• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Patient Zero (A Zombie Survival RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
cooltext311650301659415.png
20190109_010920.png
Interaction: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Mentioned: King Vioogra King Vioogra Brax Brax
Leliana couldn't sleep. Visions of what had happened flashed infront of her eyes every time she managed to doze off, and it would jolt her awake before any substantial amount of time had passed. Tossing and turning, it felt like she wouldn't get comfortable, that the blankets were trying to strangle her. She was defeated thoroughly. Eventually, Leliana sat up, planning heading out to go sit outside or to go and try her luck on the couch downstairs, when Colt stumbled in and passed out. Leliana just sighed, tossing a blanket on the bed off and on top of her. Leliana wasn't going to risk getting punched by putting a pillow on her, but still. The girl didn't even bother putting some pants back on.

Sneaking downstairs was easy enough, and while the door squeaked a bit, it didn't wake anyone as she went outside to sit on the front porch. The chill of the night air, the stillness, the silence. In a way it was comforting, but it let her mind wander. And soon, silent sobs were shaking her shoulders. The stress, the guilt, the grief, the anger...it had hit her all at once like a head on collision woth a fucking semi. Leliana hugged her knees close to her chest, doing her best to stay quiet before she really didn't want anyone seeing her like this. It never ended well.

Maybe a good hour passed before she was able to calm down, a numb somber feeling washing over her. She was cold, exhausted, and finally ready to head back inside. When she did, Leliana didn't even bother going back upstairs, she just collapsed on the couch in the living room, and was finally able to sleep.

The lovely smell of coffee unfortunally not what pulled her out of a still slumber. It was Colt's voice. Slowly, she sat up, eyes still practically shut, but she managed one thing. "Shhhhhhh, it's too early." Leliana always had a hard time sleeping, and an even harder time getting up, so if anyone tried talking to her right now, it would be like addressing a lump. She was actually going to turn over and go back to sleep when she realized that her legs were really cold. Pulling her eyes apart, despite the overwhelming desire to immdeiatly closed them again, she took in her surroundings. It wasn't her bedroom, nor her living room, or the staff lounge at Moe's. The brief panic of wondering where the hell she was woke her up quicker than anything else probably would, until she was hit with a giant reminder. The bandages on her arms. That's right, the school, the cabin...lodge, thing. She was in Andy and Owen's lodge after being rescued by a guy in a camper. Her brief morning bliss was replaced instantaneously with the crushing reality of the horrors she had encountered just the day before. A wave of nausea hit her like a ton of bricks, hand immdeiatly covering her mouth while the other cupped her stomach, but as she sat there, waiting, nothing came and it eventually passed.

Leliana sat there on the couch, her feet touching the floor, for what seemed like a long time. She didn't want to get up she didn't want to face what was outside, she didn't want to deal with the reality of what her and the others would have to face, but she couldn't stay there forever. Finally, she forced herself up. She fixed her underwear and tanktop so they were covering everything well enough, looking around for a jacket or something, but she didn't see anything. Oh well. It's not like she really cared. Walking out of the living room area, she looked around for anyone else, obviously other than Colt, yawning as she began walking towards the kitchen. She could tell her bedhead was gonna be pretty bad, so she'd have to find a hair brush. If couldn't, maybe someone would grab one during that little scavenging thing Luca mentioned.

Which was probably what Colt was yelling about. Leliana would ignore that for now, her focus on the coffee she could so clearly smell. She wasn't the biggest coffee person, but it considering the situation, she felt like she needed some. Walking into the kitchen, flinching at the cold when her feet touched the foor, she would spend a moment fishing through the cabinets looking for a mug, and was happy to find one. Pouring herself a cup, and adding three sugars, she walked back out to the living room, but stopped. Turning, passing Luca as he walked back in, she stood in the front door to address Colt. "Morning," She said with a tired smile, "You want some coffee?"

Last edited:
9e8e3e9f54ff8105f17cef844ea9ebe5.jpg

Focusing was hard feat to do. By the time they had slowed down into a motel the adrenalin had worn off and the pain was constant.

Rouges face was for the first time twisted to something different from her usual neutral expression. Her teeth were bared and she had a almost feral expression. She wearly looked at the doorknob for a second already knowing that shes gonna have to take off pressure from her wound. After a bit of hesitation she quickly let go and pulled at the handel.

Rouge grunted as she stepped out. For a moment the world seemed to tilt as she got a head rush. She didn't know if that was from the loss of blood or from the absence of the adrenalin shes been running on all day but she leaned on the car for support, put pressure back on her wound, and closed her eyes for a few moments as she got herself together.

__ ”- ow! Ruu that hurt! Please hold still! Now let me-”

“Just do it ****. Here, ima- ow! She bit me again!”

“Ruu were just trying to help ok? Look! **** got special band aids this time! They got turtles too!”__

Her breathing was still harsh and the pain didn't subside but at least she had a clearer mind when she opened her eyes. Good thing too she thought. Otherwise she probably would have snapped at the next person that got near her…. Literally…..

Rouge left her back pack and her ruined shirt in the car, they were already beyond salvageable. The wound was on her bicep, blood dripped down her chest and arm, the fresh blood brighter than the already dried darkened blood. She kicked the door shut and followed Jenna inside feeling a bit unsteady.

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Jenna: Moe's Motel

[IMG='width:576px;']https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloristshop.ru%2Fimage%2Fcache%2Fcatalog%2FManic_Panic%2FElectric%2520Amethyst%2FEA-007-800x800.jpg&hash=483b3e1c4d339e5d11b55a6407c94b85[/IMG]​

Once Rogue sat down, Jenna went through her things and started to clean up. Her hands still had a little bit of blood on them from earlier but she quickly washed it off in the bathroom and applied a pair of disposable gloves. She got a close look at the wound, looking at Rogue's arm. It didn't look like the bullet had torn through an artery at least, otherwise there would have been a lot more blood.
She sighed in relief. The next step was looking for an exit wound...

"Shit!" She snapped "The bullet's still in you."

The Collie whined as her owner set her down and struggled to wag her tail as he stroked her head.
"I'll do all I can."

With the dog closer, Jenna got a full look at her injuries. At least two entry wounds in her stomach. A shot like that would have torn a smaller dog in half, and she wondered how the Collie was still breathing to begin with.

"Okay. Right."

She reached into her backpack, pulling out a makeup bag and retrieving tweezers.
"I'm going to need to pull out the shrapnel. If you were lucky the bullet stayed in one piece and I'll only need to do this once. If not, well...We could be here a bit longer."

Jenna let out a heavy sigh and looked up, into Rogue's eyes.
"I don't have anything for the pain, I'm afraid, but bite down on one of the pillows if you need to."

Liezarria Liezarria AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Rouge: currently not having a good time in the motel The Mad Queen The Mad Queen AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

“...”

Ruu paled. She didn’t expect for the bullet to still be inside. And there was no pain medication or anything to numb the pain. She avoided eye contact for a bit as her thoughts ran a mile a minute.

This wasn’t good. Well she had a bullet in her arm so obviously it wasn’t but…..

__”look at those children.” one adult tittered.

“I hear they grew feral” the other one gossipped. The first lady gasped.

“I understand that one boy but the other two? They look too sweet to be troublemakers! “

“They don’t look it right? But iv’e heard that the one with the glasses made a bomb at their school. Only reason they didn’t take him away was because they didn’t find any fingerprints.”

“A bomb!?”

“Yeah. and the little girl? Heard she almost bit the doc's finger off when she broke her leg. He had to go to the city hospital.”

“No!”

“OI! SHUT UP YA OLD HAGS! WE AIN’T DEAF!” the two ladies screamed as the tan boy stomped up to them and slammed his small fist on their table. He glared at them as they ran off. It would have been hilarious for two grown women to be running from a child but said child had a fresh scar running across his face and a glare sharper than glass

YEAH! RUN AWAY YA COWARDS!” he screamed then spit a glob of snot in their directions. The pale boy with glasses ran up to his “brother” wheezing. He was the physically weaker of the two yet much of the town feared his intellect. After all, he was indeed the one who made the bomb even if no one could find proof against him...

“******! Stop running off!” glasses whined

“Aw! Don’t be such a baby ******!” scarface teased. He pointed at their little girl companion. Their little “sister”

“Look! Ruus the one in a cast and she isn’t even tired!” he laughed. The little redhead girl simply blinked as scarface ruffled her hair. At the affection, Ruus dead eyes seemed to catch the light for a second making them gleam silver. Soon though her eyes deadened as she caught sight of the women's retreating backs.

“....” her hand tightened it’s grip on ‘glasses’ hand.___

Rouge gulped.

“W-wait…..uh…..no i…..this is going to sound unorthodox but…...before…….before we do anything…...it might be for the best to tie me down if theres nothing to dull the pain….”

At the weird looks she got she ducked her head even more

“Uh….just….just trust me…..i...get….. Bitey sometimes” the last part was so quiet she couldn't even tell if she actually said that part or not.

Shinoa Bradford
New Location: Moe's “Don't Tell” Motel
Last Location: Downtown Bar
Interactions: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Pregnancy Progression: 39 Weeks

Countdown to Childbirth

185359_windrunner007fin.jpg
An Unexpected Guest For the next couple of hours after the sun had set, Shinoa spent it resting in bed. Due to the fact that the phone lines were down and communication most likely being cut off since the town was most likely now under quarantine, Shinoa was worried about her Grandmother and could only hope at the very least that she had made it out of the city in time. If that were the case, hopefully her Dad would get wind of what was going on. And she already knew that her Mother could care less. Something happened to the people. With the heavily armed soldiers, wearing gas masks and unconventional armor, the young mother was naturally scared for both her safety and that of her baby. If she were to end up dead...What would happen to her baby if she survived? Shinoa didn't even want to answer it. There was also the matter of the man she saw in the alley in a hospital blood, covered in blood stains. That left her worried about even going outside because there were most likely more people that had ended up like him. There had to be a safe place that she could seek refuge somewhere. As these thoughts traversed through her mind, Shinoa felt her baby kicking from within her belly. Looking down at it with a somber expression, she gently stroked the side of her belly with her finger. For now they were safe and that's what mattered.

Up next on Shinoa's list of concerns was childbirth. Whatever was going couldn't have happened sooner, couldn't have chosen a better time. Because she was due in a week; six days after the sun rises again. And if she were to go into labor out in the streets, she would be vulnerable, something that she was scared of. As she heard noises from outside, Shinoa slowly got out of bed, but felt a dull pain in her belly. Gently rubbing it, she sighed and hoped that there wouldn't be any more strong contractions for the remainder of the night. Her body may be preparing for childbirth, but she sure as hell wasn't ready. "I may be over being pregnant, but...I'm not sure if I am ready for the next stage yet...Which is getting you out." She sighed before waddling over to the window to take a peak from behind the curtain.

During the process, the baby kicked. "Oh, okay, sweetie...Please, I'm really tired..." She pleaded, feeling exhausted after what had transpired throughout the day.

Outside, she saw a man, armed with a rifle, knocking on the doors. Her first instinct was to turn off all the lights and away from the windows. Of course, she even kept the curtain closed. As she sat back down on the bed, she felt a sharper pain in her belly. Sadly it was a contraction. "No, no, please, not now...Not now..." She pleaded as she cradled her belly on the verge of tears as she looked up at the ceiling briefly.

As she looked at the door, Shinoa went to the furthest corner of the bed and relaxed, hoping that the current aches and pains would pass. While the man outside could be another survivor looking for a way out of the city, Shinoa wasn't sure if it was safe for her to take any chances. As she contemplated on a Plan B, she continued to rest. Until that man passes, she was going to be staring at the door all night. Having locked it earlier, as well as wedging a chair under the handle, there was no way in hell that he was going to be getting in, but at the same time, she had no escape route either. As she remembered that slight detail, she regretted holing up in a hotel room of all places. Sighing, she kept her eyes on the door, while continuing to caress her belly to soothe her unborn child.

[class=BackgroundPicture1] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor1] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name1] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#7d3c05; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img1] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #7d3c05; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon1] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#7d3c05; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar1] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #7d3c05; border-bottom: 1px Solid #7d3c05; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line1] border: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status1] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture1"] [div class="BackgroundColor1"] [div class="Name1"] Luka Cole[/div]
[div class="Img1"]
image0-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status1"] Status

Interacting: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Liezarria Liezarria

Mentioned: N/A

Located: Motel; Right??
[/div]
[div class="Line1"] [div class="Icon1"] Actions[/div]
"Okay. Right." She reached into her backpack, pulling out a makeup bag and retrieving tweezers. "I'm going to need to pull out the shrapnel. If you were lucky the bullet stayed in one piece and I'll only need to do this once. If not, well...We could be here a bit longer." Jenna let out a heavy sigh and looked up, into Rogue's eyes. "I don't have anything for the pain, I'm afraid, but bite down on one of the pillows if you need to.
“W-wait…..uh…..no i…..this is going to sound unorthodox but…...before…….before we do anything…...it might be for the best to tie me down if theres nothing to dull the pain….” At the weird looks she got she ducked her head even more “Uh….just….just trust me…..i...get….. Bitey sometimes” the last part was so quiet she couldn't even tell if she actually said that part or not.
Luka stood guard. Peering out the window along with actually taking the effort with locking everything. Those "authorities" at the barricade could still find them, somehow, someway. Probably coming now, but now that they're in the city what way could they leave with out being seen? If they were desperate, people would be sent after them. Else, they left little trio to the zombies, to hopefully die. Which may not be far with Rouge injured. Part of him waved it off, Jenna here would help her. If not, she was just a stranger, he wouldn't feel that bad. Jenna here, might.

"Tie, you up? because you bite?" He raised a brow. Bite? Really? Out of everything they were going to have to worry about her biting them is added to the list??? "Lord above we're not tying you down, if your start getting," he paused, "bitey." A snort escaped him, it was ridiculous and refreshingly humorous to him. Then again, she might think he was making fun if her. Partially he was, the other part just didn't want to deal with this. "I'll just hold you back till Mad Max here does her thing."

"If anything, take her advice, you can bite one of the pillows. or here." Luka walked to the back of the room, taking one of the smaller cloths in the motel bathroom. Rolling it up he handed it over to rouge. "Just bite that and not us. Should be that easy right?" His gaze shifted over to Jenna, "Right?" Right??? [/div]
[/div] Code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith [/div]

[IMG='width:576px;']https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fcoloristshop.ru%2Fimage%2Fcache%2Fcatalog%2FManic_Panic%2FElectric%2520Amethyst%2FEA-007-800x800.jpg&hash=483b3e1c4d339e5d11b55a6407c94b85[/IMG]​

Jenna laughed at Rouge's response, and quickly covered her mouth.
"Sorry. I don't know what came over me." She shook her head "It's just..." She sighed "Given my old profession, I mean before I punched a guy and got fired. To be fair, he was demanding that we put down a healthy dog to spite his ex-wife. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, getting bitten by a patient was an occupational hazard for me."

The first piece of shrapnel was easy to retrieve, and Jenna noted how lucky the Collie had been. A little bit to the left and her stomach could have been pierced. Despite the dog being out-cold she stroked the side of her head.
"Good girl. Almost out of this."

She took a deep breath and moved to extract another piece of shrapnel.

Seeing that Luka was restraining Rogue, Jenna nodded and got to work. She didn't have the right tools to sticking one of her own fingers in the wound in order to expand it would have to do. Unorthodox and something her university professor would have yelled at her for, but it would have to do.
"I see it."

Placing the tweezers inside, she removed a piece of a bullet.
"Shit." She muttered "Okay. Looks like the bullet split in half when it hit you. I'm gonna have to go again. Good news is, it didn't hit an artery."

Jenna winched as she extracted another piece.
"Okay. That's two." She muttered, hiding the shakiness in her voice

She expanded the wound again, holding it open with two of her fingers and placing the tweezers inside. The second piece put up more of a fight.
"Just like operation." She whispered "It's just like operation."

She winced as she pulled the fragment out, presenting it before throwing it in a bin sitting next to the bed.
"Okay. That's step one." She breathed a sigh of relief "Now, I need to clean the wound, stitch it up and then wrap it. Now, you're going to need to be very careful. If the stitches rip open...Well."

Sweat trickled down her forehead as she started to stitch the dog back up.
"You're so going to hate me for this. You'll need to wear a stupid-looking cone for a few months at least." She smiled

"This is going to hurt. A lot."
She proceeded to dab antiseptic over the wound, wincing slightly.
AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Liezarria Liezarria

Doctor Ralph Fisher: Moe's Motel
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg

Ralph's hand tried the handle on the next door. It was locked. He thought about going back to the reception area and trying to find spare keys and was just about to turn around when he heard something. A voice, a woman's voice.
"No, no, please, not now...Not now..."

Ralph stopped in his tracks. He couldn't be certain as to what room the voice had come from, but it was close. If there was any chance of finding survivors at the motel, he had to take it. If they were hurt, he had medical training and if there was a chance they were infected, he had to take that into consideration as well. Leaving someone in a motel room to turn was irresponsible and unkind.

"Hello?" He called out "Is someone here?"
He started to walk by a few of the rooms, now knocking on the doors.
"My name is Ralph Fisher. I'm a Doctor." He spoke as calmly as he could "If you're hurt, I can help. If you're in need of protection, I can help with that too."

He tried another door, finding that not only was it locked but there appeared to be something blocking it on the other side. A barricade, perhaps? Most likely if there was someone alive on the other side.
He gently knocked on the door.
"Hello?" He called again "If you're alive, please give me a sign...I've seen..." He shook his head "Look, I just need some good news today. It's been. It's been Hell."

Ralph had only cried five times in his life previously. At his mother's funeral, at both of his grandparent's funerals, when his wife had given birth and while deployed in Africa to deal with the Ebola outbreak.

There had been a boy, younger than his own daughter who had succumbed to the disease. As much as Ralph had tried to treat him, he died anyway but it wasn't until he was back in the States, out of a forty-eight hour quarantine and met the eyes of his own child that he finally broke down. Now, he found his eyes welling up with tears. Having spent most the day running or hiding he hadn't had a chance to mourn for his colleagues and their deaths hit him like a punch to the gut. He covered his mouth and collapsed in front of the door, sobbing quietly in the darkness.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#4f1818; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #4f1818; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#4f1818; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #4f1818; border-bottom: 1px Solid #4f1818; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #4f1818; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"]
Lilly Verde
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
image0.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: Maj Maj

Mentioned: Brax Brax Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal FireMaiden FireMaiden King Vioogra King Vioogra

Located: Where ever Andy is at the moment I guess
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] Actions[/div] The bed felt, a bit cold upon waking up. Her hand reaching out to feel no one beside her. Had he already gotten up? Blankets were pulled back, her feet touching the floor for a moment before reeling back. It was a bit cold for a moment. She had to get out of bed sooner or later. Seeing how she was already left alone, better to be sooner than to wallow in her thoughts. The murkiness of sleep subsided the long she stared done at the unfamiliar floor. At leas she was used to sleeping in jeans. How many times had she fallen asleep drooling on her desk at home.

Now was the real test. Standing. Lilly stood, to sit back down....or to resume her day. Tough choice. In the end the girl went forward to the bathroom, cold water splashing on her face, some of it dripping to her shirt before drying it off. A look in the mirror showed her hair sticking out in odd places, a moment taken to smooth it down before heading downstairs.
Marcus! Ivan! Owen! Out here! Now!” she called into the lodge as she went outside to wait. She hoped to get back soon enough. She was hungry, having not eaten since the day before. And frankly, she wished someone else could lead them. But… she was assigned to. So that was it.
All right, girl. Have at ‘em.” Then Luca took his leave, entering the house the same way he had exited it and moseying back to the kitchen for another glass of mudwater.
The smell of Coffee wafted through the air as she entered the kitchen. Her nose scrunched up, Lilly disliked the stuff. It made her stomach turn. Looking out she saw Colt calling out for the others. Lilly had no time to say good morning to Marcus, and just said nothing at all to any one. Silently she went to see if there was something to make to eat. If she heard correctly there was a group going out for supplies. Well by the time they would come back everyone would be more than hungry.

Looking around in the cabinet's she picked out a few things, waffles were on her mind. That would be easy to make for everyone. Though before she started to help her self to what ever, she sought out Andy, this was her and Owen's cabin right? Better to ask if it was ok to use this stuff in case. Upon finding the red head she inquired, "I was thinking of making some breakfast for everyone, if its alright to use what you guys have here?" [/div]

The following post is a 4-way-collab between Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Maj Maj King Vioogra King Vioogra Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕥, 𝕀𝕧𝕒𝕟, 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕦𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕆𝕨𝕖𝕟
Owen woke up feeling like he had been run over by a truck. Everything in his body ached from the events that unfolded the day before. It wasn’t that he wasn’t an active guy, but it had been a long time since he had actually had to work hard at keeping himself alive. Reputation and intimidation had done wonders at keeping the majority of people who wanted to cause him harm at bay.

He had gone to bed pretty quickly after Andy had stormed out of the house, with nothing to do but worry about her it seemed like the best idea to put his weary head to rest. The first thing he noticed, was that despite the fact he had taken the room with the bunk beds, Ivan had never taken his claim on the bottom bunk. He was careful to not smack his head on the ceiling as he maneuvered over the guard rail and down the ladder.

It appeared that many of the others were already awake as he heard some mixed voices down stairs. It didn’t take him long to gather his stuff from one of the spare dressers in the room. He stayed here often when he was visiting his uncle which meant that there were definitely some extra clothes for him. He had been so tired the night before that he hadn’t bothered to change. He quickly grabbed a change of clothes and made his way to the shower to clean the grime and death off of him.

Now showered and feeling mostly awake, Owen came down the stairs two at a time. It was just in time to hear the woman named Colt belt his name from outside. The redhead made his way out to the porch to find out what she needed.

You rang?” Owen asked as he stepped out the double doors and into the cool fall air.
Ivan had been looking through the closet of one of the spare bedrooms for a clean shirt and decently warm jacket when he heard Colt shout his name, as muffled as it may have sounded. He looked up from his selection before sliding off his bloodied t-shirt and slipping on a black short-sleeve one before quickly putting on a dark green jacket he’d found. Still needing to gather a few things before he was ready to leave, Ivan stepped down the stairs quickly before rummaging through the kitchen cabinets for his necessities. He found a working flashlight relatively quickly, giving it a few light clicks to test its battery before slipping it into his pocket. Also finding a pair of binoculars hanging from a key area and hung them around his neck before finally going towards the door and stepped out.

“We all ready to go?”

He asked, quickly adjusting the sleeves of the jacket and looking among the people who all would be going.

Marcus jumped up from his slumber slightly scared from the yelling woman, he looked around wishing he had some extra clothes around but decided to take a shower anyway since who knows how long they would have until there would be no running water left. He quickly took his shower and put on his basketball practice tracksuit, it was the only clean clothes he had. He rushed downstairs to where Colt was waiting for the group awaiting their scavenging adventure! Something worried Marcus though, he noticed Colt was far more serious than usually...scary but whatever...maybe she just didn’t feel so good from all that drinking last night.

Umm...ya I’m ready, I got the key to the shop and emptied my bad so we could carry some extra supplies, should I have brought a gun? I figured we would find some sort of blunt weapon along the way so I wasn’t going to bring the AR I got from one of the Hazzies.” He looked around at the group who was going, seemed like a good unit of scavengers to be with, felt like he was a runner from Maze Runner. He chuckled to himself.
Colt jumped as a voice greeted her from behind, offering her coffee. She turned to see her room-mate Leliana offering her some. Smacking her lips slightly, Colt thought about it. Maybe coffee would be good to clear her system and help her think straight.

Yeah… That’d be great.” she gave the woman a slight smile. Once she had the coffee, she saw the three men she shouted for come outside. Ivan appeared well armed already, which Colt was happy about. Marcus asked what sort of weapon to bring. The vet took a methodical sip from her coffee. It had been months since she last drank coffee but it was good.

Hm. Blunt sounds good.” she answered shortly. Yep, a sober Colt was a woman of few words. She turned her head to see Owen also emerge, much to her relief. For a moment she thought he wasn't going to. Limping to the man, she offered him the freshly loaded Glock.

Turning to them all, she stood in front of them, holding her mug. She would have looked like a proper soldier if she wasn’t pale, red-nosed, dark under the eyes and hardly able to stand straight. Drinking more of the coffee, she let out a sigh before speaking.

Luca wants us to go back into Aurora for supplies.” She said, rolling her eyes a little “Though you already know that… Anyway. We’ve got two places to hit. My apartment and Marcus’ dad’s shop. If we got time, we’ll look for more. The main priorities are weapons, ammo… weapons that don't need ammo, food and medication.” she didn't mention the cigarettes because she already knew where she could get some. Colt didn't mind a smoke herself once in a while.

I need you lot to pay attention.” she added, beginning to stumble-pace back and forth in front of them, “Don’t leave each other’s sights, if you see a Hazzy, tell me first. Don’t want a mess. Split into twos and threes. And if I hear any shots without my say-so…” she did not finish that sentence, allowing her own glare to provide them the answer.

...So. Any concerns before we go?” she finished the rest of her coffee and discarded the mug. The coffee alongside the shit-ton of aspirin she had taken was easing up her migraine but the pain in her leg prevailed. But that was a problem for her to tackle, not them.

Owen listened to Colt speak to the group thoughtfully. It was a little shocking that Colt had picked him to go with her, they two had barely spoken. Owen had no idea how to use a gun at all, not that he wasn’t threatening or able to take care of himself in his own right. But still, it was apparent that this group was composed of people who could handle guns.

If we have time we should go to Bert N’ Ernies,” Owen added. “I have keys to get in and I happen to know they are pretty loaded when it comes to ammo and weapons. I used to work for them…” he added as an afterthought.

Owen had lived in Aurora his entire life. If nothing else he knew that he would be able to do his best to direct the others to safety. If they took mostly back alleys they may be able to avoid most of the hazmats lurking around. He didn’t feel exactly confident admitting his faults but figured it was better to do it now than when it was the difference between life and death.

Listen, I have no idea what I’m doing with a gun to be honest with you. I’m much more comfortable with like maybe...a bat or something?” Owen felt dumb as he stumbled over his words. When push came to shove, he was stronger than he was agile and he was much better at hitting things than he was aiming things. Andy was the one they wanted for finesse, he was the one you wanted when you wanted something pummeled.

I’ll grab one out of the shed on the way out, I know this town like I know the back of my hand. If nothing else I can make sure we get through as undetected as humanly possible. I can leave whenever.” Truth be told, Owen wanted to check on Andy but it was apparent that despite the fact that the apocalypse was upon them, she wasn’t any closer to forgiving him. Owen decided to let her sleep as much as possible.

I’ll follow your lead boss lady,” Owen said and gave Colt a warm smile.
Ivan looked at Colt as she gave a quick but effective briefing of the run they’d be doing. A definite possibility could be the hardware store not far from the Pawn shop Colt mentioned, but that was likely meant for a different run. All he’d really need were nails, gunpowder, and tin cans and he could make more powerful versions of his homemade grenades. Of course, he’s have to carefully teach everyone how to safely use them as to avoid anymore injury at the hands of his creations, but he was a tinkerer ina sense. Making things from nothing intrigued him, finding new combinations boosted his intrigue even further. After Colt had finished her briefing, Ivan looked between the other people on this run, sizing them up and trying to guess their strengths and weaknesses. He’d never been very good at reading people so all he really got was that Owen was good with bats, mostly because he said it but the details are unimportant. He cleared his throat quickly before speaking up.

“I specialized in reconnaissance in my last career, so if anything needs to be scouted out I’m your man.”

He said, a gentle confidence radiating from him as he realized his potential worth in the run.He’d been a bit of a problem in the past with his squad because he was constantly trying to show out with his skills, so Ivan decided early on he’d keep it simple since complex reconnaissance wasn’t completely necessary against mindless foes.

Hm. That’d work. Need as much as possible.” She nodded at Owen’s impute, glad that he was taking this seriously, “Try finding ones that don’t need ammo too.” She added but was still content with doing that if they could. The keyword being ‘if’. She appreciated his words though.

Colt, like any decent person, stayed quiet as Owen admitted his faults, how he was unaccustomed to using a gun. She did inwardly groan though. Luca wasn’t exaggerating then. If they didn’t know how to shoot, what were they going to do in an ambush? A bat is all well and good against one or two zombies but not a hoard. And certainly not Hazmats. It was like what Lt. Lorrie would say. “You challenge a bus to a fight, who’s always gonna win?” which was something Colt would always remember. Damn, that woman had a phrase for anything. With a nod, the woman swiftly took back the Glock from the man’s grip, putting it in it’s holster. This was going better than she had expected, and she was beginning to feel more confident about this whole thing. She was still sick as a dog but she had to do what Luca wanted.

I appreciate the impute, Owen.” She gave the man a shadow of a smirk as he referred to her as ‘Boss-lady’ “Very good.” she dismissed him as she then turned to Ivan as the Russian spoke up. He mentioned reconnaissance, something Colt had not heard for a long time. She nodded her head or only just nodded because doing the motion too much would rattle her sore head too much.

Very good, very good, brilliant.” she said in earnest, “Right… here’s what we’ll do. Ivan, you walk in front. Don’t run ahead unless I say so.” she added, a sharper edge to her tone. She meant this, if he tried to pull any stunts under her command, she was not going to take it.

