[Party 8] Baltair Tursan - Mountaind Dwarf Bard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuneRW

Can't Rune away from me!
Character Sheet Link: Baltair Tursan
Activity: Weekdays afternoon/evening (GMT +1)
Backstory: A stocky dwarf, although rather on the tall side for his race, sits at the table. Another patron sits across him, listening intently.
- So, you want to hear my story, eh? I'd rather tell someone else's, but if you insist... - He pauses for a moment and procures a deck of exquisitely illustrated dwarven playing cards - Let's make it interesting, shall we? I challenge you to a game of cards. The loser pays our drinks and my throat feels dry today.
The man across him agrees and they start playing. The dwarf goes on with his story:
- I'm Baltair, proud son of Clan Tursan. Haven't heard of it? Not surprised, we haven't made much of a name for ourselves yet. You should try the family mead though, much better than what they serve here! - he wipes some mead from his moustache and looks at towards the bartender - No offense, Bob, yours isn't bad either! So, where were we... Ah yes! Father thought me brewing as well, but a different life called to me. It turned out pretty soon that I'm somewhat of a musical talent, so I took off to the nearest Bard's College at the age of thirty-two.
He takes another swig of the mead and notices the strange look on the other patron's face.
- What, that's young for us dwarves! I've spent a decade and a half there honing my craft and so, I became something of a bard. For me, it was the skald's life, so I joined the army. I was a simple foot soldier, but my brothers-in-arms sure liked my marching songs, kept up their spirits at all times. I fought in a few skirmishes, no major battles though. - he pauses for a moment, as if thinking - Let me tell you about the first ever time I killed a goblin. It was glorious! Me and my four fellow soldiers had been traveling on the same road, seemingly alone and undisturbed, for five days by then. But suddenly, out of nothing, goblins appeared! They were everywhere! Up in the trees, behind the rocks, we were outnumbered about five to one! We fought and fought and fought until none but their leader remained, one of the Booyaghs or what do they call themselves, the nasty ones in the robes. He was about to escape when I grabbed my axe and hurled it at him, and I hit him square in the back! I hit his spine perfectly. I cut his nasty pointed ear off as a trophy, I still have it! Do you want to see? - the other man gives a look of slight disgust and a refusing motion.
- NO? Bah, such a killjoy. Anyway, I ended my service after about a decade, a month or so ago. Nowadays, I live from my tales and my songs but I'm looking for opportunities where I can put my combat prowess to the test. So here we are. Royal Flush. I believe that means you pay.

Last edited:
Hullo!

Character Sheet:
Had to move to my desktop to use Adobe proper to view the sheet -- please export it somehow so that it's easily viewable and things work regardless of browser or adobe. Otherwise I didn't see anything wrong with the sheet.

Character Backstory:
This seems to cover the basics for your character, and it's interesting to tell it as a story from the character themselves, but I'd say it would have been nice for it to be broken up with some actions instead of a massive block of text. Something to keep in mind when you get into a campaign -- a post can be more than just dialogue.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help by tagging me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread