• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Path of Kings

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
Path of Kings
The king is dead.

After a long illness, his Grace, the King Charles the Renewer passed away, leaving the throne to his oldest child. The transition and crowning of a new king is a period of danger, as the new monarch must assert his rule over the Kingdom of Auretis swiftly. The king-to-be must look to her, or his father's closest advisors for help. For evil never sleeps, and as the people of the capital are in grief because of the loss of their old monarch, yet celebrant of the crowning of the new one, they forget that the forces of darkness are an ever-present threat and are watching, preparing to strike at the most vulnerable time...

Text_divider_from_the_publication_%C3%9Avaha_posl._P._Wurma_o_narovn%C3%A1n%C3%AD_s_Uhry.jpg

The Kingdom of Auretis would be similar to an average-sized medieval feudal kingdom but with more fantasy elements. It is of large size, spanning across numerous mountains, forests, and it even has a few deserts to the south and a few snowy tundras to the north. As for races, there'd be the standard fantasy ones, but I will also let players make their own.

Although the players will be allowed to play whoever they wish, here are some roles that will be required for the RP to start.

Please, note that I am more than willing to hear out your suggestions to the roles below and let you alter them slightly, but I do not wish to deviate too much from the sheet below. What I'm saying is: Be creative.

The King: The Kingdom does not frown upon women. Despite the "King" being a title usually associated with men, the King may as well be a woman depending on the player. The King can range anywhere from a spoiled aristocrat, to a noble warrior, to a saintly and confused boy/girl that cares about the people. This role will obviously play a huge part of the roleplay. (Taken by Captain Spooks Captain Spooks )​
Other Titles: Your Highness, Her/His Grace, My Liege, My Lord/Lady, Sire, Heir to the Sunlight Throne, Son/Daughter of Heaven, Once and Future King.

Guard Captain: The Guard Captain is the leader of the Silver Knights, a force in the army that answers directly to the King and acts as his personal elite; as bodyguards, troops, and a force to be reckoned with. Although small in numbers, made up of roughly one-hundred soldiers, each one with a squire of his own, they are the most loyal to the throne and with advanced training and equipment they can be fearsome on the battlefield. The Guard Captain himself acts as a close attendant and bodyguard of the King, always seen at his side, prepared for any eventuality unless sent away by the King's own wish. (Taken by Field Marshall Field Marshall )​
Other Titles: Best of Ten Thousand, The Shield before the Throne, The Sentinel, The Steel beneath Silk.

The Lord/Lady-Commander: The Kingdom's main military leader, who stands atop the army save for the King's own personal guard. The Lord-Commander is a hero and warrior, but above all, a charismatic leader that motivates formations of soldiers into rushing straight into enemy territory for their country. The Lord-Commander is a good friend of the Guard Captain, as their positions require symbiosis to work. (Taken by Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel )​
Other Titles: First of Ten Thousand, Lord/Lady Militant, Lord/Lady-Commander Militant, Tip of His/Her Spear, First Knight, Knight-Commander, Edge of the Blade, Royal Strategos.

Court Magus: The main advisor on magical matters, the Court Magus is a magical prodigy, master of several fields of magic and proficient in many others. Besides performing her own research, the wizard also tries to divine the future and use his precognitions to steer the kingdom in the direction of prosperity through the King's approval. The Court Magus also leads a small circle of her own acolytes. (Taken by Rin Nyx Rin Nyx )​
Other Titles: First Enchanter, Archmage, Archwizard/ess, Archsorcerer/ess, The Circle's Voice, Shepard of the Winds, Farseer, Watcher in the Tower.