Ivan’s in front, I’m behind him, then Owen and Marcus,” she turned to the younger man, “I need to you to watch our backs,” she instructed him. On paper, bringing up the rear sounded like a boring and unimportant job, but Colt knew that in actuality, watching their backs was actually the most important. Hazmats could flank them, they could be followed by zombies that nobody notices until too late, and it was not just them. Other survivors would potentially see them and if they had nobody watching, would simply attack from behind.

Any other questions?” As she asked this, she heard the sound of Lilly asking if anyone wanted breakfast. She turned to the three men with a tilt of her head. She hadn't thought of that. It would be better for the men to eat before they headed out on their trip.

...Wanna go grab grub before we go?

FireMaiden FireMaiden AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

coollogo_com-224054.png
superthumb.jpgThe feel of a dry throat and cotton mouth was what finally woke Andy from her slumber. Before she even attempted to stand up she could feel the blood pulsing in her temples and the gurgling in her stomach from going on a drinking binge without food in her system. Thinking back the poor girl had forgotten to eat at all. Coffee and whiskey was not exactly a well-rounded diet.

She was wise enough to sit up slowly, the blood rushing to her head made the room spin. She put her four on the floor to ground herself and waited for the room to settle. Her reluctant roommate was already up, she could tell both by his lack of presence in the room and the steam that still came from the bathroom that she hasn't missed him by much.

Andy also took the opportunity to shower. She was still covered in grime and blood from the day before, and she didn't even want to think about what sort of nastiness had made its way into her hair. The hot water felt good on the sore muscles in her body and she took her time scrubbing her scalp clean of any gross residue. Damp, clean, and smelling like lavender-vanilla, Andy made her way out to the living room

Many bodies were up moving around, but Andy paid them little attention. A familiar smell was possessing her toward the kitchen. Some wonderful person had made coffee. One of the worst parts if living by yourself was having to fumble through making coffee while half asleep. Waking up to it premade was downright heavenly.

Andy was dressed in the same short pajama shorts and a clean hoodie pulled up over her damp hair. She grabbed her favorite mug from her coffee cabinet and poured herself a steaming glass off the dark liquid. The smell comforted her as she felt the warmth of the ceramic mug in her bands. Gently, she put the cup to her like and sipped.

“Blahg.” The sound of disgust escaped her lips as the drink came out of her mouth as quickly as it went in, and back into her cup. Who made this abomination of a pot of coffee. She suppressed the desire to bitch at whoever made it publicly and instead grumbled to herself as she reached up on her tiptoes to reach for the premium foil bags of unground coffee beans.

She moved in a way that it was apparent that she didn't care about the other people in the kitchen or if they were looking at her at all. As she reached the soft fabric of her pajama shorts shifted, showing the smooth skin of her upper thighs, the bottom of her hoodie pulled up showing the subtle curves of her hips and stomach.

Andy was able to get what she was after, a Sumatra dark roast and poured some of the beans into a grinder to be crushed into her perfect consistency. The girl dumped the pot down the drain and started a new one, noticing that whoever made the pot had used the garbage coffee her uncle often used.

She didn't wait for the pot to finish, the second there was enough to fill her cup she yanked the glass container out of the machine and filled her glass, letting some of the caffeinated beverage drips onto the burner and sizzle into nothing. Placing the pot back, Andy went to sit on the couch. Her legs crossed beneath her as she sat with both hands around the warmth of the mug in a child-like manner.

The smell of food was wafting but Andy’s stomach hadn't settled enough to enjoy it. It churned with a mix of hunger and nausea at the smell of cooking. She opted instead, to sip on the warm beverage and observe. This was something she did often, if there was a skill for people watching, Andy would be a pro. She learned the most about people this way, they were more likely to act like their true selves when they didn’t feel like they needed to put up their guard.

Owen found her and came to sit next to her. The girl stiffened at his presence, she wasn’t looking forward into getting into another argument with him. But he looked sort of like a wounded puppy when he came over and Andy softened her stare.

“How are you feeling?” Owen asked her, taking his place on the couch. Andy scoffed. How was she supposed to feel? The world was going to shit and she was forced into a house with a bunch of people she barely knew.

“At the moment, hungover,” Andy said taking another sip of her drink. She expected to be scolded but instead was met with Owen’s laughter. She cocked an eyebrow at him. “What?” She asked, somewhat aggressively. Owen shook his hands in a disarming way.

“I’m not here to lecture you Andy, it’s just weird to hear you say it. I’ve never seen you drink.” The statement was a fair one, she mostly drank at school or at the lodge, never at home. Andy gave a small smile in response.

“Listen, I’m going out with Colt and some others to gather up some supplies. Do you need anything?” He asked. Andy took the time to think over this request. She basically lived at the lodge during her off time, so she was pretty good to go. Hunting supplies aplenty, food and clothes were all covered for her.

“Nothing pressing. Just for you to come back unscathed,” Andy said after a moment. Owen cracked a wide grin that took over most of his face.

Ah! So she does care!” Owen exclaimed with mock surprise. His sister scowled at him and rolled those emerald eyes of her.

“Come on Owen, you annoy the shit out of me. I don’t want you dead. I’m not a heartless monster.” The words were bit at him, like a retort that had been on her held tongue for far too long. He softened, realizing that he had ruined whatever nice moment they had been sharing.

“Right,” he said softly. “I know that. I’m leaving after breakfast. I’ll be careful.”

“Good.” Andy said, eyes staring into the blackness of her coffee.

“Make sure to eat something...okay?” his voice was hesitant, scared of setting her off again. Andy only nodded and Owen went to rejoin the others in the kitchen.

Mentions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt) FireMaiden FireMaiden (Leliana) Brax Brax (Luca) Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal (Marcus) AgWordSmith AgWordSmith (Lily) King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan) TheTreForce TheTreForce (Ray)

Last edited:
Shinoa Bradford
Interactions: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Pregnancy Progression: 39 Weeks, 1 Day

Countdown to Childbirth

185359_windrunner007fin.jpg
Hope?Shinoa sat up when she heard the knock on her door. To her own dismay, it would seem that she was loud enough for whoever was outside to hear her when she cried out in pain. Or were they already right next to the door. When there was a knock on her door, she covered her mouth. She regretted saying anything at all. If she had just kept quiet, they would have passed and she would have gotten some time to rest. Even then, she probably wouldn't make all that far. She couldn't run or anything and could go into labor at any given minute as she was close to her due date. Knowing that not very many babies are born on their due date was enough to leave her worried about going into labor at the worst time possible. The Hospital was probably the worst place to be right now as well, given what was going on. As she continued to piece together what was going on, she heard a man's voice.

"Hello?"

"Is someone here?"

"My name is Ralph Fisher. I'm a Doctor."

"If you're hurt, I can help. If you're in need of protection, I can help with that too."

"Hello?" He called again "If you're alive, please give me a sign...I've seen..."

"Look, I just need some good news today. It's been. It's been Hell."

There were a few knocks on the door as the man spoke. Shinoa was reluctant to open the door, but judging by the tone in his voice, it sounded like he had a horrible time. When he mentioned his name, it did ring a bell in Shinoa's head. She sighed before getting out of bed. Looking at the clock, she frowned. She had gotten almost no sleep in the last couple of hours. Not even a chance for a nap and it wasn't helping that the pregnancy was taking its toll on her. Getting out of bed, Shinoa waddled towards the front door. She hesitated to unlock it as she heard...crying. Looking down at her belly and sighing, knowing that she was taking a huge risk letting someone in, she prayed that it would not come back to haunt her later as she shuttered at the thought of becoming a crazy flesh eater, or whatever she saw in the alley the previous day. Shinoa removed the chair that had been wedged under the handle of the door before unlocking it. She then opened the door and what greeted her made her heart sink. Sighing, she looked down at him, which was a little difficult because her stomach was in the way. "Well, Doctor Fisher, you'll get both good news and bad news..." Shinoa replied, breaking her silence. "Good news is...You found another living human being. The bad news...I'm very pregnant and I'm due next Tuesday."

[IMG='width:494px;']https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FXb3LgrdwFNo%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&hash=285b8c8c46999b40cd2784011d51d9ad[/IMG]
Milly McDonald
Milly had no concept of time. In a pitch-black room, it was impossible to know if it was day or night. The lights were motion-sense sensitive, but Milly did not dare move. Her mother had told her not to. But she said that… she did not know how long ago it had been now. But that was not the only thing that was frightening the youngster.

Inside the cubical, thankfully behind a locked door, was a monster. It had not stopped snarling, gurgling and banging against the door to free itself. At least, that’s what Milly thought. She could only guess it was a door from the sound of a metal lock banging against wood. Every instinct was telling her to run but… she couldn’t. The door to the disabled toilets had also been locked; from the outside. Who locked it? She didn’t know. She had tried and tried to open it but she did not dare shout for help, not with the monster in here.

All she could do was sit. Sit and pray that her mother would come back soon. She said she would. And she never broke a promise… so… where was she? She had put Milly in here for safety until she found help. When she left her it was at least… noon from what she could remember.

Milly was not panicking. She had spent the first ten or so hours panicking, now she was just frozen. Her only comfort was her teddy bear, that she clung to as if her life depended on it. Squeezing her eyes shut, she desperately tried to think back to a happier time, before any of this happened but all she could remember was what happened before she was left here…

It’s just down the road, Milly.” Eleanor argued against her daughter’s protests. Milly panicked over the thought of leaving the safety of her home. She hadn’t been outside in so long, it frightened her terribly.

But… I don’t want to.” She shook her head, clinging to a pillow for comfort, “I’m scared!”

If you don’t start going outside, Milly you never will!” Her mother scolded harshly. Milly shrank at her tone. She really wanted to resist, but she simply felt unable to. She never could answer back. She had known this day was coming, her mother had been drilling it into her mind for the last week. She was so anxious she hardly slept last night, and didn’t eat breakfast from the stress.

Eleanor seemed to notice her daughter’s distress as her expression softened. She took her by the arm and stood her up.

