• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Peace Sign Academia Mechanics

PSA Mechanics

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Last edited:
Time
midnight cute.gif
1. Time

As you know (because you read the rules), in every post, RPers are to type in what time it is in the IC world. This is because this RP is suppose to have real limits. If your character can only hold for five minutes, once five minutes are over, they are over.
For this purpose every post requires you to put at the top and bottom, the beggining time and ending time of your post. By community vote's decision, it is also mandatory to put what day it, from the month and from the week. Of course, in any skip ahead in time (or flashback) one ought to also put what the correct time for that skip-

Last edited:
The Secret System
tumblr_o7xwuot0oe1trltexo1_500.gif

2. "Secret" System

You may notice that in the CS template you find the following symbol: {S}
All parts of the CS marked with that symbol are part of the "secret" system, meaning they can be hidden from your fellow players. As you complete your CS, you may send me the parts that belong in the secret system per PM, and I will copy them down onto my private workshop. If you do, leave any parts which you choose to keep hidden with a {S} in place of the text they would have.

The hidden parts will be revealed only in four circumstances:
1. If your character reveals them themselves
2. If you no longer want them hidden
3. If another character makes a good enough guess and shares it with others or acts upon it (when this condition takes place is up to my discretion)
4. If another characer uses some tool that would allow them to discover the parts that were hidden.

Regardless of the reason, once a part is revealed, it should added to the CS as soon as possible.

In any case, there are a few things to remember. For one thing, just because something in the CS is not hidden, that doesn´t mean everyone is automatically going to know it, it just means that it´s possible they would know.

Another important fact is that regardless of how hidden it may be to the other players, it has to be concrete and visible to me AND you. Even if you want to hide a fact, this is not a placeholder, it´s a cover over something that MUST fully exist and is part of your character.

Last edited:
The QEP system
manly pride.gif

3. "Quirk Evolution" System

By the end of each week, each player will receive a certain amount of QEP (Quirk Evolution Points) based on their contribution to the RP and their progress IC. Anything like helping new players ease into joining, helping the OOC run smoothly, helping to clarify the rules, aiding the plot´s motion, helping other get their character development, create great well-earned moments in the RP, or even just posting regularly, all of this can earn you points. These points will then be added onto the table in the OOC section´s first post and accumulate over time.

With one exception, sharing points is not a thing you can do. However, if you collaborate with someone on something that earns points, say, working together and create and intense and well-designed fight scene between the two, one may choose to give up their points and give what they would earn to the other. Such is entirely optional though.

While anything bought with QEP requires a lot of them, you can have great rewards. The most direct use is to evolve your quirk. This can mean reducing the limitations of a quirk, increasing it´s power in some aspect or in some cases adding an entirely new effect or special move to it (provided it is directly related to the quirk´s usual functioning and theme). However, there are many more potential uses, like having a cannon character do a cameo, getting an extra vote in the community vote, creating a villain to show up later, and many more!

To buy something with these points, tag me in the OOC and state that you want to make the purchase. You will have a 24 hour period to take it back, after which I will deduce the appropriate amount of points from your total, and register what you asked for. Depending on what it is, I may send you a PM to discuss certain details, so as to not have it conflict with the continuum of the RP.

The list of what earns how many QEP and the things you can purchase with QEP will be on the "Tasks and Shopping" section

NEW: Now we also have a new way of earning QEP, titled QEP quests.
QEP quests are little weekly challenges that earn you a special QEP bundle. They come in two formats: Competitions and Objectives
Competition quests are a challenge that players all try to do but only the ones that show the best performance earn the QEP. This QEP would be more than the usual amount of objective types. If you find contests fun, you may enjoy this. These are monthly, meaning they appear once per month and last for that whole month.
Objective type quests are a set of goals that any invidual can achieve and earn QEP, nomatter who else also earns it. these are weekly, meaning every week there is a new QEP quest of this type that lasts for that that week.

Last edited:
The Job System
mei flying items.gif

4. "Job" System

Peace Sign Academia is a boarding school with a particular philosophy towards adversity. One of the results of this is that they limit what you can bring to school with you. If it´s not on you, basically, it´s not allowed. This means even wealthier students are subject to the school´s allowance.
However, Peace Sign Academia is not a very wealthy institution, and so they allow their students to go over their allowance with effort, by taking jobs either part-time or for the academia itself.

There are two types of job: Fixed and Temporary
Fixed jobs are every-day part time jobs. You can come across them in many ways, namely chance meeting someone who works in the same place, persuing the job after one of PSA´s internships is over, or requesting PSA to help you find one. OOC, you must propose a job on the OOC thread after buying the "There´s nothing crueler than letting a dream end midway" pack at the QEP store. If I approve it, I will register it and I will then assign a paycheck. Keep in mind, then, that the paycheck is my assignment to make sure getting a job is still in-character. Fixed jobs cannot be lost once you have them, unless circumstances remove your ability to perform that job, you get fired (or miss too much school) or you decide to quit the job.
Temporary jobs are given by the PSA and pro heroes you may encounter. They mainly focus on dealing with some post-fighting hero work, such as rescue, salvage and repairs. You loose a temporary job as soon as you´re done with their task, but you do get a better payment than a fixed job would get you.

There are other means to come across money, such as gifts from your family, or selling something you brought to the academy, but these will be limited as well. In addition, the best grades in tests and combat will be given a larger allowance, though it not proportional all-around.

Unlike Quirk Evolution Points, however, money CAN be traded between players, so long as that transaction also makes sense IC. Sharing, bribery, gifting, whatever... those are all valid with money.

Money is much easier to come across than QEP, so naturally what you get with it isn´t as flashy. But you can still make some nice purchases. Decorating your character´s room, buying specific food instead of the canteen stuff, or even updating or upgrading your hero costume by purchasing new parts.

How much money you have in each character will be displayed in a table in the OOC section´s first post. When you wish to make a purchase using money, post what you want to buy with what OC in the OOC and tag me. You will have a 24 hour period to take it back before the purchase is official, at which point I will remove appropriate amount of money from the character´s total and register you have made that purchase.

The available jobs and what you can buy with money will be available on the "Tasks and Shopping" section

Last edited:
Written Tests
taking notes.gif
5. Written Tests

While pratical tests will be conducted and rated on a more individual level, written tests can be a bit trickier. As such, each test will be scored with a scoring of 1 to 5 in several factors, each point giving 5% of the score.
General intelligence
General Diligence
Emotional Stability

In addition to this, when the characters take a written test, the players will be given an OOC quizz the anime or the rp. This will account for 25% of the score of the written test.

Last edited:
Timeskipper
6. Timeskipper System

The timeskipper system is a system designed to counter IC stagnation by helping the players request time skips or at least something new to spice things up in a particular thread. On the appropriate section, the players report which of the choices is making them feel like they the thread is stagnating for them, and after a certain amount of votes accumulates, I will give a warning to the players to wrap their stuff before we move on to the next scene.

Community Votes
7. Community Votes
Community votes are simply votes taking place in the voting section by which players decide certain matters about the RP that I choose to delegate to these community votes. Co-GM and GM votes counter greater, though a player can spend QEP to make their own votes equivalent to those for a single vote.

8.Ban Categories
Technically ban categories are a mechanic unique to the roleplay though hopefully most of you will not have to experience it. They are a brand new feature that allows players to have a better notion of the risk they are in for getting kicked. Now obviously, we're not trying to brand players here, so these roles will not be made public, but a player can request to know where they stand at any time from any of the co-Gms or myself.
Note: While these are called "ban categories" players aren't actually ban in most of them, but they are simply a measure of how close a player is to getting banned or what behaviors might get them banned.

Spite- Someone who midly irritates me or a co-Gm. Not likely to be banned for it.
Knot- someone who has CS, questions or other issues along the same vein that causes them to be extremely time-consuming to deal with, repeatedly. Not likely to get banned, but should be dealt with as having a slightly lower priority.
Repeat Offender- Someone who has broken the same rule on multiple occasions despite warnings.
Discord Freeloader- Someone who hangs out on discord too much without making enough contribution even to the OOC. Will receive increasingly long bans from the discord chat, starting from a day to two days, three, then a week, two weeks, a month and then forever. Please participate in at least a couple of conversations OOC every week, each week that you are active on our discord.
Disruptor- Most wide cause for banning, anything that disrupts the order of the roleplay without explicit consent from me. Includes but is not limited to insulting players, co-GMs or myself (explicit jokes may be exempt), attempting to circumvent the rules for the sake of it, suggesting or in any way insinuating to another player they should or could break the rules, guilt tripping or similar tactics, starting arguments . Will innitially make it off with a warning, but these can most easily be placed into the Threat category.
Background player- A player who does not follow the rules for IC presence in tems of being there. Rules on this banning found in the rules.
Ghost- Someone who is in the roleplay but has no character for an excessive period of time. Allowed to participate in the OOC chat, but are easily movedto Threat category and are otherwise considered non-participants
Threat- Someone who is considered a danger to the RP. Starts with a temporary ban from the IC or OOC which is re-imposed for every two repeat offenses.
Thin Ice- Someone who has fallen to threat multiple times and is universally agreed by me and my co-GMs to be a problem, thus only staying with us by some other merit or mercy. Probablly permanently banned after just a couple more offenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back