• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Path of Kings - OOC

Alright snuck my post in, not the best post but its something. Wanted to close out a lil about the previous day and then start up some stuff about the current day. :P

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Oh, I figure as well that Kimiko probably discussed a bit with Eli about how they would set up the trap and give him room to suggest and plan so I leave it up to you. Mostly all she would ask was for it to keep any intruder trapped inside with no way to easily escape at bare minimum. ^^

View attachment 330785

The Previous Day...

The Guard Captain turned her head to the King watching the look upon his face. She could see the horror, the unease that filled him. Her eyes kept fixated at him, remaining alert knowing how vulnerable he was in his current position. The now King had been uneasy before, this new situation had only put that much more fuel on the fire. It was a perfect storm of chaos that she could never imagine would happen on such an important day. That was one she saw him approach, walking to her side before apologizing without even looking at her before walking out the door.

She turned her head looking towards Highwind as he returned, looking upon the man. She bowed her head lightly in respect as he gave his report. It wasn't hard to tell Kimiko wasn't too happy with the news. She didn't hold any ill-will towards her men as much as she was disappointed they weren't able to capture the perpetrator. She walked up to the Dragoon, placing a hand upon his shoulder. "Fret not, I am certain you did your best to try and apprehend the culprit. Tell the other men we shall meet at the hall, I would very much like to meet up with the men to discuss more about today's events. If you may excuse me, I must watch over the King." She spoke bowing her head once more in response before walking off to follow the newly crowned King, knowing how upset he must be.

@Garuda

A new Day, a new chance...

Kimiko quietly walked down the halls heading towards the Kings room. With the incident with the tomb in mind she had stationed a few Silver Knights to Guard it should their attacker return. With Eli Vol Glynmaer's magic in place, hopefully her plan to lure the attacker back and trap them would be successful. If they could make the attacker complacent and enclose him in to have no escape it was likely they would be able to put him down, no matter what fearsome methods of attack it might possess. She would make sure she was able to directly address the creature if she could.

The Guard Captain stood before the King's Quarters. She knocked on the door, being quite firm in her gesture. She had attempted to be very gentle with him, but after the events of the previous day it became that much more apparent she had to take things more serious. She couldn't allow him to cower away and hide away from his responsibilities. She was more then devoted to try to get the new King to stand on his own two feet. As much as she didn't like to try and force him, he had a responsibility as the leader of the nation to act his part. Few people truly understood what type of work was involved in leading a nation.

"Your highness, it is time to head out. I am sure the men would be inspired to see your presence at the tournament today as an honored guest." She spoke quite direct. She figured the tournament would be a good place to witness combat first hand in a less hostile fashion. It might not be part of her job to train the King but she was convinced it was something she would have to do. He had to learn to fight... to protect himself from danger. It would hopefully help to build up a sense of confidence in himself. He might not know it but Kimiko was more then certain couragous side to the king was in there... it just needed to be coaxed out.

@Captain Spooks Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Birdsie Birdsie
The whole point of sending only one guard is because there was only one man who stood against the Black Knight, but okay, fuck tradition, I guess. We need to catch the evil thing. Screw a one-thousand year old custom, right?

Good job, Hanarei-chan...

The whole point of sending only one guard is because there was only one man who stood against the Black Knight, but okay, fuck tradition, I guess. We need to catch the evil thing. Screw a one-thousand year old custom, right?

Good job, Hanarei-chan...
Also, I want to send Krozius there just to prove how wrong that statement is:
they could make the attacker complacent and enclose him in to have no escape it was likely they would be able to put him down, no matter what fearsome methods of attack it might possess.

Birdsie Birdsie Kimiko ain't no native of the Kingdom. She is just there to do her job. Screw yo traditions, its a trap after all. If it makes you feel better Kimiko will 1v1 him when he gets caught. :P

Birdsie Birdsie Kimiko ain't no native of the Kingdom. She is just there to do her job. Screw yo traditions, its a trap after all. If it makes you feel better Kimiko will 1v1 him when he gets caught. :P
Remember that one time that Krozius killed Ashlynn by flicking his wrist at her?... from several meters away?

Remember that one time that Krozius killed Ashlyn by flicking his wrist at her?... from several meters away?
Can't flick your wrist if its sliced off before you can do it. XD

Recursive_shades.gif

Time to roll myself cause I its new and I saw it mentioned so I figured why not do it.... roll a d20 see if i hit!

Can't slice it off if you don't get near enough to do it. XD
Can't keep distance if you aren't allowed to create it!

Yes, on a weight check.

You've gotten too fat, pfft!
Did I just tell a woman she's fat to save my skin?

*You feel like complete scum.
*-1 Charisma penalty. Permanent.
*-1 Willpower penalty. Permanent.
*-1 Humanity penalty. Permanent.
*-2 Sanity penalty. Lasts one scene.

Just waiting for Arkus or Kimiko or Q to walk into the magic circle trap without realizing it and Eli having to scramble to try to release the spell...
Experimental magic, yo

Birdsie Birdsie for whether or not Krozius is affected by the magic, since it's still experimental magic, I was thinking you could roll dice maybe?

Proposed scenarios, feel free to come up with your own or reject these:
Roll a d6.
  1. Krozius is unaffected by the circle.
  2. The circle works and both Krozius and Thomas are trapped inside, but only because Krozius's protective barriers are down.
  3. The circle works and both Krozius and Thomas are trapped inside, and Krozius is trapped even with his protective barriers.
  4. The circle reacts to Krozius and explodes, causing no damage but covering the entire area in soot.
  5. The circle reacts to Krozius and explodes, causing fire damage to all in the area who cannot protect against it.
  6. Something about having Krozius step into the circle makes the circle change targets, freeing Thomas but trapping Krozius (roll a 2 sided die to see if the circle traps him with his protective barriers up (1) or only because they are down (2))

Birdsie Birdsie for whether or not Krozius is affected by the magic, since it's still experimental magic, I was thinking you could roll dice maybe?

Proposed scenarios, feel free to come up with your own or reject these:
Roll a d6.
  1. Krozius is unaffected by the circle.
  2. The circle works and both Krozius and Thomas are trapped inside, but only because Krozius's protective barriers are down.
  3. The circle works and both Krozius and Thomas are trapped inside, and Krozius is trapped even with his protective barriers.
  4. The circle reacts to Krozius and explodes, causing no damage but covering the entire area in soot.
  5. The circle reacts to Krozius and explodes, causing fire damage to all in the area who cannot protect against it.
  6. Something about having Krozius step into the circle makes the circle change targets, freeing Thomas but trapping Krozius (roll a 2 sided die to see if the circle traps him with his protective barriers up (1) or only because they are down (2))
Aww, but I was hoping to do a:

"Oh, no, you've captured me."
*Gets what he wants*
*Breaks trap easily and walks away*

Fine.

Aww, but I was hoping to do a:

"Oh, no, you've captured me."
*Gets what he wants*
*Breaks trap easily and walks away*

Fine.
Well, everyone's gonna die.

Tfw a weak mortal circle tries to contact with the soul of an eldritch being and explodes because of too much magical energy leaking into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back