[Party 11] Maris Sevail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiddly

People keep telling me I'm an adult??
Character Sheet: located here.
Preferred Activity: medium activity--likely post in the evenings and weekends. and definitely not read while i'm at work like a bad kid
Backstory: located here. (Also linked within character sheet.)

Hey there! Just figured I'd point out a couple things:

Sheet:
- You didn't fill out your cleric proficiencies in Wisdom and Charisma saving throws.
- I assume your charlatan "con item" is your second holy symbol, since you wouldn't get it otherwise. Please confirm this is the case.
- Just being nitpicky, but it'd be nice if you could clarify up top in class that she's a Trickery cleric (based on her feature). It'd also be nice if you could somehow denote charm person and disguise self as domain spells (I'd recommend changing text color on the "is prepped" dots!) Might wanna fill out alignment as well, just so we have a decent ballpark idea of how she'd act.

Backstory:

Perhaps I'm just being nitpicky about lore stuff but I don't think a distant god would reach out so easily to a nondescript teenager ( that's more up the alley of a warlock, if anything haha) Not to mention, it's Leira -- why would a god of lies be so truthful to someone who doesn't even believe in her yet? :P

I also kinda see her as being more enigmatic than direct or a trickster person, based off of this passage from Sword's Coast Adventurer Guide:

Leira isn't viewed as malicious or as a trickster but is seen as enigmatic, quiet, and retiring. ... The faithful of Leira seem to be scarce, although it is difficult to know this for certain, because those who favor her rarely make their inclinations known. ... shrines dedicated to her found across the continent are usually disguised as-other kinds of sites, marked with signs that only the faithful would recognize.

I also found this excerpt to be interesting, namely the following passage:

Membership in the clergy is often heriditary, but new blood can be brought in on the recommendation of current members. They have no special clothing but always carry hidden upon themselves somewhere secret, sometimes as a tattoo, the symbol of Leira, They are usually dressed well and comfortably, and often change their appearances to keep from being recognized.

Based on these I'd suggest a more reasonable way of joining the Leira faith would be being invited by another Leira worshipper, one who was perhaps impressed with Maris's skills in deception and trickery. Then she'd start working her way up the (secret) ranks until she somehow gained Leira's attention for real and thus got cleric powers. We can work on this together if you'd like :)

Let me know if you have any questions on Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread