• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

Rage Rage by the by, if you could keep OOC stuff to the OOC , that would be great. It's very hard to load pages here on the character section, so I really need it to stick to the essentials. Thanks

Rage Rage by the by, if you could keep OOC stuff to the OOC , that would be great. It's very hard to load pages here on the character section, so I really need it to stick to the essentials. Thanks
HAHAHAHAH! Gotcha Buddy but if you could possibly give a look through the quirk updates i did for Kuma so you could give me some feedback if need at all cause yuckeroni yuckeroni might not be online, it would be a blessing from god.

HAHAHAHAH! Gotcha Buddy but if you could possibly give a look through the quirk updates i did for Kuma so you could give me some feedback if need at all cause yuckeroni yuckeroni might not be online, it would be a blessing from god.
That's why i asked Yuckeroni to check what the differences were quirk-wise since at the moment I can't spare the net to get to your character.

That's why i asked Yuckeroni to check what the differences were quirk-wise since at the moment I can't spare the net to get to your character.
damn, you making another big IC post or updating stuff?

Quote:
"Lets get this over with! It's lunchtime and I have a hearty appetite!"
Name:
Kuba Koryusai
Nicknames:
Steak man
Desired Hero Name: {S}
Venomous
Chosen Extra Class:
General studies
Appearance:
(soon to be) Hero Costume:
Has a utility belt that contains some basics for stealth, and some armored plates with spikes to do some additional damage or protection when not using his quirk.
Height:
5'8
Weight:
Personality:
Kuba is known to be athletic, hardworking, and friendly. however this kid can't hold still if his life depends on it, this is mostly do to his ADHD. He has a hard time focusing in class, easily bored with subjects that he has no knowledge of, tho he tries his best to listen carefully if he can help himself. He also can't help but move at least one part of his body, otherwise he goes completely crazy. which is why he has a gripper to keep his body busy. However his excitement and dedication to working out is notable. He's known to be pretty focused and tense when engaging physical training. He has a no fooling around policy when it comes to training, but is known to goof off and be more laid back when he completes his daily workouts. He's also known to consume a large amount of calories which of course is known why. He usually packs himself at least a literal small feast of vegetables, meat, and a lot of rice. He's kind enough to share it with others if someone doesn't have anything to eat, but isn't willing to give it up if someone does have food on the exception that the person has a small amount of food at his/her disposal.

He's also known to not be the brightest kid when it comes to academics, sometimes he's seen in class taking a nap in which case the teachers come and whack him on the head. He does his best to actually learn something and even engage in those lessons. But sometimes he gets easily distracted with something, and sometimes he has to ask people to repeat their questions or statements since he becomes so lost in his mind. His best subject however is history as those foretell the stories of great events of humankind and heroes. He usually keeps a history book dating as far as ancient times. Any other subject tho he is only mediocre.

Kuba also has a strong will to give out a lending hand to those he needs, those that he deems close he tries his best to satisfy them and tries his best to not upset them or irritate them intentionally(Unless its for funny or playful reasons). Course he also has a prideful side of him that doesn't make him back down when someone comes to shove. If someone want's to fight and show their strength then that's fine, he doesn't back down from a fight when offered. Especially if it has to do with the danger of his loved ones.
working out
fighting strong opponents
helping out wherever he can
cats
baseball

Dislikes:
Soccer
Villians
cocky people
people making fun of his height
people pestering about his quirk
studying

Fears:
Losing those who he deems close
Losing himself

Mannerisms:
Always has a hand gripper to help keep him focused

Backstory:
Kuba was born on U.S soil in the state of Louisiana. His mother was the state champion within the Womens UFC. She even went to compete nationwide and got 1st place in her first tournament. After that tho she retired and decided to move the family to japan where Kuba's father was working as a hero. During his childhood his mother spent most of her time training Kuba in some martial arts and extreme physical training. Many of those who knew the Koryusai family saw this as a bit over the top and dangerous for such a young child. After all he started doing this physical training as early as the age of 5. However Kuba saw this as a fun activity and a good opportunity to hang out with his mother, sometimes even his father would come to train along with them and show off his strength. At the age of 8 his mother decided to get him into mix martial arts, to this day he's still undergoing training with his mother's gym.

When he started elementary school he was known to be very kind and was one of the first of kids to offer help in any sort of way to the teachers or volunteering to be someone's partner. He always got along with everyone, but some kids saw him as a nuisance. There were times when kids would attempt to fight him or pick on him. But usually he just ends up telling on them and informing the teachers that certain kids were trying to incite violence. When he was actually forced to fight, he would resort to using his quirk and thus barely winning or just running away.

When he was in middle school he moved to the city of musutafu things again got a bit hectic. When he was asked about his quirk he didn't want to say and thus rumors began about him being quirkless. It was put down to rest when he finally decided to show a bit of his quirk by turning only his feet to the venomous suit and walking up on the school walls for just a minute (He got in trouble and given detention for a week). At that point people finally left him alone and became more friendly with him. He didn't like that about people, having to have high expectation on someone's quirk and it having to determine that your a somebody.

Then in High school he met Yasui who happened to be a quirkless guy. Both were into sports and working out so they kinda hit it off pretty well. Everyone else saw this strange since he was mostly hanging out with a weakling. But he didn't care and he resumed his everyday life of working out, hanging out with Yasui, getting ok grades and finally getting to his junior year in one piece. The thing that everyone knows is that Kuba isn't really a smart kid when it comes to academics, but when his chances of going to Hero academia was on the line. He puts his heart and soul into studying, when he has a goal he makes sure that he gives his all. Yasui of course pitched in to help him study, tho in his description it was: "Like teaching a goldfish". In the end he managed to pass (barely) his exams. Now he has the opportunity to join the Hero Academia where he can achieve his dream of becoming a hero!

Relationships:

Misuki Koryusai- Mother of Kuba and a former U.S MMA fighter. She's known for her sticky goo like form in which she can shape to her desire. She also owns her own gym within Musutafu. (Her Father had chameleon like powers, so possibly that is the reason Kuba has a long tongue when using his suit)

Tazawa Koryusai- A Hero who has the quirk of "Bull" which grants him super strength but can expand it by expanding his muscle mass but slows him down.

Takai Koryusai-Annoying little sister who has a quirk climb walls and change color.

Yasui Kei- His best friend that has been with him since Freshman High school. He's known to have no quirk but is a funny and reliable friend. Both him and Kuba look at each other as brothers.

Quirk:
Venomous suit: Kuba when not being able to defeat his opponents in his normal physical form, transforms into his venomous suit. His suit allows a improvement in strength, speed, and agility. He can stick to walls or even run up on them. Even using long range attacks to slow/capture his opponents with his suits substance. He also has sharp teeth that contain a small amount of venom that he can inject into his opponents. Side effects of the venom include: Nausea, Headache, vomiting, sweating, and hallucinations that can last from 5-10 minutes. He can still get physically hurt, and is very sensitive to fire and extreme cold.
upload_2017-8-7_9-44-26-png.340596

Special Moves:
All or nothing: Utilizing every part of his body he quickly assembles about 20 slim like goo tentacles and begins to assault his opponent. Quickly attempting to cause some damage and then aiming for the limbs to ensnare, which he then proceeds to quickly throw as many punches and whip attacks as he can on the opponent.

Items:
A gripper, a bunch of snacks, and a compass

Skills/talents:
(in training still) Mix martial arts
Is good with directions and maps

Theme Song:
(Just for hype reasons)

Regarding the quirk, what kind of ranged attacks are we talking about?

About the backstory, if that initial part with the mother happened, she'd be in jail. A big aspect of Boku no Hero is the iron hand of the law. eitht advent of quirks , many laws, especially those relating to quirks, become more loosely defined but also much more strict about how they are imposed. In other words, if there is any debate about whether your character's mom would get sperarated from her child by child devices after putting them through extreme physical training in the real world, in Boku no Hero that would be a certainty. Especially considering she didn't have a big hero status to shield her from it.

The personality is still underflawed

Regarding the quirk, what kind of ranged attacks are we talking about?

About the backstory, if that initial part with the mother happened, she'd be in jail. A big aspect of Boku no Hero is the iron hand of the law. eitht advent of quirks , many laws, especially those relating to quirks, become more loosely defined but also much more strict about how they are imposed. In other words, if there is any debate about whether your character's mom would get sperarated from her child by child devices after putting them through extreme physical training in the real world, in Boku no Hero that would be a certainty. Especially considering she didn't have a big hero status to shield her from it.

The personality is still underflawed
But I never stated that she uses her powers in the UFC she literally just stays in her human form, I guess I forgot that her power is a transformation quirk or does that not matter?

