• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Patient Zero (A Zombie Survival RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The following is a collaboration between myself and Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
coollogo_com-144791298.png
193599_deltafinish.jpg

645fd550c82283a2a0e73e917a92c328.jpg

Colt glanced at Luca as he commented on her statement, not expecting anyone to actually answer her. She darted her glazed eyes a little as she then sighed and got up again, though she did struggle on her feet.

Well,” she hiccuped a little, “Imma go wash.” she didn’t even say ‘bye’ or anything as she walked past everyone and into the upstairs bathroom. Shutting the door, Colt sighed deeply as she leaned against the door. Everything was spinning and almost as if she walked she’d either drop to the floor or completely lose her balance. Everything was drifting in and out of her thoughts. She had to focus. What was she here for again? Oh yeah; washing.

Colt stripped and sat in the bath, taking the shower head and simply blasting it all over. This was typical. Usually, she was too hungover or drunk or… both to do it properly so this was the easiest. The blood rushed away like the shower scene from Psycho. It felt good but still, Colt felt as though she was full of gunk that could not be washed away. Wash off blood like it was nothing. Was this how she was now? The notion of being covered in and then ridding herself of someone else's blood did not even faze her. She hated it.

Even when she was done, and had gotten half dressed, Colt was still too disturbed and annoyed to consider doing anything other than just sit in this bath and stare at the ceiling. while taking occasional sips from the wine. What else was she good for right now?

---

Marcus watched as the situation seemed to simmer down itself with both the neckbeard explaining his side and Colt letting her guard down. The man sighed, this whole mess was a lot to take in so, rather than try to wrap his head around it, he walked through the lodge and up the stairs, intending to sit in his room to recollect his thoughts. However, just as he got there, nature called.

“Ssshit...I need to piss.” He say sucking in the air as he rushed to the restroom not even taking the time to see if the room was occupied. Marcus let out a sigh of relief as his system was gone of its waste. Just as he flushed the toilet and opened his eyes again happy that he made it to the restroom and didn't embarrass himself his mouth gaped open noticing the military woman in just cargo pants drinking wine as if this was normal.

Uhhh...C-Colt-those umm-ya sorry I didn't know you were in here...I'ma get going now…” he quickly turned his face away from her direction feeling embarrassed and not wanting to potentially get his ass whooped for seeing her the way she was. He quickly washed his hands not wanting to be gross and making his way back to the hall.

---
Colt had already finished most of the wine when she heard the door suddenly open. The woman froze, her bloodshot eyes widening as she glanced at the door without moving her head. For a second, in her hazed state, she could have sworn it was a Thing or a Hazmat, and she did not have her gun! But upon looking for longer, she realised it was indeed the silver-haired Marcus who seemed totally unaware of her presence. He went to the toilet as Colt could only sit there, diverting her gaze as to not stare. This was awkward enough. It was not until he had finished his business and got as big a fright as she had gotten. After a hurried apology, he raced off.

Hey!” she growled, frustrated that her privacy had been compromised (even though it was her own fault for forgetting to shut the door.) Putting the bottle down, she sprang to her feet, forgetting that she had not dried off the bottom of the Nike attached to her prosthetic, so when she went for the door, it caused her to slip. Colt fell against the door-frame, feeling a hard pain through her shoulder. The ex-Marine gripped her shoulder as she tried to get back up, cursing up a storm.

Managing to get herself upright, Colt breathed heavily from the shock of the fall, needing to lean on the door-frame for support, leaning on her now bad shoulder no less.
Did-did,” she hiccoughed, “Didn’t yer da teach ye to KNOCK first?

---

As the man was leaving all that could be heard was the booming and collapse of Colt. He turned around to her groaning and trying to act as tough as always. He went over and help her up. “Here...I didn't know you were in here! Didn't your dad teach you to lock the door?” He said and noticed the pain she was in. He sighed. “Here let's go to my room, you need to lay down.” he helped her through the hallway and to his room where he closed the door not wanting anyone to know what happened.

He sat her on the bed and helped prop her up with some blankets and pillows. “There is that better? Just try not to put too much weight on your shoulder.” He looked into her eyes a moment before quickly diverting them again. Looking at her just made him more disappointed in himself.

---

Fuckin’...” she grabbed the bottle where she had dropped it, “Smartass.” she added, though she was a little surprised when he helped her, saying that she had to lie down. Colt wanted to deny it but at this point, she might as well have been floating on air with how light headed she felt.

I’m fine. Dandy.” she tried to resist but clearly failed as she was now sitting on the man’s bed as he propped up her shoulder. She watched as he looked her in the eye for a few minutes before he glanced away. Despite her state, she noticed that he seemed rather bothered about something. She took a drink from the bottle before frowning a little.

Somethin’ wrong?” she asked. Why she was asking was beyond her, “Y’all seem distracted.”

---

He ignored her ramblings until she pointed out him seeming distracted. He blinked and looked at the ground blinking a few more times. “I...Dont know what you are talking about.” His voice was gone of emotion, what would she care? Why would she act like she cares now? Bet all she's really worried about is Owen, that's who was important to her throughout the whole scavenge. That's when he muttered to himself.

I shouldn't have went with you... That was a mistake, i should have stayed here.” Is all he managed to let out, it was silent but she should have been close enough to hear.

---

Colt frowned as she heard him muttering something under his breath, saying that he should have stayed put and not come. Her head shot up and she stared at him with an expression that could only be described as a mix of frustration and disbelief.

The fuck ya sayin’? I guess tellin’ us how to get out that gunshop and ‘elpin’ me with them Hazzies, stoppin’ us from being ripped apart is a mistake then?” she tried to keep her voice angry but her words were floaty and slightly jumbled, but she was dead serious in her words, “Ya sayin’ I’m stupid or somethin’ for picking ya?” How else was she supposed to take that?

---

He still didn't stare at her and just grit his teeth. “Of course I'm glad i helped you... Of course, I am... I just didn't want anyone to die…” he then turned and faced her with an expression of irritation. “Why did you choose now to try and care...?” He paused a moment. “You miss him don't you? Heh I'm surprised you didn't follow him when he left.” He didn't know what else to say but he kept it bottled inside all this time he just wanted to be an asshole and let all his feelings out...so he did.

I'm such a fucking...uggghh…” he looked away from her again. “Colt... I don't wanna keep going... I don't see the point…” he chuckled. “Like look at how weak i am just from you hanging out with Owen, what use am i if I'm not okay mentally?” He looked back at her again his eyes beginning to water as he was fighting his tears from appearing.

---

Colt was taken aback at what he said, “The fuck ya on about? Nobody died!” she protested in confusion. He then asked her why she even cared now, “Wait- Who’s sayin’ I don’t-!?” she was interrupted again as he then began to ramble on about how she probably missed ‘him’. What was he talking about? Owen? Why was he so concerned about her interacting with Owen? What had she done?

Miss- I want him back alive!” she answered bluntly, not appreciating his tone. What was he even trying to say?! None of this made sense! She only stopped feeling so angry and confused when he then said something that Colt herself was only too familiar with. The thought of not wanting to go on. Wanting to give up. But, she was still thoroughly confused by his reasoning.

Wait a minute…” Her head tilted to one side, not having the real strength to keep it straight, “Y’think I… love Owen or some shit?” her eyes narrowed, honestly she could barely understand what he was saying. Was she hearing this right or was she just more drunk than she had thought? Colt shook her head a little as she took on more wine, still trying to make sense of it.

---

Yes... Something like that, don't act like you don't like him... You stayed around him the whole trip...I'm such a dumbass... I shouldn't have kissed you before... I could have just tried harder…” he felt like he was being too emotional but nothing really ever went right for Marcus, especially with dating, no matter what he did he always seemed to fuck up. Maybe he just tried too hard. He glanced over at his pistol and picked it up starting at it a moment.

I'm being stupid... I shouldn't have said anything... Especially when you are drunk... You are definitely confused... Fuck…” he just tucked his knees in, he was being such a child.

---

Marcus… What the fuck are ya talkin about?” Colt’s bottom lip hung in disbelief as to what she was hearing, “I-I like- I hardly know him! How the fuck am I supposed to like him?! Well… I do, but as in, I think he’s reliable! Not like love!” she was honestly unable to understand what he was talking about, the world was coming to an end, they were at risk of being attacked every second, and he was worried that she might be in love with someone? She looked at the gun in his hand and frowned.

Give me that.” she reached a hand out for the weapon, “I just don’t understand how ya came to that conclusion. You think I’m some floozie? Fallin’ over every man I meet?” she added. She could not help but feel somewhat insulted by the insinuation.

So, if it bothers ya that much, how do ya feel about me?” she asked him, her eyebrows still furrowed as her wine sodden mind struggled to understand all of this. He’d have to make it explicit.

---

I...Ya i know... I just... I guess that's like me hardly knowing you yet I kissed you... I shouldn't have done that, I should have tried to handle the situation differently.” He didn't realize she felt insulted. Guess it makes sense why but at the same time she's only really seemed like she had an interest in two guys, him and Owen.

N-no... I just feel like he's done more for you and you took a liking to him more... I'm honestly just stupid for making this a priority over survival... Its just what if i never get the chance to actually date someone, especially someone like you Colt, you are strong, you are pretty damn smart even for being drunk 90 percent if the time, and you have gun skill... What if i die before that?” he thought for a moment then she took his gun away. “Calm down, I was just looking at it. I wasn't gonna do anything.” He felt like a real idiot, next time just keep your mouth shut Marcus.

She asked how did he feel about her and he jumped up, i mean he technically already confessed to her how he felt but he may have been too vague. “I like you... And i want a chance to be with you. This definitely isn't the right time to think about that but that's just how I feel. And I guess if you mean anything else I basically already commented you on what i liked about you so... Ya

---

Colt sighed and took on some more wine as he talked more. He seemed to be coming to his senses about the whole thing. When he mentioned kissing her, she made a grumbling noise in her throat and looked away for a second.

Call me a dummy but I thought ya was just tryin’ to snap me outta that.” she rubbed the back of her head. This whole thing was new for Colt, or at the very least unfamiliar.

Hmm… Well… At least yer being fuckin’ honest with me now.” she said, in a tone that was a mix of understanding but also a tinge of disappointment. Why didn’t he say anything before? Even though Colt thought the whole thing to be ridiculous, he was under her command so she would at the very least have liked a heads up.

---

I mean... I was but I was more preparing to die to be honest with you heh... Lets just say my luck with getting females isn't the greatest so I at least wanted... That before I was gone ya know? But we all survived...for now so it all feels weird. Like I made a mistake and that you didn't really enjoy the kiss as much as I did.” He chuckled nervously but the direction of her eyes insisted that she actually died enjoy the kiss a bit. He gave a slight eyebrow raise.

I mean it's not like I wasn't honest with you before. Anyway, mind if I ask...did you actually enjoy it? Just wondering if my skill on reading emotions is good or not.” He finished continuing to look at her.

---

Hm. Evry’dy was.” she shrugged, going to drink more wine but realised she was empty, with a huff of annoyance, she got the beer bottle she had taken with her. She pulled the top off as he then explained how he felt about the kiss, expressing the now awkwardness of the situation since they hadn’t been killed like they had expected to, “I mean…. It wasn’ like- bad or nuffin.” she rubbed the back of her neck, she really did not know what to say that would upset the man.

I jus’,” she burped into her fist, “I dunno whatto thin’. I mean… I’ve not know whatto thin’ for a loooong time.” she sighed, taking a sip from the beer. At this point her eyes were unfocused and her stomach had bloated from the alcohol, a regular occurance for Colt so she was unfazed.

Yer… no’ a bad kisser, I’ll go’ ya that.

---

He gave a nod and smiled a bit at her complimenting his kissing skills, kinda sad that he would feel happier because of that but considering what he's been through before this was a big plus. “Thanks, I appreciate that... Well umm... That was it I suppose but do you mind me asking why is it you drink so much? I always assumed it was because of you being in the military but if like to know for sure... Sorry if it's personal.” He didn't want to get too much into her business but she drank literally every second of the day, there was no way she would be living that long if she kept going.

---

Colt frowned a little and she glanced at the ground as she listened to him asking about her drinking. She was unsure as to what to do or say about it. She had not talked to anyone about it. Colt blinked a few times as she tried to think of what to answer him.

I dunno… Just, helps I guess. I mean, today. Just today.” she said with a sigh, “I mean, it’s no’ like it’s a problem or nothin’. Stressful day ‘n all. Could say it was that bu’ I dunno.” she tried to explain the best she could, despite repeating herself. She took a long drink from the beer. Her mind was still swimming with everything that happened this day. She just could not shake any of it off.

Couldn’ even git ‘im his fuckin’ cigarettes right.” she grumbled, that was the cherry on the top.

---

I mean it had to have happened before today...iIts like you live off of drinking. You breathe liquor.” He chuckled at his statement before stopping. “Heh, sorry. Anyway, point is, you shouldn't lie, I understand your frustrating from today but even before we knew about this apocalypse you were drinking already, we did go to your apartment you know...so evidence is there.” He explained. “I seen your name was Colette... Its a beautiful name... I hope you don't mind if i call you it from time to time.

