• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Partners in Crime

Black Rose: She had made it back before Ark and his men returned, leading the refugees out of the village, the few that had decided to follow and believe her. There was only about a hundred or so but it was better than nothing. Hopefully Ark didn't kill all of them and there was a chance more had escaped without her doing though. Black Rose would make sure to thwart Ark any chance she got, she had to be careful not to get caught though and decided not to tell Charnette about this. When Black Rose arrives into the tent, Charnette was gone and in her coffin. Black Rose shrinks down some and jumps onto her coffin, guarding her until she was ready to come out. She was almost asleep when Ark comes into their tent with the news of their pillage and the men that Charnette requested. "You fixing it won't wash away the blood you spill," she growls at him but doesn't make a move towards him, nor gets off the coffin to get Charnette.

"I don't care about the blood I care about the land and you did me some good you found the right spots so no one could escape the walls." His men begin tearing down the tent. "Alright let's move the coffin to town I know she would like the men we saved to give her a bit more of her strength back." Men walk over to the coffin avoiding eye contact with the dragon.

Black Rose: She whips her head around when the men starts coming towards the coffin and she stays on top of the coffin, protecting the precious cargo inside. She roars at the men and lashes out her tail, hitting one of them and knocking them down. "Nobody touches the coffin besides myself or Charnette," she roars at them, not letting them near. Even in her fury, she hears a light knock and jumps down, glaring at anybody that comes too close.

Charnette: She opens her coffin lid, her eyes bloodshot and puffy, only Black Rose would be able to tell that she had been crying for the past couple of hours now. She hoped that to anybody else, her eyes were only like this because she was hungry. She glares at the men near her coffin but says nothing and steps out of it. She taps the coffin and it becomes the size of a small toy, which Charnette tucks into her cloak.

Juane was getting really annoyed with Black Rose. when Charnette got out of her coffin he went to talk to her. "Charnette we are packing up the camp and moving to the village. I got the men you wanted waiting there. Can you please talk to Black Rose about hurting my men."

Charnette: "Her number one priority is to protect me at all costs and a vampire is most vulnerable in their coffin, so she obviously detected your men approaching my coffin as a threat to my life. It was an honest mistake and I am sorry for that, but this is a foreign place and she doesn't know you or your men, which is why she attacked," she explains to him, not really wanting to deal with anybody, especially him. She whistles and Black Rose trots behind her. Charnette pulls up her hood and follows Ark to the village.

Juane and his men walk back to the village when they got there it was still being fixed up. when they get close to the castle he turns to Charnette. "You and I will be in the castle just pick what ever room you want." He walks in and takes the main room and goes in to make some plans.

Black Rose: She walks up behind Charna, keeping close to her and presses up against her to try to comfort her. "Charna.." she says softly, the first word she spoke in common since being brought back. She shrinks and flies up to her shoulder before licking her cheek, trying to give all the comfort she could.

Charnette: She knew that Black Rose meant well but she couldn't feel anything, everything was just empty inside of her. She picks a room and flops onto her bed. "Go ask Ark about the men I wanted.." she lays on the bed, staring emotionless at the ceiling.

Last edited:
After a bit of planning, Juane lays on his to relax. He haf=d a long day of pillaging and death. He was ready to fall asleep and that's what he does.

Black Rose: She wished she could do something more for Charnette but knew that Charnette would pass over this, she would probably feel better once she got some proper sleep though. She remembered which room Ark was in and knocks on his door with her tail.

Juane was close to falling asleep when he heard a knock on the door. With a sigh, he gets up and walks over to the door. "This better be for a good enough reason or so help me gods i will end you and bring you back to life then end you again." He opens the door and sees Black Rose at the door. "Whats up Tall, Dark, and Heated."

Black Rose: She hears the threat that Ark says through the door and almost laughs out loud. If only he knew that she had already died once and came back alive. She takes a few steps back and sits on the ground, waiting for him to open the door. She puffs out smoke to his comment when he saw her. "Well I hope it's important enough for you. The princess wants her men be sent to her room. And quickly too, she will need to sleep soon before the sun rises," even though Charnette didn't ask for this specifically, she knew Charnette would be happier this way.

"I already have them being sent up they should be there in a few minutes." He looks the dragon up and down. "So what have the two of you been doing before I found you. Your master seemed extremely weak and in a lot of pain." He was genuinely curious because she looked like she had gone through hell.

Black Rose: As soon as he said that the men were being sent to her room already, she was about to leave, but then he started talking some more. She listens to his question and really wasn't sure how to answer that question. She didn't trust him and neither did Charnette. What was she supposed to say? Maybe she shouldn't answer him at all and just walk away. But he was attempting to be nice so perhaps he deserved at least the same response. "We've been through a lot. I'm not sure what answer you're looking for, it's a complicated answer," she says politely but doesn't elaborate. Hopefully he would respect her decision and not press about it.

Black Rose obviously didn't want to tell him and he could tell. He understands why she wouldn't want to but sooner or later he's going to found out eventually. "Okay, I'll take that answer. I can tell you want to get back to Charnette. I'll see you two around if you need me."

Black Rose: She bows her head slightly to Ark and heads off to Charnette's room, glad that he didn't ask anymore pressing questions. When she walks into the room, it was a hard squeeze but she shrinks down and flies over to Charnette. There was thirty men in her room, all bound together and squeezed into her room. This was a lot more than expected.

Charnette: She looks at the large crowd in her room and wasn't sure what to do with this many men. "Well..there's a lot more here than I expected..." she looks around the frightened men, most of them were young strong men that she could see though some were a bit older. "My dragon told me what has happened to your village, that half the women and children were kept alive. How many of you know that your family survived?" She asks the group but none of them said anything. "Come on, don't be afraid.." her voice was silky and warm and six brave men rose their hands.

Last edited:
One of the men steps forth to Charnette"What...what do you plan to do to us. Please don't torture us. We will do anything." He is on his knees begging. The other men are looking down terrified for there lives.

Charnette: She watches the poor man beg to her and she wasn't sure how to answer him. "Well that really depends. I don't torture people but I have different plans for everyone else. My dragon can hold six grown men, so she's going to take one trip and bring you back to your families." She felt bad for these men but she couldn't reassure and save all of them, if there were only ten left then maybe. But she was hungry and would probably eat one whole on the spot. The rest, well she wasn't sure.

Last edited:
One of the six men walk up to her, grab her hand and gets on his knees. "Thank you, Thank you. Bless you, kind, kind women." The ones who don't have family wonder what is going to happen to them "What about us? What could you do for us?"

Charnette: "I don't know, I had originally asked for ten, but I got thirty. I don't need thirty of you. Black Rose, take the six men back to their families. If anyone asks, you're my men and they don't need to know anything else of what is going on. Please, follow my dragon while I figure out to do with the rest of you," she sighs, a bit frustrated. Though she was glad to have a bigger opportunity to help save more men, she wasn't sure what to do with them just yet. She couldn't let them all go free.

The men all get down on their knees. "Thank you, Thank you so much. We are all I debited to you." The start bowing to her and worshipping her. A guard hears this and walks into the room. "What is going on in here?"

Charnette: She stands up off her bed and glares at the man that intruded on them. "How dare you barge into my room like this! You have no business being in here. I deserve privacy and respect," she hisses at the man and she could hear Black Rose growling behind her. She looked at the man defiantly, she wasn't sure what he overheard but she didn't care. It really wasn't his business, if she asked for men, it was her choice what she did with them and no one could say a thing against it.

The man is annoyed at the sight he is looking at and the attitude by this woman. "Whatever, just keep it down. Ark will have issues if these men are to loud and he will make them suffer if he wanted too."

Charnette: "Ark won't touch my men," she says with a laugh before slamming the door shut on him. She opens the window inside her room, not wanting to run into anybody else and she drags the men that were bowing to her off the floor. "Enough of that, just get out of here. The room is too crowded," she hisses at them and shove them to Black Rose. Black Rose goes out the window and grows an appropriate size to hold them all, hovering right next to the window. Once the men were on here she takes off and flies high to not be seen. Charnette was left with twenty four more men and she sighs, what was she going to do with them? "I need a volunteer."

One man slowly comes up to her, seeing that the rest got kindness made him have hope. Charnette frowns at the rest of them, what would she do with 23 more men? She studies them, some were probably too old to find their way and she picks out those three and pulls the rest away. "I only need ten men, I simply don't have enough room for the rest of you. I'll give everyone a choice, you can either stay with me or you can leave, whatever you feel like you will fare the best at. I require ten men to stay with me though." Slowly, men started to come by her side and she closes the bedroom window. The men that didn't choose to stay with her, she orders them to follow her. She trusted the others to stay put, after all, where would they go? She begins to lead the band of ten with her to the outside of the camp. She makes sure that these men were bound by hand.

Last edited:
One of the men Charnette left goes and pulls out a knife and frees himself. He unlocks the doors and gets out but locks the doors behind him keeping the rest stuck in the room and he goes to Juane's room. He knocks on the door. "Ark, sir. I come with important news." Juane opens the door. "What is it?" The man looks afraid of Juane. "Charnette, she's freed men and she's planning to free more." Juane looks upset. "Well great." He leaves his room and walks over to Charnette's room where the men are. "Sorry boys looks like some of you might have a problem." He walks into the room. "Now, let's wait for Princess."

Charnette: When they were well out of the camp she cuts them loose. "You're not my problem anymore, now run, and don't get caught. I won't save you," she hisses at them and watches as all of them run. She then sighs and waits for Black Rose to come back. It wouldn't be long now. She lays down on the ground, waiting for Black Rose to come get her. After a bit, she hears the flap of wings and looks up, watching her dragon become small once again. Charnettes gets off the ground and walks back through the camp. She was tired and had 14 more men to deal with. Upon reaching her room, she sees one of the was set free and standing next to Juane. "Why are you in my room? You're invading my privacy," she says sternly and wanting to go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back