But I never stated that she uses her powers in the UFC she literally just stays in her human form, I guess I forgot that her power is a transformation quirk or does that not matter?
Using her powers would only make the offense worse, but it is not what would make it bad to begin with. Putting a young child through extreme physical training could be considered child abuse. And in this particular setting , that "could be" becomes "definitely is".

Using her powers would only make the offense worse, but it is not what would make it bad to begin with. Putting a young child through extreme physical training could be considered child abuse. And in this particular setting , that "could be" becomes "definitely is".
Ok I can fix that and in fact I can just do the switcheroo on who's training him and etc (Dad). But to that first question about ranged attack I mean like shooting out spherical like black goo that sticks on others and hinders there movement.

Ok I can fix that and in fact I can just do the switcheroo on who's training him and etc (Dad). But to that first question about ranged attack I mean like shooting out spherical like black goo that sticks on others and hinders there movement.
I see. I'm gonna need a lot of detail on that, and as you put that detail in, I want to remind you that class 1-A is the primary hero course class in the best hero academia in the Japan , and that includes Mineta.

I see. I'm gonna need a lot of detail on that, and as you put that detail in, I want to remind you that class 1-A is the primary hero course class in the best hero academia in the Japan , and that includes Mineta.
:kissopeneyes:interestiiiiing. Also isn't my character being absentminded, forgetful, gluttonous, prideful, and fidgety not good? Or is there a specific explaining you want me to detail?

:kissopeneyes:interestiiiiing. Also isn't my character being absentminded, forgetful, gluttonous, prideful, and fidgety not good? Or is there a specific explaining you want me to detail?
Fidgety and gluttony are not serious flaws, you're not gonna be failing at important times because of them.
The whole ADHD thing while reasonably a weakness is a disorder, not his personality, so it's not a personality flaw.
Absentminded and forgetful might be flaws, but when you frame it like "sometimes he gets easily distracted with something" telegraphs just how inconsistent this is gonna be, making it not a serious flaw
The pride thing is actually well done, but one serious flaw in a sea of qualities is not enough by any stretch

Fidgety and gluttony are not serious flaws, you're not gonna be failing at important times because of them.
The whole ADHD thing while reasonably a weakness is a disorder, not his personality, so it's not a personality flaw.
Absentminded and forgetful might be flaws, but when you frame it like "sometimes he gets easily distracted with something" telegraphs just how inconsistent this is gonna be, making it not a serious flaw
The pride thing is actually well done, but one serious flaw in a sea of qualities is not enough by any stretch
Alright thanks for the input

Quote:
"Lets get this over with! It's lunchtime and I have a hearty appetite!"
Name:
Kuba Koryusai
Nicknames:
Steak man
Desired Hero Name: {S}
Venomous
Chosen Extra Class:
General studies
Appearance:
(soon to be) Hero Costume:
Has a utility belt that contains some basics for stealth, and some armored plates with spikes to do some additional damage or protection when not using his quirk.
Height:
5'8
Weight:
Personality:
Kuba is known to be athletic, hardworking, reckless, and friendly. however this kid can't hold still if his life depends on it, this is mostly do to his ADHD. He has a hard time focusing in class, easily bored with subjects that he's not into, tho he tries his best to listen carefully if he can help himself. He also can't help but move at least one part of his body, otherwise he goes completely crazy. which is why he has a gripper to keep his body busy. However his excitement and dedication to working out is notable. He's known to be pretty focused and tense when engaging physical training. He has a no fooling around policy when it comes to training, but is known to goof off and be more laid back when he completes his daily workouts. He's also known to consume a large amount of calories which of course is known why. He usually packs himself at least a literal small feast of vegetables, meat, and a lot of rice. He's kind enough to share it with others if someone doesn't have anything to eat, but isn't willing to give it up if someone does have food on the exception that the person has a small amount of food at his/her disposal.

He's also known to not be the brightest kid when it comes to academics, sometimes he's seen in class taking a nap in which case the teachers come and whack him on the head. He does his best to actually learn something and even engage in those lessons. But he most often forgets names and other essential information's so relying on him to remember is a no go since he struggles to bring out tid bits of what he remembers. His best subject however is history as those foretell the stories of great events of humankind and heroes. He usually keeps a history book dating as far as ancient times. Any other subject tho he is only mediocre.

