What's new

Party 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephironNyl

Junior Member
CHAPTER 0: Dreams

You awaken to a throbbing pain in the base of your skull. Opening your eyes, you find yourself in a barren, featureless expanse. You sift through your memories, trying to recall where you are, or how you got here, but they turn up nothing. Your memories are all there, all intact, but unless there is something perfectly removed from your memories, so as to leave no indication that it was ever there, you fell asleep one night, only to wake up here.

Looking around, the first thing you notice are the mists swirling about you. They are thick, a dull grey in colour, and drift lazily about you, spinning and twirling in air currents you cannot feel. Whether they extend upwards forever, or have settled down to a level above your head, you cannot tell, but looking upwards, you see no sky, but only the thickening grey of the fog as it blocks your line of sight. Taking a breath in, you realise that the mists smell of ash and cinders, almost smelling more of smoke than fog, but without smoke's usual warmth.

The second thing you notice is the fact that you are not alone. There are three humanoid figures standing there with you. While they are not too far away, the mists make them difficult to see, and all you can really make out are the forms, silhouetted against the grey.
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan stands a 6'1" bulk of tanned muscle. A head of short blonde hair frames a rather handsome face which is marked with a scar from a set of claws around the left of his green eyes and pointed ears.

He looks around him while his hand instinctively reaches for his back for a weapon which is not there. He spots the 3 figures in the mist.

"Who are you people? Why have you brought me to this wretched place? Know this, I will not help you with any dark rituals and I will not go into easily into the endless rest!" He declares as he raises his fists for a fight.
(I assume the figures are the other players)
 
Last edited:

DevilishEgg

Member
It wasn’t the first time Serres woke up to a headache and hazy memories of the night before. “Oh, keep it down!” She looked at the figure and struggled to place him from the previous night, “Who are you?” Noticing the others for the first time her headache intensified. “Who the hell are any of you!”

The half elf struggled to her feet missing the comfortable weight of her shield and armor.
 

Cayser182

New Member
He is slightly more trusting seeing a fellow half-elf. Urlan walks towards the talking figure. "I am Urlan, Urlan Farson, squire of the paladins of Torm. If you are not my captor then I believe it would be prudent to work together against our mutual, I assume, foe. Mrs...?" He lowers his fists but a trained fighter can tell he is still at the ready.
 

DevilishEgg

Member
Serres paused a moment suspicious before holding out her hand, “You can call me Serres. Do you find yourself with a strange gap in your memory too?” She raised an eyebrow at the others. It won’t do to lower her guard down now, especially weaponless and armorless.
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan examines the hand for a moment, "Indeed I do" he gives her a firm handshake.
"If we are both here against our will then perhaps the others are too. But who could have abducted us all?"
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
"dark rituals?... What the fu..." Nanoc's voice trails off as he sits on the ground, he reaches behind the back of his head and rubs the base of his skull to relieve some pain caused by the headache. His eyes still trying to adjust to the thick mists he squints to see the shadowed figures and complains to himself. "uugh, what have I got myself into now?" the half orc stands to a stagger and straightens himself, he quickly realised the absence of his sword and becomes frustrated quickly, annoyed he begins to walk toward the shadows that are talking, upon coming into better vision they see a tall pale teal skinned half orc with a dark brown braid that reaches the middle of his back with the sides of his head shaved. He wears simple fur matted leather pants and boots and remains shirtless bearing red tribal tattoos and some old scars across his body and chest. He raises an eyebrow with a confused face.

"I'm tipping you guys are just as confused as I am right about now?"
 

DevilishEgg

Member
Serres raised an amused eyebrow at the half-orc, “No, I wager this theme of amnesia might be what ties us together.” The half-elf looked around, her instincts and experience kicking in. She started checking out her surroundings for any immediate danger. It wouldn’t do to continue this fun shindig when a monster could be lurking nearby.
 

Becks

Nereida
Nereieda has been standing just at the edge of the mist listening in, and finally steps forward once she decided these others seem friendly enough. She is a short half-elf with tanned skin and red hair tied back in a ponytail. "So, none of us know how we got here? That'll make finding a way out more difficult than I would like. " She removes her hat and bows lowly and a bit dramatically. She straightens herself with a hop and holds her hand out to shake. "I'm Nereida!"
 

SephironNyl

Junior Member
As the group of you make your introductions, the mists swirl around you, slowly coagulating into a shape, approximately the same size as you. Amorphous at first, it eventually resolves itself into a vaguely humanoid shape. Finally, it opens its eyes, revealing an interior lit by the flickering embers of a dying fire. Joining the eyes, a large, gash-like mouth splits open, unnervingly wide. When the figure speaks, its voice hisses and crackles, sending embers out of its mouth to dance and twirl around your faces before dying out, leaving only the smell of smoke in their wake.

"I see you are all awake now. That is most fortuitous. You all clearly have many questions, but they must wait. The fuse burns short, time is almost up."

The figure suddenly disappears, dissipating once more into the mists, only to almost immediately reform on the other side of you.

"But what brings you all here? A legacy to take for yourselves, but are you worthy?"

The figure waits, seemingly for a reply.
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan raises his fists towards the figure. "What manner of fiend are you smoke man? If you wish to harm us you will see my worth!"
Urlan opens up his divine sense to detect if this being is celestial, fiend or undead, or if the area they are within is consecrated or desecrated.
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
Nanoc places his hands on his lower back as he arches backwards in a stretch. "worthy huh?... Sure! Let's say yes fire man." Nanoc looks around to the others to see what they say.
 

SephironNyl

Junior Member
The figure chuckles, a sound reminiscent of a crackling flame. It then sweeps forward, bringing its face mere inches from Urlan. This close, Urlan is able to see into the creatures eyes, nothing more than holes in the smoky exterior that reveal a core of flickering fire.

"Ah, bearer of light, beacon of hope. You seek to extinguish the evils of the world. But can you hold back the darkness forever? Because it will fight to smother you at the first opportunity it gets."

It shoots backwards, swirling around Nanoc before resting a smoky arm across his shoulders.

"And you, wielder of strength. You have confidence in your abilities. But is that confidence well placed? Will your strength be enough, or will you find you are missing that important virtue only when it comes time to need it?"

Finally, it swoops over to the space between Nereida and Serres, looking between the two of them.

"And the two silent watchers. What secrets are you trying to keep to yourselves? Will you speak when the time comes to raise your voices? Or will you keep your mouths shut as the shadows close in around you?"

Pulling back, the figure looks you all up and down, then waves a hand, and four amorphous shapes solidify out of the mists. With a gesture, the figure sends the four shapes orbiting in a large circle at head height, around the group of you.

"And so now we see who you all truly are. So tell me, from what do you draw your power? Your strength?"

One of the orbiting shapes turns from an indistinguishable blob to a sword, continuing to move around.

"Your faith?"

The second turns into a sun.

"Perhaps your knowledge?"

The third turns into a book.

"Or maybe you draw it from your allies?"

The fourth turns into a featureless man, running through the air.

"Whatever the source of your power, I can offer it. But you must prove that you deserve it first."
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
Nanoc raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms. "I draw power from strength yes, sometimes anger too... How must we prove ourselves?" he voice runs deep and stern.
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan watches the objects spin and sees the sword fly to Nanoc he laughs. "I see through your trick fiend, my arm is strong, my faith solid and my knowledge studied" he says the last one with less confidence "but these are just tools that we employ to protect the things and the people we care about, that is where my faith lies."

He grins smuggly thinking he has out smarted the figure.
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
Nanoc looks up towards the floating sword above his head and studies it for a moment then frowns and mumbles to himself. "I better get my father's sword back after all this..."
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan bats at the figure of the man. "I do not trust this." He takes a few steps towards the smoke figure and turns to the party.
"This Thing is not a fiend nor is it a celestial being, but it does set off my sense for such beings. It's intentions are like it's identity, unknown. Our best chance to escape this place is to work together." He looks over the group and nods "So will you stand with me?"

The whole speech he has his back to the smoke man, ignoring him.
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
"So your plan is to ignore the smoke man and... Walk through this mist?... I mean I'm all for getting out of here and working together to do so. But I feel like this floaty things will lead us somewhere eventually... I also want my sword back." Nanoc stands patiently.
 

Cayser182

New Member
"I only mean to stand with those I share a common blood over a creature of smoke and fire. If we wish to follow this trial I will stand with you but I have made my intent and suspicions clear."
Urlan steps back towards the party and turns so he faces the party but has the smoke figure to his side rather than his back.
 

TableTopical

New Member
Supaklu awakens, standing, watching, listening to the smokey form talking to the group, but unable to move. He waits patiently, having experienced dreams where he was unable to move many times before. Finally, the dark skinned orc feels his muscles unlock, and begins walking towards the group. Instinctively, he pulls he adjusts his long black hair, and pulls the hood of his cloak tighter over his face.

"So who are you all supposed to represent?" He points to the group. "You; my need to help people around me?" He motions to the smokey figure. "And you; everyone I've ever tried to help resisting and hating me?"

He sighs to himself, disappointed in his mind's clumsy use of hyperbole. "Lets give this thing whatever it wants so I can learn whatever my brain is trying to tell me, and wake up in the morning to continue my travels."
 

Theseiroth

Nindrol Blakwyrm/Lecuis Musiker/Dagger
Awakened by the creatures voice, Patrin freezes in fear. Barely listening to the thing he prays for guidance and as it finishes speaking he know what he must do. Rising to his feet he moves towards the others speaking as he does. "I know not what you are Creature, but by my faith in Bahamut I shall be protected from your evil ways, I may not know these others but they will be safe from you as long as I stand. Ask plainly what you want so we may all go home."
 

Cayser182

New Member
Urlan looks to the new voices and back to Smokey McSmokeface "More captives?"

He then looks to the new arrivals addressing them. "I am Urlan Farson, while I do not understand, if I am to represent a being let it be Torm. He is my deity and the one I swear an oath to." He slams his hand to his heart in a sort of salute. "Any follower of Bahamut finds an ally with me, as our gods are friends above so shall we be here."
 

TableTopical

New Member
Supaklu's eyebrow arches, surprised at the religious themes that this dream was starting to take on. "Perhaps you are.. my mind's need to... believe in something... no that can't be right... I think I've read something on this before..." He trails off, mumbling to himself and trying to remember what he has read about dreams.

A few moments later, having moved on from his line of thinking in dreams, he looks up at the figures, surprised they are still there. "Very well, I am Supaklu Gravetusk, a dabbler in the arcane arts." He paused for another moment. "Now, what are our plans to move forward? Shall we get more information on this smoke thing's tasks, or shall we find our way into the mists?"
 

Havoc Pigeon

Magic Eight Ball
Nanoc frowns at the situation at hand two more of them!? He thinks to himself. His fingers tap the sides of his bicep where his crossed arms meet, the signs of him growing impatient are starting to show. "I have a feeling that if we aimlessly walk about in the mists that we won't get anywhere. I'm also quite curious of smokies tasks here... Hey! Smoke man! Where is my father's sword!?"
 

Theseiroth

Nindrol Blakwyrm/Lecuis Musiker/Dagger
Patrin looks to Urlan with a smile and returns the salute "I am Patrin Norixius, and I say we find out what this being wants from us so we may press on. Speak Smoke being, though I may always smile I'm not know for my patience. I have many in need at my temple and not time for games!" Patrin looked the smoke over but it is incredibly hard to know what the wind is ever thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top