He then seen she felt guilty for her actions today. “And I see that the performance of everyone including yourself today wasn't the best but Colette... No one is perfect... Guess that's a lesson I need to learn too but the point is, we got out safety and we all just met each other. We did well today and no one died. Now, do you really think thays something to be upset about? Of course you will say, 'oh but Marcus I almost got everyone killed and I'm a horrible leader' but at the end of the day we all counted on you and you brought us back safely with a hell of a lot of supplies and not to mention you just saved more people and brought them in here to help them survive. So if anything you far passed the mission, you are a superhero.” He explained.

---

Well… I jus’ like it.” she said with a shrug. But as he then mentioned her full name, the woman froze. Collette? Did he seriously just say that? She gulped slightly, “Uh-Um, well, uh-” she spluttered a little. It felt almost alien for it to be said. There was a reason she had always introduced herself as Colt. Collette did not exist anymore. That woman was gone. She was killed back in Afghanistan in that tank. The ex-Marine gulped anxiously and stammered a little, unsure how to react.

N-No, I… I don’ mind.” she said as she glanced around anxiously before taking on more beer. He then attempted to reassure her that her actions today were not as bad as she had thought. She shut her eyes tightly for a few moments.

If I jus’ kept ev’ryone straight, n’body would be hurt, Owen wouldn’ be missin’ and I wouldn’ have ‘urt that girl.” she sighed, still struggling to process it all.

---

He sighed, all of this really wants all that bad considering how it really should have went. “Colette wanna hear what a bad job would have been? We would have been trapped in the shop still and we would have had at least two of us die then we would have got to that Motel and guess what? More of us would have died probably only bringing back three people at the most. And Owen just said he needed to get something, if anything even though i hated him i know for a fact he's gonna come back. He isn't as badly hurt as some of the other people like Ivan. He will be fine since he has Andy to live for, hey maybe he even sees this little group as some sort of family. Anyway be thankful for the good that's happened and don't focus on the bad too much. People can always improve, don't you believe that? I mean I doubt you were always this hardcore before joining the military and in in good and bad ways it changed you. Just have faith.

---

Colt listened to him as she looked at her feet. She glanced back up at the man as he described how badly it could have gone. She sighed heavily.

The woman flinched a little as he called her Collette again. Something about it just felt wrong. Nobody called her that, not at least for the last ten years. Even her superiors would call her by her given nickname. As he then mentioned the military, she looked down.

Hmmm…” she rolled up the cargo pants of her left leg, looking at the titanium limb, “Wouldn’ call this ‘hardcore’” she huffed.

---

I meant you as a person is hardcore that doesn't have much to do with you missing a leg... And if anything try to thing positively about that, in this situation hell you could have a fucking shotgun for a leg and still be badass. Just know Colt that everyone here respects you. Everyone here likes you... Well except the girl you knocked out but ya anyway people look to you for advice and everything. Can you please trust me? At this point I wouldn't lie to you, I already expressed my feelings to you so that should maybe mean something towards my truth.” He said looking away a bit still feeling nervous about it.

---

She listened as Marcus assured her that there were still some good things to focus on. With a deep sigh, she finished off the beer with a belch before putting it on the floor. At this point she was beginning to feel rather faint. She looked at the man as he mentioned the girl she had knocked out. She groaned and put a hand on her head.

Ugh… Andy’s mad at me about that.” she remembered, “Fuck,” she added. What else could she have done? Left her there? The woman looked up again as Marcus asked her to trust him. She blinked and looked down once again, scratching the back of her head.

I guess,” she sighed, “I guess thats true.” she responded before letting out a long and loud yawn. But she could not sleep! She still had things to do! With a slight snort, she tried to get back up, intending to check on everyone and if Owen was back yet. If not, she was going to look for him.

---

Yea probably but she will get over it, you need to rest though, you have had a long day, you hurt your shoulder, and you are far past drunk.” He explained. “Just stay and in the morning we will make sure you eat and drink lots of water so at least your hangover won't be as bad. Just let me take care of you I guess…” he offered hoping she would see that he was right even in her state.

---

Colt, despite trying to get up, fell back against the bed with a long huff. She grumbled something under her breath before listening to Marcus as he tried to get her to stay put. She sighed heavily, flopping her head against the pillow.

I’m no’ hungry.” she sighed, though that was a total lie, it was now at least three days since her last proper meal, and at this point, her stomach was not letting her forget that fact. She huffed through her nose, “...Wa’er sounds good though.” she said finally, staring up at the ceiling.

---

He raised a brow, she was beginning to not be able to handle her liquor. “Heh, Colette... I think the liquor is finally hitting you hard, it only took a whole day.” He chuckled at her. “Just get some rest and I'll get you food and water in the morning alright?” He reassured her as he laid back on the bed feeling just as tired as her but he wouldn't sleep, not yet anyways. He just relaxed and held Colt slightly close since she seemed to be in an uncomfortable position.

---

Colt didn’t respond to that. She continued to stare at the ceiling. She let out a sigh and shut her eyes. She could hardly keep them open at this moment. She felt Marcus hold onto her, but it felt somewhat nice, despite the fact that she did not want to sleep, she started feeling herself drifting.

“‘Kay…” she sighed with a yawn, “Yer right.” she added as she started drifting to sleep even though her instincts told her to stay awake. She looked at the man through her eyelids as she struggled to think of what to say or do. It was probably the drink, but for whatever reason, she leaned over and gave Marcus a very slight, very quick peck on the cheek, hardly touching him before she turned around to face the other direction.

Hmmm… I’ll still need t’ find Owen…

---

Marcus yawned and his eyes opened wide as she kissed his cheek, he looked over at her but she quickly faced the other direction as she laid her head on him. He gave a slight smile and gently combed her hair with his fingers. “Hey, if he's not back tomorrow I'll go with you to go find him ‘after’ you eat breakfast but I'm sure he will be fine.” He finished with but she was already long gone in her slumber, he wasn't tired anymore but more so excited that things between them seemed to be working out a bit more.

44d2418c8ffe276f0dde8e422ee19182.jpg

coollogo_com-26356205.png
Milly jumped a little as the older man, Ralph left the room and the blonde girl returned, the one who messed with Ivan’s leg. Worried, Milly whimpered a little as she instinctively moved closer to Shiona, on account of her recent actions. She felt… not safe but, like she was in less danger under this blanket next to her. She introduced herself as Leliana and asked her if she was hurt or sore. Her good eye darted back and forth as she tried to come up with an answer. She had to be truthful, right?

Just… hungry.” She answered, she had mentioned pizza before, something Milly was rather unsure of. Pizza day was Saturday, this was Thursday. Now that she thought about it, she realised that everything she had known before, her routine that she’d stick to religiously was now non-existent. Everything was so uncertain now. And it scared her. She needed to know what was going to happen! But nobody seemed to know!

As the two women then started to discuss sleeping arrangements, Milly stayed as quiet as she could. She just knew that she had to be silent when adults were talking. (Shiona was only a few years older but she was still a grown up as far as Milly knew) As she listened, tears started to leak from her eyes and her shoulders shook as she forced herself to be quiet. She didn’t want to sleep in a different bed. She wanted her own bed. She couldn’t stop thinking about the soft navy blanket over the covers and the small collection of stuffed toys she had resting on the pillows. Soft toys she worried she’d never get to hug again. The idea of sleeping somewhere strange, without her mother giving her a hug goodnight or not being there in the morning to wake her up was too much.

Unable to hold it back, Milly sobbed and buried her face into Snowy in an attempt to hide from the three adults. She did not want to draw any attention onto herself. Hogging attention was really bad, and she did not want to get in trouble with any of them. She didn’t want to speak, none of them had spoke to her so how could she speak? But she could not help it. “N-No, I… I want to go home!” she sobbed into her bear, muffling her voice slightly.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 The Mad Queen The Mad Queen FireMaiden FireMaiden

I

Ivan's eyes twitched in his sleep as he dreamed of times past. His body twitched along with them as he was reminded of a not pleasant time of his life void of happy moments with friends or family, but replaced with work at a young age and the depression that came with losing a father. He continued to twitch violently before he jolted awake in a cold sweat, gasping for a solid breath as he looked around the room to anchor himself in reality. After regaining a normal pace of breath, he laid his head against pillow before sitting up slowly. He used his hands to move his newly repositioned leg until his stood slowly. He sighed quietly before his eyes snapped to the source of a loud boom before he saw Marcus helping a half naked Colt out of the bathroom. A short sigh escaped from him, jealousy creeping up his back again as Ivan looked around again. He eyed a moderately sized cane and limped over to it, using the wall and other furniture as support until he got to it. He gripped it before limping over to the fridge with his newfound support, opening the door and feeling around the inside until they found a tall bottle of chilled Amaretto Veroni Originale. A short chuckle escaped him as he looked out the window and smiled shortly. He moved to the backdoor, holding the bottle in one hand and using the cane as support for his still healing leg as he put the bottle on the counter by the door.

“Sorry, Leliana.”

He said in a quiet whisper as he swung the door open and stepped outside with the cane, grabbing the Italian alcohol and letting the door shut behind him. He was met first with the sight and smell of the woods, an almost reminiscent scent before the sound of voices invaded the quiet peace. Ivan looked over to see Luca and Andy sitting on a floor talking. He caned his way over and sat down next to them, uncorking the bottle and raising it to his nose. A sweet and fragrant smell invaded his nose and raised it to hi lips. The drink tasted as sweet as it did smell, and Ivan leaned back against the wall quietly, closing his eyes for a moment to settle into the peaceful environment around him. Even if just for a moment, he let everything that was wrong fall from his mind. The apocalypse, being hunted by the military, all of it. When he finally opened his eyes again, looking over at the two and smiling.

“Thank you again Andy, for letting all of us come out here.”

He said as he raised the bottle to his lips again and took a quick sip. He looked over at her and smiled as he moved the bottle in hers and Lucas direction.

“Cheers to a prosperous apocalypse.”

He said, hopefully not interrupting as he tried to change the mood to a more happy feel instead of the heavy tone that seemed to be looming over the two.​

Last edited:
cooltext311650301659415.png
e1bc3a36ea6d32279299d6cb9dde331d.jpg
Interaction: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Milly) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa/Brian) The Mad Queen The Mad Queen (Ralph)

Mentioned/In The Area: King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan)

Shinoa's concern was cute, but it made Leliana shart to chuckle. And for like, an almost weird amount of time? "No, it's fine. It's a queen sized bed, and Colt just collapses on the floor. By the way, she's the uh, vet covered in blood who can't keep her mouth off her flask, so...yeah that's fun," Leliana muttered, pausing for a moment. Thinking about it, Colt probably did not make a good first impression. "I promise you, she's cool though, despite anything you've seen that may paint her in a bad light." She chuckled again, awkwardly, eyes glancing between her, and the front door as she half expected Colt to bust trough any moment. "Anyway, I figured in case anything happened, it would easier having to come and find me if you're right there next to me." Leliana gave her little smile, about to ask a question about her baby, when the man who said he was a doctor but not a doctor asked if she was a nurse.

Before she could however, the young girl she still didn't know the name of burst out into tears. Leliana sighed a little, "Everything is going to be okay." It felt like a lie, it felt bitter. Nothing really had gone right, but..."It's not safe for everyone to go home right now. All of our parents wanted us to stay here because it's safe." She was probably worried her mom or dad, or both of them, right? Im her situation, Leliana would be. Realisticly, trying to find them would be hard, and maybe even impossible, but giving her hope wouldn't hurt, yeah? "And going home isn't safe right now, none of us can go home. Which isn't exactly great, but, as soon as it's safe we can." Leliana would have kept going, trying to calm her down, but the timer in the kitchen sounded, three shrill beeps, "You said you were hungry right? That's a problem I can solve right now, I'll be rught back." Leliana used the arm of the couch to pull herself up off the ground, and stepped around the older man, briefly apologizing for ignoring his question, and just now noticing the man in the suit from earlier. He was cleaning some weapons, none of which she could see at the moment, but that was fine.

Leliana quickly got the pizzas out of the oven, given them two minutes cool, before she cut them. 8 slices each, five of which would already be going off to possibly hungry bellies. If not, they could put them back in the kitchen. Leliana also managed to find some paper plates, which was great because she knew that nobody would feel like doing dishes, she didn't. She hated doing dishes, the yucky water, the slimy old food, it just gross. Anyway, she first took a piece to Brian, and Leliana would now finally get a good look at the weapons he was a cleaning. Setting the plate down, she unintentionally scoffed a little, "Those are real things? And Santa never could come through." Leliana felt a little tense around this guy, which was saying something cause she got into a car with Luca after watching him actually murder a guy, so...anyway, there was just something weird. The suit, the weapons, the ohmygod, this guy could totally be a govrnment agent. Leliana, who totally might have been looking over the guns and wrist blades a little too long, flashed him a bit of an awkward smile, and quickly turned her back to him to go gather and hand out the remaining pizza she had cut.