Kuba also has a strong will to give out a lending hand to those that are in need regardless the circumstance, those that he deems close he tries his best to satisfy them and tries his best to not upset them or irritate them intentionally(Unless its for funny or playful reasons). Course he also has a prideful side of him that doesn't make him back down when someone comes to shove. If someone want's to fight and show their strength then that's fine, he doesn't back down from a fight when offered. Especially if it has to do with the danger of his loved ones. Before fighting a strong opponent he usually gives off a sort of overconfidence, underestimating his opponents and believing that his battle is easy. He can of course get a bit hot headed when his opponents taunt or is beating him, which he then slowly starts to become reckless and oblivious to his surrounding. He becomes fixated on taking out his target before anything bad happens which ironically he only progresses future damage that he wishes to avoid.
working out
fighting strong opponents
helping out wherever he can
cats
baseball

Dislikes:
Soccer
Villians
cocky people
people making fun of his height
people pestering about his quirk
studying

Fears:
Losing those who he deems close
Losing himself

Mannerisms:
Always has a hand gripper to help keep him focused

Backstory:
Kuba was born on U.S soil in the state of Louisiana. His mother was the state champion within the Womens UFC. She even went to compete nationwide and got 1st place in her first tournament. After that tho she retired and decided to move the family to japan where Kuba's father was working as a hero. During his childhood his mother spent most of her time training Kuba in some martial arts and starting easy in physical training and thus picking it up as Kuba grew up. When he got old enough to take on heavier weights she decided to take Kuba to her gym and personally trained in all sorts of physical workouts. Of course having a mother who was also a nutritionist helped a lot. Whenever he wanted to train with his quirk he would ask his dad to help out which he gladly obliged whenever he had time.

When he started elementary school he was known to be very kind and was one of the first of kids to offer help in any sort of way to the teachers or volunteering to be someone's partner. He always got along with everyone, but some kids saw him as a nuisance. There were times when kids would attempt to fight him or pick on him. But usually he just ends up telling on them and informing the teachers that certain kids were trying to incite violence. When he was actually forced to fight, he would resort to using his quirk and thus barely winning or just running away.

When he was in middle school he moved to the city of musutafu things again got a bit hectic. When he was asked about his quirk he didn't want to say and thus rumors began about him being quirkless. It was put down to rest when he finally decided to show a bit of his quirk by turning only his feet to the venomous suit and walking up on the school walls for just a minute (He got in trouble and given detention for a week). At that point people finally left him alone and became more friendly with him. He didn't like that about people, having to have high expectation on someone's quirk and it having to determine that your a somebody.

Then in High school he met Yasui who happened to be a quirkless guy. Both were into sports and working out so they kinda hit it off pretty well. Everyone else saw this strange since he was mostly hanging out with a weakling. But he didn't care and he resumed his everyday life of working out, hanging out with Yasui, getting ok grades and finally getting to his junior year in one piece. The thing that everyone knows is that Kuba isn't really a smart kid when it comes to academics, but when his chances of going to Hero academia was on the line. He puts his heart and soul into studying, when he has a goal he makes sure that he gives his all. Yasui of course pitched in to help him study, tho in his description it was: "Like teaching a goldfish". In the end he managed to pass (barely) his exams. Now he has the opportunity to join the Hero Academia where he can achieve his dream of becoming a hero!

Relationships:

Misuki Koryusai- Mother of Kuba and a former U.S MMA fighter. She's known for her sticky goo like form in which she can shape to her desire. She also owns her own gym within Musutafu. (Her Father had chameleon like powers, so possibly that is the reason Kuba has a long tongue when using his suit)

Tazawa Koryusai- A Hero who has the quirk of "Bull" which grants him super strength but can expand it by expanding his muscle mass but slows him down.

Takai Koryusai-Annoying little sister who has a quirk climb walls and change color.

Yasui Kei- His best friend that has been with him since Freshman High school. He's known to have no quirk but is a funny and reliable friend. Both him and Kuba look at each other as brothers.

Quirk:
Venomous suit: Kuba when not being able to defeat his opponents in his normal physical form, transforms into his venomous suit. His suit allows a improvement in strength, speed, and agility. He can stick to walls or even run up on them. Even using long range attacks to slow/capture his opponents with his suits substance. This long range attack is a spherical black blob that is directly from Kuba's suit that he can rip off or shoot out of his body. His effective range to hit his target with this projectile is about 50 yards away, but the farthest he can throw is about half a mile with all his strength. Being hit by one of these baseball size blobs is like being hit by rubber bullets. Once in contact with his target he can manipulate the black blob to somehow subdue, temporarily blind, or slow down his opponents. He also has sharp teeth that contain a small amount of venom that he can inject into his opponents. Side effects of the venom include: Nausea, Headache, vomiting, sweating, and hallucinations that can last from 5-10 minutes. He can still get physically hurt, and is very sensitive to fire and extreme cold.
upload_2017-8-7_9-44-26-png.340596

Special Moves:
All or nothing: Utilizing every part of his body he quickly assembles about 20 slim like goo tentacles and begins to assault his opponent. Quickly attempting to cause some damage and then aiming for the limbs to ensnare, which he then proceeds to quickly throw as many punches and whip attacks as he can on the opponent.

