[Party 15] Loraleth Roetheniel, Wood Elf Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa Stark

I'm available most weeknights and during weekend days, however Thursday night I am usually busy watching Critical Role, and Saturday night are my normal in-person D&D sessions.
Here's my Character Sheet ^_^

And here's her backstory~!

Nearly two centuries ago, a High Elf noble by the name of Lord Korfel Nierdre got some most unwanted news: that his life of partying and whoring had wrought fruit. No more than a common prostitute working in a brothel, a Wood Elf woman named Rielle Roetheniel came before him, a baby girl in her arms. While Korfel found this claim to be preposterous, one look at the baby gave truth to the woman's tale; the babe had heterochromia, a trait common in his family's line. The infant's one purple and one grey eyes stared up at him with wonder and mystery at the new world, and when this man had a moment to own up to his actions and take care of the woman and child, he instead decided to cast them out, exiling them both and using his position to cover up his actions for fear of what other nobles would think knowing he had an illegitimate child with a whore.

Distraught and desperate, the woman fled to the forest making a small camp with what little belonging she had. Fortunately for the pair, she was well versed in the ways of the wild and an expert with animals. While it was no life of opulence, over time as the child grew and was able to help her mother and the pair built a small cabin, and the pair were happy. Loraleth, or Lora as she likes to be called, learned from her mother how to live off the land and share it with the beasts of the wood; how to fish and hunt, how to find shelter and stay warm, how to shoot and how to effectively hide yourself. For fifty years, the pair lived a content and quiet life, in which she chose to use her mother's name after being told of her father's shameful acts. One particular autumn's eve, a man with burn scars along his back came stumbling into their camp. A human, and judging by the burns, he had barely escaped an attack from a dragon. The pair gave him succor, and he introduced himself as Tallon Grenwich.

While recovering from his injuries, Tallon actually managed something spectacular: he fostered a romance with Rielle, and the two were wed quietly in the privacy of their cabin, the spirits of nature and Lora as their witnesses. The trio was happy, Lora had a kind and loving father figure in her life for the first time, and Rielle was able to be with a man who did not care what her previous profession was, just that he loved her to the ends of the world. It was a happy three years, the marriage even giving a child. Lora's younger sister Naivara, blonde like her and her mother, yet with Tallon's deep expressive green eyes, was a joy to the family. As it would come to pass however, this happiness was not to last.

That same year, not four months after the birth of Naya, Rielle fell ill, something that required Lora to step up in hunting and providing for the family. She took to this well, picking up for her mother and growing into her own, yet she desired a life of adventure, to see what was in the world, a prospect that Naya's existence potentially would enable once she grew a little. It was on one of these hunting trips that Lora first heard the sound of something she would never forget: a dragon. It's roar cut through the still silence of the forest, sending smaller creatures scattering and driving Lora to seek cover. A brass blur streaked through the sky, knocking over trees and causing destruction, with horror the young Wood Elf saw it heading towards her home and gave chase, hoping in some way to protect her family. When she arrived however, she found naught but burning embers and bones. Devastated, the Elf cried. Nothing tying her down any longer, she left her home after burying the skeletons of her mother, step father, and baby sister.

Hullo!

Character Sheet:

I see nothing here that catches my eye as being incorrect.

Character Backstory:

I see nothing here that catches my eye as needing fixing.

I'll be sure to send your character up the chain to hopefully get added to a party soon! If you have any questions or make changes, feel free to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back