• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder/D20 + Historical Fiction set between 1560-1700

SassMaster

So I have been messing around with the idea of running a Pathfinder game that is set in the Caribbean during the Age of Sail. The themes would be cooperation and overcoming adversity, economic systems in the smaller and greater context of the Caribbean in the Age of Sail, the problems associated with the Ocean crossing between Europe and the New World, as well as the political impacts of great distance that cannot be truly affected by the lack of high speed communications.

Generally this would mean that it is a low or no magic setting, leaning more on the Historical Fiction aspect of things more than the high fantasy. Things are more integrated than standard pathfinder too, as the races that are traditionally considered monstrous have found ways to fit into a modernizing world. That means the playable races have been expanded to include things such as Goblins, Hobgoblins, the Merfolk, and the like. Please, feel free to ask me any questions about the actual setup if you happen to be interested in a period piece game like this. I will likely accept between 4-6 people in it, and I will likely integrate character backgrounds and stories into the world as well to create an immersive experience to the best of my abilities.

Interested- would a Vetala-born Dhampir...uuum... lemme get back to you with the class...

But, yeah, really, I'm interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back