Items:
A gripper, a bunch of snacks, and a compass

Skills/talents:
(in training still) Mix martial arts
Is good with directions and maps

Theme Song:
(Just for hype reasons)

I will have have to get to your quirk later, as I'm gonna need some translation regarding the measurements , but regarding other matters:
*I forgot this earlier, but what are the "stealth materials" in this toolkit in the hero costume?

*What do you mean "essential information" in the personality?

I will have have to get to your quirk later, as I'm gonna need some translation regarding the measurements , but regarding other matters:
*I forgot this earlier, but what are the "stealth materials" in this toolkit in the hero costume?

*What do you mean "essential information" in the personality?
Like remembering an address/location or remembering a key information that may be regarded important, remembering people's faces or landmarks, etc. He has to be constantly reminded/hammered the information before he can fully remember

Also stealth equipment like smoke pellets, tracers, lock picks, and a tranquilizer gun
That's a bit excessive. Like lock picks, and go some extent provided they are what i think, smoke pellets and tracers can be ok, but a tranquilizer gun is too much. It's a bit too much of an edge, it doesn't interact with the quirk at all, and doesn't even mesh with the type of character this is. I would argue that anything other straightforward fighting seems a little out of character in fact, but since the other equipment, again, provided that I am understanding what you mean, are not too much do a fighting edge to be acceptable.

Like remembering an address/location or remembering a key information that may be regarded important, remembering people's faces or landmarks, etc. He has to be constantly reminded/hammered the information before he can fully remember
Well, what about stuff from the lessons? Or other people's quirks and fighting styles? The rules of a fight?

That's a bit excessive. Like lock picks, and go some extent provided they are what i think, smoke pellets and tracers can be ok, but a tranquilizer gun is too much. It's a bit too much of an edge, it doesn't interact with the quirk at all, and doesn't even mesh with the type of character this is. I would argue that anything other straightforward fighting seems a little out of character in fact, but since the other equipment, again, provided that I am understanding what you mean, are not too much do a fighting edge to be acceptable.

Well, what about stuff from the lessons? Or other people's quirks and fighting styles? The rules of a fight?
If he's being taught about something in combat or the rules of fighting he listens with . But when he's in combat with others he usually just goes in overconfident in his quirks and abilities which doesn't help as of course people can take advantage of that and his reckless thinking. If something from his lessons matches a similar situation of that training, he may try to apply it. He also doesn't survey where he's going to fight which allows opponents to pick their battles.

If he's being taught about something in combat or the rules of fighting he listens with . But when he's in combat with others he usually just goes in overconfident in his quirks and abilities which doesn't help as of course people can take advantage of that and his reckless thinking. If something from his lessons matches a similar situation of that training, he may try to apply it. He also doesn't survey where he's going to fight which allows opponents to pick their battles.
Alright , Just wanted to confirm, since whether or not the forgetfulness was actually battle-applicable basically determines whether it even can be a serious flaw

1:
It enable him to thrown around 500 lbs

2:
It enable him to thrown around 625 lbs
(when augmented, but base is 500)

1:
sprinting at speeds of 22.3 miles per hour.

2:
sprinting at speeds of 21.2 miles per hour.

and then some extras in the 2nd profile
16.4 miles per hour and overall stamina as the new weight that acquires makes it harder to move around and it takes alot more energy to move at such monstrous size as Kuma reaches when his whole body is enlarge and augmented but he is far more durable in this state compared to normal. Additional, Kuma can enlarge selective parts of his such as his arms, legs or torso/neck/head which will only yield a 25 lb increase in strength while a 1.2 mile per hour decrease as his body weigh will by 30 lbs which will result when he enlarges his entire body, he will weigh in at 605 lbs.

Idea Idea

yuckeroni yuckeroni

Base Strenegth is 500 lbs but full body enlargement and augmentation is 625 lbs.

Sorry for the messed up speed, i forgot something but i didn't realize it was speed. Gonna get on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back