[Party 17] Thorvir Mikkelsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

burritochancho

Character Sheet
[Currently a student, I have a good amount of time so I can post at least 1/day]
Thorvir Mikkelsen was born to an orcish mother and a human father in a small tribe of orc raiders. His father was a human captive of the tribe, and his mother a warrior of Luthic. The two fell in love whilst his father was imprisoned, and the couple named their son in their own memory - “Thorvir” from his mother’s name “Thorva” and “Mikkelsen” from his father’s name “Mikkel”. After his birth Thorvir’s mother whisked him away from the tribe, knowing that a half-orc like him would have a better chance at life living amongst humans. His father and mother both perished soon after (his father dying in captivity and his mother after contracting a disease in a human settlement), and it was thusly that Thorvir was left at the mercy of a people he did not belong to.
While he had trouble making friends as a boy at a local orphanage, Thorvir was stronger and scarier than the other children and he never had any bullies. As a strong and wild half-orc child, he soon caught the attention of a local thief, Giles. Giles offered to help Thorvir get by in exchange for a bit of work from Thorvir’s part. He was taken in by Giles and his band of thieves, and soon learnt the age-old art of highway robbery. Thorvir was often the muscle - he would stand by and glare at travelers with his intimidating muscles and countenance, which let the sweet-talking and extorting fall to the more socially gifted of the bunch.
It was during his time with the robbers that Thorvir met Melanie, the wise old woman who watched over the thieves. Melanie, or Mel as Thorvir called her, made sure the band of rejects didn’t cause too much trouble, and in exchange she helped them survive in the forest. Thorvir took a liking to Mel, and she helped teach him much: the ways of beast and leaf, but more importantly, the importance of kindness and mercy.
Thorvir’s life came to an abrupt turn after a particularly good catch. Drunk on the promise of gold, Giles and the thieves beat and thrashed a portly merchant in front of his family. Melanie stopped Giles and the family was able to escape, but his ire turned on her instead. Thorvir would never forget the fury he felt seep through him then, but to this day all he can remember is that when the anger subsided and he regained his senses, he had cut down two of his former allies and wounded a third in defense of Melanie. Giles and the other thieves fought and bested the nearly feral Thorvir, and executed Melanie in front of him to teach him a lesson.
Thorvir was left to die in that forest. In fact, with his body broken and his spirit crushed, he nearly did. Yet Giles didn’t count on the fact that Thorvir was a skilled woodsman and tracker after hunting caravans and beasts in the woods for years. Thorvir had a knack for a solitary life in nature and survived alone for a time while he licked his wounds. And perhaps more importantly, Giles underestimated the tenacity and drive for vengeance of the half-orc; for while he left Thorvir in despair, that churning despair would soon boil into a longing for justice.
Since then, Thorvir has been wandering the wilds in search of a place to settle down. He has left the woods of his youth for stranger forests and even stranger folk. While he has not yet forgotten Giles, more pressing concerns (like food, shelter, and water) have taken a priority in his life. He has recently arrived at the village of Daggerford, hoping to either hire himself out as a guide to travelers or perhaps to find information concerning his former caretaker.

Last edited:
Hullo! Sorry it took a bit!

Character Sheet:

There is nothing here that catches my eye as being incorrect.

Character Backstory:

I will send your sheet higher up for final approval! Please don't hesitate to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord if you have any questions or concerns.

Hullo! Sorry it took a bit!

Character Sheet:

Character Backstory:

I will send your sheet higher up for final approval! Please don't hesitate to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord if you have any questions or concerns.
Hey no worries! Thanks for checking it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread