Party 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smoky figure looks up as the two newcomers approach, flitting over and swirling around them, seeming to examine them from every angle.

"Ah, I see the two of you have finally woken. Come, we have been waiting for you."

It floats up behind Patrin, resting its hands on his shoulders, and causing a wave of warmth to run down his back.

"So, tell me little dragon, what will you do when your faith isn't enough? You will find yourself in a time of desperate need, and when you call, you will find no answer. What will you do then?"

Dissipating, it reforms next to Supaklu.

"And you, mage. You rely on your magics, but they will fail you. You have dedicated your life to an art that will not save you when you most need it. What is your backup plan?"

It shoots off to the side, once more inspecting the group as a whole.

"You each have strengths. But you each have weaknesses as well. So the question remains. When you are at your lowest, will you break, or will you stand tall?"

Supaklu shrugs, looking at the creature. "I didn't break before I had magic, why would I start now?" He stands a bit taller as he speaks. "So demon, you try to sew seeds of doubt in our ranks. Why don't you speak plainly in what you propose, or send me back to my bed?"

Patrin scoffs at the smokes remark, "My faith, a shield and armor has never failed me before. I dont think it will fail me now. Even if it did I'd..." he hesitates, just a moment longer then a breath, "No, my faith will always protect and guide me. Everything else is extra!"

Serres raised an eyebrow at the mottled crew surrounding her and looked at the smokey figure, "So you bring a bunch of people together, of different races, creeds, and backgrounds, but to what aim?" Taking another look at her surroundings, "You obviously have some purpose to all of this, did you specifically gather us here to fulfill something for you, or were we just in the all the wrong place at the wrong time and now suffer the consequences?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread