly in his seat. "When I'm dry!"

monkeys spinning monkeys

kevin macleod

♡coded by uxie♡

Kevin Pears

VCcIFd6EBi2zO4BOgPJi--1--9teqv.jpgTag: everybody

(Scroll)

The rain outside, coupled with the bar having gone way past it's people limit, was making the inside of the booth especially humid.

He leaned back, stretching his arms, rolling his eyes at Michael. Kevin kept his arms stretched behind the couch, using the headrest as his own personal armrest.

He looked around once more. This time with narrowed eyes, and a slight frown.

"Lesbians, huh?"

Truthfully, he could never tell what a girl was into. But he wasn't going to question the gaydar, not when it had saved his ass from a heavy history of embarrassment.

He was about to retort to the Zuckerberg comment, somehow more offended by that than the lizard, or even the horndog comment that had been passed earlier, when Cole stood up.

When he did, Kevin, without meaning to, noticed the several glances sent his way. It took him a few hot seconds to figure out, the girls were checking Cole out.

Kevin smirked, turning to the Mimi.

"You know what, I bet the wet puppy," He waved at Cole, "Could pick up more girls, just by getting the next round of drinks."

He shook his empty glass, this time looking at Cole.

"Heck, even I could if I really tried- "

He froze, remembering his arm around a less than happy Carrie. Kevin cleared his throat.

"Not that I'm going to."

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood smug

location cafe scroll

outfit here

tag Sunny_morning Sunny_morning PixieDust PixieDust ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki housegoat13 housegoat13 sillybilly sillybilly

episode pilot

carrie jhaveri

/* ------ right side ------ */
"If you wanted a third you should have asked me to find one," Carrie huffed, playfully swatting her boyfriend's chest, "I know few girls more than happy to join us."

Her goal today had been to get wasted and make the most of her week here, but going to a night club seemed to be a hard sell. They far preferred the ambiance of a bar and she simply couldn't leave Kevin by himself. He'd miss her too much.

Or at least, that's what she told herself on the days he'd rather hang out with them than her.

Both Marianne (or was it Mimi this time? She had a hard time keeping track of their personal standing honestly) and Michael's words were some relief, but Autumn's were not. Honestly, Carrie never knew why the other woman felt the need to provoke her but chalked it up to jealousy. Luckily, Kevin knew better than to contend with Carrie's Death Glare™ and earned himself a kiss on the cheek..

"I know you're going through a dry spell Autumn but there's no need to rope Kevin into your games," Carrie replied as she whipped out her phone. As long as it didn't involve any infidelity, the idea of a bet intrigued her. While Cole's kooky vibes weren't really her cup of tea, he could definitely be someone's Wes Anderson phase.

...that was of course, assuming any of them were into men.

"I think this could be good practice for him," she said as she downed the rest of her drink, "plus I need another jack and coke."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

lydia bellevue

filler

• Lydia had never felt more like a failure in her life than right at this moment. Here she stood in the middle of San Francisco dressed in the most beautiful outfit, hair in beach waves, high heels that clicked on the sidewalk and nails French manicured to perfection and yet no one would know she was flat out broke and newly boyfriend-less. Again…

Why did shopping have to be so tempting and why did the rain god have to be so cruel as to pelt rain down on her now? If she didn’t hurry inside somewhere quick, she’d soon look like a drowned rat rather than a vision in pink…

‘Cafe Scrolls’. Perfect, a cafe. Lydia hurried inside the best she could in heels, too dejected to notice her surroundings or that her best friend Mimi sat nearby with a group of her friends. She just wanted to get dry and pretend she hadn’t just scuffed her mascara with faint tear tracks.

Last edited:

scroll

The Bitch

Mimi

mood

Feeling of apprehansion, lowering of mood

outfit

Pictured

Cafe Scrolls

interactions

Kevin, Micheal, Cole, Lydia and Carrie

Mimi groaned and rolled her eyes, hearing both Kevin and Cole volunteer to attempt and pick up one of the girls, even suggesting making a bet from it. "Picking a girl to win a bet and just for the practice. You guys are such romantics." She commented sarcasticlly as reached for mug and sipped her tea. She was first to arrive here, narrowingly missing the rain by seconds. Still just being around the rain and other who had been through it made the tea taste better like she had been through cold and rain. "Especially when one has a partner already. You lucky you two are pretty boys... Somewhat at least."

She looked at the girls again. Despite her comment, she wouldnt have minded approuching the girls either. She had been feeling the desire to find someone, she had always admired Carried and Micheal and how there were with eachother.She had not added much since high school, well she hadnt dated anyone since and even then nothing long term, maybe one or two one nights at parties. She had several reason why in her mind at least, first being busy with her attempt at a singing career that switching to cooking. Not to mention she though of herself as being a bit onerous to be with. She sighed internally at the thought. Or maybe she was a coward.

She checked her watch, she had another hour since her shift at work where she had to leave this warm spot and brave the resturant. She loved cooking almost as she did singing, she overjoed when she found an apprentiship in famed resturant and for year she had learned alot. However the hours were gradually increasing and the damands were steadily becoming hard to keep up. After a few mistakes and rather public shouting match with her boss, she had her doubts on how long she could last. Or what she was capable off. The job was one in a million and if she could cut it what else could she do?

She heard someone entered and turned around and to see Lydia. "Blonde! Over here!" She called herself. "Here i though i would have to send out search party for you... And trust me in this weather i cant trust myself to try very hard."

♡coded by uxie♡

cole.

• mood

mood: dream horse girl radar: ON

"this is a dialogue."

Cole made a desperate attempt to dry himself off, pulling a small mountain of napkins out of the holder. The napkins barely even brushed the surface of his soaked clothing, leaving the already-wet Cole to look even more ridiculous. Who knew cheaply-made napkins didn't help with drying clothes? He let out a slightly irritated puff of air as he tossed the now-soggy napkins aside, feeling like an utter fool. As Kevin began speaking, Cole leaned in, amusement flickering in his eyes at Kevin's "wet puppy" comment. After a moment's thought, Cole silently gave a nod to his thoughts. Ladies dig wet puppies.

He warily raised an eyebrow at the empty glasses in front of him, almost as if he were suspicious of their intentions. Nevertheless, he reluctantly picked up the glasses with a sigh and shuffled out of the booth, trying not to make a spectacle of himself with his awkward movements caused by the fact that he was soaking wet. Just as he was about to head to the bar for refills, a stunning blonde with piercing blue eyes caught his eye. Was this his dream horse girl? The yee to his haw? He paused for a moment to enjoy the sight, his gaze drifting to her long hair and graceful features. She was a true beauty, and Cole couldn't help but feel a certain attraction towards her. He took a deep breath and steeled himself before continuing on.

(sorry friends!! it is currently 1 in the morning and i forgot to respond yesterday.. forgive me if i made any mistakes. dream horse girl lydia... maybe.)

monkeys spinning monkeys

kevin macleod

♡coded by uxie♡

Kevin Pears

VCcIFd6EBi2zO4BOgPJi--1--9teqv~2.jpg

(Scroll)

Kevin coughed at the mention of a third. He couldn't tell if she was joking or not. Choosing to do the wise thing for once, he didn't enquire further. Although, it was going to be pretty hard to get the thought out of his mind now that it had been mentioned.

It took a good few seconds for him to snap back from the daze.

He chuckled nervously at Carrie's jab at Autumn, looking from one to the other like he was monitoring a tennis match. Truth to be told, he was equally scared of both.

The tension was broken, much to Kevin's relief, when Mimi called out to some blonde.

Kevin followed Cole's line of sight, stopping at the blonde in question.

"Geez..." He commented at Cole's expression, "We're losing him guys..."

He waved his hand in front of Cole's face, to no avail.

Last edited:

Mae Kang

Hopeless Romantic

Mood:

Content

Cafe Scrolls

Outfit:

Mae was on her way to get the one thing she needed more than anything in the world right now: a cup of coffee. It was a long night last night trying to keep up with scheduling her photography appointments, and a boost of energy was the obvious craving.

And whipped cream.

Yeah, that too.

She was walking behind a rather fashionable girl, blonde as anything, seemingly heading towards the same destination as Mae. As the blonde entered the cafe, her bag hit the door slightly, causing a small tube of lipgloss to fall to the ground in front of Mae. Luckily, it missed the giant puddle by her feet. She picked it up and closed her umbrella, walking into Cafe Scrolls.

Mae was about to say something to get the attention of the girl, but another spoke first - a redhead who didn't look the friendliest.
"Blonde! Over here!"

She looked back and forth between them, hoping they knew each other. She bit her lip, hand closed tight to protect the blonde's lipgloss within. Her head pounded, reminding her where she was.

Mae decided to give her back the lipgloss after she got her cup of coffee. She walked over and joined the line behind a group of giggling girls.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

cole.

• mood

mood: nervous??? dream horse girl radar: GOIN' CRAZY

"this is a dialogue."

Cole's mind wandered as he refilled his friends' drinks, a task he'd done a million times before. It was easy—almost second nature. But as he patiently waited, his thoughts drifted to the beautiful blonde he'd been eyeing for the last 10 seconds. Does she like horses? he wondered. Maybe she didn't even like horses; maybe she was more of a cat person. But then again, cats are the spawn of Satan himself, and she- she looked like an angel.

As he made his way back to his friends, Cole tried to look cool, but he knew he was failing miserably. He was dripping wet, and his clothes clung to his body like a wet sock. It was like he'd just taken a dip in the ocean, but in reality, he kinda did. The rain fell hard and it almost drowned him. Not really.
He just hoped his friends wouldn't point it out (who was he kidding, they totally would!).
And those girls over there... were they checking him out? Nah, that was impossible. He was just an average guy, nothing special. But hey, a guy can dream, right?

Just as he was about to turn around and head back to the bar, Mimi called over the exact blonde he was pining over. Cole paused.

once again FORGIVE ME FRIENDS!! i completely forgot about this... ignore all the mistakes and weird writing.. watchin' tv and writin' about a stupid horse lover is no easy task!! 😤

monkeys spinning monkeys

kevin macleod

♡coded by uxie♡

marian autumn

filler

• "I know you're going through a dry spell Autumn but there's no need to rope Kevin into your games."

Autumn found herself having to take another swig of now cold coffee so as not to make a retort to Carrie’s comment. Honestly, with that name, there were plenty of jabs involving pig’s blood she could make, but she stopped herself only for the sake of Kevin. He may be an egomaniacal nerd, but he was also her friend, which counted for something.

Instead of commenting, Autumn rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Mimi, who had called over a blonde.

The blonde in question was a bona fide bombshell. She definitely noticed Cole going gaga over her.

“Yeah he’s never coming back down to Earth. Not that I blame him, that girl’s got legs like a freakin’ gazelle or something…”

Autumn cast the blonde a playful wink and a grin when she finally looked their way, before gesturing over at Cole with a not-so subtle tilt of her head.

lydia bellevue

filler

• Though in a haze of misery, Lydia could still tell when a comment was directed at her and she definitely knew who was calling her over.

‘Oh god, don’t let Mimi see you’ve been crying…’ she thought, staring ahead of her at the group of giggling girls getting their coffee. She had not gotten her own yet, but she thought it rude not to go and greet one of her best friends.

Heels clicking as she walked, Lydia headed over with a slightly forced smile on her face.

Mimi seemed to be in a group and they all seemed way too curious about her. One of the girls even gestured toward one of the guys (who must’ve caught more of the rain than even her, poor thing!)