Look. It’s just to the diner and back. They make a really good mac and cheese.” She said, causing Milly to turn her head at the mention of her favourite meal, “And once we’re back, we’ll have a movie night. Sound good?

Milly was still shaky as she bit her lip anxiously. It… didn’t sound so bad. And if the diner was as close as Eleanor said it was, it would not take long. She looked up at her mother with tearful eyes.

Can… Can I take…?” she gripped onto her bear, Eleanor sighed gently.

Put her in your rucksack.” She said, to which Milly swiftly obeyed. With that, Eleanor took her hand and opened the front door. The bright light of day made Milly wince. The right side was pitch black and her left eye was blurry to the point where it was as if she were opening her eyes under water. She reached into her pocket and put her glasses on. It helped a little. She kept a tight on her mother’s arm. She really did not want to go… but it was just the diner… how bad could it be?

Bad. Very bad. Terrible! HORRIFYING! Midway through their walk, people started attacking others. They snarled, bit other people, screamed, bleeding, people were running, knocking people over and… scary tall men in yellow suits and huge guns. She could not even fathom what was happening when her mother had dragged her into this motel and locked her in the disabled toilets. Milly had never been so panicked or frightened in her life. What was going on? Why were there monsters everywhere? There was one trapped with her in this very room!

Her throat was dry and scratchy, but she was too afraid to try and drink water from the sink. What if that was what made everyone sick and turn into monsters? She had a raging thirst, and her stomach rumbled emptily. She hadn’t eaten before any of this happened, and she had no idea how long it had been, but it must have been a while. She hugged her bear against her abdomen, wishing it would stop the pangs. Tears leaked from her eyes. She was supposed to go home, have dinner and watch movies… cuddled up on the sofa with her mother under a blanket… She just wanted to go home. She just wanted her mother… Without them… what was the point of going on?

Once there was a way, to get back homeward...
Once there was a way, to get back home...

cooltext311650301659415.png
cb6d98b765b9625e00183299d9244d8a.png
Interaction: Maj Maj (Owen) AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

After giving Colt her coffee, Leliana would head upstairs to their room. She needed to get dressed, and look and see if her keys were in her bag. She thought she had put both her key card and lot key in there, and Moe's would probably be a good stop. There were quite a few useful things there, and if she remembered correctly, Michelle had hidden a pistol in the employee lounge. Weapons were important after all, at least that's what Luca and Colt were talking about. Leliana would have said something about going with them, but, she was better off straying there. She could help get everything orginazed, an inventory taken, get things cleaned up a bit, etc etc. Plus she needed to keep am eye on Luca, and make sure he didn't do anything that would tear the stitching. And if he did, she would be there to patch him back up.

The real reason though, is that she was scared.

Leliana didn't have any useful skills really, combat wise at least, and while sure she would have Colt, Ivan, Owen and Marcus to look out for her if she went, Leliana knew she would be leaving the Lodge for a while. Not until it was absolutely necessary. Anyway, the first thing that she did when entering her and Colt's shared room was make the bed. It only took her about a minute to do so, as working at Moe's made you learn how to do so quickly. The room being tidy made her feel better, eve if it was just the bed, so she went and focused on getting dressed.

She wasn't a fan of skirts, but apperantly it's what she packed, so it's what she grabbed while blindly digging for clothes to put on. A light pink sweater and a highwaisted skirt weren't really zombie outbreak clothes, but, she wasn't leaving so it didn't matter. Throwing her hair up into a ponytail, she made her way back downstairs. Andy was up at the this point, and she spotted Lilly, but Leliana was focusing on something else. She was planning in making a list of medical supplies for the scavenging party to look for. It took her a little bit to find some paper and a pen, but once she had, Leliana sat down on the couch, using her leg as a stable place to write, she began a list. She was writing down the top protirty medical supplies they should look for. Painkillers, antibiotics, pretty much everything, but those were on top. She also made little notes as so where to look for them, like the vet clinic.

While they should make sure nothing they pick up is directly used for animals, a majority of medical supplies, drugs or not, were used with both humans and animals. The pharmacy was also a good place to look, but the vet clinic would probably be a good first stop. It's more likely that any other survivors wouldn't think about the vet until later. She also wrote down a few different things like vitamins and allergy medicine just to have on hand, but the put then under the non priority part of her list. She actually had three parts. Priority, non-proity, and personal wants. If they found some, Leliana would like some Salt and Vinegar chips, as they werw what she ate when she was nervous. Also a hairbrush, and a notebook. Nobody would have to actively search for them, but you know, just incase they stumbled upon any, she would be greatful.

Once she was done, she stood and walked back into the kitchen, she spotted Owen immideatly. Walking up next to him she smiled. "Goodmorning," she said, folding her list in half and handing it to him. "You're going out, right? I made a list of the medical supplies we could use, or at least what you should focus on, and a few other things that could be helpful, but not a priority." She said this, stepping past him and looking to Lilly, who had offered to make breakfast. "You want some help?"

Last edited:
[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#4f1818; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #4f1818; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#4f1818; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #4f1818; border-bottom: 1px Solid #4f1818; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #4f1818; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"]
Lilly Verde
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
image0.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: Maj Maj Brax Brax Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal King Vioogra King Vioogra FireMaiden FireMaiden Rumble Fish Rumble Fish TheTreForce TheTreForce

Located: Kitchen
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] Actions[/div]
Any other questions?” As she asked this, she heard the sound of Lilly asking if anyone wanted breakfast. She turned to the three men with a tilt of her head. She hadn't thought of that. It would be better for the men to eat before they headed out on their trip.
Lilly got to cooking nonetheless.The smell of waffles cutting through the coffee scent from where she stood. Soon bacon sizzled from another pan. She didn't notice any one else entering kitchen as she got plates and gently places rather sizeable waffles on top each one along with a garnish of delectable bacon right from the pan. "Hey-" Her voice ringing out faded back into a softer tone as she noticed Owen in the kitchen already. "Hey, here's a plate." She handed one to him.
. "You're going out, right? I made a list of the medical supplies we could use, or at least what you should focus on, and a few other things that could be helpful, but not a priority." She said this, stepping past him and looking to Lilly, who had offered to make breakfast. "You want some help?"
"Oh no I've go it. Thank though." She offered a small smile. "If you want, this plate can be all yours." She offered it out to Leliana. "Or actually help getting something to everyone would be nice. I've got another pan of bacon cooking and waffles ready to be plated." The smell made her own stomach growl. She would eat once all the other food was made. Smelled kinda like a Saturday morning at home. Her aunt trying to tell her mother how to teach Lilly to make breakfast. In end they would just start talking while Lilly simply followed the recipe.

Lilly herself only had a few recipes known to heart, she wasn't like a great chef at all but, her food didn't burn at the least. After giving a plate to Leliana and Going ahead to place one in Owen's hand Lilly slithered around them to take the other two plates, one to Andy in the living room and looking around she found Colt with the rest of those going to scavenge. "Here take this one Colt. There's more on the way." She told Ivan and Marcus before turning around to take the food of the burners and plate them. Not burned. Good. Hopefully it tasted good as well. Imagine if they all hated it. Her head shook out the though. Just feed the people, it'll be fine.

Eventually she made sure everyone had something to eat. "I didn't miss any one did I?" The click of the burner being turned off ended her sentence. She got the last plate for herself and looked around for reactions to see if it was any good before taking a bite herself. [/div]

Doctor Ralph Fisher: Moe's Motel
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg
Ralph looked up, wiping away his tears as the door opened. The woman, no, the girl was heavily pregnant with the belly being the first thing he noticed. It was just inches away from his face. Trying to have a baby in general was difficult, especially for a girl of her age but the entire city had gone to hell. He wiped away a few more tears and stood to his feet, listening to the girl's story.

"Good news is...You found another living human being. The bad news...I'm very pregnant and I'm due next Tuesday."

His eyes widened and he slowly stood to his feet. He wondered how someone in her condition had survived the chaos of today, but that wasn't important right now. She had a week till her due date, but what if the baby was early? Even by a few days and it could be a death sentence for them both. If she went into labour while running or if the baby cried while she was trying to hide from the infected there was little chance of them surviving.

His thoughts wandered, to his wife and daughter. He still had to get back to them, somehow but if he left a girl to die he wasn't sure if he could live with himself, let alone face their gaze when he got home.
He shook his head, composed himself and straightened his jacket.

"I'm sorry if I frightened you. Do you have a name for the baby?" He asked, trying to smile. Behind his cow brown eyes, he was terrified. He just hoped she didn't notice.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Rouge: currently being held down by luka ( AgWordSmith AgWordSmith ) and having a bullet taken out of her by Jenna ( The Mad Queen The Mad Queen )

Rouge felt heat in her cheeks as the two seemed to find amusement in her statement.

She did feel embarrassed but nevertheless, she let it go as she had already knew that they wouldn’t understand because they simply didn't know. She would have rather just avoid this whole fiasco and not bother with her wound but she wasn’t stupid.

Things aren’t normal now, and things probably wouldn't be normal anytime soon if ever. And though the world is ending and she had few cares, she didn't want to die being ripped to shreds by corpses, nor did she want to suffer long term with this wound…..

Rouge sighed as she grabbed the pillow. The whole biting thing wasn’t something she could control when she was a child, a habit she got from one of her brothers due to both of them having naturally sharp teeth. Last time she got greatly wounded was four years ago. She wasn’t sure if she's gotten less aggressive or more yet she's going to have to have some control……..she did not look forward to this.

Stuffing the rolled up cloth between her teeth she warly looked at Jenna before nodding and turning her head away so she wouldn’t look at what she was doing.

The moment Jenna started to dig into her wound Rouges teeth automatically chomped down onto the fabric and her body jolted but lukas firm grip kept her relatively still.

Rouge screamed through the cloth, the sound resembling closer to a low growl than a regular women's high pitched screams.

By the time Jenna got to the second part Rouge was straight up glaring at a stain on the wall, and maybe had a case of lockjaw. She felt faint, there was a massive pressure in between her eyes and nausea was a telling sign that she was gonna puke.

