• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ๐๐€๐— ๐‘๐Ž๐˜๐€๐‹๐ˆ๐’

neon reverie

แด…ส€แด‡แด€แดแด‡ส€ แด…ษชsแด„ษชแด˜สŸแด‡
Roleplay Type(s)

• the story of

PAX ROYALIS !

i can't help but love you, i'm overcome in this war of hearts.

โ™กdesign by low fidelity, coded by uxieโ™ก

THE LETTER
Greetings, children of new.

It is time.

We are once again standing at the precipice of a new dawn; the beginning of an era and the end of an aeon. We have seen the wars you waged, the battles you lost and the feuds youโ€™ve won. We have seen your kingdoms rise, your empires fall and your nations preserve. It has been so long, but we have watched, we have observed, and now, we behold.

Behold the futures that are weighing on your shoulders, for the crown is heavy, but the weight of every tomorrow and all its life is heavier. Fair, it may not be. Endure, you must. For history has its eyes on you, for better or for worse.

Are you scared? Do not be.

We are here to cross distances between land and sea, build bridges where there was only empty space. You will be closer to reaching the stars in your mind and fates in your heart. Serendipity is near; you only have to accept where it may land.

Accept when it calls you.

You might have heard words of this from the ancestors you buried or burned. They were wrong and oh so true. Still it matters not what you know and do not know, for the past is the past and the present is something entirely else.

Let it all go, both your knowledge and ignorance.

it is time to forego what tethers taint you so, forego the days you have lived; the only glimpses you have to catch are the ones yet to be seen, the only eyes worth holding the ones of lands different yet dazzling. No, do not abandon everything that paints you so; we wish to see you whole; every shade, every gleam, every caliginosity, every false smile, every true scowl โ€” give us everything. Give us all of you.

Ony then, you will leave us with desires answered and purpose achieved.

Come.

It is time.

It is time for you, as the ones before, to join us where trees whisper, reflections change, paths come and go, and love blooms as it dies.

Call this an invitation.

To your future. To us.

To Mirror Isle.

THE INTRODUCTION
Welcome to Pax Royalis: a low fantasy rp that follows the royal and powerful of eight countries as they join a months long event on a strange island to forge new relations, be it alliances or marriages, with one another... 100 years has passed since the last time, now the island opens for those chosen once more. Again, it is up to these heirs to write history with wars of the past and futures near but uncertain. There are secrets to be discovered, mysteries to be solved, and peace to be maintained. Nevertheless, these questions still stand: what do you want to gain? And how much do you have to lose?

This roleplay will have a focus on the following (mature) themes: political intrigue, death, betrayal, romance, schemes, prejudice, violence etc. If this tickles your fancy, feel free to peruse the lore and rules before applying. ๐Ÿ’•

MAGIC LORE
Every human is born with the ability to develop magic; but if they will develop it is the actual question. Scholars have argued whether genetics play a part in a child's magical development or not, but all will tell you there is no way to guarantee a child's ability. More or less, it seems to be a matter of luck; there have been cases of entire generations going without a single magical child, while in some all family members will have some degree of magic. Children usually develop the first signs of having magic at around six to eight years old, at which point they might start training.

Magic is not spells or potions. It is not whispering ancient scripts to the wind.

Those who are lucky enough to gain magic will only gain it in a single power - it can be as minor as making flowers bloom in your footsteps or as destructive as bringing fire to houses and cities. You may be able to talk to animals, to walk through walls, to never get wet in the rain; but that is all you will do in your life. Only a few rare, once-in-a-generation people are born with more - and I promise you.

In this world, it pays to not be too great.

CREATURES LORE
Humanity is not the only life to tread along nature's paths; it shares the land with magical creatures, drooling to devour a stray child or protecting every beggar they come across. Some are smaller than an ant, some send cities shaking with a single footfall, some play tricks, some clean your bed when you're gone, some eat your bread and drink up your milk. Despite fairytales telling otherwise, they cannot have children with humans; but they are a constant companion to them, for better or worse.

