Party 3

Azgard lifted a tome above his head after the brute slashed into his shoulder; the tome disintegrated into an ash that fell upon his hand and created a shape of a blade. With an uppercut, Azgard swung the blade across his chin.
He turned his back and swung around while his companions attacked too. A frost conjured in the orb in his pocket as he brought it out to freeze Izek’s hand. Azgard backed away, allowing Izek to attack again, cutting deep into his left arm. Rage burned within him, and fire leaped out from his wound and surrounded Izek in a blaze.
By the time Azgard looked up again, Izek was lying on the ground, motionless.

Thia outstretches her hand, manifesting two psychic spikes within Izek’s head. He yells out in pain as the rest of her friends damage him with more physical means. She breaths a sigh of relief as Izek falls to the ground. “We are a-also here to arrest the b-burgomaster. He should be somewhere inside t-the house.”

Thia stepped forward and tried her best to not look meek and small, her hands still fidgeted around though. "Izek h-has been dealt with." She waves her hand over to the battleaxe that once belonged to Izek. "Nobody wants y-you in power anymore. The f-festivals haven't been h-helping anyone, so we are here to lock you up. We w-will also be freeing the people you have w-wrongly imprisoned." Thia lets a little bit of flame flicker on her hand as she continues to speak, if her appearance and voice couldn't scare him her magic would. "You can d-drop your weapons and come p-peacefully. But if you intend to f-fight us know t-that we are prepared to retaliate."

"What makes you are the last? Do you not believe Kossuth will bring judgement and balance to Strahd once and for all?"

Azgard moves beside Thia, using his condescending tone to emphasize the Baron's lack of importance to their plan.

Thia tries to keep out of the spotlight as much as she can, but she smiles to herself, as her party seemed to have done something good today. Thia talks to Lady Wachter as soon as she's available. "I hope t-that Vallaki will have a h-happier future now. I hope this isn't p-presumptuous, but you said t-there was a reward for d-doing this. While freeing Vallaki is q-quite a reward in of itself, w-we would also appreciate p-physical rewards, as those help us in our b-battle against the true evil of t-this land."

Finarin takes a slow breath, tipping her head back to take in the air. "This is good we have done here." She mutters softly. "But I don't...this is not my place, I don't think. I need to go. You ll will do good for these people and that's good but I have...I have people I need to go do good for, I think, instead. I'm sorry." She turns and walks a few feet away, before pausing and turning back around to pull the spear off her back. "I don't think I am going to find much use for this, but perhaps you all will." She passes the spear off to Thia with a tired smile. "Perhaps if you succeed in whatever it is you wish to do here, and don't die, I'll see you again someday. Or if we all die. That might be more likely." They turn back to the path, dropping one hand to rest it on Tara's shoulder as they set off down the road.

When the party comes out of the house and was given a spotlight as heroes, Fargrim stand proud and declare, “It’s all thanks to The Goddess Umberlee, who given me the power to vanquish her enemies.” Fargrim then approaches Lady Wachter and says, “Well, how about a breakfast after this milady? Surely our party would appreciate it. And while we eat let us talk about the reward for this endeavor.”

Thia watches Finarin as she walks off, before looking at the spear she was handed. "It's certainly a h-happier goodbye then I'm u-used to..." Thia shudders slightly as she responds, she then turns back to the Lady. "If it isn't t-too much trouble Lady Wachter, I would like to r-return to the burgomaster's library at s-some point. It reminded me of my m-master's library, I haven't been in one so l-large for some t-time. There could be books t-that I would find helpful in t-there."

The guards took the party to the burgomaster’s library so Thia could poke around some of the texts. When they arrived, Azgard was immediately bored with the texts, and wanted to find something more interesting. He began looking under and behind things in the library, hoping to find a trap door or hidden magical item. Nothing seemed to be interesting there...

“Do you mind if I check out the burgomaster’s quarters?” He said to a guard. But before one could respond, he left anyway. He investigated the burgomaster’s room with no luck, but did find a gilded mirror with obvious magical properties. Azgard looked around the mirror and tried to poke it, but nothing seemed to explain why it was magic.

