• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder Group - Interest Check (FULL)

Wonderblue

The Only Ocassionally Reliable RP Partner
Hello. I'm Wonderblue, and I've been doing Pathfinder/D&D 3.5e for a few years. My latest group is sort of on hiatus since we all have our own drama, but I would like to continue playing Pathfinder. So I'm stumbling in here.

I do own a campain (it's very noob friendly), and I can DM (ish), but I'd prefer to do some actual playing...since I've DM'd for my friends the last several campaigns.

I can create my own character, and I've been dubbed the 'teacher' in helping noobs to the game create characters. So I'm pretty happy to help anyone dipping their toes in the incredibly nerdy world of Tabletop games.

Consider me interested. I love Pathfinder, but I don't know the system well enough to run it myself.

I've played a few Pathfinder campaigns before (though it's been a while, as lately I've been doing Thirteenth Age and Savage Worlds). I've never DMed, but I'd gladly participate.

The campaign I have is Rise of the Runelords, and it can be sort of found on a PDF if someone searches enough online.

Should take us to twenty, and it's got quite a good story to it.

The campaign I have is Rise of the Runelords, and it can be sort of found on a PDF if someone searches enough online.

Should take us to twenty, and it's got quite a good story to it.
Oh nice; I've heard good things about Rise of the Runelords.

I don't have the books, but I'll play if that's not an issue.

Honestly, owning hard copies is rarely needed. You can look up just about anything online. Campaigns are the only difficult part.

That, and me managing character sheets. But that'll be something else.

I agree with you mostly, but I have found that a book rarely ever experiences problems with crashing.

Let us begin the fun part of discussing what classes/races we want to play. Wonderblue Wonderblue , are there any that are off limits here? And what alignments are we talking about? I don't want to pull in a paladin if the party is leaning towards evil.

EDIT How are we doing attributes? Is it point buy, or do we roll here?

Let us begin the fun part of discussing what classes/races we want to play.
I generally prefer support classes like bards and clerics. In terms of race, I try and avoid the ones that don't pair well with my chosen class.

Edit: Although, the thought of the party all being the same race from the same region would be interesting imo... I would be up for that. :coolshades:

Last edited:
I agree with you mostly, but I have found that a book rarely ever experiences problems with crashing.

Let us begin the fun part of discussing what classes/races we want to play. Wonderblue Wonderblue , are there any that are off limits here? And what alignments are we talking about? I don't want to pull in a paladin if the party is leaning towards evil.

EDIT How are we doing attributes? Is it point buy, or do we roll here?

I'm fairly lax when it comes to 3rd party classes or races. If you have one you'd like to play, I'll look into it. Chances are, it'll be fine.

So the Runelords Campaign so far doesn't seem to require any alignment demands. I haven't finished reading it yet, so it's a shaky "no preference".

If you want to roll, great.
If you like the points system, great.
I'd say the total bonus should be a max of seven since our party is on the smaller side- and Runelords is not mean in the beginning.

Would a non-standard race be allowed? Of my ideas that are crossing my mind, one is a Aasimar paladin, and the second is a Minotaur. If the horn-head is too much, I understand. I just want to do something a bit different.

If you have the book Savage Species, on pg 29 I believe, is the progression chart of the Minotaur up through level 8, where they can then take on a standard player class. The big downside to them is the -4 to the Int, keeping them from being the towering intellect of the party, but they make up for it with some awesome Str and Con bonuses as they level up.

I have always wanted to play a Summoner, but that is basically a pair of characters that I have to keep track of, and in the Play by Post environment, that might not be too easy paperwork wise.

How about a Sorcerer?

Would a non-standard race be allowed? Of my ideas that are crossing my mind, one is a Aasimar paladin, and the second is a Minotaur. If the horn-head is too much, I understand. I just want to do something a bit different.

If you have the book Savage Species, on pg 29 I believe, is the progression chart of the Minotaur up through level 8, where they can then take on a standard player class. The big downside to them is the -4 to the Int, keeping them from being the towering intellect of the party, but they make up for it with some awesome Str and Con bonuses as they level up.

I know Aasimar fairly well, and I'd be happy to let one appear.

I'll have to look into a Minotaur, since I haven't encountered any as a race yet. I shall get back to you on that one.

If you want, I can copy/paste over the Minotaur stats for you to look at real quick, either here or in a PM.

I have always wanted to play a Summoner, but that is basically a pair of characters that I have to keep track of, and in the Play by Post environment, that might not be too easy paperwork wise.

How about a Sorcerer?
Actually, a Summoner might be easier to handle with the slower posting rate of the PbP system. Just a thought for you!

I'd be happy to join.

i see we have an Aasimar Paladin, a Summoner/sorcerer, and a bard/cleric. Am considering playing a Druid, or a Cavalier

For some reason, it has not given me any notifications. I am sorry for for the delay.

With everyone who's commented, I'd say we have a full party.

Sherwood Sherwood
This would be great, please Pm me them.

Psychie Psychie
Summoners are very fun once you get in the rhythm of one. The Eidolon can definitely take up some paper if you are generous in using Transmogrify. Though if you keep it constant, it's just like having a familiar and usually has it's own page.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
I haven't encountered too many Cavaliers before, so I'd need to do some research for it.
Aasimars are very, very fun. Definitely don't mind an Aasimar.

Ronan Ronan
No objections here.

Probably George Probably George
Note to self: Brush up on psionics.
They should be fine in Runelords, but I'll keep reading.

I'd say we have a good start to the group.
Keep in mind the basic Four.
Healer that saves your rear from death.
Tank or DPS that kills that thing that nearly killed you.
Sneak that saves you From being broke and death traps.
and the person who apologizes for everything their friends did.

I'd wait to see what others wanna play, so if there is a missing part, i'll cover it. i can play any class really. And if we have a Ranger and a Paladin, a Cavalier isn't a high priority.

Ok, I have the details on the Minotaur sent, so if that is approved, I'll take the role of the Tank, and eventually go with Barbarian for the Rage, or Fighter for the extra Feats. If our illustrious Storyteller doesn't like it, I'll go with the Paladin. Either way, I can lead the charge into battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back