• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

PbtAstuck: Act 1 (Jaze)

> Narration: Begin

A young man stands in his room. It is the 2nd of May, 2021. Though it was sixteen years ago he was given life, it is only today he will be given a name!

What will the name of this young man be?

> Enter name.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

> PoopFart Snickerbottom

Wrong

> Stink DonkeyFlute

Rude

> Jaze Keyman

bluh.png
You are infact Kaze Keyman, a sixteen year old young man who is currently looking at yourself in a mirror and hateing the fact you have to wear that stupid bandanna, You hate it, you are certain it hates you, but it's better than dealing with lice... You aren't even sure how you got them. But this is how it is now and you figure its for the best...

For a time anyways...

It doesn't change the fact you hate being bald.

Swaying slightly, you wince at the sun's reflection, the window behind you giving a ray or two just enough to sting the eye. You grumble, move away from the offending piece of furniture and stand in the middle of the room, giving the audience a better look at it. Abit messy with dirty clothing laying around, the moderate amount of living space in your attic flat is yours and yours alone. With a bed laid infront of a window that lays opposite to another, which was your designated Star observation spot. You.... Actually why bother with the usual opener for this type of thing? Doesn't the GM already know what you like and do?

Your a astrology loving nerd, a dweeb and a wierdo.

Officially as well, your brother last year only gave you a certification of nerdiness that is a DnD manual.

He didn't need to, but hey, nothing like holding the book in hand right? Even when it was all online.

....So what now?​

Ah yes the star charts, you have a couple pinned to the walls for ease of access (Plus they look nice) so thats a simple task. Upon the wall you eye the one for your hemisphere and think on what should be seen at this date.... Speaking of it's one of your friend's birthdays today right? Should probably say hi to them sometime.

Since it IS the good thing to do as a friend right?

But first, the star chart... lets see....

Err... Wait what date WAS it today?​

> May the 2nd PoopFart!

You take a look at some of your charts for today. Hmm, some interesting things are manifesting in your Houses as of now. The stars that are so often visible this far outside of civilization. So you feel like you're better attuned to their ideas.

One word seems to be the takeaway for today: change. Career, life, love all seem to be on the table for it. It's rather unnerving.

> Examine nerd manual

Your nerd Manual stands triumphant atop your bookshelf, on a shelf on it's own next to a couple figures you had made for your precious characters.

Smagbar the Barbarian.

Garsengmon the Wizard.

And Smiley Pete the Rogue.

Pete wasn't your favorite, but he certainly was a good fellah despite his profession.

Granted, you are hard pressed to play evil or selfish characters since they... Don't make the game fun for those who have to deal with them.

In the end the goal is to be a hero right?

Smagbar was even a father, going out to raise up funds for his eight children.

Very important to think on the story for your characters to make them feel alive, having them be just some nobody who appeared out of thin air for the sole purposes of the game seems cruel and confusing to imagine.

Outside of Grasengmon, he is a wizard and doesn't need to be explained.

Wizards do as wizards do.

> Jaze: stargaze

You realize the futility of this command almost as soon as you hear it. It is bright and sunny outside and won't be dark for another couple hours! There's no way you can just star gaze all willy nilly.

> Jaze: obsess over own baldness

Orikanyo Orikanyo

First of all YOU ARE NOT BALD JUST SHAVED OKAY!?!?!

SHAVED NOT BALD!!!

YOU HAVE VERY SHORT HAIR AND IT IS OKAY AND NOBODY IS LAUGHING AT YOU!

SO MANY OTHERS ARE ALSO BALD.

WHICH YOU ARE NOT.

AND LIVE HAPPY LIVES!

Your hair will grow back in time!

And theres no need to worry.

Or capitulate.

Or fuss.​

>

Suddenly, you hear a rather loud noise, followed by a sort of rumble in the distance that makes your house shake a bit. For a second you don't catch it, but then it quickly subsides. What.....what the hell was that?

> Jaze: Look outside window

You do, in fact, look outside your window.

Rather easy since its rather big.

Hey, maybe your bro got a motorcycle running?​

> Jaze: Look

Oh woah.

Yeah no, that's not a motorcycle. You see in the vast distance is a bit of smoke coming from the desert. It's quite a few paces outward, meaning you couldn't make out whatever it was, but maybe something exploded? It's hard to tell. It's just hazy gray smoke as far as you can see. You turn around. Hm.....should you tell someone? You suppose there isn't exactly an EXPLOSION POLICE. But you guess telling a friend and investigating wouldn't hurt much.

> Jaze: Tell a friend, and get ready to investigate

[AC] astralCarabinier began pestering [CC] captivatingCadence
AC: Yo yoyoyoyoo a explosion just happened outside my place.
AC: Like legit smoke and everything.
AC: Stars didn't say the sky is falling, so... Uhhh....
AC: Shit I should go see what it is huh?
CC: wait
CC: r u srs
CC: on 1 hand this better not b a joke but on the other hand....
AC: Legit, big smoke pillar.
AC: Big boom.
AC: Real wierd
CC: wack
CC: id b careful w/ getting near it
CC: might be like
CC: dangerous n shit
CC: i dont want u 2 get hurt
CC: but i wonder what it is...
AC: Legit probably bro doing somethin.
AC: Then again the whole house shook...
CC: wtf would ur bro b doin that would do that
CC: like would he put u in danger like that :(
AC: Uhh, nah its aight.
AC: Sure its nothin'.
AC: Maybe.
CC: somethin tells me u r not sure abt that
CC: i heard a sound here 2
CC: i need 2 make sure its not my gpa
CC: fuckin sucks tho bc i was gonna smoke to destress and then i just hear
CC: thump
CC: so gotta make sure he didnt fall or somethin
CC: bc idk what else it would be
AC: I'M SURE ITS FINE
AC: Whoops capslock
CC: lol prob
CC: still gon make sure
CC: bc i wont be able 2 chill otherwise
CC: ill b back
CC: b safe j
AC: you to! See what the boom waz about
captivatingCadence [CC] has ceased pestering astralCarabinier [AC]

Shes always nice, if abit.... spacy?

So... best you head down and figure out whats going on.

Narrator! Take him away!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back