She wanted to push the two away but they were only halfway done, she still needed stitches.

When Jenna started dabbing the antiseptic on her wound Rouge screamed again and her body jolted and she unintentionally kicked at the wall next to them.

S A R A H

Hickory Street
Wednesday, October 17th, 2018

What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there were not able to dream of Heaven?
Neil Gaiman

OfOp6Li.png

Sometimes trouble comes layered like a cake that doesn’t taste too well at a party you don’t want to be in. In Sarah’s case, her slice of trouble was layered thick and the party was only just getting started. She had woken up from a nightmare in a world that was just as nightmarish. She was still dealing with the death of a man she had just begun to love. Her arm (and the rest of her body, for the most part) hurt like hell. And, to top it all off, her mind was still just as broken as it had been bef-- shit. Her meds. In all the chaos of yesterday, she hadn’t even had a chance to pick up her meds.

Stuck in the shock for a moment, the young woman eventually shook herself out of it before rising from the chair and preparing a small knapsack of supplies from the contents in the home: granola bars, a few bottles of water and capri suns, over-the-counter pain meds, bandage tape, rubbing alcohol, a lighter, a flashlight, and the two largest and sharpest kitchen knives she could find. An actual knife, 9MM bullets, or even just a pair of binoculars would have been nice. But the sense of urgency in her didn’t permit Sarah the time to look for them longer than she already had, if Alex’s dad even had any to begin with. Regardless, She zipped up the bag and stowed a knife in her jacket when she was finished, proceeding towards the door without another hesitation.

Alex still hadn’t emerged from her room this whole time. Sarah was thankful for the fact that she’d stitched her up, and she felt incredibly sorry for Alex considering her recent loss… but she didn’t have the time to wait for the girl to emerge. Nor the understanding to comprehend what was going on in her head and whether she had all the proverbial cogs in their right places there. Sarah could barely understand herself, and she had enough to worry about with her own mental illness. Alex was probably better off without her anyway, she thought. A gun-toting schizophrenic probably didn’t make a good companion in… well, in whatever this world had suddenly become. Furthermore, Sarah planned to make another attempt at an escape. It was far too dangerous to get a teenager involved.

After taking a deep breath, Sarah opened the door and quietly closed it shut behind her, slinging the knapsack over her shoulder before patting the side of her hip to check for her glock. Finding it there, she proceeded forward carefully, looking to and fro for any signs of the military as she approached the street. She came to a swift stop, however, when she walked onto the sidewalk and realized the corpse that had once been Alex’s dad was… no longer there. The crimson red stains of his blood had been left behind, but his body was nowhere to be found. It was odd. But then she reasoned that the military had probably taken him away for study. But alas, she didn’t have the time to investigate. With the man’s car key in the palm of her hand, she started to look for the car it was meant for. Rather than attract the attention of any military or rabid lunatics that might be nearby with the button, she opted to try and open doors with the key manually instead. It was a slower but far safer alternative. More than she knew.

Interaction: BunnyQueen BunnyQueen

[class=BackgroundPicture1] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor1] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name1] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#7d3c05; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img1] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #7d3c05; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon1] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#7d3c05; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar1] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #7d3c05; border-bottom: 1px Solid #7d3c05; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line1] border: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status1] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #7d3c05; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture1"] [div class="BackgroundColor1"] [div class="Name1"] Luka Cole[/div]
[div class="Img1"]
image0-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status1"] Status

Interacting: Liezarria Liezarria The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Mentioned: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Located: holding a bitey girl down in a motel and it’s not the that kind of thing at all
[/div]
[div class="Line1"] [div class="Icon1"] Actions[/div]
When Jenna started dabbing the antiseptic on her wound Rouge screamed again and her body jolted and she unintentionally kicked at the wall next to them.
Holy hell. She wasn’t kidding. He had to keep a tight hold on her but she still managed to kick a wall. Was that a groan he heard? Was there an undead dude in the next room? After this he should scout the other rooms and make sure they are really safe. Maybe there’s others here that are actually alive. His focus should stay on keeping Rouge from hurting herself or either of them. He could see why she was worried, if he wasn’t holding her down she could do a bit of damage huh?

“Still need the stitches? Think you can handle stitches?” He asked Rouge. “I’ll do my best to keep you down but after this. We need to check out if any one else is here.” He said and adjusted his hold on Rouge to get his arms around her better. Of some one told him this was what he would be doing today this morning he would’ve laughed and shoved them into the road. Here he was though, damn his sister better still be alive after all this trouble he’s going through. [/div]

Rogue had warned them, to be fair so Jenna was prepared for her moving around. The hard part was over, at least. She winced back a bit as she kicked the wall though.
"Rogue. I know this hurts, but I need you to hold still. The stitches have to be just right, okay?" She spoke calmly and clearly

She moved to stitch up the arm, staring into Rogue's eyes and offering a smile for good measure.

Jenna walked out of the room, disposing of her bloodstained gloves in a chemical bin. The Collie's owner sat outside, his shirt still covered in blood and both his hands and legs shaking violently. His eyes were open and alert and immediately glared at Jenna as she entered the reception area. He jumped to his feet and marched towards her.
"Is she okay?"
Jenna took a deep breath, and smiled.
"Any other dog would have died, but she's a fighter. It'll take months for her to recover. Maybe even a year before she's back to her old self."

The man placed his head in his hands and all Jenna could do was place a hand on his shoulder.
"I'd like to keep her in for a few days. And the Vet should be back tomorrow morning."

The man looked up, his eyes widening.
"Well, the other vet."
"You've never done this before, have you?"
"Every day is a school day." Jenna shrugged "I mean...I've done surgery before but..."

He wrapped his arms around her, embracing Jenna in a hug
"Oh, okay."

Using her free hand she took Rogue's.
"It's almost over. You'll be fine."

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Liezarria Liezarria

[IMG='width:476px;']https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FXb3LgrdwFNo%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&hash=285b8c8c46999b40cd2784011d51d9ad[/IMG]
Milly McDonald
Milly’s distress turned to frozen fear as she stopped rocking upon hearing a commotion from outside. There was a bang, like something hitting a wall and the sound of some kind of grunt. There were other people outside, she could hear them. Biting her lip, Milly stayed put, watching the line of light casted by the hall lights. There were blotchy shadows. There were definitely people out there. From what she could make out, there seemed to be two women and a man. Could she speak to them? She promised her mother that she would stay here and wait for her to return… And she had said not to trust anybody. But she was thirsty. And hungry. She did not know how much longer she could cope like this.

The room had become strangely quiet. The monster had stopped making noises. Milly still stayed in her corner, struggling to decide on what to do. Maybe… maybe they will know where she is. They might have seen her. She could ask them. But… first she had to try and leave the room. She had tried before, but the door was stuck fast. She did not know if she had the strength to try and pry it open. But she had to try. Putting her white teddy in her rucksack, she slowly pulled herself up, using the corner of the wall for support. Maybe if she moved slowly enough, the light wouldn’t turn on…

But just as she got to her feet, the light flashed on, and the old, rickety extractor fan on the opposite wall fired on with a rattled broooooooooooooooooo causing Milly to jump violently as the suddenness of the light turning on and the loud fan almost made her fall back onto the floor. She swung her head around wildly, trying to take in as much as she could with her one eye. The walls were grimy, and the floor was greasy, the whole place stank. But that was not what frightened Milly the most. She realised why the monster had stopped making sounds.

The top half of the monster was hanging over the top of the cubical wall. It’s grey skin was heavily tattooed and there was a needle deeply embedded in its shoulder. It’s white eyes bulged out of its head as it seemed to notice her as it groaned and started to thrash in an attempt to get itself over the wall.

Panicked, Milly squeaked and grabbed the doorknob, violently pulling at it. The door budged ever so slightly, letting Milly see out into the hall. She kept pulling but the more she pulled, the more she panicked and the more disoriented she became. She had to escape! She had seen these monsters biting and devouring other people! She could not slow down her rapid and shallow breath or stop herself from sobbing from the sheer terror as she silently prayed that the door would open. But as she pulled, she suddenly heard something that made her heart stop completely; the distinct sound of a body hitting the floor.

H-H-He- HEEEELP!” She cried at the top of her lungs, not daring to look behind her, all she knew was that it was struggling to its feet judging by the scraping sounds behind her. At this point she was on the verge of collapse from terror and despair. She shut her eyes, just waiting for the dreaded feeling of teeth sinking into her shoulder…
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Liezarria Liezarria (I know they werent induvidially mentioned but... eh)

Interaction between myself and Maj Maj

superthumb.jpg

Ivan hadn’t thought about food since he’d woken up the day of the outbreak, and Colt’s mention of it made his stomach rumble loudly. He quickly covered it, slightly embarrassed by the sudden outburst by his body. A short chuckle escaped from him as he cleared his throat and turned to walk back inside.

“I guess I wouldn’t mind a little bit.”

Ivan said with a grin as he opened the door and stepped back inside, leaving the door cracked for any others who wanted to step in. Once he was back inside he noticed there were significantly more people as he slid the borrowed jacket off and laid it on the back of the couch. The next thing he noticed was the loosely dressed Andy who was sitting on the couch sipping at a cup of coffee as he walked to the kitchen. Once he was there, he quickly looked through the top cabinets until he found where the coffee mugs were. He grabbed a reasonably sized one and took the now finished pot from the maker, filling the cup before holding it from the top as he walked back into the living area. He sat on the couch opposite of Andy with a medium sigh as he leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. He took another short sip from the cup before his eyes dropped to Andy. He smiled a bit as he remembered where he was.

“I want to thank you on behalf of everyone here for what you’re doing.”

Ivan said calmly as he brought his head up from where it was leaning on the couch.

“As far as I’m concerned, we all owe you our lives.”