“Oh, Mimi, hey. My god it’s so great to see you! Who are your friends?” She asked, clutching her yellow purse a little tighter due to feeling a little nervous and out of place. It was the strangest and most awful thing to barely even be able to afford a simple coffee.

cole.

• mood

mood: CONFIDENT

"this is a dialogue."

Oh boy. Cole's face contorted into a twisted knot as he tried to stifle his irritation at Autumn's not-so-sly head tilt. But, being the consummate gentleman that he is, he soldiered on and deftly plucked each drink off the tray, carefully delivering them to their rightful owners. As he looked up, his gaze fell upon the exquisite goddess he had been pining over, who was in a light conversation with Mimi.
Just act normal.

His heart raced as he exchanged a small smile with the blonde bombshell before shuffling back into his seat, silently hoping she had noticed his charming, dashing, devil-may-care grin.

As he awkwardly adjusted to his still-wet seat, he realized he needed to up his game. If Kevin could snag a date with Carrie (even if their relationship was a steaming pile of horseshit), then surely he could woo a blonde queen too. Confidence is key, Cole reminded himself. Ladies dig you! Especially since you're considered a "wet puppy." Whatever the hell that means.

Cole settled into his seat and leaned back against the booth, crossing his arms and attempting to look like one of those "alpha males" he always saw on his social media feeds. Was it working? Did he look commanding and confident? Was his inner James Bond showing? He let out a quiet chuckle at his own expense, realizing that he was probably overthinking things. But he couldn't help it - he really wanted to impress this beguiling and sweat-inducing woman he had spotted across the room.

probably going to do one of these silly comments from now own. i hope you guys like my over the top descriptions of a pretty lady. also i gotta stop doing these at 12 in the morning.. im so sleepy

monkeys spinning monkeys

kevin macleod

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Bitch

Mimi

mood

Amused and protective

outfit

Pictured

Cafe Scrolls

interactions

Kevin, Micheal, Cole, Lydia and Carrie

Mimi smirked seeing her friends reaction to Lydia arrival. She was not surprised of course, Lydia was indeed a bombshell but there was more to it then that. She wasnt those arrogant blonde beauties that thought they were queen bees intitled to everything, she was a sweet and kind girl she didnt deserve as a friend. Lydia only fault she was putty to anyone who caressed her vanity and it was tiresome to try an extract her away from the worse sort of guys who showed her attention. Honestly she was alittle worried about introducing her to these horndog of this group as though they were good friends, she was not sure if they were right for Lydia as anything more than that.

"Down boy! Down!" She called out to Cole, waiving down her hand like trying to control a dog. "Let's not scare my friend here." She added as Lydia walked over before turning her head to Lydia and smiling sympathetically seeing her both soaked and nervous. " Likewise bloodie. Ok i suppose i have to go around and introduce these degenarates dont Ι?" She asked with a mock sigh.

She finally pointed at each of the friends as she began to introduce them. "The one with the jaw on the floor and dripping drool over you is Cole. He is gay as yoy can see. The othr making googly eye at you is Kevin who is now in the dog house to his girfriend over there, Carrie. Also that vision of envy is Marian." She paused and gave mock look of thoughtfullness. "Did i miss anyone?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Kevin Pears

Kevin raised his glass lazily as he was introduced, not bothering to refute the description. He gave a small shrug as if to say, 'yep, that's true.'

Even with Michael gone, the booth was still pretty jam packed. Kevin shuddered at the thought of switching up the seating arrangement. It had already taken just about all of his logistical prowess to pick his current seat- opposite Cole, next to Carrie and at a safe distance from Autumn.

Deciding against the alternative of searching for an empty chair in the crowded bar, he squeezed closer to Carrie emptying the spot opposite Cole. Kevin tried to make eye contact with him, to convey exactly how big a favour he was doing, but the latter had his eyes locked on the target.

He patted the seat, looking at Mimi, then at the blonde.

"So, does blondie have a name, or were your parents just that creative?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back