He became uninterested rather quickly, then turned to a guard that followed him in and asked, “Do you know why I am here?”
Before the guard could answer he continued,
“Kossuth, a great god, brought me to find my companions to bring equality and purity to these lands. I am a pawn of his great plan of equilibrium. He does not need me, but now that I follow him, I can be set free through his purifying flame.”
Azgard created a white flame above his hand,
“Do you want to know more about him?”

In walks a tall, slender woman in awkward, unmatched clothes. Her long, dark brown hair is in a side braid, and the points of her tan ears stick up through the strands, making it clear she is an elf. There is a backpack slung off one shoulder, and a scroll case strapped tightly around her torso, as if she cannot afford to lose it. She looks around, as if expecting to see someone she knows. She walks up to the only occupied table in he room and interrupts the conversation and drinks. “Would any of you have knowledge of the history or location of the moon blade? I am in search of the moon blade. It eludes me for a hundred years.” She pulls up a chair and inserts herself in the group. “You all look like you need sleep. Have any of you been kissed by Selûne?”

Thia sets the water she had been sipping from down on the table as she looks over at the high elf. "You're s-searching for a Moonblade? Being a high elf, I have l-learned much about t-them. But there are a f-few Moonblades in e-existence, are you l-looking for a specific one?" Thia tried her best to gloss over how tired she looked, both physically and mentally. Being in this place was slowly taking it's toll on her sanity, but these calm moments were helping. "I'm T-Thia Liadon, p-pleased to m-meet you."

“Moon... blade?” Azgard asked with a confused look, “I haven’t heard of such myself. But growing up inside a mountain doesn’t really help.”

He let out a chuckle to lighten the mood since the stranger seemed to be very serious.

“Anyway, I’m Azgard, a follower and messenger of Kossuth.” Azgard held his right hand off to the side to engulf it in a brief white flame before reaching out to shake the stranger’s hand.

“I’m interested in moonblades. All of them. Any of them. Few people know anything about one let alone several. I have followed tales that I may find one here. In these strange lands. I’ve just arrived, and no idea where I am or where to go from here. I... suppose I could travel around...” socially awkward, she doesn’t notice that she has failed to introduce herself or give her own name in a return greeting. She trails off as if hinting for an invitation to travel with this small group.

Azgard slowly let’s his hand down in utter confusion.

“Moonblades and tigers... alright then!” He raised his voice and gestured the inn keeper,
“I’m going to need another round for this, please!”

He finished the last of his drink in preparation. “I have so many questions, but first and foremost,” he reached his hand out again to another new stranger to introduce himself with a smile, “Azgard, messenger of Kossuth.”

“And I am Naivara. Is your tiger a pet? A beast of burden? A familiar? Where did you last see it?” Naivara the elf asks these questions from intellectual curiosity more than in promise to help. But she is genuinely interested. What a wonderful new place this is, and how many new things to learn and explore!!

Thia shows a hint of surprise at seeing Rictavio walk up to her table. "Hello Rictavio. I didn't e-expect to see you so s-soon." She then remembers that she was the only one here who has met him before. "O-oh, sorry e-everyone....I have met Rictavio p-previously, when Azgard w-went to the evening s-service...." Thia hoped that everyone else didn't feel as awkward as she did. "A-anyways, would you m-mind telling us how it e-escaped?"

“Alright then, shall we?” Azgard smiled at the group calmly, and walked out of the inn without checking to see if his party was following. Just as Rictavio suggested, a loose tiger was patrolling the town near the wagon it had escaped.

Azgard raised his hands, revealing them through his robes, and began muttering in Infernal. Walls, wagons, cages, and other non-threatening yet barricading objects appeared around the tiger. The great beast almost toyed with a few of the illusions but thankfully decided against it, maybe the years in captivity made her more willing.

After a few extra objects coerced her to move back in the wagon, Azgard walked closer and created a wall in front of the opening.