She avoided eye contact with Brian as she passed him again, both out of embarrassment and also if he was a government agent, Leliana didn't exactly like those guys, however even in inner monologue, she tended to avoid the details. Of course, he could just be a well dressed assassin's creed fan? Nah, none of those guys were well dressed. Anyway, she handed a plate to Ralph, Milly, and Shinoa keeping one for herself as she sat back down on the floor. "There you go. Some food might help."

Now, she took a moment to answer Ralph's question. "You asked if I'm a nurse. Legally speaking no. I was starting to take my third year to get my nursing license through Chamberlain online with the hands on classes being handled through the community college. Doesn't mean in not qualified to do anything. I Ivan's leg a little while ago," She said, taking a bite of her slice. "Do you three know if anyone was injured in the group that just arrived? Not everyone has come to say hi yet, which I understand, but I'd like to have an idea of everyone's well-being."

The following post is a collab written by Oslonaut Oslonaut and Maj Maj

coollogo_com-120901461.png
Suoh.Mikoto.full.1559201.jpgHe wrapped his arms around her as they embraced. Owen was so overjoyed to find her alive that the scolding he was receiving hardly mattered. This was met with a lot of guilt as well. Why hadn’t he looked for her? His focus had reasonably been pulled in a million different directions, but still, Owen loved Sarah. She was like another sister to him and the fact that he had managed to not even think about checking on her weighed on him. Despite this, his laugh met her as he joked about Andy shooting her.

“I’m sure we both look like garbage,” he agreed with her. Between the blood streaking his clothes and skin to the dirt he could feel crusting on his nose, he knew that he was way overdue for a shower. Sarah looked like she could use the same. It was apparent she was injured by the way she reacted from the hug as well. He sobered as he looked past her and out the window.

“It’s gone to shit out there Sarah. Were you at the school?” One look at her face when he asked the question answered it for him. He was thankful she had been able to avoid that. In response, Sarah quietly shook her head. She, indeed, hadn’t been at the school. But the look in her eyes made it seem she had a clear idea of what had happened.

“It was a fucking trap, like fish in a barrel. They just started gunning everyone down. Me and Andy grabbed who we could and made it up to the lodge.” He couldn't help but wonder who she had lost up until this point. The girl was by herself, last he knew she had a boyfriend of some kind. It didn't seem like anyone made it very long without having to witness someone they care about get hurt or worse.

“I’m so relieved you two made it.” She briefly interjected, affectionately squeezing the side of his arm with a single hand. She’d figured as much, but… god, she hoped Barb hadn’t been there. The realization that it was more than likely that she had been, however, was dawning on her quickly. She buried the thought away again, for now. “You said Andy’s at the lodge? Uncle’s lodge?” She inquired, raising a brow.

“The same. I’m just rounding up some last minute supplies before I head back to meet them. Are you out here all by yourself?”

“Yeah, well...” She debated telling him about Alex. What she had done was kind of fucked up, but it had been necessary. Sarah wasn’t sure Owen would understand it, and she didn’t want to court his judgement either. Not tonight. Still, she had to answer the question as truthfully as she could bring herself to. “I was traveling with a girl I met. But she had to leave.” Shifting her eyes towards the window pane at the other end of the store, Sarah determined the sound she’d just heard was a car door left ajar in the wind rather than a snarl before continuing.
OfOp6Li.png
“Listen, I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but… Aurora’s being walled-in. There’s military at the borders. The ‘shoot first and ask questions later’ kind. I’m trying to plan an escape, and I think a remote area like the woods the lodge is in is probably our best bet… but I need to stop by the hospital first… it’s important.” Owen, of course, had no idea about her diagnosis that morning prior. But she didn’t feel the need to explain it to him just yet. “You go on ahead, and be safe about it. I’ll grab what I need from the hospital then meet you there, okay?”

“Fuck,” the red head growled, shaking his head sadly. They were still fish in a barrel. If he had stopped to consider the possibility of the border control, he likely could have surmised as much, but it was just another thing that hadn’t come to his mind in all the chaos.

“Andy was at the hospital when shit went down. According to her the place is absolutely crawling with corpses.” He scratched his head as he looked at her. It wasn’t like Sarah to say something was important if it wasn’t, and the group could use more medical supplies. Even Colt had asked for pain medication for her leg, and the stuff he had grabbed at Bert and Ernie’s old place wouldn’t last long.

Sarah, in the meantime, slightly widened her eyes at the fact that her cousin had been at the hospital when she had been as well. She was about to vocalize the coincidence before catching herself in the act and cutting herself short. It was hard to say so without explaining why she had been here herself. But Andy was right. From what Sarah had heard, as she had taken the back exit with Patrick, the whole place was going to hell before they’d vamoosed. And now… now she could practically hear the snappers from here. It wasn’t going to be easy.

“If it’s important, there is no way I’m letting you go alone. I have more than a few good reasons to go myself and there is safety in numbers. But that being said, we shouldn’t go at night. It’s already getting dark, and going in blind is a bad idea. Can whatever you need wait till dawn?” He didn’t pry into why exactly Sarah needed to go to the hospital so badly. Owen trusted her to tell him if she felt comfortable enough to do so. It would be dangerous to go, and that was a vast understatement. Their best chance of getting in and out quickly and without incident would be going together.

Nodding, Sarah sighed and gently gripped the arm she held loosely to her side. It still fucking stung like hell. She should have figured the ibuprofen wasn’t going to kick in as effectively or quickly as she wanted. And, although it hadn’t quite hit her until now, she was fucking exhausted.
“Yeah… okay. I think that’s a good idea.” She muttered, gesturing towards the back room with a nod. “There’s an office back there with a pretty sturdy lock and enough space for the two of us. Let’s crash in there.”

There were some homemade quilts in a bin at the entrance to the minimart. They were twenty dollars a pop and guaranteed to keep truckers warm in the often cold Aurora climate— or so the sign above it claimed. After grabbing a few of those, clearing some space in the office, and flipping the ‘OPEN’ sign to ‘CLOSED’, Sarah set her pack down to use as a pillow before carefully lowering herself down to sleep.
“Hey, the world’s going to shit but at least we’re having the sleepover we never got to have as kids, right?” She scoffed in a hushed whisper, grunting in pain a little as she finally hit the ground with her side and covered herself in a quilt.

Owen chuckled, following Sarah’s lead. The floor was hard, but at least they had strong locked doors and now he had someone he trusted covering his back. He knew Andy was going to tear him a new one for being out overnight, but hopefully bringing Sarah back with him would be enough to avoid too much of a lashing.

“Goodnight Sarah, try to get some rest.”

coollogo_com-224054.png
The Jordan Lodge
October 18th, 2018 Approximately 7:15am

superthumb.jpgIt was daylight that caused Andy’s eyes to flutter open. It streamed in through the window in a delicate way, catching all the hanging dust particles in the air. She was immediately aware of the pulsing in her temples. The rum had gotten the best of her this time, she didn’t even remember coming to bed. When she pushed the covers back panic struck as she noticed that she was in nothing but her pajama shorts and her black bra.

“No no no no,” She whispered to herself, glancing over to Luca’s sleeping form. Her and Luca had basically downed a rather large bottle of rum, but there is no way she would have done that with [i[Luca[/i].

‘You’ve woken up next to worse,’ she mentally reminded herself. When the panic and sleep subsided from her mind she began to think clearly. Parts of the last of the evening started flooding back to her. It had gotten late, she had given everyone their room assignments in a rather drunken slur of words and limped her way to bed to let anyone who didn’t like her decision fight amongst themselves. She remembered feeling hot, the alcohol doing it’s job and turning her veins to liquid fire. Andy had thrown her shirt off before climbing into bed. A brief glimpse to the side, confirmed this.

Thank god

The red head climbed out of bed softly as to not rouse her bedmate and picked her shirt off the floor. As quickly as she could she scurried off to the bathroom to shower and dress before going out to rejoin the rest of the house. Hopefully Owen would have returned and she wouldn’t have to go out. Luca had given his word that he would go help her find him if he hadn’t, but she hoped for the easier of two paths. From the look on Colt’s face when they had returned, the rest of the town was even more chaotic than her little lodge, packed wall to wall with strange humans.

Mentions: Brax Brax (Luca) Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt)

842f5d19e6b384ecf9dc8b3c931a3965.jpg

Ivan woke up slowly on what seemed to be a bed in the living room, not completely remembering the night before as he had gotten slightly drunk off of the Italian liquor he’d found. Lightly was a bit of an understatement, as his head pounded when he tried to sit up. He looked around him quietly and saw that the couch he’d slept on before was in fact a pull out. This was a new low for the Russian, as his drunk self, or someone associated with him, had figured out that this couch pulled out into a decently comfortable bed. He rolled over after plopping his head back onto the pillow below him, making his head pound more as he let a quiet groan escape him. He pressed his palms against his temples as he sighed quietly, rubbing his forehead as he whined inaudibly. The man rolled over slowly, his hand falling from the bed and was met with cold glass. The bottle from the previous nights affairs lay next to where he slept, and a short chuckle escaped from him, causing another wave of headache as he lifted the bottle from the ground below and let it hang in front of his face.

“You’re too good to waste on one night. I’m saving you for later."

He said with a smile as he set the bottle back down and rolled onto his back. For some reason he just now noticed it, but basically all of his clothes were missing, or at least half missing, as it seemed drunk Ivan tried to undress but only managed to get each item halfway off before giving up on it. His shirt was around his neck, one sock was off and missing, and his pants were around his knees. As he saw his clothes somewhat strewn among his own body, he looked around for even the possibility that he had had a one night stand before remembering quickly that he was like a 6 at best. A short sigh of relief washed over him as he reassured himself that no one in the lodge would stoop that low, maybe. As he adjusted his clothes to where they weren’t hanging scandalously from his body, he sat up again, hopefully for good this time, and looked around the room. He’d definitely need more of that Italian liquor, because whatever it was had him still tipsy even the morning after. As he looked around, a sudden and intrusive thought floated into his mind, and he was overwhelmed with a single and powerful directive.

“Mac and Cheese.”

He said quietly as he swung his legs off of the bed and limped quickly into the kitchen. He raided the pantry until he found what he was looking for. A box of the golden beauty, light shining onto it from the lights behind him as if it were a heavenly object. He hummed an angelic tune quietly as he reached out and grabbed the box gently, caressing it as he gathered the necessities for such a delicacy.​

Doctor Ralph Fisher and Jenna: The Lodge
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg

Ralph's conversation with the nurse was interrupted by a sound he knew all too well, a little girl crying. Once again, the doctor's mind turned to that of his own child. She was well-behaved despite being excitable but every child cries over something. Getting shots, the time she lost her teddy bear or the time she was convinced there was a monster in her closet she dubbed "Nile"
The latter was on Ralph, for he had been combating an outbreak of the West Nile virus at a school in Dallas that week and she'd overheard him talking about what a "monster" the disease was. Gave her nightmares for about a week.

Part of him hated having to be away from his wife and daughter for sometimes whole weeks or even longer at a time, but he would remind himself over and over again that he was doing his job for them and not just because it was well-paid. Money had never been a real concern. He and his wife both worked in professions that had decent job security, after all. He had money tucked away in a life insurance policy too, so if anything happened to him Sarah could go to a decent university and June wouldn't lose the house.

He had assured himself that even if he did die on the job, his family would be okay in the long run but this new strain had changed things. Any idea of his family having a safe life, let alone comfortable one had gone out the window. Every dead body was a host for a parasite that was airbone and with the hazmat troopers being more interested in covering things up quickly and quietly there was little to no chance of studying the parasite in detail, let alone developing a vaccine or even cure for it.

He needed do to something, but for now he'd settle for trying to comfort a little girl. Leliana seemed to be doing a good job of it already, but that wasn't going to stop him from trying.

"Milly, was it?" He asked "The nice lady is right, we can't go home. Not yet. But we're going to look after you until you can."
He still couldn't shake off a gut feeling that the girl's parents were already dead, but he did his best to bury it so that she would't pick up on anything.

He took the pizza slice in hand, sniffing it before taking a small bite. Making sure he wasn't talking with his mouth full, he looked down at Leliana
"Given the circumstances we're in, I don't think whether you're a nurse or not by law matters. My wife was patching people up before she finished her degree." He smiled "Children's nurse."
He sighed, looking down "Thanks for the pizza."

"Oh, and as for injuries. I'm not sure. I arrived with Shinoa so I couldn't tell you too much about everyone else. I'd be happy to help if there are any, of course and I think you're not the only nurse here."

EA-007-800x800.jpg

Jenna's eyes brightened as she read the hastily drawn map. There were a few people that wouldn't be able to traverse the sewers but she was coming up with a plan in her head. If a few stayed behind to guard the lodge and those who couldn't travel a team of herself and anyone else with the power to expose the atrocities went along with Michael and perhaps one of the ex-military they could easily make it and tell the story. The CDC doctor's words would hold a lot more weight than hers, obviously but she could at least give him an audience and some pointers to get the initial word out.
Her subscribers, followers and her contacts in the online world meant there would be no hiding from what happened in Aurora. The US government would have to shut down the entire internet if they wanted to block the truth.

From there, she'd her her citizenship to hide. Getting anyone wrapped up and thus, in danger due to exposing the government to a UK embassy and having a pint until things blowed over. The people in the lodge would have to hang tight or maybe there was a chance of getting them through the sewers after all. If they took their time and had the numbers, they could even get the pregnant lady through so long as she didn't go into labour halfway through the trip.
Plenty of pregnant people had escaped from warzones before, right? You'd see that on the news.

It could work. It had to. Taking the hazzies and the dead head-on in trying to escape was suicide, and given they blocked every exit out of the city that was a suicide mission as well. She still had bullet-holes in her piece of crap rental to prove it.
Sneaking out through the sewers though, that was their third and best option. There was always another option.

Try to get another job despite your face being all over social media, go on jobseekers or use the social media to fund a new career? Do you stick with the long waiting lists, risking gatekeeping or do you use ad revenue and money from streams to pay for surgery?
There was always a way out.

As she was working things out in her head, Michael dropped a bombshell. The sewers were full of the dead, or would be soon enough. The one safe exit and her chances of emerging from a zombie outbreak and a river full of shit clean on the other side was now a deathtrap.
Her smile became a frown and the light in her eyes dimmed. Handing Michael back his map, she turned around and kicked the dirt at her feet.
"Fuck!" She shouted, delivering another kick

Running two hands through her hair, she took a few deep breaths. She had to keep her voice down, or risk attracting unwanted attention. It was frightening Cammy as well, so she held her tongue.
"Plan C I guess." She muttered "Well, Michael I'm going to go inside and scream into a pillow so that I don't draw every zed within a mile radius to this lovely home."
Turning back to face the new guy, she let out another sigh.
"Oh. I'm Jenna, by the way. If you're going in, wipe your feet I guess."

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal Liezarria Liezarria Rumble Fish Rumble Fish BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco TheTreForce TheTreForce FireMaiden FireMaiden

51170965_403136570508443_31034415773646848_n.jpg
cooltext311138355072126-png.542790
Luca was eventually woken by the sound of his bedroom door closing. He was always a relatively light sleeper. At first, his eyes opened briefly to be greeted by morning light. The man turned over and grabbed his pillow before digging his face into its cotton-filled surface. Try as he might, the damage was already done. There was no way he was going to get back to sleep. The same went for his hangover; trying to sleep it off was not an option anymore. He was going to have to be miserable for half of the day as a result of the choices he had made the previous night. When he was younger, he never had an issue with waking up feeling sick. It was only as he got older that hangovers developed and actually became a thing. Actually, each time he drank a little too much, they seemed to get worse.

It wasn’t often that the man was subjected to his own dreams. Usually he was forced to witness some sort of variation of recurring events. The thought process that he tried very much to mask for years and years on a day-to-day basis seemingly came to life in the night time, completely at random. As the seconds turned to minutes, Luca gave up on chasing more rest. He turned over once more and sat up. When he did the covers slipped off of his torso, revealing his bare chest. The Italian raised an eyebrow as he looked over his nude upper-half. Then, his hand grasped the covers that were over his legs and lifted them up. Much to his own surprise, he found that he was missing much more than just a shirt. Luca was completely naked underneath that blanket.

He immediately assumed the worst. Who wouldn’t?

With a disgusted groan, the man forced himself out of bed. The migraine he had been experiencing was a fine enough reminder that he had no business making the stupid decision to drink as much as he did the previous night. Luca slowly walked into the bathroom. He wasn’t worried about facing Andy upon leaving the bedroom; it wasn’t as though he was the type of guy to talk about things to begin with. No, Luca was never going to mention this. In fact, he could deny it. Hell, he didn’t even remember it. Might as well not have happened even if it did.

There were much bigger issues going on. As far as he knew, Owen still wasn’t home. Zombies still owned and roamed the radius of Aurora. The government had tried to kill them barely over twenty four hours prior. What in the hell could the best next steps be? Was staying at this lodge his best option? Luca, much like many other people, preferred to keep his life. It wasn’t that he feared death as much as he disliked the thought of experiencing the inevitable pain that came from being ripped up from the outside in.

He brushed his teeth quickly, ran some water over his face and then traced down his pair of briefs. Once he slipped those on, a pair of sweatpants followed. Thanks, Andy’s old ass uncle. The more Luca wore his clothes, the more he liked them. They provided an aesthetic that Luca had never properly appreciated before - 80’s, or some shit.

He kept his shirt off. Instead, Luca removed a rather puffy jacket from the wardrobe and slipped it over his back. The man didn’t even bother zipping it up before he was walking out of the master bedroom rocking a pair of all-white new balance sneakers. Straight dad status, aside from the cigarette hanging limply between his lips. Closing the door behind him, Luca made a beeline to the kitchen. Any chance he had of combating his headache most certainly started with the strongest cup of coffee possible. Minutes later he was back outside, smoking a cigarette in his favorite scenario; away from the general populous.

Last edited:
ee6f7cbea685f7d985f82f8ccbbe004e.jpg
Interaction: King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan)

Mentioned/In The Area: Brax Brax (Luca) Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Milly) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa) Maj Maj (Andy)

"Ivan...why are making mac an cheese at 7 am?" Leliana's groggy voice would stumble in with her as she yawned, rubbing sleep from her eyes. She wasn't use to sharing a bed, especially with two people, and she had had some none planet dreams throughout most of the night, so Leliana was running on a good two, maybe two and half hours of sleep after making sure there were enough blankets for everyone and taking a shower. She was aware that Luca, Andy and Ivan had all been drinking, as she had heard them all stumble in at some point while being woken up in a cold sweat, or just normal sweat. Pregnant ladies were very warm apparently. Anyway, when she walked downstairs, her goal was to finish off the box of pancake mix from yesterday to make some breakfast for most people, allowing everyone else to scrounge, waving to Luca as she saw him sneak outside, only to come in and see the man she specifically told not to be on his feet, on his feet.

She didn't wait for an answer however, as Leliana grabbed a coffee cup and poured herself some of the pot that Luca had made. It was tasty, but left the kitchen in silence as she began to slowly gather what she needed to make the pancake batter. Eggs and some milk, which they had thankfully, but not a lot of. She found the waffle maker, and plugged it in, taking the time it took to warm up to finish her coffee and to wander to the living room to grab the journal she was using to keep track of what they had. She had to go an update it today with all the knew stuff the supply group brought in yesterday, and she should start a section for food. But for now, there was a green light, and Leliana poured the first bit of batter that would soon turn into delicious pancakes.

193599_deltafinish.jpg

coollogo_com-14614608.png
Pa, I’m- y’don’t need to come here, I’m okay!
Now that’s a load of manure yer tellin’ me, girl and don’t deny it. Ye’ve been there for months, what’s goin’ on?
I’m just tryin’ to figure things out-
Any more of that BS young lady and I’ll come over there just to give yer hiney a good beatin’!
But pa-
I’ll kick
yer butt! Collette, I’m yer da! Ya’ll tell me what’s goin’ on right now!

I…” Colt paused, at that point wanting to hang up. She hadn’t spoken to her father for months, and now she was beginning to regret phoning him in the first place. As soon as he answered, all it had been was questions, worry and demands for an explanation for her absence. Over the phone, she heard a gruff sigh.
Darlin’, I’m sorry. I… I just worry about ya. I know what happened back there. About yer leg. About,” he paused, smartly deciding to not mention her name, “But yer no good there alone. Ya need to come home.
Pa, I don’t need help-” Colt’s hand shook a little as she opened her flask, taking a sip from it. She worried that he might have heard it. The man had the hearing of a damn bat.
I’m no’ stupid, Collette. Think ya forgot yer uncle used to be a bit of a drinker.” Those words made Colt freeze.
Pa, I-
Mhm. That does it. I’m gettin’ the next plane to Colorado and yer coming back with me!
No-no don’t! Pa, seriously I’m fine!” Colt yelped, “Seriously! L-look, gimme another few weeks! I-I’ll kick it!
Ya need help, Collette. Yer uncle went to a good place-
I don’t need rehab! I just-Gimme some time. Please! A-And if I haven’t done it by then… I’ll go.

There was silence on the other end, Colt just knew that he was not buying it. But, he seemed to know that, well, she was almost thirty so he could not really force her to do anything.
Okay. I’ll play along. But, listen to me. If ya ever feel like you can’t do it and y’need help, just come home. Don’t call me. I’ll be there. We’ll get through it. But if ya want to try it yerself, I can’t stop ya. Just know it’s there. Nobody will judge ya.
Ya won’t tell any of ‘em right?
Nah. I won’t. For now.
Thanks, Pa… look, I’m gonna go. I’ll call tomorrow.” She paused. A silence built between them, until his husky voice spoke up again, now tender and quiet.
I love you darlin’. Don’t forget that.
I love you too.” Colt blinked, feeling a couple of tears leak down her cheek, with that she hung up. She turned to look at the apartment. It was dark. Lonely. Surrounded by bottles and trash. Part of her wanted to do as Brooks had said, get the next flight back to West Virginia. Back home. But what would greet them? Not the young woman they saw leave on her first tour, but a pale, one-legged shell. With a sigh, she sat on the sofa, staring at the television. Not watching the tv. Just staring at it. Next to her, on the coffee table was a bottle of scotch. Colt sighed, rubbing the back of her neck before opening it and pouring some into a tumbler.

Right. She’d have a couple of these tonight. But that was it. Tomorrow, she was going cold turkey.
__

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick- What was that!?
Colt could not open her eyes at first, all she could hear was that godforsaken pounding, causing pain to surge through head. With a snarl, Colt tried to sit up but instantly cursed at the throbbing pain in her muscles. It felt as though she had been hit by a truck. When she finally did open her eyes, the first thing she saw was light streaking in through the blinds, making her cover them. What the fuck had happened last night? Her stomach was groaning and her mouth tasted like what could only be described as gasoline. Where was she? Colt managed to prop herself up on the bed, instantly feeling sick and dizzy. She wanted to collapse. She looked around, spotting Marcus next to her and the position indicated that they might have been spooning. She looked down, realising she was only in her cargo pants. Colt groaned and held her head. She must have passed out or something.

Urgh… fuckin’,” she managed to struggle to her feet, though her actual foot felt as though it was about to give out under her. She swayed a bit, so badly that she almost fell backwards and would have if the wall hadn’t been there. The world was spinning, and she still felt inebriated. How much did she have yesterday? She could hardly remember anything. Leaning on the wall, the cold material against her back made her feel more balanced. From what she could remember, they left to scavenge and- Shit. Her bloodshot eyes opened wider. Owen. She had not heard him return last night. He must have still been out there!

Not allowing another thought to pass through her head (not that any could at this point) she stumbled out of the room, got fully dressed in her black t-shirt and army jacket. As she grabbed her cap, she saw Andy go into the bathroom, not noticing her as she stood there. Colt wanted to go in, she wanted to apologise to the girl for allowing Owen to go off on his own. The heartburn she had in her chest was punctuated by the guilt she had for allowing it. But she worried the girl would lash out and in her mentally and emotionally shattered state, Colt knew she would not be able to take it. She passed the door and tried to get down the stairs as quick as possible, though the momentum alone made her feel like she was going to collapse with the pain coursing through her muscles. It took longer than she wanted it to, but she finally got to the bottom of the stairs. With a groan, she dropped to her knee at her rucksack, putting her Raven MP25 in her pocket and a FAMAS that she slung around her back (she was unsure if the safety was on or not). She could smell food being cooked, a weird mix. Colt blinked as she couldn’t figure out if she was just too drunk or if there really was mac and cheese being cooked. Leliana and Ivan were in the kitchen, she honestly did not know who was cooking what. Her stomach rumbled loudly, adding to her grievances. She already felt like she was about to vomit up her guts. While frankly, she did want to just fall onto the ground and fall asleep, she had to focus on this first. She had to find Owen.

Stupid red-head. Should’ve gone.” She grumbled as she got up, “’Kay. I’m off.” She sighed lowly, just as a general statement. She opened the front door onto the porch, wincing at the light that instantly greeted her. That and the distinct smell of cigarette smoke. She turned to look at Luca as he stood smoking. “’lo.” She said before roughly sitting on the porch, intending to go down as normal but practically ended up falling onto her rear, making her curse out loud. Right. Sit here for a few moments, catch her breath then go and find Owen. Good plan, Colt. Good plan. You stupid bitch.
Maj Maj Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal FireMaiden FireMaiden King Vioogra King Vioogra Brax Brax

Last edited:

Milly had barely slept that night. Even after having her slice of pizza, she was still hungry. But she could not say anything about it before going to bed. Despite being in a room with two other people, two people who had been nice to her, she was still exceedingly anxious. She stared at the ceiling, holding onto her teddy and desperately holding back tears the whole night. When she did fall asleep, she would then be quickly awakened by a nightmare. She would wake up scared but now, she did not have her mother to go to after having a nightmare. And she did not want to wake up either Shiona or Leliana about it. She did not know them or know how they would react so the last thing she wanted was to wake them. When Leliana left in the morning, Milly followed, leaving Shiona, mainly because she just wanted to be with another person.

Heading downstairs, Milly sat on the sofa and grabbed the blanket from the night before, wrapping it around herself. It wasn’t her weighted blanket but still, she felt cold and wanted to be covered. She had woken up with a blocked nose, slight headache and feeling a bit unwell. Must have been a cold. Milly could only hope that it was not pneumonia again. Milly sighed and hugged Snowy close. Nothing felt right. Nothing would never feel right again.

