[Party 2] Draeric Nire'way (E Wiz (Bladesinger))

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDreams

Draeric Nire'wey MaleHigh ElfWizard 1 GSheet v1.3

I am posting Draeric both off the Google Share and pdf sheet. (I included the stats for Elvish weapons even if I don't have them yet so that I would know the stats/bonus.

Draeric is the second son of high ranking emissaries of the Elven Court. Draeric was raised alongside the various nobles in Evereska. While not, of noble birth, he watched and learned what his parents did and the way governments in the various regions were run. Draeric, due to his close ties to the other children of nobles was granted the ability to learn from the same teachers and sages. Among the teachings that he relished the most were learning the way of the weave and the dance of the sword. Draeric has been sent out to the Sword Coast so that he can grow further in his skills and learn more of the world. His parents are of the expectations that he will return to become one of the personal guards for one of the royal families. Draeric, while loyal to the elves, does not share this desire, and wishes only to grow in strength and power. While he could never show it and would be considered the betrayal of the Elvin beliefs, he longed for the privileges and power that the nobles wielded so casually.

Attachments

• Draeric Nire'way.pdf
    642.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Alright, glad to see you're visible! I've got the midnight shift, so you've got the misfortune of me being your reviewer.

Character Sheet:
  • Your spell casting ability is your Intelligence (or 'Int') rather than "3". Its a question of what stat you're using, not how high your numbers are.
  • As a wizard, you start with six first level spells in your spell book. Right now, I only see four on your sheet. Also, don't forget to mark down your max spell slots. Same as current, 2 first level.
  • You also get to prepare a number of spells equal to your spell casting modifier (3) + your level (1).
  • You get an extra d10 of gold in addition to what is provided by your background. Roll that bad boy up in #dice.

Background:
  • For backgrounds we typically like to hear more about your character than would just be on their Linkedin portfolio. This means filling in some of the blanks about the important figures in their life, which for Draeric seems to be his parents, his brother(s?), his friends of noble birth he had close ties to, teachers, stuff like that.
  • Also, the background is a place to feel out your character's personality and views on things that make them more than the numbers on their sheet. I'd suggest taking a glance around at some of the other sheets here so you can feel it out more.
Some leading questions to maybe consider:
  • You mentioned that Draeric's parents had expectations for him in his life, but how did they show it? What was his brother like, and was he treated any differently? How did Draeric feel about these expectations? As for his friends, did they ever look at him differently since he was of a different status from him, or did he fit right in? Was there any teacher or mentor who stood out as an important figure to him? I.E., a fencing master or wizard who saw potential in him.
Everything else was pretty good, so looks like that's everything. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or when you've made your edits to your sheet and backstory, hmu in #characterhelp (@WetHawks) and I'll give it another look-see. Good luck!

Master Ferair,
I have successfully reached Daggerford. Although I have yet to formally present myself to the ‘Lords and Ladies’ of this land.’ Pausing with the quill in his hand, Draeric groaned. Blessings of their bloody birth and people are expected to bend over backward to kiss their nethers. ‘The travels from Evereska was fairly uneventful. The scouts had found a small goblin raiding party near the edges of our forest. They were dispatched (sadly) long before I, and the remaining travelers had even come close to the site.’
‘Was this why you forbade me from making the trip here without any weapons other than the quarterstaff and spells? You wanted me to slow down and think more strategically, and less of an eager idiot rushing into battle? I would have thought that you had more faith in me, after all, I was the first of your students to stop rushing into battle after the Prince and his fellow nobles?’ Snickering to himself, Draeric remembers the times that the instructors laid out the headstrong fools, who never quite learned discipline and teamwork. ‘Probably still doing it, if I know those fools.’ ‘I realize that I was never the commanding presence, often an afterthought in their strategies, yet I know my keen eye and ability to keep my head impressed you.’ ‘At least when you weren’t trying to remove it from my shoulders, you overbearing, egotistical jerk! Just because you were one of the best instructors, didn’t mean that you had to be such a hateful, vengeance-minded prima donna!’
‘I have hopes for this trip, and for that, I do have to thank you. I was indeed surprised when you put forth my name to travel here and act as a liaison with the humans. I fear that if I stay in Evereska, I’ll just be a shadow of my more glamorous and ‘incredible’ brother Tatrasiel. Furthermore, I’d be expected to follow in his footsteps, lost in the shadows and forced to be a member of the protection detail to the Prince or one of the other nobles. While this may be considered a ‘noble’ or ‘honorable’ calling, I fear that I cannot abide by their behaviors and actions at this time. However, I will not waste this opportunity that you have given me. I will use the skills that you taught as the foundations for improving my abilities with the weave and the blade. Maybe in a century or three, I shall surpass your skill and take your place, teaching the next generation. As for Tatrasiel, in several ways, I feel that I have already surpassed him with both blade and weave. Alas, he is the one that is known and guarding the Royal family and having caught the assassin.’
‘I am looking forward to this opportunity to start to grow beyond the name and brother of Tatrasiel. I want to know more of the ways of the weave and the blade, becoming an asset to our people.’
Grinning for a few seconds, he continued on. ‘Speaking of our people, if ye do not mind, thank my parents for their gift. The scroll with ‘Find Familiar’ has been added to my spellbook, although I fear that I will be scrambling to find the components in this region.’ Really, Father? You couldn’t be bothered to give it to me early when I could have prepared the spell before I left? Instead, you send me off and have me open it on the trail when I can do naught with it. I hope you are laughing at your joke, for I am not. ‘It will be a worthy addition to my spellbook, and I wonder what form my familiar will take? ‘Laugh it up father, I’ll find the ingredients in this forsaken hamlet, just to spite thee.’
‘Alas, I need to change and prepare to present myself as the hour draws near. I’m sending this back with the courier who should be through in an hour or so. I do not know when next I’ll be able to send word back to you.’

‘May the Blade and Weave be ever in your grasp.’

Draeric Nire’wey

Last edited:
Alright, round two.

Sheet is good. Crushin' it.

Now to background stuff:

First off, great to see more character. It really helps a lot to have a good understanding of how they think, talk and act before you start playing them, and I like how you put that into action. Now to the less fun bit. The formatting was a bit confusing to read at first. Normally just italicizing words would be enough to differentiate from thoughts and actions, but when everything is in first person and there's no other textual formatting, it'd be a little easier of a read if you formatted the letter text and then included third person sentences like:
'I have successfully reached Daggerford, although I have yet to formally present myself to the ‘Lords and Ladies’ of the lands.' Pausing with his quill in hand, Draeric groaned. Blessing of birth and people bend over backwards to kiss their nethers.

Unless you plan on writing a lot of letters in the campaign, this specific issue won't be too much of a problem, but its important to keep legible formatting so that your fellow players can understand what you're saying. In addition, there are a few places where the problems are more than just the formatting. Nothing that a little more proof reading wouldn't fix, and mostly fairly minor issues. For example, you've got comma-central here that could probably be cleared up a little better. "While the skills I have begun to learn at your hands, and sword, have laid a foundation for me to try and build on, and perhaps in some century, surpass."

Anyways, give it a second pass to clean it up a little and then I'll give it a final look over. Buona fortuna!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread