• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Passage: Adapting a Solo RP Experience for Two Players

Mr_Shades

Hello. Andrew here. I've been experimenting off and on with solo role playing games and I've found a rather lightweight one (Passage by Aleks Samoylov) that I wanted to try adapting as a two-player storytelling game. The rules are abstract and simple so the game should flow nicely, and I'll do the minimal dice rolling on my end so all you'll need to do is post your response, ending with the action you intend to take in order to resolve the current dilemma or advance your quest.

You can think of it a bit like those old interactive fiction games where the computer gives you a paragraph or two of setting/story and then you type in your response. Except your response will of course be more than one line long.

I prefer original characters and settings, but the genre, time period, quest, and opening can be left up to the player (you may establish this in your opening post; I can also come up with something if you prefer). This can be a wilderness survival game where the goal is to get off a desert island, the personal quest of a ronin to avenge his fallen order, or anything in between.

I intend to be available to post several times per week (at least three, very likely more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back