As she sat in her thoughts, Milly heard Leliana and Ivan in the kitchen. The youngster was still hungry following from yesterday so, after building up the courage, she got up from the sofa, still wrapped in her blanket and walked into the kitchen quietly. As she looked in, something caught her attention. Ivan was cooking mac and cheese? Milly’s dull eyes widened a little. They had some this whole time? But then why did they not have it last night? Milly shook her head a little. She did not want to be angry, but she just could not understand. Still, she moved in the door a little, still looking at Ivan. She briefly looked at the ground.

Um, morning.” She said extremely quietly, almost scared to speak. Did they even know she was there? From what Milly knew, you don’t talk unless invited to but, neither of them had noticed her. She hugged Snowy against her stomach as she started to wonder if she should go back into the living room. If anything, the smell and sight of the macaroni and cheese made her more homesick and want her mother more.
King Vioogra King Vioogra FireMaiden FireMaiden

9e8e3e9f54ff8105f17cef844ea9ebe5.jpg

Rouge had looked between the two as they talked. It seemed that there was a possibility to escape the town yet there were zombies in it. She perked as Jenna introduced herself. Rouge leaned over next to her and piped up to michael.

“I'm Rouge. It’s the color red in french. If there isn’t any hot water in the pipes i can start a fire and heat up some water in a metal bucket or pot?” she gestured to herself where dark flaky blood covered every inch of her.

“As you can see, i myself need a cleanup too. Though go before me. I don’t actually have my own clothes so ill just wash the ones i'm wearing and wait for them to dry i suppose.

Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #0b440a; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #0b440a; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#0b440a; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #0b440a; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#0b440a; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #0b440a; border-bottom: 1px Solid #0b440a; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #0b440a; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #0b440a; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #0b440a; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"] Marcus Howard[/div]
[div class="Img"]
645fd550c82283a2a0e73e917a92c328.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish King Vioogra King Vioogra FireMaiden FireMaiden

Mentioned: Brax Brax

Located: In the Lodge Cabin Place
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] Actions[/div] For the most part, Marcus slept well, that really had to do with him and Colt snuggling together though. Her warmth helped him get through the night save for the alcoholic breath. Marcus felt the bed shaking a bit from Colt’s movement but he was still soooo tired from yesterday to really open his eyelids and look after her. Eventually, seem time passed by and Marcus jumped to his feet realizing he shouldn’t have trusted the woman for a second and that he should have gotten up when he had the chance. The man had only hoped that something would have slowed her down, whether it be her hangover, her hurt soldier, or heck maybe she could have even forgotten her leg.

Marcus made his way downstairs tiredly and stubbing his toe on the small table in the hallway. He grits his teeth trying his best not to yell out, god it hurt so bad! Almost as bad as stepping on those forsaken Lego bocks. Rushing downstairs he managed to catch Colt barely keeping herself together with her rucksack around her and her gun strapped around her shoulder. He couldn’t believe she was actually going to go after Owen…he was fine, he wouldn’t have gone alone if he didn’t think he would make it back but he did promise he would go with her if the red-headed man wasn’t back in the morning but he didn’t want her leaving without eating breakfast. “Colt wait! Don’t you dare leave!” He rushed over and lifted her over his shoulder and brought her back into the cabin and for comedic effect.

He took the still hungover and weak looking Colt to the kitchen table and sat her down in a nearby chair, he could at least get her to eat before she attempted to leave again. He sat next to her and noticed Leli and Ivan cooking away in the kitchen, perfect timing it seemed. “You are eating first, I wouldn’t even recommend you go to try and find Owen in the state you are in but you need to at least drink some water and eat a good meal. Lastly you aren’t leaving without me, I’m keeping my promise from last night.” He stated then looked over to the couple. “Morning…” He said to the two trying to make everything was normal when it was far from that. At the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Milly. “Oh…heh, morning Milly, did you sleep okay?” He asked her hoping he didn’t startle her this morning.

[/div]
[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith [/div]

Shinoa Bradford
Interactions: Leilanna FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mentioned: Colt Rumble Fish Rumble Fish , Ivan King Vioogra King Vioogra , Milly Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Pregnancy Progression: 39 Weeks, 2 Days

Countdown to Childbirth

full
RestingWhen it was time to go to sleep, Shinoa eased into bed with three of the other girls. She ended up choosing to sleep closer towards the edge in the event that she would have to wake up and use the restroom. The first few hours were spent laying on her left side, trying to fall asleep. The commotion made it difficult. With the other girls with her on the bed, Shinoa had to actually try not to toss and turn like she normally does, often in an attempt to find a comfortable sleeping position. Straightening out her robe, she only adjusted her pillow before trying to get comfortable. As she rubbed her belly, she frowned and took a deep breath. She then felt someone hugging her from behind. Looking back briefly, she saw Lelianna's face. Turning back around, she just moved closer towards the nurse and placed her hand on the belly and snuggled up to her. It just felt...comforting to Shinoa. She soon fell asleep with a smile on her face.

The next morning around 7:30AM, Shinoa was woken up by the loud voices of her fellow survivors. Sighing, she rubbed her eyes and slowly got out of bed. Checking her bag, she decided to get rid of her robe and put on a more comfortable dress. As she straightened it out, Shinoa quietly waddled down the stairs to see Lelianna cooking breakfast in the kitchen. "Morning." She greeted the nurse. "Will you need some help getting breakfast together?"

Last edited:

Ivan and Milly (rock)

Ivan yawned quietly as Leliana entered the kitchen behind him. When she asked why he was making mac n cheese, he turned to her with a quick and simple response, not hesitating as he continued to stir the liquid gold below his nose.

“Because it’s the apocalypse and my life is in shambles!”

The man responded in a seemingly excited tone? He followed the statement up quickly with a chuckle as a small and almost missable voice came from the door of the kitchen. His eyes tracked slowly over to the kitchen door when they found Milly. The short and shy teenager was standing halfway in the doorway and looking in. Ivan smiled warmly at the girl and walked a few feet towards her. He kept a reasonable distance and squatted down. (something he had to do to be at eye level with her.) His warm smile didn’t fade as he looked at her and began speaking in a calm and welcoming tone.

“Well hello there, маленький.(little one) You must’ve arrived here with the others last night?”

Ivan spoke calmly, doing his best not to frighten the obviously anxious girl before him.

“I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you yet. My name’s Ivan”

He said, slowly putting his hand out for her to shake if she felt comfortable doing so.

--

Milly hugged her teddy against her stomach as it growled from the smell of cooked food. She kept very quiet until the man, she had heard his name being mentioned as Ivan but she had not properly talked to him. That and she saw his leg being put together. She gulped slightly as he approached her.

She nodded slightly at his first question before looking at his hand as he reached out, intending for her to shake it. Milly was a little unsure. But… it was a polite gesture and he seemed nice. Maybe she could trust him.

“I’m Milly.” she answered softly as she then took his hand. Milly was not sure about being touched by someone she did not know but a handshake seemed okay.
--

An almost playful chuckle came from Ivan’s mouth as she shook his hand, the growling of the girls stomach fell onto his ears. He turned his head to look at the post on the stove before turning back to the girl and standing back to his full height.

“Do you like mac and cheese? I made plenty if you’d like a bowl or two.”

He said with a smile as he started walking back over to the stove. He gripped the wooden spoon that rested in the pot and stirred it a bit more before taking in a deep breath through his nose and exhaling in a sigh. He reached up to the cupboard and grabbed two bowls before looking back over at the young girl, waiting for a response from her whether she wanted some or not.

--

Milly hugged her bear tighter as he then chuckled. She glanced around a little, unsure as to what to say as a response to that. What was funny? She could not understand it. But what did get her attention was his next question asking if she wanted some of the mac and cheese he had been making. She blinked her soft eyes a few times as she considered her answer. Mac and cheese as breakfast? It was a dinner, why was he making it at this time in the morning? But… she was hungry.

“Um, yes please.” she said quietly, looking away from the man as she answered him. It just felt unnatural to be talking to someone else like this. Yesterday she had been to panicked and scared to properly think about it. Even then, she was still extremely anxious but at least she could think clearer. She sniffed and took out a small tissue from her joggers to blow her nose, which was still blocked. Darn cold.

--

“Fantastic. I made a bit too much for just me anyways.”

He said as he scooped a reasonable amount into the two bowls and limped over to the girl. He knelt down slowly and handed it to her, a napkin in between the bowl and his hand.

“Do you like anything in yours? Salt, pepper, the works?”

He said as he opened the door and walked into the den area. He sat down on his bed/couch and took a mouthful of the food in. It was the first time in a while since he’d had it. Maybe the first week of college when he got hammered with his roommate? Out of nowhere his eyes widened suddenly. His roommate, where was he? Was he okay, had he been bitten? Was he killed by the military? This hadn’t occurred to him what had happened since the younger guy wasn’t there when he’d woken up at the start of all of this. He tried to comb his memories to see if he could remember seeing his face at the school, but just couldn’t. There were too many people there to begin with so it would be basically impossible to remember them all. A short sigh escaped the man as he leaned back against the couch. Once he was up and able, he’d definitely go look for him.

--

Milly took the bowl, giving him a little “thank you” as a response before he asked about any seasonings she wanted . Milly took a little salt that she put on the top of hers and mixed it all through. The rich and lovely smell of the Mac and cheese made her mouth water. She had eaten this brand before. It was one of maybe two or three she would eat. Some others were too rich or too creamy for her. A lot of foods were like that.

As she sat on the couch, she took a small forkful of macaroni and slowly started to nibble on it. Despite her panging hunger, she didn't want to wolf it down. She didn't want to make a bad impression. She still knew nobody here and the thought of one of them getting the wrong first impression of her scared the youngster. So to avoid offending people, she ate slowly and took tiny bites.
--

Ivan tried to brush off the possible whereabouts of his roommate for now, deciding that there was nothing he could really do about it since he was under house arrest, as per Leliana’s orders. As the thought of it started drifting from his mind, a short sigh escaped him before he continued eating the food in front of him. His bites were moderately sized for a normal person, as he was trying to not be rude to those around him. As the silence started to mount, he cleared his throat before speaking to the young girl.

“Where are you from? Are you related to one of the others that came in last night?”

He said, hoping to not come off as insensitive towards her situation, but hoping to get to know the newer faces while he could. He remembered there being a pregnant girl as well, maybe he’d be able to offer some assistance to her while he was grounded.

--
As Milly ate, she noticed Marcus as he greeted her from the kitchen. She blinked softly at his greeting as he then questioned if she slept well the night before. Licking her lips a little from the mac and cheese, she give him a vigorous nod as her mouth was full. She was glad to see the man who had helped her the night before. While she did not know any of them very well, it seemed that there were a few of them who were indeed trustworthy.

As Ivan questioned her a little, Milly’s expression changed and looked at her bowl with a slight sigh. She was unsure as to what she could answer him. After a few moments, she sighed lightly.

“Um… No. I’m not. And I lived in the suburbs. Small white cottage.” she explained, not wanting to go further. She did not want to think about home. After being told by everyone that she could not go home, she knew that she would probably start crying if she said more.
--

‘This girl? All by herself?’

Ivan thought to himself as he looked over at her. He immediately wiped that thought from his mind as he took in a deep breath and gave a short wave to Marcus. He’d seen him carrying a hungover Colt on his shoulder earlier, which amused him a bit, but that was all he’d seen of him since the night before. When his attention was drawn back to Milly, he faced a difficult decision. Would he question further and risk making the girl uncomfortable, or just deal with the information he had now. He decided against questioning further, as it was obvious she hadn’t been alone and likely lost whoever she was with. He leaned his head forwards a bit before his smile overtook his face again.

“If there’s anything I can do to make you more comfortable, just let me know. And once I’m mobile again maybe I’ll be able to bring you stuff from town.”

He said, taking another quiet bite of his mac and cheese as he looked around the room, which began to slowly fill with people. He’d eventually lose his mind in here, so his leg needed to hurry the hell up and heal.

--

Milly had seen how Marcus had carried the soldier woman into the kitchen. Frankly it made her anxious. What was going on? She glanced at Ivan as he said something about getting some of her things from town. She looked at him with a look of confusion.

“You would?” she asked, worried that this could be some kind of joke.
--

“Of course! I’m sure none of the people here would want you going out all by yourself, plus I’m super sneaky. Did you have anything in mind?”

Ivan said with a smile, leaning in to whisper the last part quietly. He’d never been around kids much before, so he hoped he wasn’t massively screwing it up.

“You just let me know, and I’ll head out to grab it for you.”

He said with a smile before taking another cheerful bite of his mac n cheese. At the start of his conversation with the girl, he questioned why he was acting so over the top about everything,and then he realised he was subconsciously trying to protect her. No doubt she’d already seen what the world around them had come to, but she definitely needed something else to think about.

“Until then, if you need anything around the house you can let me know, since I’m not allowed to leave.”

Ivan said with a short chuckle as he set his bowl down on the stand next to the couch.

