• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Peaked In High School (A Sitcom Roleplay)[CLOSED]

Sunny_morning

Butterflies scare me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Peaked in High School

1aoISFaJKaRxmJK9jQxB--1--tcg03.jpg

Friends, How I Met Your Mother and New Girl all rolled into one. Recreate your favourite sitcoms.

Join the escapades of this group of twenty-somethings, as they explore dating, careers and life in this cruel, cruel world. Because who could've known... Life gets stale when you peak in high school.

Focuses on character building, and character chemistry over a large fancy plot. It will follow an episodic plotline.

~

Similar to the mentioned sitcoms, the roleplay will revolve around the life of a group of friends, as they navigate love and careers.

Important 👇

Note 1

Yes, this is inspired by the
aforementioned sitcoms, but I
would prefer Brooklyn nine-nine
type fast paced dialogue,
and jokes, over stuff like
cheesy gags and
laugh tracks.

Note 2

This is not on a first come
first serve basis, and
there is a character limit
(six). The characters will be
chosen if they have distinct
personalities, and based on
how they would work with the
tone of the roleplay.
Note 3

The RP will be episodic in
nature, with every arc coming
to an end at the end
of the episode, and discussed
briefly at the beginning.
Note 4

These characters will mostly
already know each other,
so try to have something
in your head about your
character's unique bond
with the others.
Note 5

If you don't want to fully
commit to this you can
always opt for a recurring
role, or a guest role if this
RP grows into something.
Note 6

Generally the pilots of these
shows begin with the introduction
of a new character to the
gang, to serve as a stand in
for the audience. One of the
six will serve this purpose.

1aoISFaJKaRxmJK9jQxB--4--04f3l.jpg

Character Ideas

1aoISFaJKaRxmJK9jQxB--3--s0er1.jpg

1. The Rachel

This character can be the new introduction to the group that kicks off the events of the roleplay.

Personality wise I think it would be interesting to have them be a grown up version of the high school queen bee.

09DPkG75e7n62DMCA5lB--1--yezw7.jpg

2. The carries-their-heart-on-their-sleeve

A hopeless romantic, that gets everything right except romance. Don't be afraid of adding in some character quirks.

1aoISFaJKaRxmJK9jQxB--2--119uz.jpg

3. The Luna Lovegood

I was thinking Pheobe Buffay... But maybe a gender swapped version would be interesting.

kO5sXAyhjnBt5Y89fbPp--1--czowh.jpg

4. The Gym-Bro philosopher

Has read every self help book is existence, but is also obsessed with his health.

RX9DrnstsI3yEW5TtbRz--1--1jxuv.jpg

5. The Silicon Valley Douchebag

A glorified geek. Basically Jesse Eisenberg in every movie ever.

wOjK6CD5L83Laqh97e1g--1--5aneu.jpg

6. The Normie

The square character. We're not sure why they hang out with this group of oddballs.

K44QbUrQei5Tey0go8ki--1--c0y6o.jpg

7. The Playboy/girl

Need I elaborate?

MTCJ5yOe0NyBH15mic5l--1--npjr4.jpg

8. The Brooding Musician

Out of luck, but not out of talent. They are emotional, and dramatic. They could also be a minor celebrity or something.

I'm interested in this - leaning towards the hopeless romantic or playboy but I'd love to see what others are thinking as this gets more interest.

Feel free to mix and match the archetypes while designing your character.

I really dig your concept but due to my fickle schedule I may not be able to post regularly. Would it be possible to snag a guest role?

I'm interested in the hopeless romantic role, and have a character sheet already in the works if you're still accepting!! <3

I'm interested in the hopeless romantic role, and have a character sheet already in the works if you're still accepting!! <3
Sure, yeah. It's good as long as it doesn't clash with any of the other characters. We have already started, so you'll have to read up ig.

I'd be interested! Wanna look over the other characters already submitted to see what would be a good fit.

hi!! im SUPER interested and would love to play nearly any of the roles. whats left? it looks like the player and the hopeless romantic have been taken, has anything else already been claimed?

Everyone has been mixing tropes around. I think that the Rachel, musician, silicon valley douchebag, and Luna Lovegood have also been taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back