“Would someone mind tying her back up? I have to maintain focus on this to keep her inside the wagon.” Azgard looked back at the inn’s entrance, hoping someone had followed him out.

Thia smiled at Azgard as she watched him take care of the tiger, using nothing but his wits and magic. "Well d-done Azgard, you t-took care of that in r-record time." Thia takes the map from Rictavio and carefully tucks it away in her bag. "Would y-you still like us to check t-the Vistani camp to the w-west of here? If so, w-would you like us to do a-anything specific while we a-are there?" Thia had planned on going there next, since it seemed like an easy job to complete.

Naivara walks out into the street to see what is going on, and is very surprised and impressed to see Azgard peacefully and swiftly use illusion to convince the tiger to walk back into its cage. She claps politely. “Well done. Well done!”
Naivara smiles and joins the group around the Rictavio’s wagon to catch what he says. “Who is Strahd?” she whispers to the person standing beside her. “Ooo! A map! Can I se-“ Naivara’s shoulders slump as Thia puts the map away without opening it. Maybe she can see it later. She’d best keep quiet and learn what she can here.
Ask questions later.
Yeah.
Naivara waits to hear if they will be traveling to this Vista-nee place, and what they might be doing. What kind of group was this? Are they mercenaries? Wandering homeless? Friends on holiday break?

“Thank you, thank you.” Azgard took a bow a chuckled, “I’m glad we could get that over with quickly.”

Azgard tried to keep up with the conversation with Rictavio, but entered in a bit too late.

“Where to next?” He asked Thia.

Thia tips the large brim of her hat slightly as Rictavio leaves. "Let us h-head to the west and m-meet the Vistani then. They are a-always very f-friendly, so this shouldn't be a h-hard task. We could p-probably even m-make it to the tower Rictavio will be s-staying at and give him the i-information." Thia pulls the map back out to plot their new course. After checking it for a few moments she glances up to see Naivara's interest in the map. "Oh, m-my apologies. I d-didn't know you would be so interested in t-this. Here y-you go." Thia tries to hide her embarrassment as she gingerly holds out the map for Naivara to take. She attempted to quickly change the subject as she looked off towards the west. "I would l-like a description for s-some of the p-places on the map. We should ask someone w-who knows about the a-area if they c-can give us more insight into these p-places. Finding out w-where the other two r-relics are is still our m-main goal at the e-end of the day."

Naivara doesn’t realize she is leaning too close to Thia for a better look at the map until Thia offers it to her and steps away. The awkward embarrassment is... awkward.

“Sorry,” Naivara says. But happy to have the map now, she excitedly studies it. “Hmmm. It does lack a certain level of information. Too bad Rictavio didn’t stay to help with that.”

At the mention of relics, her ears perk up. Maybe these folks are more interesting than she thought. “You seek relics also? I would like to know more! But... you wish to acquire them by the end of today? I’m afraid your goals are unrealistic. It takes time to track down sacred items. Unless you already know their location?” Her confusion over a simple idiom may be endearing and quaint, but she isn’t trying it.
Knowledge doesn’t equal “cool”ness with this one.

Fargrim feels a bit nervous about going to the vistani again after the incident.
“Do you think I should stay here? I’m worried they’ll already know about the incident.
I can probably talk to the Wachters about any more jobs, while you go to the gypsies.”

Uneasiness shows in his eyes. One of the only times you ever see his conviction falters.

“We should all go together.” Azgard said, “They might have their reserves due to our last encounter but I’m sure they won’t be hostile.”
He paused and looked over at Naivara.

“Naivara, are you religious by chance?”

Naivara listens to the exchange, trying to understand what incident, what encounter, might have happened before.

Azgard’s question to her comes out of nowhere.

“Well, yes. I mean, kind of. I’m... te-ee-ch-nically an apostate of the Temple of Selune. But I believe the gods guide us and control the changes of nature.
Umm... what does that have to do with the Vistani?”

Users who are viewing this thread