--
Milly was not sure what to say to his proposition. She blinked a few times as she tried to think of an answer. She wanted to tell him she would go too. But, the other adults had told her she couldn't go. Why? As far as she knew, it was safe. It had always been safe. But she had to do what they all said.

“Um, I don't know. I-I really want my blanket.” she finally answered, “I-it’s blue and fluffy. And it’s heavy.” she added. She was not sure how else she could describe it. She glanced into the kitchen, looking at Marcus and the soldier again.

“Is she okay?”
--

“Oh her? She’ll be fine, she’s just… Tired!”

Ivan said scratching the back of his head and chuckling.

“She’s probably done some of the most out of the people here. A real trooper.”

He said as he looked at Colt and Marcus together. Jealousy crawled up him and made him tense up before he shook it from his mind and smiled again. Whether it was a genuine smile or not he wasn’t sure. But he wouldn’t be showing any weakness to these people. And he certainly wouldn’t get in their way if they were happy together. As he finished his bowl, he cleared his throat and stood slowly.

“Would you like some more?”

He said, offering his hand to take her bowl.

--
“Tired?” she looked at the woman again. Well, she did look tired. She looked back to Ivan as he offered her more mac and cheese. She wanted to say yes but she had seen Shiona come down-stairs. And the woman probably needed it more than her.

“Um, think Shiona might want some.” she said softly, looking at Ivan, wondering if he would agree. Part of her was worried that he’d disagree and she still wanted to do as little as possible to offend anyone. She did not want to be thrown out of here on her own.
--

Ivan turned to see the pregnant teenager that Milly called Shiona. It was a very unique name in his opinion, and he turned back to the girl and smiled.

“Well aren’t you generous. I see your parents taught you good manners, hm?”

He said still smiling before he realized what he said. He tensed up a bit as he was partially waiting for her to look sad or something negative in response to his statement. He wasn’t the smartest man alive, but it was relatively easy for him to piece together that the girls parents likely weren’t alive anymore. Either that or they were running the streets looking for their daughter.

--
Milly’s gentle smile faded a little as he mentioned the word ‘parents’. She looked at the ground with a deep sigh, holding onto her bear tightly. After a few moments, she released a shaky sigh.

“I miss my mum.” she said quietly. She could not help it. Everyone she had talked to here so far seemed so nice, and were trying to help her. But nothing could come close to having her own mother with her, something Milly was desperately craving. She sighed again before looking at Ivan once again, trying to hold back her sadness from him,

“Might ask if she wants some.”

---

Ivan tensed up more as she said that she missed her mom. He let out a short sigh before turning back from the pregnant woman and sitting down next to Milly. He knew how she felt pretty well. He simply gave her a pat on the back, deciding not to allow her to believe her parents were dead already. He didn’t want to smother the girl with physical contact, cause that’s be creepy.

“Don’t worry Milly, maybe once I can leave the house we can go look for her. I’ll even let you tag along since I don’t know what she looks like.”

He said, trying to bring the subject off of her mother. If she were alive, he’d certainly scold her for leaving her child alone at all.

--

Milly looked up as he offered to take her looking for her mother. But just as she started to become excited, it was soon deflated. She glanced away from him, rubbing her arm in shame.

“Um… I’m scared,” she said quietly, “Of-of going outside…” she said with a sad sigh. She held onto her bear tightly, desperate to comfort herself.

--

“Of course you are. Who wouldn’t be?”

Ivan said, laying on a hard truth instead of the soft ones he’d been leaving beforehand. He leaned back on the couch and sighed before looking away towards the kitchen and running a hand through his hair.

“The people who aren’t afraid of those things should be feared more than the things themselves.”

Ivan said with a serious underlying tone as he leaned forwards, staring off into nothing as he began to really understand the situation he and all of these people were in. He quickly recovered from the spell of damnation and cleared his throat.

“But you don’t have to be. As long as I’m alive, I’m going to protect you, all of the people here too.”

After saying that, he stood quietly and gave Milly another quick smile and walked towards the pregnant teenager. He’d sobered up a bit, and the full force of his hangover finally hit him. He pressed his palm against his temple and groaned quietly before clearing his throat quietly.

“Hello, I made some mac and cheese if you’d like some.” He said with a smile as he looked at the girl, fighting every urge in his mind to look at her stomach.

FireMaiden FireMaiden BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

Doctor Ralph Fisher and Jenna: The Lodge
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg

Fisher didn't sleep well. The night before he'd collapsed from exhaustion, but this time around he had spent a good chunk of the night lying awake and staring at the ceiling. So much ran through the doctor's head until the early hours of the morning like his brain was a supercomputer calculating complex mathematics at a mile a minute.
The parasite. Where had it come from? Given the nature of the hazmat troopers, it could have been created in some kind of lab. He'd tried to get them to own up back at the police station but they weren't talking.
Was Aurora a testing ground or was it accidental, with the hazmat troops being laundrymen for some kind of bioweapons division hidden away from the eyes of the CDC.
His title, his department carried absolutely no weight with the troopers so they had to be well above the CDC or their department had little oversight and they shot government agents left and right if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There was no doubt in his mind that the death of his team was intentional. Even if the hazmats wanted the CDC out of the way, there were other ways of doing it. Perhaps allowing the hosts to kill them was easier but why would the CDC be contacted about a possible outbreak? It could have been a mistake, an oversight as not everyone would be informed about the culling of an entire town, let alone a large one like Aurora.

Eventually, Ralph gave up on the idea of a sleep and started to take down notes. He fell asleep with his notepad on his lap and his pen in his hand. He woke up to the sounds of others moving about in the lodge. Entering the kitchen he saw somebody he hadn't noticed the night before. By the looks of him, he was probably ex-military.

He was talking about mac and cheese. In a normal situation Ralph would have wondered why anyone would be making mac and cheese at around seven in the morning.
But this was not a normal situation.

"You must be Ivan. I don't believe we've been properly introduced.
He offered him a handshake. "Fisher. Doctor Ralph Fisher."

Ivan was their leader by the sounds of things, and so a man Ralph had to stay on the good side of.

EA-007-800x800.jpg

She was a woman of her word. When she entered the house last night she spend a good half hour with a pillow over her face, shouting into it. Of course, she'd found a quiet spot and where better than a bathroom.
She fell asleep in the tub, with her head on the pillow and her throat sore from the muffled shouting she'd managed to keep to herself.
Getting a glass of water from the sink, she sat on the toilet and gathered her thoughts.

Someone was moving about downstairs.
Rubbing her eyes and splashing water on her face, Jenna took a long look at herself in the mirror. Clearing her throat and tilting her head, she rested a hand on her throat.
"Ragnarok. Richards. Darkseid. Dog. Devil. Darlings."

She breathed a deep sigh, clutching the sides of the sink.
"Sewer plan, then. Let's do this."

Aside from her mascara, her makeup held together so she applied some touches to fix it. The world might have been coming to an end, but that was no reason for Jenna to look like crap. Smiling at her reflection she turned away, threw her rucksack over one shoulder and headed downstairs.

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal Liezarria Liezarria Rumble Fish Rumble Fish BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco TheTreForce TheTreForce FireMaiden FireMaiden King Vioogra King Vioogra

Last edited:
Interaction: King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan) Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Milly) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa) Brax Brax (Luca)

Mentioned/In The Area:

She was checking the first set of pancakes when she heard someone else enter the kitchen. Looking over her shoulder, she smiled at the sight of the little girl she still didn't know the name of. "Good morning. I'm making pancakes," she said, turning back as she lowered the griddle lid. The trick was to watch for it to stop steaming, or at least, for the steaming to slow down a good bit. Anyway, she was focusing on her waffles, and the journal, making a few adjustments to subtract what she used to treat Ivan, and of course, the start of their food list. She'd wait a little while before actually getting to work, but the few things she remembered seeing whole getting the things for the batter, ignoring the rambling of Ivan and whatever he and the girl were doing as she went and got a plate. Shinoa entered as she was doing so. "Oh, uh...I have the waffles handled, if you want to make some eggs and bacon to go with them go ahead," She said, not wanting to go and outright decline Shinoa's offer. Setting the plate down, she played the first waffles and put more batter in the griddle. "Oh, actully, would mind watching these? I need to talk to Luca. The one who insists on brooding outside on the porch. It'll only take a few minutes," She said, turning and walking out of the kitchen without really waiting for a response because wether she did it or not, the waffles would be fine for a few minutes.

Leliana walked outside, closing the door behind her, glancing to Luca. He looked a bit silly in the puffy jacket, but that wasn't the point, she had a few concerns and he was the one acting as their leader, or at least, the one everyone was listening to so he was the one to talk to yeah? "Good morning Luca," She said, walking a little closer to him, but she didn't get to close cause he obviously didn't like company. "So, despite what happened yesterday with the supply group, I think we may need to send another one out sooner than we're prepared for," Leliana said, glancing over at her sweater that was still hanging from the railing. She forgot to bring that inside, so minus one top for her. Anyway, she looked back to Luca, "We need more sleeping bags, stuff for Shinoa like late term prenatal vitamins, and stuff for after she gives birth. Which is, well, anyway I guess. Which is why I'm suggesting this now. I don't think Ivan or Colt should be allowed to leave for a while, especially Ivan, we need to find him a pair of crutches. He dislocated his knee." All things Luca probably already knew, but saying them outloud helped with Leliana's thought process. "If you think it's a good idea, deciding who should go would be easy, there's a man with assassin creed wrist blades things. Marcus should still be fine still if he's willing, and...hm." She paused briefly, "There's also the fact Andy is going to want to look for Owen, since he's not back yet." She allowed her words the hang in the air for a moment, shifting her weight back and forth on her feet as she swayed slightly, "Oh, and breakfast is gonna be done soon," Leliana turned away, and headed back to the door, "Anyway, just something to think about." With that, she headed back inside and went back in the kitchen.

coollogo_com-224054.png
afe9b4d123258672b37de4d797cbfe96--drawings-of-girls-people-drawings.jpgThe heat of the shower was like being reborn. The smell of her shampoo wafted through the entirety of the foggy bathroom, lavender and vanilla. Under normal circumstances the smell would be comforting but the strong scent threatened to turn her already churning stomach. It served her right, she knew better than to drink that much on an empty stomach. The only thing she had eaten all day yesterday was a waffle and some coffee. She needed food and water and probably a few aspirin to boot.

Everyone she had ever lived with complained about the temperature of her bath water. Any boy who had been able to stick around long enough to shower with her, any body who had ever had to walk into the bathroom after she was done showering. Andy liked her water as hot as she could stand it, if it wasn’t so hot that her skin didn’t look bright pink when she was done, then it wasn’t hot enough. When she exited the shower, the heat had caused a steam cloud in the bathroom so thick you could cut through it with a knife. The heat made her head spin a little, a mix of the lack of food and the residual effects of the alcohol.

Her original plan was to put her pajamas back on, but the shirt was still covered in some gore from their run in with the zombies from yesterday and she wasn’t planning on staying in the house long. She opened the door to the bathroom carefully, poking her head out to assure that her roommate had vacated. Seeing that Luca had woken and left the room left it clear for her to trudge out to her dresser in the nude, nothing but a towel wrapped around her damp hair.

The girl fumbled through the drawer before landing on a pair of skinny jeans. Andy pulled the stretchy denim up her hips and buttoned them, they landed snuggling around her curves, snug and comfortable. There was a chance that she would be venturing out to find Owen today, and if that was the case she knew that she needed to be able to move. Her main asset out there wasn’t her bow, it was her ability to run. Andy had been doing different activities within track and field since she was in middle school, just because archery had been her favorite, did not mean she didn’t have to run laps with the others every day.

Next she found a green bra and slipped it on, hooking it on backwards before sliding it around the middle and putting her arms through the straps. Her fingers grabbed a t-shirt from the drawer, upon looking at it a sad smile crept across her lips. It had been a gift from Owen. He was always oddly great at getting gifts, it wasn’t a shirt she wore often because of the profanity on it. But who cared now? Andy certainly didn’t, if the word ‘Fuck’ bothered anyone sleeping in her house they could get the ‘fuck’ out.

She slipped it on, it was form fitting, a soft black cotton thing. Andy looked at herself in the mirror and smirked, the V shaped neckline plunged a little lower than she would have liked but it was a perfect fit. The white words were printed across her chest: “Caffeinated as Fuck.” It had a little picture of a coffee mug with a middle finger on it. It would make him smile to see her in it when she found him. And she planned on finding him, alive and well and smack him for making her worry so much.

Andy sat on the edge of the bed to put on her socks and shoes. If she hadn’t been so dizzy when she woke up she might have noticed that the pain in her ankle had subsided. It wasn’t swollen anymore either. She examined it, running her painted fingers along the tendons and muscles looking for any twinge of pain. It didn’t seem to be any trouble to her now. She had done nothing but twist it a little, and her long nights sleep had done wonders about healing it up.

To be safe the girl put on her tall riding boots. They were a nice stiff black leather to help support her ankle. They were tall, coming up just under her knee, lacing up over the dark blue jeans. She stood and tested them out, they were perfect. They were comfortable and easy to move in but they added plenty of support. Happy with her decision, Andy bent at the waist, flipping her head upside down. Her hands grabbed the towel and unwrapped it, rubbing it on her head to soak up the rest of the moisture. She threw her damp hair up into a ponytail before reaching for the black leather jacket draped over her arm chair and exiting the room.

The lodge smelled of food and coffee, two things that she desperately needed. From the smell of the coffee alone, she could tell whoever made the pot had learned from Luca’s mistake and had used the good shit this time. As she poured the steaming beverage into her cup she noticed it was made dark and strong, just how she liked it. At the first sip she could feel her body relax. Coffee was like a hug, but better because it didn’t require physical contact with another person.

As she looked at the food options that were being made for breakfast she scrunched up her nose. Who in the hell made mac and cheese for breakfast? Someone had been thoughtful enough to make pancakes, but the richness of the sweet cakes and syrup made her stomach turn as well. Instead Andy opted for something a little lighter on her stomach.

It took only a few moments to grab some bread from the cabinet and throw a few slices in the toaster. When the bread popped up a beautiful golden brown color, the girl slabbed on a little bit of butter. She braced herself up against the counter with a mouth full of the crunchy bread. There were few new faces around the kitchen, she hadn’t take the time to get to know any of them before because she had been too pissy at everyone for being so casual about Owen. She did her best to give a small smile to the room.

“Uh. Sup?”

Interactions: Anyone in the kitchen
Mentions: Brax Brax

193599_deltafinish.jpg

coollogo_com-14614608.png
As Colt got to the door, she felt herself suddenly being dragged back and picked up. If she had been in a fit state she would have fought back against whoever lifted her up but at this point, all she could do was let out a surprised and annoyed grunt as Marcus took her into the kitchen. What was even going on? He scolded her for trying to leave, something Colt was rather confused by. What was he on about?

I’m no’-” she tried to say before he butted in again, telling her to eat and drink water. The scent of cooked food (and mac and cheese) was like a punch in the face. What was supposed to be pleasant made Colt retch slightly. The thought of eating made her feel as though she was about to vomit and she did NOT want to do that all over the table in front of everyone. At least before the world went to shit, when she was extremely hungover she would just spend the day in her flat sleeping on the sofa or in bed. But now?

She really did not want to eat, she just knew it was going to come back up. But she did take a glass of water, sipping it. Her head was still throbbing but the hydration helped a little with her nausea. As she sat in the chair, she still swayed a little, struggling to keep her balance while she sat upright. Every sound was slightly muffled and she could hardly understand where everyone was or what they were doing. And why could she smell mac and cheese?!

The veteran looked to Marcus again. Now she remembered, he had said before that he wanted to help her. With a sigh, she ran a hand down her clammy and pale face and looked at the man. She gave him a slightly thankful look. It was genuine. But she was also confused. She had not encountered anybody who seemed interested in her other than her father who was still far away in West Virginia. Then again, she didn’t have what she would call a problem but still, it was nice to have some concern.

Marcus,” she let out a deep sigh in an attempt to stop herself from slurring and feeling sick, “I’m mighty grateful but-” she stopped as she heard another voice, Andy, greeting everyone. Colt froze at the sight and sound of the younger woman. The veteran’s bloodshot eyes darted a little. After finishing her water, she struggled to her feet, using the table for support. Her foot still felt shaky and as if it was about to give.

C’mon, we gotta go.” She put a hand on Marcus’ shoulder. Colt could not help but feel incredibly uncomfortable being surrounded by practical strangers and she hoped that going out with just Marcus in tow would help her. If he wanted to come with her so much, she’d allow it. If anything, she was rather relieved. As she began to slowly piece together everything that had happened yesterday, he had been a valuable part of the team. And he had helped her the night before, the little she remembered. Being a stoic individual, she was a little surprised at how she even had that much trust in him. But, well, if it weren’t for him knowing his father’s shop, none of them would have come back. She could do with someone like him with her, “I don’ want Andy worried.” She added before talking a couple of shaky steps towards the kitchen door, turning to look at Marcus, to see if he would come.
Maj Maj Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

51095808_2076553459090370_1015556733809983488_n.jpg
cooltext311138355072126-png.542790

When Colt had made her way through the walkway, Luca had been lighting his cigarette. He turned his head toward toward the sound of the door opening. At first he was rather impressed! She was quite the drinker and yet still managed to get up at a reasonable time. Then he became rather irritable once she fell backwards onto her ass. Almost immediately afterwards Marcus had stepped outside and swooped her up. Back into the lodge they went. Conversation dodged, altercation avoided, headache was persistent. Luca told her yesterday that there was no way she was doing anything other than resting. Marcus being around to babysit would prove to be rather valuable.

Shortly after, Leliana came outside with the intention of talking to him. As she said good morning, he turned his head in her direction. He nodded his chin upward. There was a reason she had stepped outside. Luca was just waiting for her to continue. When she mentioned that it was necessary to go out once more, he raised an eyebrow at the girl. She mentioned a bunch of various items that the group needed. Upon hearing this, the man turned to face Leliana. He carefully studied her body language as she spoke. For some reason, she was able to hold his attention. Maybe it was the gentle way about her, or perhaps it was the indistinguishable amount of thought she put into the needs of the strangers around her.

She walked back inside, leaving the Italian without the ability to respond. It was seemingly effective. The more Luca stood outside, the more he realized that she was right. He finished smoking his cigarette and angrily stomped it out onto the floor of the deck. There was a lot of shit that Luca was forced to eat over the last twenty-four hours but when someone who was a decade younger than him had to tell him what his next best move was, especially given his prior experience, then shit was really going down the drain fast. He walked to the front door. Digits grasped the handle before he flung it open and stepped inside. Then he disappeared into the depths of the master bedroom, slamming the door shut.

He rummaged through every nook and cranny in the room he could. First, the man came across a large duffle bag. Luca began loading it up with small things he needed to bring with him that were necessary; there was no need to bog himself down with anything too extra. When he zipped it up, the contents of the bag mostly consisted of extra space. A pack of cigarettes, one lighter, a bottle of alcohol, the few extra rounds for his XCR. That rifle was going to end up being a life-saver on this trip. So long as Luca didn’t treat it like a blunt weapon like he did his other one.

Luca got properly dressed by first removing his jacket. After finishing up, his hands grasped the strap of the duffle bag and fastened it around his chest. It sat at his left side. Then he grabbed the strap of his rifle and tossed it over his torso as well, so that it rested along the middle of his back. Once Luca walked outside he did so with conviction. All together, he was in and out of his room in less than two minutes. He had done little to bend this group into shape but time was not on anyone’s side. Now that Luca had to make an extra trip the lodge was going to find itself with little means of defense and he knew it.

The Italian stomped toward the kitchen and noticed Colt was leaning against the door frame. His hand immediately grasped the fabric of the girl’s shirt; between her neck and her shoulder. He then physically pulled the woman toward the kitchen table, pulled out a chair and sat her ass back down. After a quick scan of the kitchen and still hovering over Colt’s chair, the man’s brows furrowed. Then he yelled loud enough for everyone in the lodge to hear him.

“If you’re not in the kitchen, get here now!”

A full minute passed as Luca sat in silence, waiting for people to arrive. If they didn’t know by now, there would surely be hell to pay if his orders weren’t obeyed. He once again had to make it inherently clear that it was him who was calling the shots. There had been a lot of new people around who did not know who he was at all. They also needed to understand that there was a certain way that people had to go about doing things. He did not want their freedom of choice, but the obedience that loyalty was made of when it came time to survive in life and death situations.

“We need supplies. There is someone who needs pre and post pregnancy care items. This asshole…” He pointed toward Ivan briefly. “Dislocated his knee. I’m not promising crutches, i’ll do the best I can. I’m going to grab sleeping bags and some more shit we can use. Owen is still missing and finding him is currently my first priority. If you need anything I haven’t listed, write it down. I would ask some of you to come, but most of you just got here after running out there. So i’m not going to ask you to come today.” He paused, before looking over at Andy.

“Grab your bow and whatever you need. We’re leaving soon.” With this said, he redirected his attention down to Colt.

“You pathetic swine.” Luca gritted his teeth in anger.

49432648_2115156138794849_5786327580672000000_n.jpg

“I gave you clear orders. If I die, you are supposed to be the person who is able to stand up and take my place. There are DOUBLE the amount of people here than there was two days ago because YOU brought them back. Tell me, Colt, how on God’s good green fuckin’ Earth are you going to take care of them when you need the frame of a door to keep yourself from falling over? Can you shoot a gun when you can’t even stand? Did you expect me to double MY load and take care of them while you’re wallowing in your pathetic fucking situation? Or did you fucking forget we’re all in it as well?” His hand was gripping the frame of Colt’s chair, his knuckles white with rage.

“I’ll tell you what. I don’t give a fuck if you’re drunk right now and you ‘forget’. If I come home and I hear you’ve been getting drunk...” The italian cooed before surveying the room. Once those light hues fell upon Marcus, he lifted a hand to point at the man. Then he looked back down at Colt.

“You will not be paying the price. He will be. I’m going to break his fucking legs. Do you understand me? Let’s see how much you TRULY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE, COLT.”

Standing back up straight and letting go of the chair, Luca looked over to Brian. The agent who had assisted him in dragging the bodies to the homemade funeral pyre in the backyard. Leliana had made it clear that this man was no joke. That mattered very little to a man that didn’t fear death. He took a moment to clear his throat before taking a few steps over to the man. Luca kept a few feet of distance between them.

“If she can’t meet my standards, you will need to make sure this lodge stays intact.” Luca’s eyes narrowed slightly as he took a deep breath. “Brian, if I come back to an overrun lodge and your body isn’t among the rest?” The man smiled.

523132.jpg

“I’ll hunt you down to the end of the fucking Earth, slit your throat and leave your corpse for the wolves.” Luca took a moment to stare into the man’s eyes before walking toward the kitchen door.

"Until she fucks up, Colt is in charge. Be back in a few days." With his peace being said, the man exited as quickly as he had arrived.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal FireMaiden FireMaiden King Vioogra King Vioogra Maj Maj BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Liezarria Liezarria TheTreForce TheTreForce Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco Oslonaut Oslonaut

S A R A H

Freeman Medical Center

Early Thursday morning, October 18th, 2018

In the brain and not the chest. Head shots are the very best.
Fido

OfOp6Li.png

Good sleep was a myth to Sarah. At least, it certainly felt that way. She hadn't remembered dreaming a single dream since middle school. And, now that she was hallucinating shit and living in what was essentially a nightmare world, her insomnia was lousier than it had ever been. After several failed attempts at trying to get some shut-eye that lasted longer than thirty minutes, the young woman woke up her cousin at the crack of dawn and insisted that they head over to the hospital immediately. Sleeping pills had now been added to her little mental grocery list. Now that the sun was peeking out from the horizon, it was the perfect time to sneak in and still operate under a minimal amount of light. Now she didn't have to worry about tripping over things.

Leading the way, Sarah had ensured Owen that she knew a safe and secret way in. After maneuvering past several snappers dispersed across each block en route, she would guide her cousin to the hidden staircase behind the bush and along the side of the hospital. It lead downward into the hospital chapel. Lo and behold, the top half of the very first snapper Sarah had encountered with Patrick was still there. It felt like a thousand years ago, now that she thought about it. The door was still safely sealed with the pew they had pushed against it. The snapper, however, had since dragged itself and its exposed entrails towards the center of the room. It growled and looked pitifully up at the pair... before Sarah stomped repeatedly on its cranium with the sole of her boot. The awful cracks and snaps that resounded within the chapel seemed to attract a few growls from the hallway on the other side of the barricaded door. But they eventually waned. Catching her breath, the young woman drew out her knife and gestured for Owen to follow her as if nothing had happened. "C'mon. I saw a hallway on the way out before. It might lead us to the stairs."

Leaving the barricaded chapel doors and the graphic pile of brain matter and skull behind, Sarah guided Owen through a backdoor at the corner of the chapel that lead down a narrow corridor. Tubing framed the side of the wall as they advanced, until Sarah came to a stop at a set of double-doors and rose her hand to bid her cousin to pause and be quiet. From the square-shaped window on one of the doors, the young lass could see that there were at least five snappers between them and the emergency staircase. The elevators looked out of order. Not only were the elevator doors open, leading to nothing but a seemingly endless abyss, but the power for the mechanism seemed to be out. At the very least, however, the plaque beside the elevator's button told her exactly where she needed to go: third floor, on-site hospital pharmacy and the NICU (neurological intensive care unit).

Backing away from the door, she gave Owen a chance to peek through the window himself before whispering a possible plan of action. "Safer if we draw them in here, yeah? One by one? I think the hallway's narrow enough for it..." She added, looking around and spreading her arms sideways to show that she could barely spread them apart fully. She winced when the pain in her injured arm flared, cursing under her breath as she tried to mask the hurt with a less than subtle stretch. "I... I can take lead... unless you want to." She added, passing the knife she held to the hand that wasn't attached to a faulty arm. "Just make sure to go for the head, okay? Don't hesitate." Steadying her breathing, she waited for Owen to make a move or say anything.

