News & Updates Patch Notes (2-5-22)

Hey All,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the fact that I did not send out an alert today or even several weeks in advance like we normally do in-regards to big changes. As most, if not all of you have noticed, the site themes (for both Light and Dark) got a major overhaul today. In the past, we mentioned that the current site themes were falling apart. These were preventing us to do major site upgrades in relation to the software and addons. This means that the old styles had to go which were in the way of 7 months of updates that needed to happen. While doing my best to fix and work on stuff that didn't require any major upgrades, I bumped into issues that required a board software upgrade finally and it wasn't something that could wait a few days or weeks to properly alert everyone.

As some of you know, we don't create the base of our styles, but we heavily edit them to make them feel like RpN. I picked a new light and dark from a reputable author so we could move forward. I've spent the afternoon processing feedback, fixing colors, restoring our textures and basically making the dark theme feel as close as it should as possible to a proper RpN Dark Theme.

In the coming weeks, we will be making some updates that include public roadmaps (Kanban boards) and other goodies that will let the community at a glance what needs to happen on any given point on the site. Our own unique styles should be finished around the Summertime, which will allow users to color the site on their own and a couple of other enhancements.

Again thank you all for your patience and keep that feedback coming. Ya'll make this worth it <3

I tried to find it, but couldn’t so I’m thinking not… but I’m hoping, haha. Is there any way I can make the default font bigger? It’s hurting/straining my eyes (at least on mobile).

I tried to find it, but couldn’t so I’m thinking not… but I’m hoping, haha. Is there any way I can make the default font bigger? It’s hurting/straining my eyes (at least on mobile).
The fonts are actually slightly larger, but different. We are switching it back to the old fonts we used or trying to find something with even more readability.

The fonts are actually slightly larger, but different. We are switching it back to the old fonts we used or trying to find something with even more readability.
I’ve yet to see it on my laptop so it could just be my phone screen screwing with my eyes. I’m thrilled to hear it might go back to the old fonts (or one with better readability), though! The old font was pleasant, haha.

I love how it looks, feels more organized looking to me. Can't wait to see how everything else is updated over time! Take it easy and don't overwork yourselves!!! :)

Your efforts are duly noted and appreciated. 🙏
On the brightside, it's fairly gray enough and comprehensible. I also feel like the page loads somewhat faster now in dark mode. Maybe it's just me.

Anyways. Interesting update. Thank you for your services. o7

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard DWiz! I really like it! The pages load quickly, the dark mode looks smooth (almost chocolatey), and I like the font!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

No idea what that is either...tried looking it up, but and I get it's an organizational tool of some sort, but I'm not sure what the actual implications are.
It's a way to visually organize tasks and such, kind of like using notecards on a corkboard but all virtual. We hope to make it into something that users can use to see what updates are planned for, what are being currently worked on, what's about to be released, that kind of thing.

No idea what that is either...tried looking it up, but and I get it's an organizational tool of some sort, but I'm not sure what the actual implications are.

We are a large group and a kanban board that we can all access will make things we do in the back end run much more smoothly. One things companies and video game devs and other communities do is show people a roadmap kanban board with things in process and what was completed.

Here is our Kanban board that is being slowly setup for the admins and mods.

preview

We haven't started using it yet but it's coming together quite nicely as we clean up and remove other methods we had of keeping notes.

When we are done organizing our staff stuff like that, we will make one that people can see where it will have lists of stuff "In-Progress" and Known Bugs and Complete, etc.

The font has been updated to be the old one we used.

Glad you think so!
Oh my gosh, a MILLION times better! I (and my eyes) appreciate it so much! Thank you!

Edit to ask: does anybody else have difficulty differentiating unread messages from read messages in dark mode?

School us, DWiz and Kaerri! School us! =)

harry potter GIF

Oh my gosh, a MILLION times better! I (and my eyes) appreciate it so much! Thank you!

Edit to ask: does anybody else have difficulty differentiating unread messages from read messages in dark mode?
The word "New" appears on unread posts at the top of the unread post, on the right. It tends to blend in, though, so I'll see if we can do something to make it more noticeable.

The word "New" appears on unread posts at the top of the unread post, on the right. It tends to blend in, though, so I'll see if we can do something to make it more noticeable.
I mean in the drop down messages menu before you click on it 😊 Thank you! I’ll never not be amazed by how attentive the team is to members’ concerns!

It's a way to visually organize tasks and such, kind of like using notecards on a corkboard but all virtual. We hope to make it into something that users can use to see what updates are planned for, what are being currently worked on, what's about to be released, that kind of thing.
We are a large group and a kanban board that we can all access will make things we do in the back end run much more smoothly. One things companies and video game devs and other communities do is show people a roadmap kanban board with things in process and what was completed.

Here is our Kanban board that is being slowly setup for the admins and mods.

preview

We haven't started using it yet but it's coming together quite nicely as we clean up and remove other methods we had of keeping notes.

When we are done organizing our staff stuff like that, we will make one that people can see where it will have lists of stuff "In-Progress" and Known Bugs and Complete, etc.

Ah so basically a way to keep us to up to date. Gotcha, thanks for explaining!

I mean in the drop down messages menu before you click on it 😊 Thank you! I’ll never not be amazed by how attentive the team is to members’ concerns!
Oh! Yes, that bothered me too, so I pestered asked them to darken the background color of the unread alerts. In dark mode it's much closer to black, while read alerts are a lighter gray (in light mode, the unread alerts are darker and bluer than the read ones). Also, there's a blue bar on the left side of unread alerts, and a gold star on them as well, but for me, I found it much easier to differentiate when the whole alert was a different shade.

hopefully evertying can get tigetned up a little in the future and maybe reduce the wasted space on the side or at least obviously previced waste to the side where the PFP is thats basically the important bit

hopefully evertying can get tigetned up a little in the future and maybe reduce the wasted space on the side or at least obviously previced waste to the side where the PFP is thats basically the important bit
At the bottom of the page, where the style changer button is, there should be a "Change width" button as well. Clicking on that should widen the posts to fill more of the horizontal space. Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back