News & Updates Patch Notes (2-5-22)

Hey All,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the fact that I did not send out an alert today or even several weeks in advance like we normally do in-regards to big changes. As most, if not all of you have noticed, the site themes (for both Light and Dark) got a major overhaul today. In the past, we mentioned that the current site themes were falling apart. These were preventing us to do major site upgrades in relation to the software and addons. This means that the old styles had to go which were in the way of 7 months of updates that needed to happen. While doing my best to fix and work on stuff that didn't require any major upgrades, I bumped into issues that required a board software upgrade finally and it wasn't something that could wait a few days or weeks to properly alert everyone.

As some of you know, we don't create the base of our styles, but we heavily edit them to make them feel like RpN. I picked a new light and dark from a reputable author so we could move forward. I've spent the afternoon processing feedback, fixing colors, restoring our textures and basically making the dark theme feel as close as it should as possible to a proper RpN Dark Theme.

In the coming weeks, we will be making some updates that include public roadmaps (Kanban boards) and other goodies that will let the community at a glance what needs to happen on any given point on the site. Our own unique styles should be finished around the Summertime, which will allow users to color the site on their own and a couple of other enhancements.

Again thank you all for your patience and keep that feedback coming. Ya'll make this worth it <3

Thank you so much for being so swift and open with all of our feedbacks!

I was wondering, would it be possible for links outside of RpN to also have our RpN highlighted blue colour as well? I currently have a link in my signature that credits the artist for current avatar icon but the link isn't as highlighted. I'm currently using our RpNation Dark theme ♡

this doesn't seem to be the font we had before on the old theme, unless i'm getting it wrong? i can tell by some of the copy/paste symbols i use, they look different now that the font has changed.

this doesn't seem to be the font we had before on the old theme, unless i'm getting it wrong? i can tell by some of the copy/paste symbols i use, they look different now that the font has changed.
It is the exact same one, I saw Alteras Alteras put it in last night.

Here is a problem I have found with tabs in Dark mode:

• If you hover over "Test 2" in Dark mode, the text will disappear.
    Also, the text color of "Test 1" makes it really difficult to be read unless you hover over or click on it.

Dark theme is looking clean, crispy, and stylish. Well done Wiz, appreciate the effort *woof*
Hmm... This is the first time I see you post outside the Amaranth forum, so I will take this as an opportunity to pet you ♥️
*scratches between Wolf's ears*

Here is a problem I have found with tabs in Dark mode:

• If you hover over "Test 2" in Dark mode, the text will disappear.
    Also, the text color of "Test 1" makes it really difficult to be read unless you hover over or click on it.

Hmm... This is the first time I see you post outside the Amaranth forum, so I will take this as an opportunity to pet you ♥️
*scratches between Wolf's ears*
aghh... not this bug again...

Thank you so much for being so swift and open with all of our feedbacks!

I was wondering, would it be possible for links outside of RpN to also have our RpN highlighted blue colour as well? I currently have a link in my signature that credits the artist for current avatar icon but the link isn't as highlighted. I'm currently using our RpNation Dark theme ♡
Seconded - I've run into the problem of links looking like regular text a couple of times already!
I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to help the theme settle in though, it's always weird when something this big changes but I'm already coming round to the new look ^_^

Seconded - I've run into the problem of links looking like regular text a couple of times already!
I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to help the theme settle in though, it's always weird when something this big changes but I'm already coming round to the new look ^_^
I've added it to our to do list :)!

Apologies if this has already been reported (or if it's actually intended functionality, which I imagine it could be), but: (DAGA SHIKASHI!)

If I'm writing a post or a DM and engage any of the basic formatting tags (italics, bold, underline, strikethrough and maybe some other things too) I cannot backspace beyond the point where that tag begins (the /tag at the end is fine).
To illustrate:
3 backspaces to go from "hahahahaha" to "hahahah", then no matter how many backspace presses you use "haha" stays untouched (until you remove the tag or manually skip it).

Apologies if this has already been reported (or if it's actually intended functionality, which I imagine it could be), but: (DAGA SHIKASHI!)

If I'm writing a post or a DM and engage any of the basic formatting tags (italics, bold, underline, strikethrough and maybe some other things too) I cannot backspace beyond the point where that tag begins (the /tag at the end is fine).
To illustrate:
3 backspaces to go from "hahahahaha" to "hahahah", then no matter how many backspace presses you use "haha" stays untouched (until you remove the tag or manually skip it).

That seems like a bug with the software, not the style. I'll make a note of it to send to the developers.

The new style of Dark Mode completely wrecks inline spoilers:

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 21-53-26 Spoiler Text Example.png

It looks like this on light mode

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 21-53-48 Spoiler Text Example 2.png

(the default text underneath is also near unreadable since the hover-colour is a blue that blends in with the black text.)

ex3.png

Is there any possible way for the bold and italics buttons to... show that they're on? In the old design, when you clicked on them there was a change in appearance so you could tell they were on or off. Now there's no way to tell without typing. It's not that big of a deal, just a little quality of life thing I miss from the old design!

Is there any possible way for the bold and italics buttons to... show that they're on? In the old design, when you clicked on them there was a change in appearance so you could tell they were on or off. Now there's no way to tell without typing. It's not that big of a deal, just a little quality of life thing I miss from the old design!
Good catch. We'll see what we can do.

If it helps, this is more visible on Light theme, if the button is pressed the symbol on it is shown in blue. Still not very visible but might be useful.

Good catch. We'll see what we can do.

If it helps, this is more visible on Light theme, if the button is pressed the symbol on it is shown in blue. Still not very visible but might be useful.
Thank you!

Unfortunately, it really doesn't help me much because I can't use the light theme. It's too bright for my eyes, haha.

See if it's fixed!
Oh my goodness, I totally forgot to reply! It works and it's so much better, haha.

I've noticed, though, that if something is bolded or italicized and I try to delete back to before the bolded/italicized section (example: if I try to delete back to the space after the f) it won't go further back than the bolded/italicized letter.

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot to reply! It works and it's so much better, haha.

I've noticed, though, that if something is bolded or italicized and I try to delete back to before the bolded/italicized section (example: if I try to delete back to the space after the f) it won't go further back than the bolded/italicized letter.

I believe that's just an issue with the editor that the software uses, and not something we can fix except by updating when new versions come in where we can. (We are on the latest version).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back