• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Path of the Damned

Blue Aisle

Phantom #11
Planets_Earth_Hands_455831_1920x1200.jpg

Do you believe in the pure of heart? In the inherent goodness of man? In the all-seeing power of God?

Your answer to at least one of these questions was no.

You denied your maker, even in your last breath. Throughout your life, you disowned him and you looked down on others who depended on him. To you, God is but a delusion for the feeble minded. They pray to him because they are weak and desperate. You were strong, you didn't need such a fantasy.

There are many people who don't believe. And perhaps it was a stroke of bad-luck, or the Lord Almighty was simply in a horrid mood... because out of all those people, you were at the heel of his wrath.

When you died, you expected to simply cease existence, but he would not let you have it so easily.

When you next awoke, you were in another life, in this other world. You hold up your arm to see it bruised and scarred, skinny and small, the arm of a child. When you look into the water you see a helpless serf, enslaved by the cruel Magwina, a Drowvian trafficker from the underdark. And yet, you retain all your memories. You remember your past life, your accomplishments, your insolence towards your maker, and your denial of him in your final moments. They hover about you like a long dream.

AKA: God is determined to destroy your life. This is an idea I've had for while, but found it difficult to put into words. The world isn't very detailed, I'm looking to flesh it out as we go along. I'd like to see how many of you would be interested in this. This is a high fantasy rp. I plan to do this with a GM style play, aka I don't have a character and will instead play appropriate NPC's to move the plot forward. Your characters will start off as children (time skip later so we can play with adult characters, because children are lame) that remember their past lives in the modern world, so the world of boring human civilization as we know it. Also, magic exists in this world, each character can have 1 ability. Abilities in this realm are activated by saying a line of prayer. Yes, this is God's way of messing with you.

IC thread

Last edited:
That's great to hear. For this one I'm thinking 3 players, because I'm fairly new to GMing, want to start small.

So as far as races go, will we be playing as humans in a high fantasy setting? or are there other races that will be available to play as?

So as far as races go, will we be playing as humans in a high fantasy setting? or are there other races that will be available to play as?

I was going to include more basic info on the IC thread, but I think it's good for me to add a little snippet here.

Arora, the new world, is occupied with war between the underdark (underground), the surface, and the skies. There are therefore 3 predominant races.

Drow (dark elf, long life, night-vision)
Human
Celestial (similar to human but with wings, but physically weak with lesser life spans)

The underdark and the skies are ruled by a monarchy. The surface is split into many factions and frequently have their own conflicts of power. I'll get working on the IC so you guys have more info.

I am in, however I do have to go to sleep here in my part of the world so I'll look at it in detail tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back