Party 8

Sorvia's eyes go large and wild at Baltair's words and she leans forward in her chair, everything else completely forgotten. Her voice slightly wavers as though she is a little unsure of her words. "Vistani? You were brought her by some of the folk? Crash you say? There was a crash? Oh dear, oh deary me." The elderly looking woman wrings her hands a little in worry as she leans back in the chair. At the mention of the word 'Vistani' the other occupants at the table in the bar immediately stop looking across at you and focus on their own drinks. "Oh no. This can't be. Deary me." There is a quiet moment and Sorvia finally seems to realise that she has guests at her table and she looks up, giving everyone a sad sort of smile. "You must forgive me, that news shocked me a little. You see, I am Vistani as well. We are usually a traveling folk, sticking to our caravans and our walking life but me and my sisters settled down a little while ago to take up this inn. You mentioned a crash but you came from outside through the mists? Strange, very strange."

The older Vistani looks confused and still worried, directing her glances between Baltair and Tazkul in particular. "A crash you said but I heard you say that there was no sign of them afterwards, well that likely means they are okay but it has me worried I will admit." Her hands go to her pockets and she seems to be fiddling with a long, rectangular box while talking. "Still, us Vistani are hardy folk and very hard to kill. I do hope they are okay. Oh you mentioned a long-standing affair, something to provide assistance with? If you were being asked by the Vistani for help then maybe it is something I could tell you about?"

Finally Sorvia turns to Cassia with a weak and slightly apologetic smile. "I'm sorry Miss Cassia, I did not mean to ignore your question. I was a little caught off guard. Goodness a house of death does not sound pleasant at all." She thinks to herself, hands moving from the box to tap against the table making a clicking sound when her nails hit one of the needles. "The Durst household, I cannot say I know that name I'm sorry. It may have been from before we took over the inn perhaps? A cult you say? That seems a bit strange, most Barovians are not ones for much belief. Even Father Donovan at the church has difficulty getting anyone to visit for much more than funerals. Sorry I can't help you more with that my dear."

Cassia keeps a wary eye on the box she is fiddling with. The Vistani seemed like an honorable sort, but she did not know Sorvia. "It is so sad, to live without something to believe in, no? Perhaps they have not had much cause for faith. Perhaps we can change that..." She rubs her left horn conscientiously, considering the situation, and hushes her voice. "The Dursts may have been subject to this mist as well. But...there was another name mentioned, in a letter there. Seemed to be some sort of lord. Mayhap you have heard of him? Strahd van Zarovich."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back