Andy blinked several times as the Russian she had yet to introduce herself to, came and sat next to her. Did she look particularly inviting this morning? He seemed relatively friendly and harmless, but Andy was wildly uncomfortable around people, strangers in groups were enough to send the girl hiding in her bedroom. She listened as he spoke and register the urge to scoff. He was being nice, snapping at him wasn't a good way to respond.

“I appreciate the thought, ” she started. “But you give me too much credit. Luca may have saved lives, Colt, Owen, even you. Giving us a place to lay low is pretty low on the spectrum of that.” She softened, looking up from her cup and glanced over at the male sharing coffee with her.

“Listen, you are going out with Owen today, right? Can you do me a favor and help keep an eye on him? He means well, but he often does reckless things under the guise of helping others. It would mean a lot to me if he came back in one piece.” Her emerald eyes locked with Ivans, a serious and thoughtful expression locked across her face.

A quiet chuckle escaped from Ivan as a wide and caring smile crossed his face. He took another sip of his coffee and put it down, looking over at Andy before speaking in a reassuring tone.

“With or without my help, he will be fine. I’ll make sure of it.”

He said with a confident smile as he picked his cup up again and drank from it.

“I’m going to go get some of what that girl is cooking, want me to bring you some?”

Andy gave a faint half-smile at his words. He seemed alright, he reminded her of Owen in a lot of ways. He seemed to be more concerned with others than himself for one. He was sociable and polite, not a skill set she had picked up.

“Yeah that would be great, thank you,” Andy said at his request to bring her food. Her stomach hadn't quite settled yet, but she knew she had to eat sometime. The girl made a vow to eat slowly as to not allow her food to make a reprise.

“...and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell Owen about our conversation. His ego is big enough without my help.” It was a small thing to trust him with, but she did all the same. The girl sat the coffee cup down on the wicker cupholder and pushed the dark hoodie away from her face. Red waves cascaded down her shoulders.

“Thanks.” the girl added as an afterthought, like showing him gratitude came unnaturally to her.

Ivan had begun walking away when she asked him not to tell Owen about their chat. He turned to her quickly, giving an okay symbol and a wink before he turned away again. He then jumped a bit at a quick realization. He hadn’t asked for the girls name yet. His growling stomach interrupted his inquiry. He walked into the kitchen quickly, grabbing two already prepared plated of waffles and bacon along with two sets of silverware and slinking out of the kitchen with them. He got back quickly with the plates and set one down on the coffee table in front of Andy before sitting on the couch across from her again.

“Could I get your name by the way? I realize now that I’ve yet to learn the names of most of the people here.”

Ivan said nonchalantly with a calm smile as he put his plate down and put his hand out for her to shake if she so desired

The redhead picked up her plate of food and began eating slowly from it. When he asked her name, Andy looked up at him. It made sense that they should all be on first name basis, but they this was the lengthiest conversation she had with anyone. Well maybe Colt the night before, but drunk conversations didn’t count, those were easy. She didn’t overthink as much.

“Andy.” She said shortly. “Andy Jordan.” She gestured for him to return the favor and give his name, but didn’t ask. If he felt like telling her, he would.

Ivan began to speak before he stopped for a moment. He contemplated for a bit, wondering if he should give her his birth name, Yoseph Nikiyev, or the name he’d given himself when he joined the Russian Military. He sucked in a deep breath before coming back from his realm of thought and looked over at her with a bright smile on his face.

“My name’s Ivan Zamorozka, it’s a pleasure to meet you Andy.”

He said as he pulled his hand away and picked up his fork, spinning it around his index finger before cutting a small portion of waffle with it and putting it in his mouth. The waffle nearly fell apart in his mouth as he chewed it. They were really well done and he smiled as he thought to make sure to thank the girl that had made them.

“Well that is definitely better than just calling you ‘the Russian’.” The corner of Andy’s mouth turned in what could be a small smirk. “Be safe out there today.” She grabbed her plate and went to sit out on the porch to finish her meal.

“Alrighty, enjoy your breakfast.”

He said with a smile as she stood to walk away. When she was out of eyeshot, Ivan turned to look at his plate and sighed quietly. He continued eating his breakfast until all the bacon was gone and about a fourth of the waffles were left. He slinked into the kitchen and set the waffles on another plate where there were a few more in case people wanted extras and rinsed his plate off. After finishing that task, he quickly left the kitchen and sat back down in the living room, picking up a book off of a shelf on his way and sitting down to read it, reaching over and grabbing his cup of coffee and drinking it as he read.

"I'll tell them eventually."

He said quietly in Russian as he continued to read.

842f5d19e6b384ecf9dc8b3c931a3965.jpg

Rouge: currently having an internal battle??? maybe??

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Rogues wild glare focused on Jenna for a moment. She understood that she had to hold till but it was hard with no pain killers or anything else to dull it….. Again, she knew she had no choice. In a way she did have a method of keeping still.

Even though she's worked hard with therapists to “feel” emotions and empathy for others,as dull and faint as those may be, she still found it easy to… in a way…. “Shut off” her emotions. If she did this she would only register the pain as an “alarm for bodily harm” to her body and keep still…... but she really didn’t want to….. Once she “shuts off” her emotions their hard to get back…….

As she was thinking this, during a brief moment of silence she heard a faint sound…..

Faint yelling….

“.....”

whelp, curse her empathy. As her brother used to say. ‘Fuck it’ she closed her eyes.

It only took a couple of moments of re-evaluating her priorities before she gradually felt her heart rate slow down to barely faster than average. Her muscles relaxed along with her posture and a heaviness settled into her mind.

When she opened her eyes her face was relaxed, blank. Her silver eyes lost their shine, the color resembling closer to dead fish eyes. And her complexion became paler than normal.

She looked at Jenna for a moment as she got ready to sew up her wound.

“Wait……” she squeezed Jenna's hand that held her own

“ Jenna, there's a girl screaming…..”

cooltext311138355072126.png
With the breakfast rush still going on, Luca found his way into the kitchen to get another cup of coffee. He didn’t stay for any sort of conversation or food. It was already bad enough he had to rely on other people to go out and get supplies, but he was essentially useless to them for the time being. This partially upset the man, but he had confidence that Colt was going to bring back at least a few meaningful items. Luca wasn’t one for small talk anyway. Continuing out of the kitchen without another word, the man found himself walking back into the master bedroom. Much to his delight, he found it absolutely devout of other human beings.large.png
As he walked into the room, Luca closed the door with a small nudge of his foot. He took a quick sip of his coffee, placing it on the nightstand closest to the side of the bed he had slept on the previous night. At the very least, sleeping next to Andy was not the worst thing in the world. She didn’t take up too much of the bed, nor did she snore. It wasn’t like Luca was any more difficult to sleep next to. In reality, he slept on his side and barely ever moved. Hell, he practically curled up in a ball most of the time.
Still feeling as though his equilibrium was off, Luca took a moment to survey the room. On Andy’s night stand, he noticed a small stack of books. A few of them were rather unrecognizable, but as he looked over each of the labels, he found one that was particularly ironic. So much so, in fact, that he had to actually walk over to Andy’s side of the bed and pick the book up off of her nightstand. The book was from 1952, judging by its contents. It’s headband was partially rubbed off to reveal the cardboard underneath. The corner of the front cover was dented in slightly. Luca held the book with both hands, as his eyes traced over the author: Norman Vincent Peale.
“The Power of Positive Thinking…” Luca mumbled out loud, one of the corners of his lips tugging upwards as he looked over the book’s summary. It was completely ironic to find such a book, especially given his current position. In fact, it’s placing was so coincidental that if the mobster didn’t know any better, he’d figure that Andy put it there purposefully just to poke fun at him. The author, Peale, had a few different bullet points that let Luca know what this book was all about. He spoke about people picturing themselves succeeding and thinking positive thoughts to drown out the negative ones. Minimizing obstacles and not being jealous of others. Be Christian and have some self-respect.
In all, it was a crock of shit. How the hell did Andy read this garbage?
Luca closed up the book, believing he had seen quite enough. His reading days died along with his educational career back in middle school. He placed the book back down onto the night stand where he had found it, opting to instead return to his side of the bed and sit against the headboard. Some things certainly came easy for Luca. Living in a house full of strangers did little more than make him feel extremely uncomfortable. However, he took solace knowing that they were strangers who were all forced into the same situation as he had been. In that respect, there wasn’t one person in the lodge that didn’t share at least one common trait with him.

The following post is a collab between Maj Maj and FireMaiden FireMaiden
coollogo_com-3379440.png&cooltext311650301659415.png

1547615157748.pngAfter successfully pissing off his sister again, the redhead went to join the other’s in the kitchen where Lily had begun to make them all breakfast. He was just making himself at home in one of the kitchen chairs when he heard the sound of Leliana’s voice behind him. The male turned smiling at the woman who had called to him.

“Well good morning starshine,” he said, his lips curving to show the white of his teeth. “Sleep okay?” the blonde offered him a note with a list of medical supplies. He wondered how someone so young knew so much about medicine. But not everyone was a college drop out like him, it was apparent the girl had done something with her life.

“Yeah, I’ll absolutely try to grab some of these. Good thinking.” He shot her a playful wink before turning to grab the plate that Lilly offered him full of food. Once Leliana also had hers, he sat down at the kitchen table and offered her the chair next to him, pulling it out for her.

“How are you feeling after yesterday? Was anyone able to take a look at your injuries?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

She smiled at Lilly, nodding slightly, before turning back to Owen. "I slept okay. Ended up some here on the couch, but it was comfy," She said with a little laugh. She liked him, and after yesterday, she had no reason not to. He had saved her life, and made sure that she had gotten out of the school with only minor injuries. She didn't get to respond to his second little quip about the supplies, taking a plate from Lilly, Leliana took the offered seat beside Owen.

