[Party 8] Sorrowful Cassia - Tiefling Paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frequency of posting: Sporadically throughout the day, more frequently late at night my time (~11pm-1am GMT+8)
Character sheet
Background:

In her youth, Cassia thought little of her infernal heritage. Her parents raised her in a remote, isolated corner of the Sword Coast, and taught her well to disregard the suspicious stares of strangers on those occasions when they ventured out - their judgments meant little. This became increasingly difficult as Cassia matured and found it necessary to seek her fortune in the civilized world. It was difficult to gain employment, given her heritage, but she eventually impressed herself upon a family of elves, the Sorayans, that ran an apothecary in the small village of Grotter's Mill. This sufficed for a time, but Cassia could not help but notice that her employers still looked down upon her.

When it came to her attention that the other shopkeep in the elves' employ, a young human lad, was paid almost twice her own wage, she could stand it no longer. She confronted the Sorayan patriarch in a fit of anger. The man tried to explain patiently his side, that the lad had to look after his infirm parents and young siblings, but Cassia was too enraged to listen. Her voice boomed unnaturally, and the shelves shook violently. Too violently, it turned out, as several reagents crashed to the floor, mixing together and causing an inferno that quickly engulfed the room. Cassia tried to grab the patriarch and drag him out, but by the time they reached the outside he had succumbed to smoke and burns.

Realizing what she had done, Cassia wept bitter tears over the patriarch's body. The other family members, having fled the fire and survived, were aghast and inconsolable. Cassia wailed profuse apologies, but the family was in no state to hear. Quickly the townsfolk had gathered, and started murmuring about the evil Tiefling's crimes. After a few minutes, the patriarch's daughter then wiped her tears, and looked at her with a strange mixture of grief and pity. She then said the most remarkable thing Cassia had ever heard: "I forgive you. But they will not. You must leave, and always remember what happened today. Your ancestry does not define you; what you choose to be from this day forward will."

Cassia nodded, wiped her own tears away, and ran headlong from Grotter's Mill to jeers and spit from the townsfolk. Wandering in the woods for what seemed like an eternity, she eventually broke down, prayed (though not to any God in particular) and made a solemn vow - to build a life worthy of the forgiveness of the patriarch's daughter. She took the moniker Sorrowful Cassia and began a life of wandering from town to town, offering a helping had wherever she could. Her strong swordarm and newfound sense of justice came in handy more than once, and she cultivated an aura of calm and ease, suppressing - as much as she was able - the infernal fire that still burned within her.

Hullo!

Character Sheet:

While you've marked your Prof, you still need to actually write in their values. Your Wisdom saving throw should be +4 (+2 from WIS mod, and +2 from PROF mod), while Charisma should be +6 (+4 cha, +2 prof). Insight should be +4, Medicine +4, Persuasion +6, and Religion +4.

You also need to list the equipment from your class you went with. I see you went with the priest pack, going off your AC I assume you went a martial weapon and shield (since chainmail is 16 AC and shield is +2 AC), however what other weapons do you have?

What languages do you know? They need to be listed as well, along with tool profs. Tieflings get Common and Infernal, but your background gives a free language, along with prof in Herbalism toolkit.

You also need to mark you have fire resistance, thanks to your race.

Please also mark your hitdice (1d10).

Character Backstory:

I see nothing here that catches my eye as needing changing.

Please edit your original post with updates and tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) on the Discord when you're ready for me to look over your changes, or have any further questions!

Hullo!

Character Sheet:

While you've marked your Prof, you still need to actually write in their values. Your Wisdom saving throw should be +4 (+2 from WIS mod, and +2 from PROF mod), while Charisma should be +6 (+4 cha, +2 prof). Insight should be +4, Medicine +4, Persuasion +6, and Religion +4.

You also need to list the equipment from your class you went with. I see you went with the priest pack, going off your AC I assume you went a martial weapon and shield (since chainmail is 16 AC and shield is +2 AC), however what other weapons do you have?

What languages do you know? They need to be listed as well, along with tool profs. Tieflings get Common and Infernal, but your background gives a free language, along with prof in Herbalism toolkit.

You also need to mark you have fire resistance, thanks to your race.

Please also mark your hitdice (1d10).

Character Backstory:

I see nothing here that catches my eye as needing changing.

Please edit your original post with updates and tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) on the Discord when you're ready for me to look over your changes, or have any further questions!
Thx for taking a look. Seems the widget is only properly filled in when using acrobat...flattened now so shld work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread