• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings patron saints of our blissful imperfections | gothic/modern gothic vibes, monster x human

boydivision.

about me / rule info

- I'm 25+, so please be 20+ if you'd like to roleplay
- Available here or discord
- I describe myself as semi-lit. I have been leaning more towards shorter replies to keep the flow of an rp going rather than getting bogged down with advanced literate or novella sort of exchanges. Roughly 1-5 paragraphs, depending.
- I like both fandom and oc roleplay, not so big on mixing the two as a rule but who knows!
- If using face claims, I like to use realistic ones rather than animated.
- I usually lean towards lgbtq+ pairings if romance is involved in a plot, but I like all sorts of dynamics!
- I love plotting, I love exchanging random ideas or info about characters/plots!! I love talking ooc! I love, love visuals, the more visuals the better! I love aesthetics and things that remind us of characters or a plot! Go nuts with that stuff!

plot

Okay there is no plot, there I said it. All I have is a general concept of an odd little human who feels sort of isolated from humanity forming a bond with a monster creature. I have lots of general ideas, just know it's all quite open

- an enormous victorian era manor where a character is sent to babysit some children who are full of stories of monsters under the bed, in the attic, out in the hedge maze, inside the big pond ?

- an injured ww1 or ww2 soldier seeking refuge in the countryside thinks they are losing their mind when they start seeing monsters in an abandoned cottage ?

- a lonely modern day ( or maybe 1960s 🤔 ) office worker is "haunted" by a monster only they can see. they get calls from a raspy voice at the office, meets their unfathomable form on the bus home, finds them in the bath in their apartment

Again, general vibes/ideas/thoughts!

All fairly open when it comes to plot and settings and dynamics and such, but the only thing I am really set on is I don't want a monster that basically acts and LOOKS human, I don't want a vampire, or a werewolf who is human most the time, I want to unleash the monsters!! I am picturing Guillermo Del Toro sort of vibes, pan's labyrinth, crimson peak, the shape of water, etc!

Please shoot me a pm or a comment if you're interested!

I am curious as to which fandoms you are into because some of these settings could work with some fandoms that I love and I do have a specific one in mind for the whole an injured ww1 or ww2 soldier seeking refuge in the countryside thinks they are losing their mind when they start seeing monsters in an abandoned cottage.
If you more interested in listing them in DM, feel free to I shall do my best respond back shortly c:

I am curious as to which fandoms you are into because some of these settings could work with some fandoms that I love and I do have a specific one in mind for the whole an injured ww1 or ww2 soldier seeking refuge in the countryside thinks they are losing their mind when they start seeing monsters in an abandoned cottage.
If you more interested in listing them in DM, feel free to I shall do my best respond back shortly c:
Oh hello! I can dm you (:

Hi! Interested in something along these lines, especially needing a fun but lazy rp atm lol. Do you like futuristic/sci/fi type plots/settings as well?

Hi! Interested in something along these lines, especially needing a fun but lazy rp atm lol. Do you like futuristic/sci/fi type plots/settings as well?
I'm not crazy about sci-fi stuff really but could depend on the plot! Shoot me a pm if you'd like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back