• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Peace Sign Academia Voting

Our fifteenth vote is complete!
Now while this vote is a tie between options A and C, and this would normally mean I get an extra vote to break off the tie, due to the majority wishing a reduction of the requirements (even if they have differences regarding that execution of that), I will give C the victory.

That said, since the reduced content is eliminated, it's time for our sixteenth community vote!

Question: Should we eliminate the special events?

Special events were a little section I introduced due to several arcs being present and planned back when we still had real hype going and I wanted to give people a chance to experience that as well as faster replies via a simpler section apart from the main IC. However, in the end this section was barely used and now that the IC section itself is gonna become barely regulated in terms of size, half the advantage of posting in the special events is kinda gone. In addition, the special events are one more thing to think about which takes some of my time, to greater or lesser effect, however, they can also be useful in exploring dynamics and aspects of one's character and in creating situations that just couldn't happen with the cannonical IC.

So, here are our options!
A) We should delete the special events section
B) We should keep the special events section
C) I disagree with the way you broke the tie and think we should keep the events section and keep the way the rules stated ties would be broken
D) Option C, but we delete the special events anyway

Please cast your votes below, in a single post. You may discuss things in the OOC, but here you ONLY vote.
To vote A, please post "16.(A)", to vote B please post "16.(B)" and so on...

The vote will end in 24 hours from it's posting

Alright everyone, will be going into the 17th vote!
So, as if that wasn't clear enough already, the RP is really in a down state, and my recent absense as a GM- a combination of a loss of motivation for reasons I won't get into here and a series of events from life being unforgiving- has not helped. However I don't want this RP to just up and die and I'm sure a few of you at least don't either. It's not like people stopped posting. So it may be time to get a fresh start, AKA a reboot.

If we do get a reboot a few things will be guaranteed:
-the current IC's events will be erased and we will go back to the beggining. A new plot will be hatched between myself and my co-GMs to establish better communication. This plot will attempt to be less arc-centric and more action centric. During reboot time player suggestions will be welcomed.
-various rules IC and OOC will be removed or loosened, as will some restrictions on quirks and character types
-there will be a reset and potential restructuring of the QEP system
-players will be able to withdraw characters they already made, make slight alterations or just keep the characters as they have them.
-the store system will be part-removed and part transfered to the QEP system
-I will putting a new search thread up

And a few things may or not happen:
-The RP may have limited slots
-The secret system may be abolished due to conflicts created by keeping some of that information and due to difficulties in keeping complete track of it.
-we may stop the plot as it is now since it will be erased anyway, instead moving to 1x1 fights tournament style until the dust is settled or keep going with it until the reboot is completely done
-we may move to a fresh IC, OOC and character sections

So here are our options!
A) We should keep things going as they are and simply try to clean them up a little
B) We should reboot and while we reboot we should keep the current IC going. For the reboot we should use our current IC, OOC and character threads.
C) We should reboot and while we reboot we should keep the current IC going. For the reboot we should use new IC, OOC and character threads.
D) We should reboot and while we reboot we should have a tournament fight. For the reboot we should use our current IC, OOC and character threads.
E) We should reboot and while we reboot we should have a tournament fight. For the reboot we should use new IC, OOC and character threads.
F) I don't see any future to this RP and it's best if we shut it down.

This vote is pretty significant and so we will have 48 hours starting from when this post is made to decide!

If I tag anyone who doesn't want to be here anymore or if I miss anyone, do let me know!
Idea Idea BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Roxasarass Roxasarass The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Archtoddler Archtoddler Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff InternalAssumpter InternalAssumpter Xel Xel simj26 simj26 GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack St. Elsewhere St. Elsewhere Randomfella Randomfella Illiterate Illiterate Shazam Shazam SheepKing SheepKing Natrue Natrue Kishune Kishune superrsalt superrsalt Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Enkye Enkye Brendanfp Brendanfp greenhawk greenhawk Sizniche Sizniche doggodaily doggodaily Moonsetter Moonsetter Kojuen Kojuen D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Jade Emperor Jade Emperor Demonhunter Demonhunter Pygo Pygo TripTripleTimes TripTripleTimes Misuteeku Misuteeku

A. I know it doesn't seem like it because I'm a non-committal tw@, but I really want to be a part of this. It's thanks to you guys that I got into HeroAca, and I don't want to let you guys down.

Idea Idea everyone needs time to deal with life sometimes, nobody can blame you for that. Roleplaying shouldn't have to feel like a chore. :-)

EDIT: Changed my vote to A, though I might need to do a massive revamp of my character or scrap her entirely and make a new one.

Last edited:
Honestly I have lost motivation for all of this. While I think that during a rebooted a tournament between characters that are still willing is an okay idea, overall the general lack of GM communication and stuff is what started the domino effect. I'll vote E for now, but my feelings more reside with F.

17. E

(A) A reboot won't change the GM activity, if anything it will just put us further behind story wise for the same to happen again. Should be looking at changing current problems if they are there.
The vote should also be restricted to accepted players who have posted imo, as any new player would be biasedly happy with having a fresh start, and the rules being loosened.

A.

A reboot doesn't solve any of the issues. As Random said the lack of GM activity doesn't go away from a reboot. The difficult nature of a structured school environment doesn't get addressed by a reboot. The lost interest of players isn't fixed by a reboot. A reboot simply doesn't fix any of the problems the RP has, all it does is undo the progress and interactions we already have.

Hmm... They have a point, more or less it just needs some fine tuning seeing as a reboot would actually just set you guys back.
Deleting my E, makes sense to do.

A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back