• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pathway (A Dark Fantasy Narrative RPG.) [Not Accepting]

Euclid Leaf

Metamorphasis, Genesis, Metastasis
Supporter
httered fates cover copy.png
Art Credit: Myself.

PathwayA Dark Fantasy Narrative RPG​
Introduction;

'You there. Yes. You.
Can you understand me...? Oh? You can…!

Splendid. Well, then. May I ask you something?
Not that you have much choice… all things considered.

Hear now. Is there anything more liberating than nothingness?

Nothing to fear.
Nothing to regret.
Nothing to lose.'

Hmm. No? You don't think so?
There is something you want...?

What exactly do you mean? Please, tell me…

You are not quite sure… but you can feel something… missing.
Is that so? You see glimpses of things…?
Shreds of little bits here and there...

Hm. Perhaps… Are these memories?

…!

Ah! That struck a chord.

Something is coming back, you say… A sensation that you know you once possessed? The absence of nothing? A something.

Sounds to me like… Touch.

…!

There it is! That glimmer of recognition.

…!

You want to touch and feel again, is that it? You want to remember more of these… precious things you have lost. I see. You wish to be whole. To be alive.
Well, if that's the case… I can grant you such a wish. Though, I don't do favors out of kindness. Nothing is for free.
You will have to do something for me, in return.

You will take my deal? Fabulous.
Now, say it. I need to hear it clearly.

Ah…

The veil of darkness lifts suddenly, abruptly. You are overwhelmed, dazed by shimmers that pour down from the sky like scorching bright blades. The unbearable haze blossoms in your eyes until you can take no more. You force them shut, returning back to the comfort of darkness once more.

It takes a moment for you to gather your courage to dare peek again.
Slowly, you find it, and peer out.

The shimmering pillars that blinded you were not more than mere slivers, hair strands of pale light. These whiskers pierce through the broken canopy of the small dusty room you are in, illuminating the darkness just enough so that you know you are not in that nothingness you had once been in. You look up at the source of the light to discover…

Strange. Something tells you the moon was not always shattered like that.

You begin to rise up from the naked coffin.

Then, something else catches your eyes.
A frail shadow stands below you. Barely a trail of smoke, hardly even a shape.
Within, a pair of twinkling eyes stare up. Akin to faded stars.

The same voice speaks again, the soft whisper that now blows in your ears.

'How is it, in there? Is it as you remembered? It must be nice to move once more, isn’t it? You are welcome to thank— '

'Something feels wrong? It feels sluggish and vile? My word! That is my body, I'll have you know…'

As the shadow announces this, you look down in denial. What was this? This blotted, wrinkled ashe-set skin suit barely clung to the skeletal frame. By all means, it was no worse for wear than a corpse. Surely, this cannot be your body. It isn’t until the emaciated, poor excuse for a hand moved by your command, that the fact sank in.

…!

'What? Of course this isn’t your original form.
Do you even remember what that was? No. Then how am I supposed to know? '

…!

'Ungrateful, now, are we?

I lent it to you, and I can just as easily take it away. You can go back to floating aimlessly around in the fabric of oblivion as soul stew again, if you'd like.

Hmph. That's what I thought. '

'I know… this is not the whole of what I promised. I am not what I once was. I can only do so much. Granting passage into my body was the only option. '

'Why all this? Because I need you.
And you need me.

I am alive. You were not. You are free. I am not.

You want the rest of it back, yes? These prized memories of yours. Your original body.
… Your old ‘self’?

You were desperate enough to strike a deal with a random voice in your head, after all.
And it worked, did it not? You are closer now than you ever were before. You won’t give it all up now, will you? '

'Hehe, Good! Now listen closely.
For you to get the whole of your wish, you have to fulfill my side of the bargain first. So just live with the discomfort, for now. Will you?

…My body may not be what it used to be, clearly. But at least you can now move. Feel and touch, even. As unsatisfying as it all may be. For us both.

Think of this as merely… a temporary accommodation.
Until we both get what we want. '

'Finally… An understanding.

I know… Of someone who can help me grant your wish. We need to reach them.
Who, you ask? An old friend. Someone who has suffered for a long time now. I do not wish for them to suffer any longer. '

'They will help me grant you a new body. One you can shape into the vision of your old self… or perhaps a new identity entirely. It is up to you. How does that sound? Or would you rather stay in that worn-out, damaged shell?

Didn’t think so. '

'Fabulous!
Now, look yonder. There lay our exit. '

The figure then points a shadowy arm to a point beyond the cracked walls of the crumbling atrium. Out in what appeared to be an overgrown, wilted courtyard lay a distant sunken structure. From the particular shine in the moonlight, it appeared to be a gate. However, the landmark was not alone. Within the courtyard was another remarkable thing.

At the center of the winding uprooted pathways that segmented the overgrowth, lay curled a looming gigantic form. A shuddering can be felt in the ground. Like a heartbeat.

…?!

'You didn't think any of this was going to be easy, did you? '

The shadow then climbs on your shoulder, snickering and swinging its legs like a child being carried by a parent.

'Hehe! It’s been so long since I had company. Since we will be together for some time. My name is Ciele. I will be your guide here… Listen to me well, and we might just come out together in one piece.

Well, let's begin! Oh. And don't forget your manners.'

As you stand there, other similar forms rise from the crumbling coffins scattered about in the shadows. What was once a room of just a single was now a small gathering of… you? They were every bit as sickly and featurelessly humanoid like you. Except did you also have one of those glowing vibrant fireballs as a head too?

'Yes. You do. It's where your soul is gathered.

What? I can read your thoughts, didn't we already establish this? '

…!

'Hey, at least you have one. I don't have a head. Got chopped off, hehe... '

...?

'Oh… you mean, Those? They are me, just like you. No, not you-you. Me-you. Others, like you inside of me..
What? You didn’t think I was going to throw all my eggs in one bird basket, did you? Oh. Well, of course I have multiple bodies to spare.

I am a god, after all. '
Afterword;
Hi! My name is Shura. Or Yuon. I hope you enjoyed the sample of what to expect out of this rp.
Some of you may know me, some may not. Either way, I am happy to present with you another one of my wacky ideas!

"Only in action, do we shape what and who we are."

Think of your strongest memories. Your fondest experiences. Your deepest regrets. They are things we chose to do. Or perhaps, didn't do. But not all of them were a result of your actions alone, I am assuming. Because there are things we cannot control. We are affected by the actions of those around us. For better, or for worse.

This push for control over the uncontrollable. This is a human element I want to explore.

In that aim, I have decided to do an experimental non-traditional rp format.

The goal in this roleplay is to focus on character growth with fun interactions, all while exploring an unfamiliar world as a group. I want a sense of wonderment, being thrust into a mysterious gloomy land, with even gloomier characters. And to achieve a sense of attachment, a sense of personal progression. There will not be the traditional pre-generated characters. Instead, you will have to build the character by their actions in the RP itself. One that will change and morph based on your decisions and interactions with the world. Over time, your empty sheet will grow, as you gain a name, unique skills, various traits, and items. But ultimately, none of that will trounce learning to work together.

If it helps, think of this sort of like a narrative-based text RPG

By cutting out the initial character creation process, once we gather enough members, we can begin straight away.

Posting structure will revolve around actions framed in a narrative flow that will stem from feedback drawn from the nature of your interactions. I tried to represent these pauses by the ellipses in the intro sample. For another example, say, in your post you declare that your character will be moving to inspect something in the next room. This will be their action for the round. I will provide you with a description and you can decide what to do in the next round of actions. Until it is revealed or discovered by others, only you will know this information. Of course, there will be exceptions to the rule. The point is, each character will not know everything at once right away. By focusing on the actions, with environmental description being more optional, the goal is to keep a natural pace to dialogue and interactions. While the danger of the unknown will encourage teamwork. Hopefully.

In order to help expedite this process we will probably employ the use of a discord, where questions and private channels can be used.
Ideally, I am looking for a small to medium sized group, that way everyone is familiar and can get to know each other. A small group will also better allow for characters to get their moments to really shine.

The main portion of the rp will be hosted here on the site, so don't worry.
We will be updating an initially blank 'Lore' page as we discover and build out the world, as a collective.

Thank you. I hope you the best of luck, whether you decide to join or not.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your kind words. I only hope I can deliver something remarkable.

I am currently working out some details and setting up some things. But I will create a discord server by the end of the today (at the latest).

At that point, we can begin.

LET ME IN I LOVE YOU SHURAAAA
Eric Andre GIF

We just started, hehe... Normally, this shouldn't be an issue, but I think we are quite full at the moment. Sorry for the confusion!

I will update the title of this thread. If another spot opens up, I will send a message to notify you. In case you might still be interested.

This plot looks phenomenal as always my friend! Good to see that creative mind of yours is still churning out beautiful content! I’m sad I’m a little late to the party but it’s good to see some friendly faces joining your campaign!

This plot looks phenomenal as always my friend! Good to see that creative mind of yours is still churning out beautiful content! I’m sad I’m a little late to the party but it’s good to see some friendly faces joining your campaign!
Thank you for the kind words! It is always nice to see a familiar face.

I really wish I could make room for more, but as you can see from my last reply.. As it stands currently, I unfortunately have to turn people away.

If there is room in the future, I will surely let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back