Interaction: Maj Maj

coollogo_com-3379440.png

1f0bf0b0fa96191dc3e776998398ee1a.jpgThey had rose with the sun, creaking and cracking their way to some sort of waking stance. He was getting too old to be sleeping on the floor. Even Sarah seemed to be a little more sore this morning, but he had noticed her favoring that arm last night too. Owen didn’t blame his cousin for wanting to get moving as quickly as possible, he too wanted to get this over with. He had already been gone longer than he had promised Colt he would be. In fact, he was a little shocked the soldier wasn’t breaking down the door to give him a lashing to. She would come looking for him though, that much he was certain of. Without cellphones there wasn’t an easy way to tell her that he was going to be a little longer than he had hoped. Before leaving, he left a note on his quilt on receipt paper, written in lipstick.

“Safe. Extra pit stop for what you asked me for. Didn’t go far.”

He left it vague in case someone who wanted to hurt them found the note. No one but Colt would know that she had asked him for pain medication. The hospital was literally visible on the horizon, even in her drunken haze she would be able to connect the dots. Owen hoped the note wouldn’t be necessary, but he liked to cover his ass.

It wasn’t like him to let someone else lead him into danger. In his experience, he was the one who was guilty of doing the leading. However, it looked like Sarah knew what she was doing, she had assured him she knew a way to get in quietly and sure enough, the staircase she led him to had an entrance to the hospital.

The crowd that was here the last time he had visited was long gone. A few tents littered the parking lot, their white tarps flittering uselessly in the wind. “Quarantine” they read in red letters across the front. He knew what that meant now. In Aurora ‘quarantine’ was synonymous with ‘slaughter.’ The survivors from the horrors his sister had witnessed had been disposed of here. If she and Luca hadn’t snuck out an entrance they hadn’t been guarding, her body would be laying in the floor of one of the tents too.

Sarah had always been tough, she was more like him than his sister. As Andy pulled away from him over the years, the two of them had gotten close. It appeared that the boy was lost without someone to mother hen. Even so, he was shocked to see how calmly she dispelled the crawling gore fest in the chapel. The girl barely flinched as she stomped the thing into the ground, he tried not to look at it. The hues of pinks and burgundy across the floor made his stomach somersault.

Wordlessly he trailed behind the girl until they reached her destination. Owen took her lead, gazing through the window silently. She was in the right to keep her voice low as the spoke. On the other side of that door was at least five of the monsters. He was grateful they hadn’t ran into more of them before now. Andy said the place was overrun, but Sarah seemed to know where she was going.

“Yeah,” Owen agreed with his cousin. “They will be easier to take on one at a time.” his voice was barely audible, more a breath than a whisper, but he was sure she could hear him in their close quarters.

“I’ll lead, you and your bum arm can get behind me.” He raised an eyebrow at her as if to say, ‘Yeah, I know you are injured you can quit downplaying it.’ Owen had been respecting her pride by not bringing it up earlier, but the last thing he needed was for her to get hurt because of it. Plus, if he was in front he would have more room to swing his bat. Her knife could easily be used over his shoulder.

“Just don’t stab me if you can help it, okay?” the redhead joked. Humor was a deflection, a defense mechanism as old as time. It was a distraction from the pounding in his chest and the rapid breathing in his ribs. No sane man would take on five corpses intentionally, but Sarah said it was important. He trusted her not to risk both of their lives if it wasn't. He nodded to her as a signal to be ready before slipping in front of her.

Owen dragged the metal of his bat against the rough painted brick of the walls. It wasn’t an overly loud sound. The last thing he wanted was to draw unwanted attention to them. These five were enough, thank you very much. It rang through the air in a low sort of echo. He could hear the bodies on the other side of the doors stirring. Like a perfect gentleman, Owen opened the door for them. The first came stumbling in, and Owen backed up to give himself some room. Checking behind him to assure his back-swing wasn’t going to hit poor Sarah in the face, the redhead pulled his bat back, readying to strike. He could hear the squeak of his hand tightening around the leather grip, the way the slick fabric felt against his calloused fingers. His breathing slowed as he waited for the be perfect moment to strike.

When he was sure he wouldn’t miss, he let the muscles in his arms take over. It was like breathing, his body knew what to do. Owen had practiced his swing so many times that it took zero thought. When the ring of the bat against the side of the monster’s skull sounded, he wasn’t surprised. Blood splattered his already dirty face. He was starting to see the appeal of guns, at least when you killed someone you weren’t three feet away from them. The next two stumbled in behind the first, one tripping on the slumped body of its companion.

Interaction: Oslonaut Oslonaut
Mentions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt) Brax Brax (Luca)

Last edited:
Agent Brian Rousseau
Interactions: Luca Brax Brax , Lelianna FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mentioned: Michael Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco , Andy Maj Maj , Shinoa
billy russo.png
New Day, Bad StartAfter spending a restless, near-sleepless night, Brian woke up feeling rather sore. Probably from all the running and heavy lifting he had to do the previous night. How long would they be holding out at this lodge until they got ready to escape Aurora? Brian didn't expect it to be long until the city was firebombed by the Military or something. No doubt the US Government will attempt to cover up the truth of the Zombie Outbreak. With their only liaison going missing if not already presumed dead, they were going to take drastic measures to cover it all up no doubt. Brian didn't want to let that happen. Everyone's story here will be told...one way...or another. As he continued to dwell on such thoughts, he finally got out of bed and get ready for the day. As he put his jacket on, Brian exited the camper and went back into the lodge. Just as he entered, he was greeted by Luca's yelling. Who the fuck put this bastard in charge? As he entered the kitchen, Brian only folded his arms, but was mindful to ensure that his Wrist Blade didn't slip. From Brian's perspective, Luca was just going on an angry tirade and just sounded like a raving madman. If anything, Brian assumed that Andy, the woman with the bow, was the one in charge. Clearly he was wrong and full of shit to assume that. Granted he would trust Lady Robin Hood over him. The way he went at Colt, just didn't sit right with him. Sure, the lady was drunk and hung over...definitely couldn't hold her liquor... but the guy seriously had aggression issues. Not that Brian was going to say that out loud...

The Agent's demeanor took a different turn as Luca looked at him. At this point, Brian didn't really care what the reason was. This guy was just asking for trouble now. What a fucking hot-head too. Hell, this guy was worse then his superiors back at the Pentagon! Maybe what he did for a living wasn't so bad after all. When he was directly threatened, Brian didn't even shutter, or say a single word and only looked Luca in the eye before the man walked off.

'Wow...what a shitbag...' Brian thought. At least he was going to be gone for a couple of days. Good riddance. Maybe if the group is lucky, the zombies or the hazmats will get to him. One thing was for sure though, Brian wasn't going to be shedding any tears if anything happened to Luca. After straightening out his tie, he looked around at the rest of the people in the room. There were a lot of people here, no doubt. Getting everyone out alive was going to be something. Maybe he could write a book on it all if they all get out alive. Looking back towards the kitchen, he saw that the pregnant girl, Shinoa, and the med school student, Lelianna, cooking. Quietly, Brian joined his fellow survivors for breakfast. From what he saw, the pregnant girl seemed uncomfortable and scared, especially after Luca's yelling. Brushing these thoughts away, he just quietly started eating his breakfast. "Thanks for breakfast." He said before taking the plate over to the sink after wiping his mouth, rinsing it out.

Afterwards, he approached Lelianna. "Hey, when you got a minute...can I talk to you privately, one on one?" He asked.

Interaction: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt) Brax Brax (Luca) Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal (Marcus) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa/Brian)

Mentioned/In The Area: King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan) Maj Maj (Andy) Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Milly) @/Anyone else in the kitchen who has showed up by now

Back in the kitchen, Leliana had already begun work on a list of what they needed, despite the fact she was unsure on if Luca was actually going to listen to her or not. If nobody went put today, that was fine, she didn't expect it actually, they should plan their supply runs. It would hopefully help them avoid, or at least, be better prepared for situations similar to what happened yesterday. For example, she's not sure exactly, but something happened with Colt that left her a little more unstable than normal, so she definitely should.nor be leaving. Even if she was mentally sound, Leliana can take a single glance over to the woman leaning on the door frame, and tell she wasn't feeling well. Hungover, and Colt probably hasn't eaten anything lately...that was a bomb waiting for something to set it off. Anyway, she focused back on her list, the stuff to focus on up at the top. Post preganacy baby care was more important that prenatal supplements at the moment simply based on how far along Shinoa was. Diapers, formula, clothing, bottles, etc. Under that, walkie walkies, long range so if another Owen situation happened and so Supply groups can contact the lodge when they needed. The police station might have them, or if they got lucky, they could find some abandoned patrol cars. Anyway, further down the list would be the sleeping bags, and then a personal request of a new shirt or two if they could find them, mediums to replace the only other shirt she brought.

As she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings, she jumped when not obly thr front door slammed shut, but rhe master bedroom door slammed shut. That would be Luca, since Andy was still there in the kitchen. He was angry, she could tell just by the way he had slammed the doors, and since Leliana had been the only one to have spoken with him this morning, at least that's what she believed, there came that little gnawing voice at the back on her mind that it was her that pissed him off. It didn't make since, it was just a suggestion, that's what Leliana told herself as she quickly put the last of the batter into the waffle griddle, placing the bowl in the sink as she heard Luca stomping out of the master bedroom and right towards the kitchen. That little voice was suddenly yelling at her, and then was suddenly sickened as she watched Luca man handle Colt and plant her ads in a chair. He was loud, yelling for everyone not already in the kitchen to get down there. The volume of his voice made her reach for Shinoa's hand, as pregnant ladies tended to be emotional wrecks thanks to hormonal imbalances, and hopefully a little bit of comfort will help. Ivan could maybe help with the young girl.

Luca was angry, but not with that she had suggested, no, he had actually listened to her. Nobody listened to, not even when they were injured and really should listen to her! It's a simple request, it litteraly takes zero dollars and little bit of self control. Anyway, while yelling, threatening to break people's legs and hunt them down wasn't maybe the best way to gain people's trust, it was a sure fire way to show them who was in charge. She had to admit however, it was also borderline terrifying. Personally, she didn't feel like he was threat to any of them, well, at least to the people who didn't cause him problems. And she didn't feel in danger around him like maybe some other people did, or now would. And then, like the hurricaine he was presenting himself as, Luca left and Leliana let go of Shinoa's hand.

"He's right you know," She told Colt, putting a pack of saltine crackers she grabbed from the cabinet on the table next to the vet. "You were a solider right? Soldiers protect people, but you can't do that when your falling down drunk and starving yourself. And your starving yourself because you're constantly hungover and feel like shit, and so you don't eat, which doesn't help. We're worried about you," She said, moving the pack of crackers closer to the older woman, "You need to eat, you need to stay here, and I'm saying this as a concerned citizen, and a nurse. You need to cut down on the booze." Her tone of voice was one a few up mother might use, the type you only hear with a misbehaving toddler or maybe a five year old fighting with their sibling. "Now eat. Or I'll force it down your throat." With that, she turned with a small smile, to Marcus. "I wouldn't worry to much, he probably won't actually break your legs...maybe." He's totally gonna break Marcus's legs, Leliana saw him kill a man the say they met for an accident. Luca didn't have a thing for restraint.

Leliana stepped past Marcus, seeing that Brian had sat down for breakfast, she grabbed the list she had prepared, and made her way into the living room. The duffle bag with medical supplies inside was still sitting where she had left it, and inside was the the first aid kit from her car. It only took her a few moments to pack it, giving Luca and Andy medical necessities for small injuries and emergencies, but no life and death situations. Once it was packed, she headed out side after Luca. Once she found him, she gave him a slight smile, giving him the list and first aid kit. "You obviously know what we need, but I figured a list would do some good anyway," she said softly. "There's stuff in there for wounds you and Andy should be able to figure out how to patch up, but you need to be careful. Don't do anything crazy to open your stiches and don't try an get stabbed again, alright? You don't need to be a double patient," She chuckled, taking a slight step back. "Same warning goes for Andy, don't let her do anything to crazy, and try not to get stabbed, tell her I said that when she gets out here." With that, she would once again leave Luca outside by himself before he could reply, and head back in to go get food. But, someone stopped her. The man she saw cleaning the wrist blades, and the backed up leader Luca appointed. "Uh...sure. I guess. Lead the way?"

Milly had not expected anybody to start shouting. But the Italian man, who she had not properly met yet and he was rather scary with his tattoos and his unfriendly aura as he shouted at Colt. The volume and intensity of which he spoke hurt her ears. Milly squeaked and covered her ears, dropping her bear as a result. Everything was so loud, but she did not have her ear plugs. They were in her room and typically she would always have them with her. She did not even know what was being shouted, but it frightened her. Not knowing what to do, she swiftly took her leave and went into the living room, leaving her bear in the kitchen.

Sitting on the sofa, Milly pulled her knees up as she covered her ears, desperate to block out the shouting and the slamming of doors. Nothing made sense anymore and now with all the shouting, she began to panic. What kind of house was this? What kind of people were they? Were they going to start killing each other? Were they going to kill her? Everything started to shut down as all Milly could do was rock back and forth with her ears covered, too afraid and frustrated to seek anyone out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back