• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder: Battle for Kazragun

Silanon

Four Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there,

after taking a longer break from RPN, I'm planning to reboot a Pathfinder game of mine: Battle for Kazragun. Fortunately, all previous participants were available to continue the journey once more, but there is still enough room for one or two more players.

Plot in short: After several years of war, human forces as well as mercenary allies finally managed to drive back the orc invaders to their last remaining stronghold, Kazragun. However, as the battle unfolds, other forces begin to interfere... the group of PCs is about to travel through an ancient portal to influence the battle in favor of the allied forces, not knowing what awaits them on the other side. For a better idea, feel free to check out the Hosted Project itself in the Dice category.

Please note that this is Play by post. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

Coyote Hart Coyote Hart You asked a while back if joining the game was possible - thought I'd tag you in case you are still interested.

Also, the only part of the forum visible to non-members seems to be the characters.

From my own experience, both DnD and Pathfinder are similar enough to jump from one to the other - that said, I haven't played too much DnD myself, so it might just be that I haven't seen the crucial differences.

Also, I just tried to change the settings so that you can have a better look - hope it worked, let me know if not.

At the moment, we've got a sorcerer, a rogue, a lizard berserker and a paladin - so most of the angles are somewhat covered. Think Psychie wouldn't mind if someone would take a more supportive role, though.

Yeah, that was my impression too. Gonna look in the direction of a cleric-y thing (probably not going to depart too far from the DnD core of Pathfinder). Healing in combat is still relevant, yes?

In Pathfinder, I generally prefer characters that can also heal and aid the group in other ways as well; I feel it's generally more effective if you have some way to prevent the damage in the first place, be it by tanking (we had a war priest in the beginning who did quite a good job at that) or by buffing up the other team members to protect them. Most healer classes come with that option, though.

I'm totally game for PF, damn well near encyclopedic with my knowledge on it nowadays...

Whats the types of characters we got going right now?

Rogue, berserker, pally and sorcerer; perhaps some sort of supporting character if Esbilon Esbilon feels like joining in as well.

What type of sorcerer? Blasty or utility? Might go wizard depending, a sorcerer and a wizard in a team, depending on build and such, can complement rather well.

Cleric is also possible, god knows it isn't just a heal bot, despite it's ability to be one.

Alchemist also is very wide range in ability.

Depending on lvl and what the barb and pally do generallyin a fight I can bring out a archer and provide some serious pain from afar. Lots of numbers, less fun i'd say.

The sorcerer is likely to go for more blasty things, at least that's my intuition; the barbarian is mostly tanking damage, and the pally is on the close-combat plan as well. I'd go for fun over numbers if I were you, should work out fine anyway.

I've been thinking about it, and I don't think I have time for a game where I also have to learn the rules first. Sorry.

Right, whats the character creation rules here?

lvl, gold, race restrictions, feat restrictions etc.

Esbilon Esbilon No problem - maybe some other time. Thanks for considering to join, though!

Orikanyo Orikanyo At the moment, we're at level 4, medium exp track - so that'd be where you'd start. Standard gold total for that, all core races- and classes are definitely allowed, other options are fine as long as you don't go too far (especially looking at some of the more absurd races and stuff), just let me know what you have in mind beforehand. 20pt - attribut buy, one trait or two plus drawback. No general restrictions in regards to feats for now; since the list of them is bloody damn long, there might be some in there that I'd ask you to avoid when they show up. Think that should cover the basics - let me know if you need anything else. Nothing home-brewed or 3rd-party content.

We'd definitely have room for at least one more, so if anyone else is interested, let me know!

Esbilon Esbilon No problem - maybe some other time. Thanks for considering to join, though!

Orikanyo Orikanyo At the moment, we're at level 4, medium exp track - so that'd be where you'd start. Standard gold total for that, all core races- and classes are definitely allowed, other options are fine as long as you don't go too far (especially looking at some of the more absurd races and stuff), just let me know what you have in mind beforehand. 20pt - attribut buy, one trait or two plus drawback. No general restrictions in regards to feats for now; since the list of them is bloody damn long, there might be some in there that I'd ask you to avoid when they show up. Think that should cover the basics - let me know if you need anything else. Nothing home-brewed or 3rd-party content.

We'd definitely have room for at least one more, so if anyone else is interested, let me know!
gottchyea, I'll have a sheet up soon and pmed to yea. I typically use the site mythweavers for my sheets, easy enough to sue and share.

I'd like to see a character sheet of some sort to see what exactly you're up to before approving anything, but it sounds like something that'd be interesting to have in the group.

Lol, kinda figured that was going to be the case. Might take me a min since the Kineticists are complicated as hell.

Also are you doing max health or health rolls? And decided on not full elf, forgot they have a -2 to con, which isn't good for a Kineticist.

max health on 1st level, rolls or average on 2nd to 4th - your choice.

Sorry for the late response - somehow managed to miss the notification until now. At the moment, I wouldn't be comfortable with another one joining the pack - think it'd get a bit too crowded for my taste. Sorry! If that happens to change in the near future, I'll ask you first, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back