She would take a few bites of her food, not realizing just how hungry she had been, before she actually went about answering Owen. "Oh, I took care of them myself. I also took care of Luca's injury," She said, feeling a small swell of pride. "I was part of the nursing program, I was actually started my senior year a few weeks ago." Again, a small swell of pride filled her as she took another few bites of her waffle. "Did you get hurt yesterday?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had a pretty smile, it was one of the first things he noticed as she ate her food. It was crazy how many details you missed about a person when you were busy running for your lives. The idea that so many of them had been thrown together because of the events that had unfolded were just astounding to him. He couldn’t help but smile back at her, it was sort of contagious.

“That’s pretty amazing,” Owen commented on her accomplishments. “We are pretty lucky to have you to look after us.” It was really lucky that one of the people who had managed to make it out of the wreckage of the school just happened to be knowledgeable in medicine. It was a profession that never lost a need. Especially now.

When she asked about his injuries he just smiled and shook his head.

“Nothing bad enough for you to worry yourself over. A few bumps and bruises, but I’ve had worse.” The worst of it was the torn skin on his knuckles from the day before, but it would heal with time. Other than maybe some neosporin there wasn’t really anything the girl could do for him.

“But it’s sweet of you to worry about me. Other than the medical supplies is there anything you need while we are out? Like personally? If you are going to worry about the rest of us, someone is gonna have to worry about you.” His green eyes sparkled with a tad of his natural flirtatious nature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
cb6d98b765b9625e00183299d9244d8a.pngShe shrugged. "Anyone can do it with enough hard work, no matter what, but thank you," She smiled again, readjusting in the seat as she scooted up a bit to sit up straighter. "You guys just gotta be nice to me or I'll ground you from band-aids," She chuckled, taking another bite of her waffle. Her attention wandered a bit, off to why she was working hard to become a nurse. The answer was simple. She didn't know what else to do with her life. Her mother was a pediatric assistant, at least before Leliana came around, and her grandmother was both a navy nurse, and a midwife. She grew up reading through medical books and listening to the stories her grandmother would tell her, she had been influenced her entire life. And Leilana was giving her mother medical attention Matt Murdock style for a while after her Uncle went to prison, so it was natural fit.

Glancing back to Owen when he mentioned being bruised, she nodded. "Keep it that way, alright? Don't do anything to reckless while you're out." She didn't want to have to patch up anyone who had proved more than capable to taking care of themselves. But, she would patch him up regardless if he got hurt. "Oh, that's also on the list. A hairbrush, some Salt and Vinegar chips, and some chapstick. But," She made eye contact with him, attempting to look stern, but, yeah. Probably wasn't working the way she wanted it to. "Get them only if you come across them safely, alright? They're wants. Not needs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

He chuckled at her concern. Wasn’t leaving to go face hazmats and zombies ultimately reckless in itself? But he understood what she was saying. He wasn’t to do anything MORE reckless. That was a lecture for molotov man, he was typically cool as a cucumber.

“You got it doc. I’ll do my best to hook you up. But you might have to share the salt and vinegar chips if I score some. They’re my favorite.” He gave her a wink as he finished his breakfast. If she was done, he offered to take her plate too.

“Lily, that was delicious. Thank you for breakfast. Marcus is a lucky guy.” He rinsed the plates in his hand and sat them in the sink before turning back to Leliana.

“Make yourself at home. We won’t be gone, promise.” and with that Owen made his way outside to find his bat, and also to wait for further instruction from Colt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Leliana half rolled her eyes when Owen called her doc, "You might have to fight me for them." She replied, taking another bite of her waffle, and throwing him a wink of her own. She handed him her plate, thanking him for taking it, be remained seated there at her spot, taking a sip of her coffee she had almost forgotten about. When he looked back, and told her to make herself at home, she nodded, giving him a smile and goodbye wave as he left. She would continue to sip on her coffee, until it was empty of course; Leliana would finally get up and take her mug to the kitchen.

Interactions: AgWordSmith AgWordSmith (Lily)
Mentions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt) Brax Brax (Luca) King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan) Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal (Marcus)

1547621528020.png Alex Marcus McCarthy
Date: Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
Mentioned: Oslonaut Oslonaut

"You...Ever had to kill someone you loved?"
Alex opened her eyes as her vision slowly regained, she was laying down in her bed staring at the ceiling something felt wrong though there was a pit in her stomach, almost as if a hole had been cut in her. Alex slowly moved her hand over to her stomach resting it there as she slowly started to get accustomed to the darkness tears started running down her face as her lip quivered in fear. The realization set in the guilt, sadness, and loss moved into the pit in her stomach it wouldn't go away and all she had to console her were the very things that were tormenting her, the death of her father.
"Its all my fault..."
Alex whimpered while slowly propping herself up in the bed she whipped the covers back setting her feet on the ground making sure to slowly stand up, the pit in her stomach was starting to make her dizzy. Very suddenly Alex jumped up out of the bed sprinting towards the bathroom, she accidentally slammed her shoulder into the doorframe as she hastily through up the toilet lid vomiting into the toilet. Sitting on the bathroom ground in silence eventually, the dizziness faded, flushing the toilet Alex stood up walking over to the sink grabbing her toothbrush she took her time cleaning her mouth out.

Walking back to her room Alex caught the scent of her father, the faint smell of cigarettes from when he would try to quit and the musky smell of his aftershave littered his room end of the house. Alex couldn't help but to shuffle towards his room and stand in the doorway she leaned against it looking into his room tears started to run down her face as she sniffled in attempting to hold them back.
"Pull yourself together, I can't stay here..."
Alex said turning around still standing in the doorway, she had a new sense of determination she walked back into her room she put on a pair of brown cargo pants and a black Metalica t-shirt, walking out of her room she grabbed her jacket, beanie, and backpack dumping the many books and papers into the hallway. When she got into the kitchen Alex noticed a distinct lack of Sarah and some of the supplies that she was preparing Alex walked through the house not being able to find the other girl or even a note Alex assumed that she took some supplies and vanished. Alex through the empty backpack onto the table walking around the kitchen putting some of the things Sarah left behind inside of it, a few energy bars, two canned foods, and three bottles of water. Zipping up the backpack she put the beanie over her head and put her jacket on zipping it up to her chest while throwing the backpack behind her shoulders noticing a few of the kitchen knives were gone Alex knew she would need a weapon.

Alex slowly walked into her dad's room knowing that he kept a gun hidden somewhere in the room Alex started to look through the drawers and under the bed but couldn't find anything until she looked in the closet on the top shelf there was a safe deposit box just out of reach. Moving a chair over to the closet Alex was finally able to reach the box, she pulled it down setting it on the bed it needed a code to be opened. The first code she tried was her birthday March 25 but it didn't work, then she tried her fathers but it didn't work either as Alex was about to give up she looked on the nightstand next to the bed seeing a picture of her as a baby being held by her mother. Alex took a deep breath in and slowly entered the date that her mother died click the lock opened up without trouble, Alex opened the box looking inside. The contents of the box were at first just a bunch of letters but when Alex looked closer they were all letters addressed to her father and signed from her mother as Alex started to read the letters they were from when her parents were dating the letters were just like modern text messages but longer. Alex not really knowing her mother set the letters aside digging deeper in the box finding a revolver she pulled it out and fiddled with the gun for a couple of minutes before she was able to open the cylinder to the revolver there was only one bullet in it, below the revolver was a note addressed to Alex.
Alex,
I know that you are saddened by what I have done to myself but I wish I had something better to say that I'm sorry. When I first met your mother she was just a lonely girl wanting to go on a road trip, if I would have known that I was meeting the love of my life that night I would have dressed better. Anyway, when she passed I didn't know what to do you were still a baby, a tiny baby at that, the night that she died I bought this gun and the single bullet intending to end my life. When I got home I loaded the gun and stuck the barrel in my mouth right before I could pull the trigger...I heard crying from the other room you were just laying there peacefully not even knowing that my world had been changed so much I sat the gun down and picked you up and cried with you not knowing how I would explain how beautiful, kind, and caring your mother was. I guess this doesn't mean much now but if you are reading this its because I killed myself, now let me tell you something right now Alex I'm not depressed. I'm tired...so tired...My grandparents are gone they were good people but died when I was in my twenties, with my parents following close behind then your mother died and my brother past about a year later I'm ready to go home, I'm ready to see my family again, so Alex know that no matter what even if I did kill myself I'm going to see her again.
-Dad
Alex read the letter over and over again, it was a suicide note from her father she held the gun in her shaking hand now knowing the full weight of the gun she dropped it on the bed standing up still holding the note tears ran down her face again as she dropped the note storming back into her room grabbing her metallic baseball bat. The first thing Alex did was slam it into her bedroom window in a fit of rage sending glass into the outside world she walked back into her dad's room holding the baseball bat and swung it into his mirror. the glass cracked as if lightning had struck sending out cracks in random directions. Alex through the baseball across the room collapsing to the floor crying.

Turning onto her back Alex heard a thump at her bedroom window causing chills to go down her spine slowly she picked up the baseball bat and tiptoed back into her room. A thing wearing nurse scrubs was attempting to climb through her window but got stuck with its head and arm inside of the house while the rest of it was outside.
"Hey! Get the Fuck outta my house!"
Alex yelled at the thing while pointing her baseball bat at it to no avail, instead, it got louder and attempted to get into the house even more. Alex ran back to her dad's room and hesitated on grabbing the gun for a second before pushing through with the decision picking it up walking back into her room she pointed it at the thing again attempting to scare it.
"Hey! Ill Kill you if you don't leave me alone!"
Alex said while shakily pointing the revolver at the zombie to no avail, it showed no fear and relentlessly tried to keep getting into the house, even to the point where it was tearing its flesh on the broken glass. Alex lowered the gun slowly and took a step closer to it still staying out of its reach Alex observed it, watching at its was basically bleeding itself out trying to get in. Alex looked into its glossy grey eyes it looked as if the life was no longer there causing Alex to stumble backways and fall onto her butt landing in the hallway she quickly closed her room door and walked back into her dads room grabbing his suicide note and all of her mothers notes she stuffed them into the backpack before running to the front door swinging it open she took one last look at the interior of the house before giving a weary sigh she slowly closed the door wondering where to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back