OOC RULES
Please be 18+ and have a discord.
2. This should be a given, but OOC drama will not be tolerated and neither will be any sort of bigotry.
3. Be respectful to your fellow writers and let other characters have their time in the limelight, too. Your character might stand to lose now and then, so please keep that in mind.
4. Please be able to post at least once per week. We understand if real life comes in the way, but this is not a ghost friendly roleplay. If you know you might not be able to commit or are going to ghost, please don't join! Losing interest is totally fine, but please be honest.
5. Be able to write around two paragraphs.
6. To leave some room for mystery and events, please don't pre-establish romance at the beginning! While we can't actually keep you from doing so, it would make the events we made predictable and a bit boring. Please respect this, for the sake of making the roleplay more fun!
7. This roleplay is not first come, first serve. Please scroll down for details!

CHARACTER GUIDELINES
We are looking for a diverse cast of characters that all have their own ambitions, goals and of course - faults! This goes without saying, but too perfect characters are not fun.
2. Again, this is not first come first serve. There will not be any CS, but we ask you to PM us ( neon reverie neon reverie or mother of sorrows mother of sorrows ) a concept introduction of your character. You can include anything, but the basics are full name, sexuality, country of origin, goals... and a secret that will be used against them. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Writing samples are also greatly appreciated.
3. If none of the kingdoms interest you, you can make up your own as long as you run the idea by us first!
4. Realistic faceclaims or descriptions only.
5. Your character doesn't have to be strictly a royal or a noble; religious authority, merchants or politicians are also considered for an invite.
6. The character limit is two per country - although that doesn't mean every character for every country will be accepted.

LINKS
country lore - the eight kingdoms
Q&A - question question

SPECIAL THANKS
thank you to @weldherwings for saving our non-bb coding asses in this dire time of needs. she was so kind to materialize our lore design into a viable and pretty code. again, we are indebted to you and bow down before our coding idol.

second special thank you to miyabi miyabi for withstanding the harrassment of mother of sorrows mother of sorrows for information. you also saved our truly ignorant asses and provided us with some delicious details that elevated our fictional countries to a new level. our eternal gratitude for your brain ๐Ÿฅบ

Last edited:
ea67f55b006030cea93e379cc0cffd7c.jpg

pls join yall we wrote so much lore in three days straight our minds are GONE
d2fd3a98412ca64f0e49eac3ddce0e20.jpg

OH YUP Iโ€™m already loving this! Just slapping my interest now but Iโ€™m def Gonna eat up the lore. Gotta respect the grind!!!!

das ist crazy im looking staring respectfully

whats the appropriate time to wait before sending chara ideas ๐Ÿ˜ณ dont wanna overwhelm yall

HELLOOOO THIS IS SO SEGG SEEE YOUR BRAINS GIVE ME
3A175BC6-760B-424C-ACC9-580265768A6F.jpeg

BELIAL. BELIAL. you can send it right away!! we have no lives so ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

B58510B5-8FFF-4912-8E3D-40DB714F299F.jpeg

we might have lost part of our mental stability in the midst of zooming this rp but the interest is giving us happiness once more. i canโ€™t wait to see all of your beautiful concepts. i got my wedding rings ready ๐ŸงŽโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’

something we forgot to mention, since our brains are dead rn - a spot for vexira is already taken.

hi count me in pls ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I'm entranced. Count me in.

Edit: Sevyershina pulls me in. I want to give it a prince.

Last edited:
aaa im so glad u guys are interested - there is a fair amount of interest for aurice, so we would love to see charas for other countries too!

oh, and a note just so you guys know when making your characters - sevyershina has a crown prince and vexira has a heir of the ruling family. c:

๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ i stare politely (and my filipino ass is internally sCREAMING at bandiama)

Last edited:
we might wait 2 days or around that time to see more characters and after that we'll probably start accepting people!

B0D3564E-F4E6-464F-B0A4-BD7AAF268DDB.jpeg
me when i see all the delicious applications.

but ALSO there is still time till we accept the first characters! both sebaja and wandukur donโ€™t have any applications yet; so donโ€™t be afraid to throw us some charactertussies ๐Ÿฅด๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’—

Users who are viewing this thread

Back