The Spymaster: A valuable asset to the Kingdom, the Spymaster is an information gatherer, with his own web of agents and diplomats across numerous nations of the continent. The web of intrigue spreading far and wide, the Spymaster has access to secrets that many others would prefer to keep concealed and is considered not just a tool, but a weapon of her own. The Spymaster is also a master of torture, capable of getting information out of the most seasoned enemy veterans. He's the commander of his own order of assassins and spies of unknown numbers. (Taken by Kylesar1 Kylesar1 )​
Other Titles: The Silent Watcher, The Blade of Words, Hand of the Throne, Wrath of the King, The Inquisitor, The Royal Spymaster, Arrowhead of the Throne.
Text_divider_from_the_publication_%C3%9Avaha_posl._P._Wurma_o_narovn%C3%A1n%C3%AD_s_Uhry.jpg

Rules
  1. I am always right.
  2. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. Be creative. By all means, we are writers. If you think your character is an interesting idea - go ahead and make them. Players in the RP will have absolute creative freedom. You can make anything from a dragon to a heroic demigod, to a demonic trickster that tries to deceive people into selling their souls.

Regardless, players are discouraged from making overpowered characters unless it serves the story somehow. A villain should be stronger than the heroes so that he is taken as a real threat. Don't be afraid to be strong. Don't be afraid to be weak, because...
  4. Characters are likely to grow in power as the story goes on. The Lord-Commander will learn the secret sword techniques from the Shadow Order, the Spymaster will find herself a ghost familiar that can shoot ectoplasm, the King will take the sword out from the stone and call it Excalibur. When a character learns a new skill or obtains a new item, I expect it to be written in the post like this:

"New Item: (Item Name): (Description)"
    "New Skill: (Skill Name): (Description)"
    "New Spell: (Spell Name): (Description)"

And so on. Afterward, you are to add this new item to your character sheet.
  5. Never, ever, take things personally. Your characters are just that: characters. They are meant to be a driving force behind the story. Collaborate with other players and create an interesting one. Communication is key. Settle disputes in OOC without irritating each other. It's still okay to ship them, though.
  6. Be prepared, because the character sheet I use for my roleplays is large and makes you think.
  7. Write at least a small paragraph per post.
  8. I insist on using non-realistic appearances (eg: anime, cartoony, drawn, and so on,) but I won't force you into doing so if it ruins what you have imagined for your character.
  9. Be nice.
  10. Write with somewhat proper grammar, please.
  11. Have fun!

Now to invite my homies and waifus.

Any of y'all up for this? This one's different from the Guild of Heroes and Adventures of Prospero because this one has an actual plot behind it, neatly woven by me. Also, I noticed the nasty habit I have of putting "of" in the middle of any fantasy story name. Need to work on that.
Alteras Alteras Swire Swire Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny
(Not sure if you're interested in this one too)

Last edited:
If you can reserve, put me down for Spymaster

Stealth and Intelligence characters are my forte

This looks interesting
If you can reserve, put me down for Spymaster

Stealth and Intelligence characters are my forte
I, Cato Sicarius, am most pleased to know that two have taken interest in this magnificent undertaking, which is obviously very great, as it was written by I, Cato Sicarius, because I, Cato Sicarius, am without a doubt, the greatest writer in human history, the likes of which will never be matched by anyone, because I, Cato Sicarius, am simply a magnificent bastard. Either way, I, Cato Sicarius, am the greatest Cato Sicarius, because I, Cato Sicarius, will now take a rope to hang myself.

Goodo!
Spymaster's yours. How about you, Garuda? Any role in particular you want, or do you have other ideas?

This sounds fun! Now, do I want to be a "good" character or a villain, hmm...
I've already got a Big Bad and his pet Black Knight planned out. If you want, you can be their friend, or hired help. Or whatever else suits your fancy.

I've already got a Big Bad and his pet Black Knight planned out. If you want, you can be their friend, or hired help. Or whatever else suits your fancy.
Ehh, I think I'll go with good character this time. I'm thinking the Court Magus

Interested but I have question. So are we allowed to create roles that aren't part of the list? You said those roles are needed to actually start the rp so I was wondering if that meant you don't have to be one of those characters.
Birdsie Birdsie

Interested but I have question. So are we allowed to create roles that aren't part of the list? You said those roles are needed to actually start the rp so I was wondering if that meant you don't have to be one of those characters.
Birdsie Birdsie
Correct.
We need these roles in order to begin, but you can play whoever you want.
I am interested.
Great.
This sounds really interesting. If no one has taken it, could I possibly reserve the king?
Birdsie Birdsie
It's yours, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back