• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

PbtAstuck: Act 1 (Maya)

> Narration: Begin

A young woman stands in her room. It is the 2nd of May, 2021. Though it was sixteen years ago she was given life, it is only today she will be given a name!

What will the name of this young woman be?

> Enter name.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow

> Enter name

Music-chick edgelord

> Try again, jerk.

Maya Blanche

> Maya: Examine room

among us in real life is stuck in my head help me.png
[ Credits - sprite , room layout , msc items ]

Your name is MAYA BLANCHE, the previously mentioned young woman. You stand in your bedroom located in an UNSPECIFIED BIG CITY in America.

Your interests include EVERYTHING RELATED TO MUSIC, MAKEUP, FASHION, and SMOKING THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE (responsibly, of course). You spend your free time writing songs, chillin' out, and chatting with your three best friends. When you were a kid, you would play at the park with your grandpa, play with other kids, other things like that. Over the years, you began to stay inside more as your grandpa began to stay out of the house more and more. You still go and explore the big city from time to time, climbing through crumbling, abandoned apartments, watching the warm colors of the sunset.

In fact, you just got home from a nice, small exploration of an old market. It's always interesting to see how even just 10 years can make a place fall apart, with nature overtaking it slowly with walls crumbling and plants growing everywhere. But a trip like that always wears you out... so it's time to do something a bit more chill!

What will you do?

Oh hell yeah.

maya sunglasses.png

You're more of a sunglasses - funglasses? - kind of gal, but you do have eye glasses you're technically supposed to wear... but you prefer contacts. Damn, you don't look half bad! You decide to captchalogue the STAR SHAPED GLASSES for now, maybe you'll have an emergency fashion situation later. After all, you never know when you'll need to look your best!

You try on various different glasses, some of your eye glasses, some funglasses of various colors, as well as touch up your makeup. Now... to brush your hair again or to not? Truly, these are the toughest choices a girl your age should face. Hmm, nah. Looks kinda cute messed up and imperfect.

> Maya: Remember that thing you have to do

You remember that you need to remember something... but damn, you can't remember! Something that your friends were expecting you to do, probably. Your g'pa doesn't really ask much of you. Oh well, if it's important, you'll remember at the destined time or get reminded.

> Maya: Chill out and jam out

It is time to go 'doot doot' on the melodica and stare at the ceiling while you lay on your bed. Not before opening your laptop and changing your pesterchum status to ONLINE! Gotta let your pals know you're home from your grand adventures in an abandoned walmart or something.

> Maya: Doot Doot

Doot doot your worries away. Doot doot until something disturbs your peace.

> Maya: get pestered by chum!

You hear the familiar ding of your laptop. It seems like one of your friends is trying to message you!

Oh hella. Setting down your melodica, you sit up and lean against the wall while you check your messages.

goldenCircle [GC] has started pestering captivatingCadence [CC]
GC: Hey Maya
CC: hey what's up :)
GC: Saw you were online
GC: Excited about the game?
GC: Also what was it called, I cannot for the life of me remember

CC: ohhh yeah
CC: tbh i kinda forgot but im excited to play it w/ u guys
CC: i think it's suburb or smthing

GC: Oh yeah
GC: Thanks the reminder, it’s called SBURB or something
GC: Wait I’m an idiot why didn’t I just check the site
GC: Duh

CC: lol dw abt it
CC: what were u up to anyways

GC: Looking at SNITCH currently
GC: Dunno if I told you about it, it’s superior to Steam in all manners

CC: mmhm
CC: its like a game platform right
CC: i cant claim 2 know much abt it in gen
CC: so ill take ur word on it
CC: ill stick to what i know 4 now since im tryin the game out

GC: Oh, do you have it already?
CC: oh no not yet
CC: i just meant in gen
CC: even if i did i wanna w8 until u or someone else gets it so im not stumbling around not knowin what im doing hehe
CC: im just spacin out playing my melodica rn

GC: Hold on, just found something weird
CC: ? :O
CC: wut

GC: Was playing around, found this weird file, says README
GC: Gimme a sec to open it

CC: kaaay~
GC: Hey, did you get a weird tutorial program with your purchase of the game?
CC: havent installed it yet but not when i bought it
GC: Hm.
CC: wut came up
GC: Yo, this is messed up.
GC: It’s telling me I’ve gotta collect the discs quick or Jaze dies

CC: wtf
CC: i would say fuck this game then
CC: not a funny joke

GC: Okay but like I’m worried now
GC: It essentially just threatened Jaze then paused itself until I start the game

CC: hm
CC: i mean
CC: ig if u dont wanna risk it
CC: just be careful ya?

GC: Yeah, got it
GC: I think I’m gonna work on this for now
GC: See you

goldenCircle [GC] has ceased pestering captivatingCadence [CC]

Well, that's concerning to say the least. You can't help but worry about Jaze a bit, even if it is a dumb joke. You don't particularly like the idea of your friends getting hurt. It's probably not real, but just in case...

> Maya: Allocate strife specibus

You make sure you have your trusty STRIFE SPECIBUS! You remember your g'pa telling you about how concealed weapons are important to have on you in case you need it. Better to be prepared and listen to the old man's lesson. You set your computer down, moving to your vanity once more and assigning the LIPSTICK as the concealing part of the concealed weapon. There we go!

You're sure the others will be fine, and even if they aren't... there isn't much you can do. That's a fact in your life you've had to come to terms with. You can't do much to change anything, so might as well try and not worry... easier said than done, though.

> Maya: Chill TF out

Putting on some music, turning the volume up loud so you can't hear your own thoughts. Hopefully g'pa isn't home, but if he is, he can deal with a little loud music. Falling back against your bed, you decide to take a smoke break. You really don't wanna think right now.

> Maya: Proceed to calm down some and do your version of self care.

> Maya: Relax

You begin to try and relax, starting with deep inhales. However, your ritual is INTERRUPTED by the sound of a low thump coming from the downstairs. By no means is it loud or causes any rumbling, but it does catch your attention amid the loud sound of music. Did....did something fall? You don't know if your g'pa is home, but.....he is getting a bit old. You hope he didn't drop something or have an accident down the stairs.

Mh....wow this is really harshing the mellow right now. You feel a bit too anxious to try and just ignore it and calm down. After all, what if something bad happened?

> Maya: investigate noise

You know, after that creepy message threatening Jaze and then some explosion happens outside his place? You're definitely worried... this tension won't be good for your muscles, your ✨ beauty ✨, or mental health. You better go and see if g'pa is okay, since it's really the only thing you can actually do right now.

> Maya: Leave bedroom

Hopping off your bed and onto your feet, you quickly move out! You exit out into the somewhat small hallway, glancing down to your grandfather's bedroom before peaking over the railing to see if he fell.

MAYA: grandpa?
MAYA: everything ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back